Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i feel that way about western open world games. i never even beat san andreas or rdr even tho i liked them a lot. just thought open world wasnt for me and then bam the japanese and poles come along and now all my favorite games are open world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I too always got tired of open world games until Zelda. Too much feeling like either nothing was anywhere or everything had a big neon sign.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Seiken Densetsu 1-3 collection coming to Switch, digital and physical, June 1st. 4800 yen. No word re localization.

Yes, SE is charging 50 bucks for a Game Boy Rom and two SNES Roms.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Patter Song posted:

Seiken Densetsu 1-3 collection coming to Switch, digital and physical, June 1st. 4800 yen. No word re localization.

Yes, SE is charging 50 bucks for a Game Boy Rom and two SNES Roms.

Secret of Mana is pretty much my all time favourite RPG.

Fingers crossed for an English release.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60tMD5TDQog

https://twitter.com/Seiken_PR/status/844081982363512833

June 1st release.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Dang, 4800 yen for that and I still haven't picked up blaster master zero for 10 bux

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
It does seem pretty overpriced. If it had some kind of wireless multiplayer support for SoM & SoM2, I could more understand it (and I think the lack of such is a wasted opportunity), but as it is $40+ is a bit much. Such is the JP game market, though.

Not that we're likely to see it in English anyway - even if the guys at Square Enix localization want to do SoM2/SD3 (and I'm pretty loving sure there are dudes and dudettes who'd leap at the chance), at this point they'd have to basically romhack the game to get English in. Fans may have done it ages ago unofficially, but shepherding something like that through Nintendo cert with those kinds of tools might be a hurdle they don't want to climb (or can't justify to the bean counters).

There is a level on which it's nice to see SoM2 getting a re-release, though. This is actually the first time it's been reprinted in any form since loving 1995. We have posters who were Literal Babies when that game was last printed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
retro whales salivating the world over

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I would commit multiple horrible acts of violence to play SD3 in English on Switch. Who do I have to disembowel first?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I love the idea of open world games, but always found myself getting bogged in side quests and my interest petered out.

BOTW, on the other hand, has kept my attention as if I were at gunpoint. Totally rapt.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Are they bringing the original pixely Game Boy version to Switch when they just released Adventures of Mana a year ago :confused:

Like, not even as an option?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Wheany posted:

Are they bringing the original pixely Game Boy version to Switch when they just released Adventures of Mana a year ago :confused:

Like, not even as an option?

Looking at the trailer, nope. Game Boy is what they're packing in. Seems like they're sticking with the original Nintendo releases. Adventures of Mana was for Vita and mobile.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

unimportantguy posted:

I would commit multiple horrible acts of violence to play SD3 in English on Switch. Who do I have to disembowel first?

what?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

iajanus posted:

I love the idea of open world games, but always found myself getting bogged in side quests and my interest petered out.

BOTW, on the other hand, has kept my attention as if I were at gunpoint. Totally rapt.

120 hours on this game, and I've still got a laundry list of things to do. I'm just over the moon for this game. I can't wait for the holiday content. If they add a traditional dungeon I will die.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Jonas Albrecht posted:

120 hours on this game, and I've still got a laundry list of things to do. I'm just over the moon for this game. I can't wait for the holiday content. If they add a traditional dungeon I will die.

If it's just a twenty dollar unbreakable skateboard I'm fine with that.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Zelda owns, switch owns

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Policenaut posted:

Hey so uh Radiant Historia may be coming back? Given that the game was originally on DS I would guess that if it's a remake/new thing it'd be for 3DS or Switch? Or maybe it's just another bait and switch mobile thing I dunno.
It's already confirmed to be on 3DS I think, although it doesn't mean that there won't be a Switch port. I doubt we'll see the 3DS version outside of Japan, they might not feel it's worth localising, although that might depend on Switch sales etc and how well the game sells in Japan.

General Morden posted:

persona 5 will be on switch

except it will be called tokyo mirage sessions #fe
I'm totally ok with more Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
A new Tokyo Mirage Sessions would be heaven for me

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Seiken Densetsu on Switch is cool because I can use three Joycons.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Pants Donkey posted:

People are already making DIY docks with 3D printers, so I assume a decent third party dock will come along soonish.

the dock i own now is decent and good? weird

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If the Zelda dlc is an off-road skateboard with skate 3 controls, I'll never stop playing.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So case reviews/reccomendations?
So few in stock.
The Zelda CE freebie would get a solid C
Insides are fine, nothing to get excited about.
Externally I think the colorform shekia slate will fall off, it's a bit half assed

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
ARMS looks fun

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Junkie Disease posted:

So few in stock.
Externally I think the colorform shekia slate will fall off, it's a bit half assed

The Shiekah case has a lot more room in it than the hori case. I was able to comfortably fit controller straps, headphones, and a usb-c cable in there with room for more but with the hori case I can barely fit the controller straps and headphones. Also the shiekah case had more slots for games.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Junkie Disease posted:

So few in stock.

The RDS Industries $20 (smaller) case is a good hard case, but all it's good for holding is the Switch and the two included game card holders (can hold up to 8 game cards.) There's a zippered pouch inside with like no clearance; I was keeping a pair of earbuds in there until I realized they were being smushed against the screen when I zipped it up. So uh I have a microfiber cloth in there now. It does a pretty good job otherwise, though.

There's also a mystery slot built into the bottom shell which I presumed was for the Joy-Con strap attachments but nope, those don't fit at all. No idea what that's there for. Maybe it lines up with the air intake vents on the back of the Switch as to not totally suffocate it in the event that it turns on in the case for whatever reason.

enojy fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 21, 2017

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Cojawfee posted:

If the Zelda dlc is an off-road skateboard with skate 3 controls, I'll never stop playing.

I'm really glad other people enjoy shield shredding™ in BotW.

I'm not going to get back to the main story until *after* I get another full stamina meter by skating around discovering shrines.

Please make the new map feature the Sheikah Skate™, Nintendo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just have a new ancient shield that has repulsors and is defacto a hoverboard.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

the dock i own now is decent and good? weird

I guess if you like plastic.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm not sure plastic should really draw an emotional response either way. It's functional, small, and unobtrusive.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I am bothered that the best way to tackle the shield surfing challenge is to just go downhill normally and you get no bonus points for sick jumps and spins.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Wheany posted:

I guess if you like plastic.

i...do? :ohdear:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

parallelodad posted:

It's functional, small, and unobtrusive.

The whole front... thing that the dock has is completely unnecessary and also the part that scratches the screen.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Wheany posted:

The whole front... thing that the dock has is completely unnecessary and also the part that scratches the screen.

but... my screen isnt... scratched? :ohdear:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Oh.

Well I guess it isn't a problem then.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Other than a few people who have gotten scratches or whatever, I don't know how people complain about the dock. I've heard how it's cheap and light and too plastic-y....what? I mean I set mine up on March 3rd and it hasn't moved a centimeter from where I set it up. I've popped the Switch in and out of it probably a hundred times already. Are people like picking the dock up and.....playing with it or something?

It seems like a perfectly functional piece of hardware. I've never even had trouble docking it, which prior to release I was almost positive that it would take a bit of wiggling back and forth to get it perfectly right, but I was wrong. It just......works.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It only seems to happen if your dock is warped. If it's warped you can get it replaced.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Wheany posted:

It's intended to protect the screen from something falling and into the switch while it's docked. Little kids aren't always careful. Also pets, cat might use it as a scratching post because it's warm I guess.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
But wait a second, the front is what makes it work so easily. The Switch would be nowhere near as easy to dock if the front wasn't there to provide a "slot" for the Switch to slide into.

If you're not careful enough to slide the Switch into the dock without scratching it on the front of the dock, you definitely would have trouble docking it without a front to the dock at all. I understand that some docks have a manufacturing defect, but this numbnuts apparently wants to blame the front of the dock's existence, which is silly.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Hahahaha "if you like plastic"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I neither like nor dislike plastic. It's just kind of there.

• Locked thread