Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is kingdom of heaven a ship or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

euphronius posted:

Can someone in spoiler tags tell me what happens at the end of the game so ic an move on with my life. Tyia.

Short version? The Archon want to use the tech stored in the Vaults to become god. You fight him in a boss battle and win. Afterward, you get to say hi to everyone one last time as is the standard in Bioware games. Then there's a scene at the very end which reveals there's another big bad Kett out there waiting in the wings, because sequel hook.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

euphronius posted:

Can someone in spoiler tags tell me what happens at the end of the game so ic an move on with my life. Tyia.

The Archon attacks the human Ark and abducts Ryder's sibling. He heads to this place called Meridian which is basically the Shield World from Halo - a paradise in a big armored shell. There, Archon attempts to interface with the Remnant tech - via the sibling's brain implants - so he can use Meridian to blow up every world in the Cluster. Ryder and co. launch an attack on the Archon. Somehow, and for whatever reason, the Archon leaves the other sibling alone and unguarded so they can guide Ryder how to stop the Archon. Namely, Ryder needs to press six switches to electrocute the Archon. Ryder does this while the Archon quotes lines from the Didact from Halo 4. The Archon gets electrocuted and falls over, no one seems to notice or care. Ryder says something to the effect of 'we're home'. Roll credits. The credits have a very bad song. After the credits, Ryder gets to choose someone to sit on the Nexus Council. During the credits, there is a scene which reveals the back of the Big Bad (another Kett) who turns around and dramatically walks towards the camera. You do not actually fight the Archon, just respawning waves of his minions while he hovers there, shouting at you. Oh, and Meridian terraforms all the worlds in the cluster to be perfect for humans. Oh, and Ryder summons up a big fleet of Remnant warships to attack the Kett.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
i wonder if bioware would ever do a story where the antagonists aren;t bad but just against u because of circumstances and at the end u can come 2 peace with them. i guess loghain in bioware's dragon age 1: origins but he was a real dickhgead????

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Skippy McPants posted:

Calling that crazy black space spaghetti that hosed up the planet a "dark energy cloud" was real dumb, though. Like, at least open a Wikipedia article and find a term that doesn't sound quite so silly.

Dark Energy has been in the series since at least ME2, and was originally going to be the reason the Reapers were killing everyone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thank you for the spoilers

That is all incredibly dumb

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

i wonder if bioware would ever do a story where the antagonists aren;t bad but just against u because of circumstances and at the end u can come 2 peace with them. i guess loghain in bioware's dragon age 1: origins but he was a real dickhgead????

That's kinda what happens in Inquisition and Trespasser with Fen'Harel.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Goons saved me $60 :toot:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Zzulu posted:

Pathfinders aren't special. Ryderdad had authority but he still had to argue with the ships captain in the intro. They're just the spearhead... An elite crew used specifically for the andromeda project to map, explore and find worlds to live on. Obviously in that context they are very important

So far in the game no one has treated me like a special snowflake. Everyone is basically "I hope you get your poo poo together and DO YOUR JOB GOOD"

They are the best mall cops of all the private industry mall cops!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

The Archon attacks the human Ark and abducts Ryder's sibling. He heads to this place called Meridian which is basically the Shield World from Halo - a paradise in a big armored shell. There, Archon attempts to interface with the Remnant tech - via the sibling's brain implants - so he can use Meridian to blow up every world in the Cluster. Ryder and co. launch an attack on the Archon. Somehow, and for whatever reason, the Archon leaves the other sibling alone and unguarded so they can guide Ryder how to stop the Archon. Namely, Ryder needs to press six switches to electrocute the Archon. Ryder does this while the Archon quotes lines from the Didact from Halo 4. The Archon gets electrocuted and falls over, no one seems to notice or care. Ryder says something to the effect of 'we're home'. Roll credits. The credits have a very bad song. After the credits, Ryder gets to choose someone to sit on the Nexus Council. During the credits, there is a scene which reveals the back of the Big Bad (another Kett) who turns around and dramatically walks towards the camera. You do not actually fight the Archon, just respawning waves of his minions while he hovers there, shouting at you. Oh, and Meridian terraforms all the worlds in the cluster to be perfect for humans. Oh, and Ryder summons up a big fleet of Remnant warships to attack the Kett.

haha I didnt believe this was real so I watched a video

lol its real

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Doctor Spaceman posted:

That's kinda what happens in Inquisition and Trespasser with Fen'Harel.

gently caress fen'harel, im killing it in DA4

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
whoa guys did you know that the animations aren't bad because of hilarious incompetence, but because it's a :catdrugs::siren:!!!SJW conspiracy!!!:siren: :catdrugs:

I love reddit. Every time I feel like I'm a total trash person, they remind me how much worse I could be.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

whoa guys did you know that the animations aren't bad because of hilarious incompetence, but because it's a :catdrugs::siren:!!!SJW conspiracy!!!:siren: :catdrugs:

I love reddit. Every time I feel like I'm a total trash person, they remind me how much worse I could be.

ME:A has a lot of problems, but this isn't one of them. These people are the worst.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Moola posted:

haha I didnt believe this was real so I watched a video

lol its real

Despite the avatar, I am nothing but truthful about this game.

Also, here is the song that plays over the credits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3iP9k6pdeU

It's... Well, it's no Faunts, I'll say that much.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
my favorite :argh: SJWS!!!!!!!!!! :argh: complaint ive seen so far is "SJW agenda, why would you send a TRANS on a COLONY MISSION because they CAN'T BREED!!!!!!!!!"

in a game setting with asari

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

ME:A has a lot of problems, but this isn't one of them. These people are the worst.
The best part is where he very briefly and mildly defends Anita Sarkeesian ("I totally disagree with her but I don't think people should threaten to kill her" woke af #feminism) and the comments section go fuckin berserk on him.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
What did I miss out on not retrieving the bonus objective at the end of the first vault? I didn't notice the quest info at the top of the screen during the chaos.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Andromeda's Metacritic userscore. :eyepop:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
is game good yet :smith:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

The best part is where he very briefly and mildly defends Anita Sarkeesian ("I totally disagree with her but I don't think people should threaten to kill her" woke af #feminism) and the comments section go fuckin berserk on him.

Reminds me of this:

quote:

At the conclusion of the conference, a tribute to Comrade Stalin was called for. Of course, everyone stood up (just as everyone had leaped to his feet during the conference at every mention of his name). ... For three minutes, four minutes, five minutes, the stormy applause, rising to an ovation, continued. But palms were getting sore and raised arms were already aching. And the older people were panting from exhaustion. It was becoming insufferably silly even to those who really adored Stalin.

However, who would dare to be the first to stop? … After all, NKVD men were standing in the hall applauding and watching to see who would quit first! And in the obscure, small hall, unknown to the leader, the applause went on – six, seven, eight minutes! They were done for! Their goose was cooked! They couldn’t stop now till they collapsed with heart attacks! At the rear of the hall, which was crowded, they could of course cheat a bit, clap less frequently, less vigorously, not so eagerly – but up there with the presidium where everyone could see them?

The director of the local paper factory, an independent and strong-minded man, stood with the presidium. Aware of all the falsity and all the impossibility of the situation, he still kept on applauding! Nine minutes! Ten! In anguish he watched the secretary of the District Party Committee, but the latter dared not stop. Insanity! To the last man! With make-believe enthusiasm on their faces, looking at each other with faint hope, the district leaders were just going to go on and on applauding till they fell where they stood, till they were carried out of the hall on stretchers! And even then those who were left would not falter…

Then, after eleven minutes, the director of the paper factory assumed a businesslike expression and sat down in his seat. And, oh, a miracle took place! Where had the universal, uninhibited, indescribable enthusiasm gone? To a man, everyone else stopped dead and sat down. They had been saved!

The squirrel had been smart enough to jump off his revolving wheel. That, however, was how they discovered who the independent people were. And that was how they went about eliminating them. That same night the factory director was arrested. They easily pasted ten years on him on the pretext of something quite different. But after he had signed Form 206, the final document of the interrogation, his interrogator reminded him:

“Don’t ever be the first to stop applauding.”

The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Does anyone want to be Origin Frands

ID: Gvaz

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Hedrigall posted:

is game good yet :smith:

Yea

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
You can kinda tell they have a different writer and im 2 hours in.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bioware hasn't made a decent game since Mass Effect 2, and that was nearly 10 years ago. At this stage, I'm just going to write them off as a hack development studio that pushes out social justice nonsense for tumbrites rather than great RPGs for gamers.

At least CD Projekt Red exists, and they've surpassed EA's hack dev team years ago.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bioware hasn't made a decent game since Mass Effect 2, and that was nearly 10 years ago. At this stage, I'm just going to write them off as a hack development studio that pushes out social justice nonsense for tumbrites rather than great RPGs for gamers.

At least CD Projekt Red exists, and they've surpassed EA's hack dev team years ago.

:siren: THE REDDITORS ARE IN THE BUILDING :siren:

real talk, are you loving serious? hahahahaha

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hedrigall posted:

:siren: THE REDDITORS ARE IN THE BUILDING :siren:

real talk, are you loving serious? hahahahaha

check metacritic user score dum dum

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
guys we gotta watch out for the social justice tumbrites, they're ruining gaming for straight white dudes!!!!!!!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

orange juche posted:

Because the ME3 on 360 didn't use peer to peer connections, Microsoft hosts all XBL multiplayer game servers, regardless of the solution used on other platforms.

This isn't true. XBL might how the backend, but in-game netcode is entirely upto the dev on how to handle.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

DoctorGonzo posted:

check metacritic user score dum dum

The true measure of quality.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Milky Moor posted:

Andromeda's Metacritic userscore. :eyepop:

A whole heck of a lot of people who have already played and finished this game that has yet to launch in most of the world

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Zzulu posted:

A whole heck of a lot of people who have already played and finished this game that has yet to launch in most of the world

I'm sure they're all Korean or Australian.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I read one of the metacric reviews

quote:

...more devs trying to push their minority political pathetic agenda, instead of trying to make good games

and then i stopped

The first like 20 reviews all give a 0 score lol, cmon man

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

DoctorGonzo posted:

lmao, u do know that witcher 3 pushes out such social justice nonsens as racism and xenophobia is bad as is demonising those different 2 u. u mighnt have noticed because of all the sorceress sex tho

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe i should have sourced my quotes.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

DoctorGonzo posted:

Maybe you should gtfo

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

I'm sure they're all Korean or Australian.
Australia hasn't gone online yet -- I'm in NZ and we unlock at the same time, which is like a full day after the US.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

poe's law strikes again

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

quote:

SJWs manage to ruin another excellent saga, good job.

quote:

muh transexuals
muh pandering
muh F.AGS
muh progressive ideals
muh dy.kes
muh mentally ill shemales
muh **** writing
muh fetch quests

BIOWARE BTFO

these are the voices of reason on metacritic :allears:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

I found a good quote from someone who posts in this thread who (sorry, whom) is so upset that people don't like ME:A that he or she complained about the thread on Reddit.

They used the same username. :chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

lmao, u do know that witcher 3 pushes out such social justice nonsens as racism and xenophobia is bad as is demonising those different 2 u. u mighnt have noticed because of all the sorceress sex tho

Also never would portray a crossdressing elf or gay romance positively