Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I think the deal with Stantis was...
You know how you had :airquote:protest voters going for Jill Stein or writing in Bernie because they KNEW that the state was going to Hillary no matter what, so they could vote their conscience and rest easy knowing that it wouldn't cost Hillary the state?

Stantis was that guy, but for Conservatives. He knew he could hitch his wagon to Gary Johnson, secure in the knowledge that Trump would never loving win, and then he could ride his conservatively moral high horse about town while complaining about how HillaryHunny Bunny was just dropping Benghazis all over the place on her private email servers because what difference would it make?
He wasn't expecting his team to actually win.

Party loyalty prevents him from complaining too much about Trump, meanwhile, he clings to "No True Scotsman" to convince himself that he's still on the right side and Trump is still somehow the outlier.

Edit: poo poo, new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Munchables posted:

e: Basically, somebody willfully severing a limb or some other part of their body and giving it to you to eat is ok, as long as they don't die from it. Anything involving death falls under the legal definition of cannibalism, and is illegal because of anti-murder, manslaughter, homicide, assisted suicide, and anti-corpse defiling laws.
So, any parts that fall off people, accidental-like, are good eating?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

i'm cancelling the Politoon Thread Meet-up

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Xander77 posted:

So, any parts that fall off people, accidental-like, are good eating?

Well, if they just fall off then there's probably some kind of disease or something goingon in them, maybe they touched an armadillo too much or something, so I wouldn't recommend eating diseased meat. The main thing is, for it to be legal and (relatively) safe, the meat has to be given with consent and it should be healthy, except for physical injury obviously.
If you have other questions or want to keep talking about it, pm me or make a cannibalism thread or something, sorry for the derail, Donk.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
What about auto cannibalism?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
What if someone gives me, of their volition and being of sound mind, written, signed consent to eat them post mortem, and then die of natural causes later on, entrusting their corpse to me?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What cartoon incited this derail?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Starving Wolf posted:

What if someone gives me, of their volition and being of sound mind, written, signed consent to eat them post mortem, and then die of natural causes later on, entrusting their corpse to me?

What if they die of something gross like a butt disease, what then?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

What if they die of something gross like a butt disease, what then?

Eat around the butt.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm pretty sure cannibalism is only legal in survival type situations where another person or people has/have already died due to circumstances beyond your control and not eating them means that you will die as well.

Clearly the aspiring maneater should take up high-risk activities like hiking and mountain climbing in remote areas with groups.

Cross your fingers for a sudden storm, you fine young cannibals!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pants Donkey posted:

But just imagine the luncheon!

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Starving Wolf posted:

That's still illegal because you'd be defiling the corpse. Please, just make a thread or pm me.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pants Donkey posted:

You just need to move it to an appropriate venue.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

The Maestro posted:

What about auto cannibalism?

I chew on the inside of my mouth occasionally and the man has never given me guff over it.

Once you start taking bites out of your fingers, though, you'll be institutionalized to protect you from self harm pretty quick, basically because no one wants to see that.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

What cartoon incited this derail?
A cartoonist died of a prion disease.

Someone, for reasons inexplicable, mentioned that places with legal cannibals are less likely to contract them.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

A cartoonist died of a prion disease.

Someone, for reasons inexplicable, mentioned that places with legal cannibals are less likely to contract them.

I'd wager it was a fetish thing (either cannibalism fetish or "making threads bad" fetish).

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I've heard of leftists eating their own, but this is getting ridiculous!

:downsrim:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Which politoonist do you think is a vore fetishist?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:cop: Mr. Raz, may I see the author's expressed, written consent for you to copy and post these works on a website?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
He dead, can't give consent to post his cartoons no more!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

World Famous W posted:

He dead, can't give consent to post his cartoons no more!

I also find his self-claimed Pro Life position very dubious given the circumstances. :rolleyes:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I come back here thinking that Wifebeater Mike died and find out it was really a Catholic cartoonist who probably ate squirrel brains or something.

The most disappointing thing of it all is people are talking about when it's okay to eat a person when they could be talking about when it's okay to eat a fetus.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Only once it's been cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
I have no words for this thread anymore.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Only if not ground. Then ya need to get up to 160.

Playstation 4 posted:

I have no words for this thread anymore.
Good. It is rude to talk while eating.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Pants Donkey posted:

Umbert megapost

Ah, yes, that classic trope of the anti-choice shitbag- the talking fetus in a disembodied womb in the void. No body carrying it to term, no lives to consider but its own, no parents arguing about how they'll make ends meet with another mouth to feed. No thirteen-year-old getting pressured into dropping out and going off to "private school" for nine months by a mom convinced that fingernails mean life, spending every night hoping that her boyfriend won't go out of state for college next year and maybe tomorrow he'll answer her Facebook messages and come to her home and elope with her like he promised.

None of that. Just a nice clean homophobic fetus in a womb in a void.

OH WAIT MOTHERFUCKER

SHE'S ALONE ON loving CHRISTMAS BUT AT LEAST SHE'S PREGNANT

Whatever he died of, it was too loving good for him.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 21, 2017

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Here is a Telnaes as penance
https://twitter.com/AnnTelnaes/status/843984194762166273

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

World Famous W posted:

Not relevant to politics but to cannibalism can someone link that comic about the dude who thought he was fighting the wendigo after a plane crash for me?

Heart of Ice.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

The only reason the media keep paying attention to this guy who keeps screaming, rolling in his own poo poo, and is the President of the Free World is because they hate republicans.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish Drunk Tails had a twitter he posted these on and read replies too just so I can have a bit of cathartic "That's the opposite of reality you loving moron" reply once in awhile.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Obama was much, much less of a fuckup than Trump. AGC

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
You can post on his website, but it's pretty dead. Last comment was some rant on the 13th. I don't think even Tinsley reads it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Like I really can't imagine being so deluded that if there was a Democratic version of Trump that did nothing but gently caress up and insult everyone while being an obvious mess I would be "no actually this is totally awesome" like all these supposedly Reasonable and Serious Republican pundits and cartoonists are saying. Adults in the room indeed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Starshark posted:

The only reason the media keep paying attention to this guy who keeps screaming, rolling in his own poo poo, and is the President of the Free World is because they hate republicans.
Righto, what's his name then?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sometimes the denial of reality just gets to be too much for me. I mean you don't like Obamacare, fine, I admit it has problems. But how you can sit there and legitimately try to make it look like the Republican plan is an example of Republicans being staunch and sober conservatives in the face of Democratic recklessness is just beyond me. Millions of people will lose health insurance. A number of those people will die as a direct result. This is literally what the plan will do.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Johnny Walker posted:

Millions of people will lose health insurance. A number of those people will die as a direct result. This is literally what the plan will do.
Yeah, the poor will die. What's the problem?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Sometimes the denial of reality just gets to be too much for me. I mean you don't like Obamacare, fine, I admit it has problems. But how you can sit there and legitimately try to make it look like the Republican plan is an example of Republicans being staunch and sober conservatives in the face of Democratic recklessness is just beyond me. Millions of people will lose health insurance. A number of those people will die as a direct result. This is literally what the plan will do.

Even if you are all aboard the gently caress you train and want people to die in order to save a few bucks I don't know how you look at the clusterfuck around the Republican's plan and think that those guys are looking like they are totally sober and in control.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

World Famous W posted:

Yeah, the poor will die. What's the problem?

And the unemployment rate will drop too. Don't need to work when you're dead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Radish posted:

Even if you are all aboard the gently caress you train and want people to die in order to save a few bucks I don't know how you look at the clusterfuck around the Republican's plan and think that those guys are looking like they are totally sober and in control.

Because their ONLY qualifiers have been: gently caress Democrats, gently caress Obama.

As long as those two items are checked off, it's a major success in their books regardless of reality.

• Locked thread