Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Milky Moor posted:

I found a good quote from someone who posts in this thread who (sorry, whom) is so upset that people don't like ME:A that he or she complained about the thread on Reddit.

They used the same username. :chloe:

poo poo dont doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milky Moor posted:

I found a good quote from someone who posts in this thread who (sorry, whom) is so upset that people don't like ME:A that he or she complained about the thread on Reddit.

They used the same username. :chloe:

please dont doxx

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

is game good yet :smith:

yes restart Uplay

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

no it is me, i am the one who is being doxxed

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Whether other people like or dislike this game doesn't affect my enjoyment of it so I'm okay with people melting down over it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
and people really are having meltdowns in all directions, its incredible

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bioware hasn't made a decent game since Mass Effect 2, and that was nearly 10 years ago. At this stage, I'm just going to write them off as a hack development studio that pushes out social justice nonsense for tumbrites rather than great RPGs for gamers.

At least CD Projekt Red exists, and they've surpassed EA's hack dev team years ago.

Yeah I saw that one too lol

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
less doxx more cocks

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i reckon if you delete all 10's and 0's from an existing games user metacritic, you might actually get an average rating that resembles reality.

i'm going to put precisely 0 effort into testing this theory, however.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How stupid can you be that you put your legitimate concerns about a game behind a SJW are bad platform.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
i'm kinda bummed out cos i thought this game would be like inquisition, but maybe a little more vibrant, and with less bland MMO filler. i can't do a more boring inquisition with zero likable characters.

yakuza and horizon are pushing me to the tipping point on a ps4 though, seems like a good time for games otherwise.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i reckon if you delete all 10's and 0's from an existing games user metacritic, you might actually get an average rating that resembles reality.

i'm going to put precisely 0 effort into testing this theory, however.

I was counting on you too...

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hedrigall posted:

poo poo dont doxx me

Hedrigall posted:

Maybe you should gtfo

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'm "Game Not Included"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

doctor iono posted:

i'm kinda bummed out cos i thought this game would be like inquisition, but maybe a little more vibrant, and with less bland MMO filler. i can't do a more boring inquisition with zero likable characters.

yakuza and horizon are pushing me to the tipping point on a ps4 though, seems like a good time for games otherwise.

This is more fun than Inquisition

I kind of liked DA:I but I didn't like any of the characters. At least in ME:A I like some of them

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

How stupid can you be that you put your legitimate concerns about a game behind a SJW are bad platform.
at any given moment, if I can't j/o, I'm being oppressed

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Gamers

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I'm "Game Not Included"

I'm "Product Configuration Subject to Change"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
im NO1

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do XP boosters work?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im the mobile app

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Y'all need to get the SJW - skeleton plugin for chrome. It makes this dumb poo poo so much easier to read.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
The lack of quicksave during missions is mind boggling. I imagine some high ranking idiot with a bunch of seniority was insistent upon it's exclusion and none of the brow beaten contracted keyboard monkeys had the will to say 'hey redoing scans over and over again is dumb maybe we should change this.'

Probably Mac Walters.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Hey, multiplayer is pretty fun. No idea why they took out the subtle melee lock on though.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
i'm a social justice worrier

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

does anyone have any info about the loyalty quests in the game? those were always some of the best character-building moments and were always generally fun diversions from mainline quests that altered your party in huge ways, i.e. getting Garrus his vengeance, saving Thane's son, helping Jack discover her past.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Game is good and I am having fun.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

lmao, u do know that witcher 3 pushes out such social justice nonsens as racism and xenophobia is bad as is demonising those different 2 u. u mighnt have noticed because of all the sorceress sex tho

Yeah but you get to do that as a glorious white man, taking time out of his busy schedule to let the lesser peoples know they are protected.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

MinibarMatchman posted:

does anyone have any info about the loyalty quests in the game? those were always some of the best character-building moments and were always generally fun diversions from mainline quests that altered your party in huge ways, i.e. getting Garrus his vengeance, saving Thane's son, helping Jack discover her past.

The only thing anyone talks about are the animations and trans SJW cuck gamergate issues (cuz they havent played the game)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Stokes posted:

The lack of quicksave during missions is mind boggling. I imagine some high ranking idiot with a bunch of seniority was insistent upon it's exclusion and none of the brow beaten contracted keyboard monkeys had the will to say 'hey redoing scans over and over again is dumb maybe we should change this.'

Probably Mac Walters.
They've talked about fixing this I think.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Stokes posted:

Probably Mac Walters.

At least they said it is a priority fix. However, it boggles my mind how such a thing could slip through QA at all. It's not even a bug where "no time to fix this before ship" applies - it seems something that's rather easily changed.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I noticed some people have got some of the achievements like recruiting the full squad already, I amcurrently stuck with the end of trial area thing when I try to go inside that place in the lake on Eos although I no longer get the trial time warning when I start up the game, should I start fresh/reinstall or what?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

i wonder if bioware would ever do a story where the antagonists aren;t bad but just against u because of circumstances and at the end u can come 2 peace with them. i guess loghain in bioware's dragon age 1: origins but he was a real dickhgead????
Funny that you mention this because that's what happens in The Witcher 2.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah it's super annoying because I'm playing on Hardcore which means I die real fast. So whenever I'm in the open world and I'm thinking of taking on a big Kett force I know that if i die a ton of scanning progress might get lost

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Zzulu posted:

The only thing anyone talks about are the animations and trans SJW cuck gamergate issues (cuz they havent played the game)

Oh please, it's those things AND cat loving :catbert:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope they fix the black screen issue. I know in bordered windowed mode I am losing frames. How the gently caress does it bug out like this. Read people were uninstalling some Corsair utility but I don't have that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Boosters in mp are one time use items right? Even if you don't use them after equipping?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Re: SJW stuff: I mean I guess you can say that all the trans and gay peeps are too numerous for a random sample of people but if you care so much about things matching reality then you probably shouldn't be playing a game where you share a ship with Catmen and lizard scientists.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Milky Moor posted:

The Archon attacks the human Ark and abducts Ryder's sibling. He heads to this place called Meridian which is basically the Shield World from Halo - a paradise in a big armored shell. There, Archon attempts to interface with the Remnant tech - via the sibling's brain implants - so he can use Meridian to blow up every world in the Cluster. Ryder and co. launch an attack on the Archon. Somehow, and for whatever reason, the Archon leaves the other sibling alone and unguarded so they can guide Ryder how to stop the Archon. Namely, Ryder needs to press six switches to electrocute the Archon. Ryder does this while the Archon quotes lines from the Didact from Halo 4. The Archon gets electrocuted and falls over, no one seems to notice or care. Ryder says something to the effect of 'we're home'. Roll credits. The credits have a very bad song. After the credits, Ryder gets to choose someone to sit on the Nexus Council. During the credits, there is a scene which reveals the back of the Big Bad (another Kett) who turns around and dramatically walks towards the camera. You do not actually fight the Archon, just respawning waves of his minions while he hovers there, shouting at you. Oh, and Meridian terraforms all the worlds in the cluster to be perfect for humans. Oh, and Ryder summons up a big fleet of Remnant warships to attack the Kett.

That's about right for the writer of Halo 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

orange juche posted:

Because of the little fact that:

Indices Difference
Consumer Prices in San Diego, CA are 85.72% higher than in Warsaw
Consumer Prices Including Rent in San Diego, CA are 125.92% higher than in Warsaw
Rent Prices in San Diego, CA are 220.79% higher than in Warsaw
Restaurant Prices in San Diego, CA are 115.13% higher than in Warsaw
Groceries Prices in San Diego, CA are 133.52% higher than in Warsaw
Local Purchasing Power in San Diego, CA is 76.89% higher than in Warsaw

36 million dollars goes a hell of a lot further in Poland than in California.

Quoting the Witcher 3 budget of 36million in a vacuum is a bit asinine.

maybe stop making lovely games in lovely expensive places then?