Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

That's just what the game needs. More people with a reason to play Lee Sin, perpetual Jungle God because pros like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kick him in da rear end.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ultimate skins are meant to represent a "final point" for their champions - udyr with full mastery over the spirits, sona and ezrael cast into the distant future, masters of their domains. For the Lee Sin ultimate, we imagined a journey of great growth and learning, where Lee Sin progresses from a bitter hermit who desires only gromps to a master martial arts - enlightenment of both the body... but the spirit as well. Gentlemen, presented for the first time: Fifty Minute Meteos Lee Sin.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Separate the blind Lee Sins from the great Lee Sins

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Servaetes posted:

See Lin, his evil brother arrives to summoner's rift

New champion that mutes your game audio until you land an ability.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it's just fire lee sin, ya guys

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The legendary Pee Sin skin.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
also Aurelion Sol is fun?? whoa

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

i find him impossibly hard to play until you get the ice spitter item and Rylai's and then he becomes fun

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3BFQMW2Lfw

Galio champion spotlight for whoever that cares

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tired Moritz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3BFQMW2Lfw

Galio champion spotlight for whoever that cares

he looks pretty streamlined and I kinda like his kit but something about it just screams "generic", like he's been given a hodgepodge of recycled abilities that were meant for other champs but didn't quite make the cut.

One thing I really appreciate tho is that dash knockup, that it can't go over walls/includes a backstep that makes it harder to use as an escape both feel like really good design choices that i wish were included in more engage related abilities.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Why don't I feel better.

:(

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Chumppell and I reached Support Level 2 and unlocked our Team Attack.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Tired Moritz posted:

He's so much fun and people underestimate how much you do but man when someone gets inside of your radius where your Q can't tag them it feels really loving bad

The snark is really good too. They really had some good personality for the last few champs

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 21, 2017

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

From a lore perspective it is very amusing that Sion, who whilst monstrously strong and 8 feet tall, is a rival of Galio and seems to consider him a good fight. Galio is huge.

So imagine Sion just running and hacking at Galio's feet to break him down to size.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They probably shrink him down when they put him onto the rift like they do for Malphite and Maokai because both of them are like 50 feet tall or something.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Methanar posted:

Why don't I feel better.

Is this about league of legends or is it another livejournal post

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Is this about league of legends or is it another livejournal post

Given his most recent posting I'd wager the latter.

Seriously dude, go whine in E/N or, y'know, seek actual professional help because clearly you need it. You in game/client meltdowns were even worse than here. Source: I tested your (authentic) credentials.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Methanar posted:

Why don't I feel better.

:therapy:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Um actually p sure the answer is that he feels that way because yasuo still exists in the game

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Methanar posted:

Why don't I feel better.

Did you buy a house to try and get over sadbrains?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Methanar posted:

Why don't I feel better.

just buying stuff is never going to make you feel better and more fulfilled as a person dude. get some help man

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Methanar posted:

Why don't I feel better.

go to E/N instead of incessantly complaining here, you won't get anything out of league goons

also :therapy:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
if you want to die irl please only post itt if it's due to league of legends related reasons

i'll start

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If Ninja Tabai aren't a problem maybe they should give a reason for a lot of AD Carries to build something that aren't Ninja Tabai

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Why in the world would you nerf an item for being bought a lot.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Same reason you'd nerf a champion for winning a lot.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Firebert posted:

They probably shrink him down when they put him onto the rift like they do for Malphite and Maokai because both of them are like 50 feet tall or something.

No see the rift doesn't exist anymore according to official Riot lore, nor does the League of Legends. The game is completely separate from the lore, so in the lore Sion is an ancient undead 8 foot tall man with an axe whose primary rival is a 50 foot tall marble statue that he has fought against more than once. In the game they're both 8 feet tall champions with special abilities who tank for their weak and tiny allies.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

If Ninja Tabai aren't a problem maybe they should give a reason for a lot of AD Carries to build something that aren't Ninja Tabai

While I agree that boot options suck for AD characters that don't need CDR or AS, they've made AD assassins and junglers so powerful lately that I'm seeing 4+ of them banned every game and everyone being skewed towards having to regularly deal with them, so buying Tabi a lot makes perfect sense.

The correct response by Riot would be to tone down the actual problem, not the counter to the problem.

Lord_Magmar posted:

No see the rift doesn't exist anymore according to official Riot lore, nor does the League of Legends. The game is completely separate from the lore, so in the lore Sion is an ancient undead 8 foot tall man with an axe whose primary rival is a 50 foot tall marble statue that he has fought against more than once. In the game they're both 8 feet tall champions with special abilities who tank for their weak and tiny allies.

This is the dumbest poo poo and heavily echoes the Magic the Gathering writing team also being dumb as a pail of bricks with their recent "story" changes that have totally loving ruined the setting. What the heck is up with nerd-stuff writers these days?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Overwatch did it so everyone else is falling over themselves to copy because Overwatch sold real fast and caught the attention of the internet. This is the cynical view, the non-cynical view is all the writers have changed in roughly the same way from their old writing styles to their new ones.

Also yeah the removal of the League and Summoners is incredibly stupid, and the logic is that the League made it harder to write interesting stories because everything was tied into the fact that this superhuman UN made to keep world ending wars from happening exists.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Actually I'm pretty sure the non-cynical answer is the old writing sucked on fire and they wanted an excuse to ditch it. poo poo excuse, mind you.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Orv posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure the non-cynical answer is the old writing sucked on fire and they wanted an excuse to ditch it. poo poo excuse, mind you.

the old writing was bad but at least it had some charm to it. their new thing of trying to make everything gritty and dark sucks

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't disagree.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i think it's more that for every champion that's that gritty type there's an incredibly awkward off-putting one that makes really bad jokes.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

a medical mystery posted:

i think it's more that for every champion that's that gritty type there's an incredibly awkward off-putting one that makes really bad jokes.

Vladmir is a national treasure

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I dunno, the change from dropping magical UN to them being out in the wild isnt too bad. It was really goddamned dumb that Hecarim's old story was he marched from Halloween Town, scaring the poo poo out of everything to get to Summoner Land and go "I want in this poo poo for reasons unknown!"

As for new poo poo is bad I guess it kinda depends on the subject. All the guys from Shadow Isles were rewritten by a dude that used to write Warhammer books so it's kind of appropriate to be grim and dark as hell. But then you get Burch writing fruity crap like making Jayce and Viktor childhood friends or Malzahar having a tragic back story about his dagger instead of just rolling up in his Void Wagon

Basically the lore has always been pretty campy/not good but I don't think anyone here plays the game for its riveting storytelling

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Orv posted:

The old writing had Udyr being a homeless man Lee Sin trained in kung fu as a joke and Gragas being a guy who opened his own distillery because he had already caused massive fights and dodged on his tab in every bar on the planet. Though I can't remember if it's Gragas new or old lore where he gets his land (and Freljord water) for his distillery because he impressed Ashe by drunkenly charging into a peace conference they were having and headbutting Tryndamere unconscious for literally no reason but that he was drunk and angry.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

The old story were Maokai was just a regular tree that came to life because people were doing magic poo poo in Twisted Treeline and and murdered everyone involved in the ongoing match was great

Old Trundle was way better too

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I like the new MF lore, where she entered a room with a corset which neither could contain, unleashing a titplosion that left nothing but a newly redesigned MF in its wake.

E: also i guess she beats gangplank or something, but nobody could take that seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I will atone

• Locked thread