Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nina posted:

Fun fact: I saw that pod skin in some pixiv fanart way back and assumed it'd be story relevant because a scary blob with eyes would've definitely been DRAKENGARD. I was so confused when it never showed up.

Probably his logo, from the look of it.

(For those that don't know, that yellow orb in the middle)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sad they don't show up in cutscenes, especially the alien mask.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So why was emil driving around like a crack fiend playing his song at twice the speed? His inventory wasn't any different. Also his side quest made me sad

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nuebot posted:

So why was emil driving around like a crack fiend playing his song at twice the speed? His inventory wasn't any different. Also his side quest made me sad

It does change his inventory, you might not have noticed but if he goes full speed, the chips will be +6 or he'll sell some weapons and materials.

That or it's location based. Either way, if he's going full Sonic the Hedgehog, he should have different stuff.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It does change his inventory, you might not have noticed but if he goes full speed, the chips will be +6 or he'll sell some weapons and materials.

That or it's location based. Either way, if he's going full Sonic the Hedgehog, he should have different stuff.

If he's by the resistance base he sells weapons. I finally have some fist weapons with which to punch.

Also he sells this dress thing, and when you use it 2B strips to her underwear :negative: .

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Nuebot posted:

If he's by the resistance base he sells weapons. I finally have some fist weapons with which to punch.

Also he sells this dress thing, and when you use it 2B strips to her underwear :negative: .

Huh. I bought the never nude dress.

I'm playing this game wrong.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Xeremides posted:

Huh. I bought the never nude dress.

I'm playing this game wrong.

If you equip it, it's never nude, if you use it she strips.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Nuebot posted:

I've stopped him by the resistance camp like 8 times now and he only ever sells the level 6 chips.

I'm giving up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Like Nina says, it's still pretty random even if you stop him at the right place.

I've never used the dress module outside of using it to lock A2's outfit in place when using B-Mode.

More power to anyone who wants to see game rear end all the time when they play but if I want to look at something NSFW, Google invented itself for this purpose.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
All the route talk was confusing me but then I ate a fish and Ending: K showed up on my save, and then I unplugged my OS chip for giggles and got another one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Nina posted:

I've stopped him by the resistance camp like 8 times now and he only ever sells the level 6 chips.

I'm giving up

Did you finish his sidequest?

I've never used the dress module outside of using it to lock A2's outfit in place when using B-Mode.

More power to anyone who wants to see game rear end all the time when they play but if I want to look at something NSFW, Google invented itself for this purpose.

It just says it changes your outfit, so I kind of assumed it would be an alternate outfit. Not just dropping the skirt :shrug:.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Does 2B get one of those YorHa armor costumes ever? Those look badass, and remind me of Mistral from MGR.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nuebot posted:

It just says it changes your outfit, so I kind of assumed it would be an alternate outfit. Not just dropping the skirt :shrug:.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean putting you on blast specifically

More like the people who self destruct to see her rear end first thing in the game, or if they're sharing a screen shot, it just so happens to have her rear end in it.

And I'm like 99% sure you don't need to finish that sidequest to get access to his weapons. I'm quite certain I got them in Route A but I finished that quest in Route B on my first play.

Joe Gillian posted:

Does 2B get one of those YorHa armor costumes ever? Those look badass, and remind me of Mistral from MGR.

Yes, though you can only use it at will after you finish the third playthrough.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Nuebot posted:

I have

Like Nina says, it's still pretty random even if you stop him at the right place.

A2 actually has the best clothing damage because it's basically the Kenshiro shirt rip

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nina posted:

A2 actually has the best clothing damage because it's basically the Kenshiro shirt rip

It basically changes little and it looks pretty good, sure. I prefer to keep them in their default outfits as a whole though, honestly. Specially when pre-rendered cutscenes are a thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Was it just me or is berserk mode (route C spoilers) kind of useless? I tried it when the tutorial popped up but it just made me die even faster.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Sakurazuka posted:

Was it just me or is berserk mode (route C spoilers) kind of useless? I tried it when the tutorial popped up but it just made me die even faster.

Equip Offensive Heal and Deadly Heal chips to basically be invincible. Especially if you equip weapons with attack speed up too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's extremely useless in the boss fight where it is introduced to you but it's really good outside of it.

Though this is largely because that boss fight is extremely dog turd bad and I'm surprised PlatinumGames of all companies managed to put such an anti-fun boss in the game.

2nd Bonus Boss:
The reskin Emil version of it isn't quite as bad as Hegel is but it's still not awesome.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it was an amazingly bad boss

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I didn't mind that fight so much. It didn't feel special, but I didn't think it was necessarily bad. Just a lot of beam dodging.

Furnace Boss in Route A was pretty "meh" for me but it also felt especially quick.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
A route best boss was the amusement park songstress

End of route A I also liked the Adam fight. "it's all because of YOUUUUUU! "
the voice acting is so good.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've just finished ending C and I have a question about ending E before I get started in earnest:

I gather that you get the old "delete your save" option for ending E. Can you choose "no", go through the game to tidy up/finish side quests &c. before going back to that choice and wiping your save? I want to get the most out of it all!

loving hell this game is amazing. I'm 50 hours in and am desperate to leave the office and get back to playing it/

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I fought a naked man.
It was a really fun fight.
This game dove right into crazy town a whole lot faster than the last one huh.

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUETHIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE

Augus fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 21, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Flint_Paper posted:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've just finished ending C and I have a question about ending E before I get started in earnest:

I gather that you get the old "delete your save" option for ending E. Can you choose "no", go through the game to tidy up/finish side quests &c. before going back to that choice and wiping your save? I want to get the most out of it all!

loving hell this game is amazing. I'm 50 hours in and am desperate to leave the office and get back to playing it/

You get the ending even if you choose no. It's not actually required at all.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Re: Ending E and D chat

As far as 9S goes, I think that his inner monologue at the end of D shows an important aspect of his personality. He's grieving but he's not raging out like he was more and more since 2B's death. It was enough that he could look at Adam (who basically mentally skullfucked him after impaling him on rectangles) and possibly say "yeah, I'll come with you guys to space." Up until that point he was constantly being bombarded with stuff that just kept pushing him further over the edge, which would not necessarily be the case post-E. Even when he saw 2B at first in his memories after hacking the Soul Box terminal, he was much more longing than furious, and the only thing that set him off was the data corruption consuming his memories and the image of 2B. I feel like he's broken as gently caress, but if 2B doesn't need to kill him, there's the chance that they can manage to live peacefully. And at the end of C, the last shot is of 2B's sword and 9S's satchel, suggesting that he's left that violence behind now that the tower is collapsed.

I also think that what the pods say in that ending is really important. Yes, it's very likely that things will play out the same way all over again, but there's also that whole idea of a second chance; knowing what they do at the end of the game, maybe they can make something better out of their lives. It's not guaranteed by any means, but the possibility is undeniable.

I think it makes more sense to consider the endings as hopeful/hopeless rather than happy/bad. E and D are definitely hopeful, though D may be more on the straightforward happy side, as the clear possibility of bad poo poo still hangs around in E. Maybe I'm also optimistic, but I'm putting some importance on what the Greek chorus of the pods has to say about this whole thing.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What causes Emil to change his location? I think I've only ever seen him near the desert.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What causes Emil to change his location? I think I've only ever seen him near the desert.

Talk to him. And then save, reload or do some quests and he will be on another location.
You can open the map and see where he is. I think it's random where he will be next.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

There's one thing I'm legitimately surprised about and it's that we never get a detailed backstory for 2B. For 9S it makes sense since he's very much green, fresh from the assembly line but A2 gets at least a summary of the stage play operation and even Devola and Popola get a wholly unique backstory for the specific units that appear in the game so it feels weird they leave one of the core cast of characters as just a concept just quickly explained at the very end.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Nina posted:

There's one thing I'm legitimately surprised about and it's that we never get a detailed backstory for 2B. For 9S it makes sense since he's very much green, fresh from the assembly line but A2 gets at least a summary of the stage play operation and even Devola and Popola get a wholly unique backstory for the specific units that appear in the game so it feels weird they leave one of the core cast of characters as just a concept just quickly explained at the very end.

Maybe DLC that would have happened if Yoko got the budget from square. It does seem like he is open to it.
Maybe the robots that were in front of gates and explode could have led to some more backstory

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Nina posted:

You get the ending even if you choose no. It's not actually required at all.

So you don't get anything at all for it? That's such a wonderful "gently caress you"

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Flint_Paper posted:

So you don't get anything at all for it? That's such a wonderful "gently caress you"

Explaining it would be spoiling the mechanics but as for actual rewards or new content no, there are none except for a new main menu screen

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Flint_Paper posted:

It still makes sense. Play, get there, and you will see. That's all that can be said before entering spoilertown.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Mindblast posted:

It still makes sense. Play, get there, and you will see. That's all that can be said before entering spoilertown.

Smart. Thanks folks! So if I choose not to wipe my save, I'll still have the option of going back, doing that ending again and then choosing to delete it?

Asking because there's every chance I'll lose my mind and convince myself that I need to milk this game for every drat creamy drop of weirdness

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Flint_Paper posted:

Smart. Thanks folks! So if I choose not to wipe my save, I'll still have the option of going back, doing that ending again and then choosing to delete it?

Asking because there's every chance I'll lose my mind and convince myself that I need to milk this game for every drat creamy drop of weirdness

Yeah it's very easy and quick to redo when you feel like it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's extremely useless in the boss fight where it is introduced to you but it's really good outside of it.

I'm of the mind that this is intentional, because a large part of A2's arc is about her finally starting to care about people again and understanding the importance of connections to being human. The Pod is completely correct about Hegel: the best way to fight him is to gradually wear him down with ranged attacks and only attack the sections if an opportunity appears, something that requires her to not be a one-woman army and instead accept the Pod's help.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Do any members of the Resistance ever actually bring up the humans? Route C sidequests with Devola and Popola suggests that they are still, even now being punished for their model allowing humans to go extinct. Someone mentioned how the protagonists are essentially alone and with the knowledge of human extinction but the Resistance androids still exist, possibly have been living with human extinction, and Devola and Popola are still not confirmed dead. So they are hardly alone in most senses.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Do any members of the Resistance ever actually bring up the humans? Route C sidequests with Devola and Popola suggests that they are still, even now being punished for their model allowing humans to go extinct. Someone mentioned how the protagonists are essentially alone and with the knowledge of human extinction but the Resistance androids still exist, possibly have been living with human extinction, and Devola and Popola are still not confirmed dead. So they are hardly alone in most senses.

Nobody knows about the human extinction by the time of the game except for the unseen android authority, Commander and 9S. Devola and Popola don't know either since their entire line has been memorywiped. All anyone knows is that somehow they messed up and you're supposed to ostracize them but nobody knows the specifics

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Nina posted:

Nobody knows about the human extinction by the time of the game except for the unseen android authority, Commander and 9S. Devola and Popola don't know either since their entire line has been memorywiped. All anyone knows is that somehow they messed up and you're supposed to ostracize them but nobody knows the specifics

Ah okay, I guess I just glossed over the last part and didn't get how that affected nonYorHa androids.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Ending E chat: :colbert: The three of them being alive and free from YoRHa is way better than any combination of them being dead. They aren't part of an oppressive regime any more, and the networked robots flew off to another planet, so they aren't stuck in an eternal war anymore. 9S is no longer alone, 2B no longer has to execute anyone, and A2 got a chance to realize that she's actually a pretty kindhearted person who cares about other people. 9S definitely needs to be rehabilitated, but if anything, he and 2B can share their suffering together. He's had to kill copies of her so much, but now he knows almost exactly what it must have been like for her too. There's already been a bit of healing for him, even in some of the darkest parts of the game, in ending C--when he realizes that he doesn't hold any malice against the machines any more, and that he honestly never had a reason to in the first place. The three of them are good kids and will make it through ok. Also they have friendly Pods who will look after them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Cephas posted:

Ending E chat

This is a much more succinct version of what I was trying to say earlier. Thanks for that!