Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Yinlock posted:

I think the democrats will retake everything but learn nothing and get nothing done and the standard dem-republican cycle will begin again with nobody having learnt anything

This is the realistic best case scenario, but obviously not the ideal one.

I have no idea what the allocation by state of posters on this forum looks like, but New York is tense as hell. I went to JFK when the ban on the 7 Islamic countries was announced and I think people would be shocked to see how flooded with protesters it was on such short notice. Maybe if I lived in a lily white Staten Island neighborhood I would have a different perception, but I live in Mott Haven and am regularly at 145th in Harlem since my mother still lives there. We're all worried.

There is a bridge that connects the Bronx to Harlem called the 3rd Ave bridge. Since Trump's inauguration, I have seen 9 people pulled over by STATE police. I've never seen anyone pulled over by state police down there until then. These people were all latino. I've taken photos of every incident, and even looked up the numbers and there has been a massive increase in state police arrests in the city.

From the black/latino area of New York, poo poo is especially terrifying. The state police are pulling latinos over, all of our bodegas are getting raided and accused of selling stolen goods, young teens are getting stopped by NYPD for crossing the street on bicycles even on streets with no traffic beyond one or two dozen cars a day.

It is seriously dreadful.

edit: to finish my point, getting the usual fair weather friend democrat get back into power would be good. Good as in, you're drowning and swimming to the surface, and you can at least see where the water stops.

I have very little hope it will happen, especially for 2018, but we really need politicians that are totally serious about racial justice. This poo poo is madness. I say this as someone who would've given Bernie a passable 7/10 and Hillary a 4/10. New York is supposed to be super progressive but we are segregated as can be and the police are completely transparent about who they go after.

It's miserable. Seriously.

Mixodorian fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump rules everything around me

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

is this rela

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
By the end of the Trump era I will have converted to either Islam or survivalist Mormonism.

Not sure which one yet though

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Yinlock posted:

I think the democrats will retake everything but learn nothing and get nothing done and the standard dem-republican cycle will begin again with nobody having learnt anything

the current (or previous) dem-rep cycle was markedly a product of neoliberalism, and not all the king's men are putting that humpty dumpty back together again. worst case dems take over and pretend like everything's cool again now and reps get in again with some trump 2.0 who's evil but also not an idiot

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 28, 2017

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

is this rela

na, and I wish people wouldn't do this poo poo. He's a white supremacist as it is, don't need to make up poo poo. Also, no American presidents come into contact with the homeless, LOL

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Folks are like "ohh there's all these violent passages in the Quran" -- have they even seen the Book of Mormon? It's seriously "The Bible Part Deux: Jesus is back ... and he's pissed."

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Wikkheiser posted:

By the end of the Trump era I will have converted to either Islam or survivalist Mormonism.

Go smoke weed with the Zoroastrian girls in Iran. As far as I know, an American who knows Farsi is a highly valued commodity to the country. Low cost of living, almost as big as Germany.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

The Brown Menace posted:

the current (or previous) dem-rep cycle was markedly a product of neoliberalism, and not all the king's men are putting that humpty dumpty back together again. worst case dems take over and pretend like everything's cool again now and reps get in again with some trump 2.0 who's evil but also not an idiot

yeah the US really needs a strong national labor movement to terrorize lovely centrist democrats. Don't know what that looks like but traditional unions seem to have peaked in power long ago and are being stomped into the ground further by the GOP

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Wikkheiser posted:

Folks are like "ohh there's all these violent passages in the Quran" -- have they even seen the Book of Mormon? It's seriously "The Bible Part Deux: Jesus is back ... and he's pissed."

Scientology is the least offensive religion based on its texts, and I'm sure I don't need to get into what happens to its members. Religion is dumb as hell and is only important to people still because they use it as a cultural marker/signifier of identity (lot of people). Accept this truth and do as you wish.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

is this rela

no but someone in the thread really said it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mixodorian posted:

Scientology is the least offensive religion based on its texts, and I'm sure I don't need to get into what happens to its members. Religion is dumb as hell and is only important to people still because they use it as a cultural marker/signifier of identity (lot of people). Accept this truth and do as you wish.
I agree with this statement

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If humans made God, and not the other way around, then it also follows that they can pick and choose whatever they want.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

mannerup posted:

unless you can name 24 republican representatives and 19 republican senators who would turncoat, impeachment talk is just masturbatory fantasy

If Trump is found to have worked with the Russians to get elected every single Republican will vote for it.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

G*D is real, and he is watching

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Wikkheiser posted:

If humans made God, and not the other way around, then it also follows that they can pick and choose whatever they want.

humans did make god

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

Trump rules everything around me
Same except the IRS

Which Jesus made

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
You are really selling me on Iran and we're all definitely on a few more watchlists now after the last few pages.

speaking of Iran, it really seems like since Flynn got fired the war drums toward them have gotten much quieter. The first couple weeks the rhetoric was so gratuitous and stupid. Wonder if the 500k Flynn got from Turkey paid for starting a war with iran

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

man made god in his own image thats why greek mythology is full of hosed up deviant art poo poo like bulls raping swans

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Hamelekim posted:

If Trump is found to have worked with the Russians to get elected every single Republican will vote for it.

hopefully the instinct for self preservation wins over party unity in the end

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mixodorian posted:

Go smoke weed with the Zoroastrian girls in Iran. As far as I know, an American who knows Farsi is a highly valued commodity to the country. Low cost of living, almost as big as Germany.

probably not the best time to move there with all the insane people trump has surrounded himself with who want a war with Iran

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
god is real and he is trump

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Donkwich posted:

Im imagining a trump administration/watchmen crossover and its horriflying

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Wikkheiser posted:

It depends, what are your views on polygamy and do you believe black people have souls?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sandweed posted:

It depends, what are your views on polygamy and do you believe black people have souls?
yes

for both questions

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

moveable shape posted:

You are really selling me on Iran and we're all definitely on a few more watchlists now after the last few pages.

speaking of Iran, it really seems like since Flynn got fired the war drums toward them have gotten much quieter. The first couple weeks the rhetoric was so gratuitous and stupid. Wonder if the 500k Flynn got from Turkey paid for starting a war with iran

There is a popular saying in Iran, it goes "Torke khar". You can punch that into google and have lots of fun, I'm sure the "Torke" explains what it means.

As far as the quieting down of Trump against Iran, it happening after Flynn leaving is no coincidence. Flynn was the one who got money from Turkey, the rest of the administration is on the take with Russia who obviously does not want Iran attacked. This poo poo is comically easy to track based on who received what money, but I know if these fucks were ever brought to court (lol) decisive evidence of quid pro quo would be needed.

In closing, Erdogan is the embodiment of Torke khar. Turkey is starting to think maybe THEY should be the Sunni head of the Islamic world instead of Saudi Arabia, and it is going to cause huge problems.

Semi-related, western news has been saying Rouhani won't get re-elected, but he has massive popular support in Iran. It's very interesting that our news media would make such a claim with literally no evidence. Rouhani will be re-elected and Iran will continue its slow re-emergence into the first world.

P.S. gently caress Ike's CIA for Operation AJAX and here's hoping Iran recovers soon. The people want it, so as long as they're supported it is only a matter of time.

There is a reason Iranian women wear their hijab so low that it is barely staying on their head, after all.

Edit: Jose, I hear that, but I would be willing to bet money we won't hear about Iran ever again now that Flynn is gone. I could be wrong, but Russia and Iran are tight so, let's hope for the best.

Mixodorian fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 21, 2017

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Donkwich posted:

piss for the piss god

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 28, 2017

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol a tape could drop of Trump literally agreeing to take all orders from Putin and subvert all American interests to the profit of Russia and the GOP still wouldn't impeach him

Stop believing that these animals in the Republican party will ever do a single thing in the interests of the US if it harms them or their party in any way, shape, or form. They will not, act accordingly

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Philip Rivers posted:

Xena is canonically 6' tall :allears: (I love Xena!!)

C-SPAM poster does a huge triple front flip through the air to reach a keyboard to post "tormp bad"

also maybe a backflip to kick off some D&D posters

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

lol a tape could drop of Trump literally agreeing to take all orders from Putin and subvert all American interests to the profit of Russia and the GOP still wouldn't impeach him

Stop believing that these animals in the Republican party will ever do a single thing in the interests of the US if it harms them or their party in any way, shape, or form. They will not, act accordingly

its truly breathtaking

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Mixodorian posted:

There is a popular saying in Iran, it goes "Torke khar". You can punch that into google and have lots of fun, I'm sure the "Torke" explains what it means.

googling that led me to wikipedia and this lol

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009
The republicans, with the exception of maybe a couple dozen between Senate and the House, will have to be dragged kicking and screaming to impeach Trump even with irrefutable evidence. Nunes, who is the head of the 8 appointed to investigate the Russia connection, apparently claimed he did not know who Carter Page was in an interview after the hearing.

Republicans are total gently caress boys. They'll keep Trump afloat as long as possible just to ram through their anti-poor and anti-minority policies that they have been waiting to get passed at the behest of their sponsors.

Obama put faith in the Republican party's rationality on simple issues. It blew up in his face. Let us constituents not give them that same benefit of the doubt.

E: Moveable Shape, the Iranians hate the Turks to an extreme degree and vice versa lol. It's obviously not right but as an outsider it is a bit funny. Gotta keep that Ottoman/Persian rivalry going after all.

Mixodorian fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Mar 21, 2017

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Wikkheiser posted:

yes

for both questions

Golden tablets or clay tablets?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Mixodorian posted:

Semi-related, western news has been saying Rouhani won't get re-elected, but he has massive popular support in Iran. It's very interesting that our news media would make such a claim with literally no evidence. Rouhani will be re-elected and Iran will continue its slow re-emergence into the first world.

eh rouhani has taken a big hit in popularity ever since the US deal failed to MIGA, it's more like he will win because his opponents are just a big gallery of "literally who?" and "*arrested development voice* him?"

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

also elections are pretty much right around the corner so its too loving late for some dark horse candidate to show up now

its gonna be rouhani vs the mayor of tehran and that dude got landslid by rouhani the last time so: lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Wikkheiser posted:

ive seriously thought about mormonism because of the survivalist thing

but then i realized alcohol and caffeine are pretty much my alpha and omega and thus baloomormon isn't gonna happen

id be an AMAZING mormon if i were a mormon

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
plus lol their heretic as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the book of mormon is so loving good i want to go see it again

• Locked thread