Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Got in a couple of games with the Hammerfall Siege crawler, and have so far been thoroughly impressed! It's not so much the stat line that makes it good, as what it enables, both in list building and in maneuvering on the table. Because it can perform well on its own you don't need it near your caster, so you can have like, that, some hammer dwarves and thorvalancher on one side, and your caster and gunbunnies on the other. Also, because its actually fast (for Dwarves) you can move it up to where it needs to be, bulldozing if necessary, and then run stuff in behind it (in cover!) letting you actually get up the board without just being entirely shot off it. I mean sure the crawler gets shot to ribbons but its arm 20 with a bunch of hitboxes. Also it's like, the final critical mass of blast things I want to take to make Durgen interesting! Very happy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I always thought the model and rules for that thing were sick. If I ever play mercs I'd for sure find a way to use one.

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011

fadam posted:

I can't stop putting Helios in lists. The only caster I haven't tried him with is Issy because I'm not sure how good his ancillary will be, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's really good in there too. He always over performs for me.

Has anyone tried magnetizing the dual colossal kit?

I've got my Hyperios magnetized. The only hard part was the little antennas behind hyperion's head, everything else was pretty easy.

gently caress those little antennas though. Tiny fiddly motherfuckers

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So who am I seeing at AdeptiCon?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Not me :(

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

rydiafan posted:

So who am I seeing at AdeptiCon?

I'll be there. We can high five and chat about terrible lists.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

fadam posted:

I can't stop putting Helios in lists. The only caster I haven't tried him with is Issy because I'm not sure how good his ancillary will be, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's really good in there too. He always over performs for me.

Has anyone tried magnetizing the dual colossal kit?

I'm broke as gently caress, and so haven't picked them up yet, but I did get a neat little guide off of the Ret FB group for when I do.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

!Klams posted:

Got in a couple of games with the Hammerfall Siege crawler, and have so far been thoroughly impressed! It's not so much the stat line that makes it good, as what it enables, both in list building and in maneuvering on the table. Because it can perform well on its own you don't need it near your caster, so you can have like, that, some hammer dwarves and thorvalancher on one side, and your caster and gunbunnies on the other. Also, because its actually fast (for Dwarves) you can move it up to where it needs to be, bulldozing if necessary, and then run stuff in behind it (in cover!) letting you actually get up the board without just being entirely shot off it. I mean sure the crawler gets shot to ribbons but its arm 20 with a bunch of hitboxes. Also it's like, the final critical mass of blast things I want to take to make Durgen interesting! Very happy with it.

I dropped a madhammer list with two of them this weekend, was great.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Played my third game with Cognifex Cyphon who continues to absolutely wreck, but only realised this time, does his feat give his monstrocities a focus? Whenever they take damage right? I don't see why it wouldn't, I just hadn't been doing that until now. Gallows at 15 inches continues to be stupid, and his synergy with pAlexia feels kind of horseshit op. Love him.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

!Klams posted:

Played my third game with Cognifex Cyphon who continues to absolutely wreck, but only realised this time, does his feat give his monstrocities a focus? Whenever they take damage right? I don't see why it wouldn't, I just hadn't been doing that until now. Gallows at 15 inches continues to be stupid, and his synergy with pAlexia feels kind of horseshit op. Love him.

I'm looking forward to breaking out my Cephalyx again soon. So different from my Trolls!

The Cyphon thing you mentioned doesn't work, because rage-fueled only procs off damage from an attack or continuous effect. The feat damage is neither.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Local event cancelled this weekend at SC-comiccon. "There will be no more Warmahordes events at this event".

T.T

My weekend just cleared up.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Liquid Communism posted:

Those are the first models I've painted since the 90's, so thanks for the compliment! I went wit a black and sepia wash, may have to try purple.

Your work is very late 90s style, and I don't mean that in a way that's at all insulting. It's entirely my painting style, and when I don't dip, the thing that did me the most good has been using contrasting colored inks. I got some advise from a guy who won a few Golden Daemons back in the day about this stuff. His techniques are quaint in a modern good painting way, but are awesome if you are trying for nice tabletop or similar. Basically, good enough so that people comment on your paint jobs, but not good enough for you to feel like you have any real skill.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

lokipunk posted:

Local event cancelled this weekend at SC-comiccon. "There will be no more Warmahordes events at this event".

T.T

Why no more wmh

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
wth no wmh

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I dunno, that was the statement from the convention. LGS will still have events, but I think SCcomicon just thinks it is a bigger deal than it is.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

lokipunk posted:

T.T

See you at Adepticon then?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
So, at Smogcon this year they announced it was shutting down and becoming Lock and Load Europe instead, and the way they revealed it was like, it was a huge deal, but I don't really know what that means? Can anyone explain what that will actually mean in practice? I love me some Smogcon and it being 'improved' in any way is awesome, but I can't really be all "OH HELL YEAH!" without knowing what it means!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I played into real Khador spam for the first time this weekend. It was a real bad time for me. How does Menoth get past that?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

mp5 posted:

I played into real Khador spam for the first time this weekend. It was a real bad time for me. How does Menoth get past that?

I was always intimidated and frustrated playing into Malakeus or whatever Fat Fire Guy's name is. It always felt like between the pow 16 rocket jacks, flamethrowers and those skirmisher guys with the fire bombs, there was always a real risk of losing my warcaster to a million forms of burning.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I feel like amon heavy spam is the answer to a lot of things.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

rkajdi posted:

Your work is very late 90s style, and I don't mean that in a way that's at all insulting. It's entirely my painting style, and when I don't dip, the thing that did me the most good has been using contrasting colored inks. I got some advise from a guy who won a few Golden Daemons back in the day about this stuff. His techniques are quaint in a modern good painting way, but are awesome if you are trying for nice tabletop or similar. Basically, good enough so that people comment on your paint jobs, but not good enough for you to feel like you have any real skill.

I've got the Juggy that goes with that box set basecoated now, and I ordered in some purple ink to give it a shot. My highlighting sucks pretty badly as well, so going to try and improve that on this model, but I'm very interested in seeing how the constrasting ink looks.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

!Klams posted:

So, at Smogcon this year they announced it was shutting down and becoming Lock and Load Europe instead, and the way they revealed it was like, it was a huge deal, but I don't really know what that means? Can anyone explain what that will actually mean in practice? I love me some Smogcon and it being 'improved' in any way is awesome, but I can't really be all "OH HELL YEAH!" without knowing what it means!

Last year PP tried to run 3 L&L 'Outpost' events in Germany, France and England simultaneously with the US L&L. Which was silly, because people from those places would all rather travel to one big event like a Smogcon (they had previously run 1 or 2 Germany only L&Ls I think).

Smog has had official PP attendees and presales etc. for the last 3 years or so, thus it just makes sense for Smog to re-brand as a proper UK L&L, under the official PP banner. I don't imagine much will change from the attendee side, except there will be even more PP support. I think it just means the organiser will start getting his pay cheque from PP rather than funded from tickets.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Harkano posted:

Last year PP tried to run 3 L&L 'Outpost' events in Germany, France and England simultaneously with the US L&L. Which was silly, because people from those places would all rather travel to one big event like a Smogcon (they had previously run 1 or 2 Germany only L&Ls I think).

Smog has had official PP attendees and presales etc. for the last 3 years or so, thus it just makes sense for Smog to re-brand as a proper UK L&L, under the official PP banner. I don't imagine much will change from the attendee side, except there will be even more PP support. I think it just means the organiser will start getting his pay cheque from PP rather than funded from tickets.

I can assure you that lots of europeans would like a mainland L&L. I don't want to submit my minis to plane travel. L&L germany wasn't huge, but I'd go again in a heartbeat.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

mp5 posted:

Crusader spam would tear the rear end in a top hat out of marauder spam i'm fairly certain. Try it!

You'd probably also beat jugg spam what with the buff from hymn of battle and costing 2 points less / heavy

Run them under durant for huge armor buffs and slam immunity, and laugh. Bring vassals and wracks for extra focus points. Easy peasy!

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 21, 2017

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Luebbi posted:

I can assure you that lots of europeans would like a mainland L&L. I don't want to submit my minis to plane travel. L&L germany wasn't huge, but I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Yeah, sorry, it's not so much that they want to travel, it's that the community gets on so well that the simultaneous thing was a bit silly. Brits went to Germany, Germans come to Smog etc, but doing them all at the same time means they either become very domestic, or everyone goes to one specific one.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jimmy Hats posted:

Crusader spam would tear the rear end in a top hat out of marauder spam i'm fairly certain. Try it!

You'd probably also beat jugg spam what with the buff from hymn of battle and costing 2 points less / heavy

Run them under durant for huge armor buffs and slam immunity, and laugh. Bring vassals and wracks for extra focus points. Easy peasy!

Nice, I really need to buy some more magnets to finish magnetizing my Crusaders that I got for cheap because they were MKII boxes. I still haven't figured out how to magnetize the Templar shields though

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I played morghoul2 into high reclaimer last night. That seems like a pretty strong matchup in Morghouls favor, I had 2 mortality's out every turn and just ground his 35+ infantry down over 3 turns without losing much in reprisal. Also, blind feat is terribly strong against infantry swarms...

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Nice, I really need to buy some more magnets to finish magnetizing my Crusaders that I got for cheap because they were MKII boxes. I still haven't figured out how to magnetize the Templar shields though

It obviously costs a little extra, but you could just order a bunch of extra left arms for the chassis and magnetize those with shields on them

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Since the local Warmachine/Hordes community completely evaporated I'm going to try to slim down my collection to my first love (Khador). This means I have large amount of Legion to get rid of.

The thing is, I've been out of the Warmachine loop for almost a year, and I've never tried to sell used models. I don't even know if Bartertown or something like a facebook group would be better.

What % of MSRP should I be asking? And does them being painted well add any value?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Supply is much higher than demand. Expect to get like 30% of MSRP.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I bought a bunch of models from a friend for 50% off recently.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

50% is the default asking price, but when you need to get rid of bulk it usually ends up lower. Painted doesn't add much and usually detracts

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jimmy Hats posted:

His list was:

Harkevich
1 Destroyer
1 Demolisher
2 Juggernauts
2 Kodiaks
2 Marauders
Orin Midwinter

I guess I need to figure out an Amon list, I do already have him painted and haven't actually played him in Mk3.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

dexefiend posted:

Supply is much higher than demand. Expect to get like 30% of MSRP.

Was Mk3 that poorly received that people are jumping ship?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Floppychop posted:

Was Mk3 that poorly received that people are jumping ship?

Outside of people losing their minds on Cryx/Skorne I haven't seen anything regularly go that low unless they were desperate to get rid of them. 50-70% is pretty normal depending on the size of the collection.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

Floppychop posted:

Since the local Warmachine/Hordes community completely evaporated I'm going to try to slim down my collection to my first love (Khador). This means I have large amount of Legion to get rid of.

The thing is, I've been out of the Warmachine loop for almost a year, and I've never tried to sell used models. I don't even know if Bartertown or something like a facebook group would be better.

What % of MSRP should I be asking? And does them being painted well add any value?

I would not go below 33% of the original value.

At the same time, if someone offers you 50%+, take it and run.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

For some reason trolls are being dropped left and right and are going for nothing. It's not like trolls are bad either.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Working on a Cryx jack spam list. I own 5 slayers, 2 reapers, 2 corrupters, 4 seether/inflictors, bunch of nodes, and 3 stalkers. My caster options are Shade1 for shadowmancer brick, gaspy3 for mobility and unyielding, venethrax for terminal velocity and countercharge, morty1 for saclamb, or aiakos2 for carnage/assail. I think shade1 and gaspy3 are leading the pack.

This will pair with a terminus ghost fleet incorp/dudespam list. Any thoughts? I feel like 5 slayers with some seethers and inflictors will get some work done, especially with necrotechs.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sounds like a good pairing to me. I'm hoping Morty 2 will make Cryx jacks crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

For some reason trolls are being dropped left and right and are going for nothing. It's not like trolls are bad either.

To be fair, that has been the standard for Trolls dating back to Mk.2.