Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Why do all these goons own black leather jackets? Bizarre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nice antennules and telson.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Don't post pictures of your dick please.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kitchner posted:

Don't post pictures of your dick please.

Well you know what they say; you can't spell Don't post pictures of your dick without post pictures of your dick.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well you know what they say; you can't spell Don't post pictures of your dick without post pictures of your dick.

Welp, you've got him there.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wow.

You have truly opened my eyes to the truth.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jerry Cotton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R15LkyO8gq8

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I love you, Picnic Princess, no matter the gross finger or lack of leather coat, you are one hell of a cool cat.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Again, I apologize for the size of the graph, there was an error at the printer.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Kitchner posted:

Why do all these goons own black leather jackets? Bizarre

It's one of the most ubiquitous clothing items of the last 50 years. Why is that odd :confusedtoot:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

kru posted:

It's one of the most ubiquitous clothing items of the last 50 years. Why is that odd :confusedtoot:

Must be an American thing. Unless you're riding a motorbike it's not really that common in the UK. More common for women than men I guess

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Kitchner posted:

Must be an American thing. Unless you're riding a motorbike it's not really that common in the UK. More common for women than men I guess

I think that Billy Idol and a whole lot of street punks might want to have a word with you.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Hard no. posted:

I think that Billy Idol and a whole lot of street punks might want to have a word with you.

That's ancient history. Like my dad was a punk, safety pins in clothes and everything, he doesn't own any of it anymore though because he gave into the Man and became a suit (hell yeah! Go capitalism!).

I mean I live in London so there are some areas if I went to I'd almost certainly see a load of people wearing them but the rest of the country has moved on fashion wise I think.

That is to say until black leather jackets are "in" as a retro look again I guess.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kitchner posted:

That's ancient history. Like my dad was a punk, safety pins in clothes and everything, he doesn't own any of it anymore though because he gave into the Man and became a suit (hell yeah! Go capitalism!).

I mean I live in London so there are some areas if I went to I'd almost certainly see a load of people wearing them but the rest of the country has moved on fashion wise I think.

That is to say until black leather jackets are "in" as a retro look again I guess.

They never really went "out" in America, but for most of their history they gave the impression that the wearer was a rough badass. Anyone in any subculture could wear them if they were fine with looking like that. Your dad may wear a suit to work, but after work he could walk around in a Schott Perfecto and would just look cool.

Modern fashion is just a sort of "catch as catch can" where anything that's not openly anachronistic or gaudy fits in somewhere.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

I love this, Kitchner for whom a cow could not be found big enough to make a jacket, telling us about current fashion.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kitchner posted:

I live in London

My condolences

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm just glad denim jackets and shorts are still out of style.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Denim jackets are extremely in style, though so is anything if you want to wear it tbh.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

Denim jackets are extremely in style, though so is anything if you want to wear it tbh.

Exactly.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Hard no. posted:

I love this, Kitchner for whom a cow could not be found big enough to make a jacket, telling us about current fashion.

I actually was going to just insult you back but rather than doing that I'm just going to apologise that (for some reason?) you've taken offence to the fact that, in my country, people don't really wear black leather jackets, and it's not been in fashion for a long time.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kitchner posted:

I actually was going to just insult you back but rather than doing that I'm just going to apologise that (for some reason?) you've taken offence to the fact that, in my country, people don't really wear black leather jackets, and it's not been in fashion for a long time.

Sounds like a problem with your country.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

At least you didn't go double denim, that's the main thing here.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goober Peas posted:

I'm just glad denim jackets and shorts are still out of style.

Daisy dukes should always be in style for women. :colbert:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kitchner posted:

At least you didn't go double denim, that's the main thing here.

Technically I did since I'm wearing jeans, but I always wear dark on one side and light on the other so they don't look like a Texas Tuxedo.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Don't you need a denim shirt with a bolo tie as well, for it to be a proper Texas tux?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think you guys mean a Canadian tux

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Kitchner posted:

and it's not been in fashion for a long time.

Hm, really?
http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/fashion-beauty/best-leather-jackets-women-high-street-under-500-10511447.html
http://www.upperclassfashion.co.uk/retail/leather-jackets-1.html

Motherfuckin' GQ you weirdo
"With a mind-boggling array of models on the market, here are the tips, fits and fabrics you need to know about when buying a leather jacket..."
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/how-to-buy-a-leather-jacket

Tom Hiddleston, most fashionable man ever:

Hugh Laurie:

Harry Potter:

Ed Skrein:

You don't know what fashion is, you internet twerp. Leather jackets are some of the most popular high fashion items. And I promise you that joe blow on the streets like me (not loving american thank you) have at least one in the front closet or in the shop.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Pretty funny that you basically linked me a load of evidence of people wearing leather jackets who are celebrities but presumably you've never actually been to the UK?

Its not a fashion trend here with actual normal every day people, and I don't think I know many people that own a leather jacket. Every celebrity you linked there either lives or spends a poo poo load of time in the US, or lives in London, which if you knew anything about the UK you'd know isn't typical of the rest of the country.

I'm sorry you're still getting offended by that I guess?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Daniel Radcliffe looks like Ian Curtis in that picture. He's a very cheekbony boy.

My leather jacket isn't even real leather. I really need to get something new, that fits me better.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Kitchner posted:

I'm sorry you're still getting offended by that I guess?

I am not offended, I am beyond amused that you are still posting.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Hard no. posted:

I am not offended, I am beyond amused that you are still posting.

Yeah of course, you obviously don't care. Silly of me.

I mean, I should have been able to tell you don't care by the way you firstly felt the need to insult me when I said that black leather jackets werent a common wardrobe item here in the UK (lol).

Then there was more proof you didn't care when you followed up with a massive effort post where you've linked a news story on leather jackets to buy (nearly all of them being £150+ each lol) and then several photographs of celebrities wearing leather jackets.

Yeah sorry, my bad, you don't care at all.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Well, my sense of fashion is minion socks.

And snoopy socks. And edvard munch socks. You get the idea.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Hold on there a minute! Let me tell you all about how popular minion socks are in Ghana, despite having never been there, based off my great knowledge of world wide every day fashion in every country.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Kitchner posted:

Yeah of course, you obviously don't care. Silly of me.

Yeah sorry, my bad, you don't care at all.

It took me three seconds to google " popular leather fashion in england", and people that aren't British will recognize as British.

It is amazing though, in a thread this long, you didn't have to spend nearly the time I did (three seconds) picking out the perfect 2! photos of amazing evidence of the truly prolific British Twat.

I don't care about you. I don't care about what you post. I care though, that every time you do, this thread dies a little bit. You don't contribute, you creep the thread, and you post ridiculous things that have zero relevance to anything, and not in a friendly, this is interesting or fun kind of way.

I will never care about you, ever. Please don't fool yourself. It is a humour site though, and truly I suppose you fit in, because you are a tremendous joke.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
I don't care about you, let me just write a small essay about my seething hatred for you...

You say I "don't contribute" to a thread, which is essentially a thread where people post photos of themselves and people talk about them.

A photo was posted, and I talked about it, not insulting anyone or mocking anyone, just talking about how common black leather jacket ownership is, on your response is a huge post attacking me personally.

I don't really know what level of contribution you think is a requirement to post in a thread, but all I've ever really done is talk to people about photos they have posted.

The fact you have clearly got so angry over this is pretty sad.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
Fwiw Kitchner's pretty much spot on, you'll see the odd leather jacket in London (fantastic for fashion, like any metropolis) but it's not really a fashion staple anymore and way more common in the US from my experience.

They are rad tho

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hard no. posted:

It took me three seconds to google " popular leather fashion in england", and people that aren't British will recognize as British.

It is amazing though, in a thread this long, you didn't have to spend nearly the time I did (three seconds) picking out the perfect 2! photos of amazing evidence of the truly prolific British Twat.

I don't care about you. I don't care about what you post. I care though, that every time you do, this thread dies a little bit. You don't contribute, you creep the thread, and you post ridiculous things that have zero relevance to anything, and not in a friendly, this is interesting or fun kind of way.

I will never care about you, ever. Please don't fool yourself. It is a humour site though, and truly I suppose you fit in, because you are a tremendous joke.

Calm down a bit, Kitchner was just making a comment and you're getting strangely aggressive about it. Kitchner, thanks for keeping a cool head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hugh Laurie is wearing an Old Man Trying to Look Young Leather Jacket that looks like it was bought at Dressmann because he's, you know, old.

e: He also likes to wear trilbys.