Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

HGH posted:

But yeah about this Nox macro thing, launching the game is taking me through the tutorial/account creation, did I gently caress something up?

Oh. On your phone/tablet where you usually play it, you have it linked to facebook right? That's the cloud-save connection, otherwise it rests on your device only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is probably about as good as a single pull as you can get on the banner.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'm well over 800k points now and still no yshtola pull

good thing she's available from the rewards

but yeah if you're using olive be sure to shattering shot and try to get true shot even as part of a short chain as you do massive damage

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
the two Buttzes I'm TMR farming are at a combined 95% I can loving TASTE IT, gimme that doublehand.

Olive's at like 55%'ish too, but I don't think I'm gonna keep pouring lapis down the TMR drain this week. Gonna be nice to free up those two Bartz slots for a couple Zidanes though, now that I finally have some!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

/\/\/\ It won't let you sign in to Facebook? Even from the sign in screen? Yeah, probably something is wrong. Everything works fine on mine.

Okay, so you can't actually craft Y'shtola and Minfilia's exclusive materias, you get a copy directly.

If I slap a Black Belt on her, will that stack, and make it 50% likely to retaliate with a heal?

No. Two different abilities don't stack their proc rates together and only one counter can trigger per hit received IIRC, so a black belt would make her curaja counter go off even less.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Just Olive, Shattering Shot and the +100% ATK buff (and a tiny chain with Warp Break). She hits for around 700k if Shattering Shot sticks and she doesn't get hit with the ATK break. Her LB absolutely rapes Ifrit and Cecil with Black Belt is handy for building LBs.

I shoulda known, yeah. I can't afford to take Olives, I need Ling for breaks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

No. Two different abilities don't stack their proc rates together and only one counter can trigger per hit received IIRC, so a black belt would make her curaja counter go off even less.

Dang. Thanks.

Cartoon Man posted:

This is probably about as good as a single pull as you can get on the banner.

My Y'shtola came when I pulled with about 5000 at once. Maybe saving them up for a YUGE pull will help those who haven't pulled her.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Any idea how many cumulative points you were at?

I'm going to try this tomorrow for giggles.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Rates shouldn't change based on making a larger pull. I've been exclusively doing the multi 5k coin capped pulls, and at a little over 400k points haven't pulled yshtola yet.

It may be psychologically a little more pleasing/disheartening to see the pulls in that format based on your outlook though.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I made a vid of me using Minfilia on Ifrit ELT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBfXBqqyZ1w

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Both my Olive and Butz TMs are in the 90%s, can't wait to get them and have the next 5 trials/event bosses/raid bosses be immune to lightning.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

For those of you that TM grind, do you wait till the day rolls over to run the macro? I forgot about the notifications pop up before I went to sleep yesterday, woke up to find my macro had run for like 45 minutes before the pop-up halted it :(

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ubiquitus posted:

For those of you that TM grind, do you wait till the day rolls over to run the macro? I forgot about the notifications pop up before I went to sleep yesterday, woke up to find my macro had run for like 45 minutes before the pop-up halted it :(

You should use the macros in this reddit thread which gets all around all that annoying crap automatically.

edit: Holy gently caress I forgot how to format URLs.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What to use King Burst Pot on? This thing gives 10000 LB experience.
I understand the order goes Cecil>Exdeath and then others. Obviously Noctis and Olive owners would use it on those units. What's the next best choice? Y'shtola? Minfillia? Vanille?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Probably save for Tidus just in case. I don't think anyone else's LB's are really impactful enough to warrant using a 10k pot. Like, Y'shtola's LB is really strong but she's a pretty niche unit to begin with compared to DC Refia/future 6* Tilith. Minfilia is also situational and her LB is a weaker version of Cecil's. Vanille's is just bad.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 21, 2017

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
you generally want to use LB pots on units that have utility/support LBs rather than damage ones.

RedApe98
Mar 17, 2009

Used some of my Orlandeau stash on an eleven pull. Got 4 Golds!!!! 3 goddamn Vanilles and like my sixth snow. gently caress! I have all the Excaliburs and Dual Wields I will ever need now at least. Just wanted my first Chizaru :(

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Finally!

Probably just gonna farm pro for the quick and incidental exp now.

Also apparently this

I like that they used the PSP names for his skills, wasn't sure which way they'd go after the first bunch of FFT characters.

Trilin fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Mar 21, 2017

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
And now that everyone went fishing for Noctis, Orlandeau's up next. Womp womp womp.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Oh my god, it's actually Orlandu time.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Mad Fnorder posted:

And now that everyone went fishing for Noctis, Orlandeau's up next. Womp womp womp.

To the absolute surprise of no one.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Capitalism Ho

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
That GL-exclusive katana will definitely get my Lightning to Ifrit Immunity, incidentally.

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evasion
Left Hand: Flame Shield +36DEF+8SPR+50%Fire-50%Ice
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Flame Mail +45DEF+50%Fire-50%Ice
Accessory 1: Twenty-sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 1: Equip H Shield Can equip Heavy Shields
Ability 2: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 4923 MP: 254 ATK: 490 DEF: 290 MAG: 177 SPR: 207

Total: 105% Dodge, 150% Fire Resist

I'll rush that katana and keep lightning up for people who want to cheese ELT every so often.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

If you buy Lapis through Apple, here's a $100 ITunes card for $85.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/282397162064?...1&ul_noapp=true

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Oh man the other 3 units are so bad, too. It's beautiful.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Be jealous, I pulled the #1 choice of everyone in the Player's Choice banner for a second time!

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Orlandeau incoming... it's officially time to panic :kingsley:

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Well I think I am feeling my innability to focus on getting one unit maxed out with tmrs but I just daily pulled Gilgamesh so whatever I guess.

Minfillia is really good and I should use her yeah? Get her stated up?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Mylan posted:

We've prepared for this scenario. I've been saving a bazillion tickets for this. I am so ready to have a billion of those dancer ladies. We got this.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Servaetes posted:

We've prepared for this scenario. I've been saving a bazillion tickets for this. I am so ready to have a billion of those dancer ladies. We got this.

Try not to :suicide: when you get :gumi:-ed.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

What to use King Burst Pot on? This thing gives 10000 LB experience.
I understand the order goes Cecil>Exdeath and then others. Obviously Noctis and Olive owners would use it on those units. What's the next best choice? Y'shtola? Minfillia? Vanille?

Minfilia has a burst almost as good as Cecil.

Mylan posted:

It's never time to panic. That's how they get you.

That and the gacha.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's never time to panic. That's how they get you.

Sorry, can't hear you over this bonfire of disappointment I'm about to throw all my tickets into

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I just blew 5000 lapis on a terrible pull on the player choice banner a week or so ago too. Yuck.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Wasn't the last player's choice banner in the fall immediately followed up by the first Lightning banner? Orlando being after this PC banner makes perfect sense.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

All this excitement about Orlandu, we all forgot to go kill Ifrit. He's about to level up to 23, except we only have 30 minutes left. We're not gonna make it.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Well I think I am feeling my innability to focus on getting one unit maxed out with tmrs but I just daily pulled Gilgamesh so whatever I guess.

Minfillia is really good and I should use her yeah? Get her stated up?

Alright I looked her up

Yeah she's pretty good glad I managed to get her

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
My numbers say you should do single raidcoin pulls if you're looking for materials, multi-pulls (up to 5000 raidcoins a pull) if you're looking for Thancreds which now are close to a 7:1 ratio to Minfilia. Love those 10% HP/ATK TMs though.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 21, 2017

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I look forward to my friends list filling up with Orlandus as my 70 tickets go towards the other crappy TMs on the banner.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
So when should we expect Agrias and WoL 6 star? I'd be content with Orlandu-lite to chain with the real deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Kis that why orlandu is so exciting? Because he's 6* with a full break?

• Locked thread