Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I hope the sun goes supernova and puts our pathetic species out of it's loving misery

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

idk, I kinda feel like these have a cool aesthetic. hats of to the millennial who is barely making their student loans payments by memeing for the gouche

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

gently caress

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Lol who wears watches anymore when we have cell phones?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Old people, people who buy watches that cost five teachers salaries as a status symbol, nerds

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

got any sevens posted:

Status and symbol

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

got any sevens posted:

"Excuse me sir, what time is it?"
[looks at wrist] "It's 5:23."
"Cool, thanks."

vs.

[takes headphones partially of ears] "I'm sorry?"
"What time is it?"
"Oh. Uhhh..." [awkwardly gropes through pockets for phone, fumbles while bringing it out and then drops it, tries to catch it but then accidentally pulls on the headphone's cord which painfully rips them out of ears, their rubber buds rolling away into the street, and the phone drops anyways and hits the sidewalk with a sickening clatter] "uhh, uhh uhhh..."

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

"Cool, thanks."

vs.

"What time is it?"
"Oh. Uhhh..." [awkwardly gropes through pockets for phone, fumbles while bringing it out and then drops it, tries to catch it but then accidentally pulls on the headphone's cord which painfully rips them out of ears, their rubber buds rolling away into the street, and the phone drops anyways and hits the sidewalk with a sickening clatter] "uhh, uhh uhhh..."

"Look at your own loving phone dipshit"

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

"Cool, thanks."

vs.

"What time is it?"

Sorry bout your parkinsons

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

got any sevens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGakbjwILKs&t=204s

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

"Cool, thanks."

vs.

"What time is it?"

Do you live in the black and white segments of an infomercial?

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Those animal watches do look pretty cool tbh
too bad they cost literally $950
I will never entirely understand luxury goods, I don't think

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

smug n stuff posted:

Those animal watches do look pretty cool tbh
too bad they cost literally $950
I will never entirely understand luxury goods, I don't think

luxury goods as in things that are designed by artists and handcrafted from high-quality materials rule

luxury goods as in paying a 400% markup for brands are weird as gently caress

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
"Animal watch" you mean those mickey mouse ones?

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those are some hideous watches

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

"Cool, thanks."

vs.

"What time is it?"

"Sir why are your hands covered in canola oil?"

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

please do not besmirch the good name of horology with those bad watches. thanks in advance, god bless.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

wizard on a water slide posted:

luxury goods as in things that are designed by artists and handcrafted from high-quality materials rule

luxury goods as in paying a 400% markup for brands are weird as gently caress

yeah my favorite belt i got fitted and cut for me by a brazilian leatherworker at a farmer's market for 25 dollars and i've had it for years, still just as good
on the same token if i ran into like a swiss tinkerer at a flea market i'd totally have him handcraft me a timepiece or something and it'd probably still be enormously cheaper than something made basically exactly the same but with a brand stamped on it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
"luxury" brands are for basic bitches.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Well guys this thread had a good run.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

an actual commisioned ad from artist (polly nor rules btw)

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Me, a brand:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

call to action posted:

In which Jeb! Repetition learned about message segmentation

(Hint: it's how Bud Light can advertise to gays and rednecks at the same time)

Nothing in that post implied I'm just learning about message segmentation. My only point was that pandering doesn't always work, particularly woke pandering. And again, that's the premise of this thread so I didn't think it'd be a controversial statement.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Well guys this thread had a good run.

Yeah you'd think so until /r/personalfinance got sicced on me

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

call to action posted:

Yeah you'd think so until /r/personalfinance got sicced on me

Horses are unwoke

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Horses are unwoke

the horses in gulliver's travels were woke as poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do you live in the black and white segments of an infomercial?

I feel like the second half of that post should have a THANKS OBAMA overlay

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/812716240024326144

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

six seconds. that's how long i lasted

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
It's so cringeworthy.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoXDe8HxHBA

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I had suppressed this memory and you just had to wrench it to the forethought of my mind

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

angry political campaign nerd: "what were they THINKING?"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

This is one of those times where I see something from the 2016 election campaign for the first time and think "I'm glad Trump won."

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
DC "Distiller" Names Whiskey After Hillary Clinton

It's called Rodham Rye.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/03/22/dc-distiller-names-whiskey-after-hillary-clinton/

The whiskey itself is a blend of sourced one-year-old rye and three-and-a-half-year-old rye from Tennessee. (Tagline: “a selection of whiskies that are stronger together than apart.”) Carusone also points out that of all of the grains used to make whiskey, rye is the hardiest, sturdiest, most resilient of them all. (Do you sense a metaphor?) The result is a spirit with pink peppercorn spiciness, vanilla bean and kettle corn sweetness, and subtle cinnamon notes.

The distillers cut the whiskey to bottle strength using Adirondack Mountain spring water from a maple syrup farm in upstate new York that has been in Gardner’s family for generations. Another Clinton tie: “Senator from New York, she’s done a ton for conservation,” Carusone says.

Rodham Rye will launch on March 25 with a “community conversation” at the Ivy City distillery entitled “How to Support Women in the Age of Trump.” After a panel discussion, Republic Restoratives will lead tours and offer samples and cocktails, while female-owned vendors will provide food.

Five percent of proceeds from the $79 bottles will go to EMILY’s List, an organization that helps pro-choice Democratic women running for office. The limited release consists of 4,652 bottles, but Carusone says there’s a possibility they could make another batch.

“You never know, there could be a comeback.”

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814044

Duscat posted:

Loukanikos led a good life

He risked his life and health

Eventually he got old and retired

But he is remembered

and when one old riot dog retires, four young riot dogs take its place

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

The whiskey itself is a blend of sourced one-year-old rye and three-and-a-half-year-old rye.
politicians like their rye how they like their lovers

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

:3: Wanna play bash the fash with those puppers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

DC "Distiller" Names Whiskey After Hillary Clinton

It's called Rodham Rye.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/03/22/dc-distiller-names-whiskey-after-hillary-clinton/

The whiskey itself is a blend of sourced one-year-old rye and three-and-a-half-year-old rye from Tennessee. (Tagline: “a selection of whiskies that are stronger together than apart.”) Carusone also points out that of all of the grains used to make whiskey, rye is the hardiest, sturdiest, most resilient of them all. (Do you sense a metaphor?) The result is a spirit with pink peppercorn spiciness, vanilla bean and kettle corn sweetness, and subtle cinnamon notes.

The distillers cut the whiskey to bottle strength using Adirondack Mountain spring water from a maple syrup farm in upstate new York that has been in Gardner’s family for generations. Another Clinton tie: “Senator from New York, she’s done a ton for conservation,” Carusone says.

Rodham Rye will launch on March 25 with a “community conversation” at the Ivy City distillery entitled “How to Support Women in the Age of Trump.” After a panel discussion, Republic Restoratives will lead tours and offer samples and cocktails, while female-owned vendors will provide food.

Five percent of proceeds from the $79 bottles will go to EMILY’s List, an organization that helps pro-choice Democratic women running for office. The limited release consists of 4,652 bottles, but Carusone says there’s a possibility they could make another batch.

“You never know, there could be a comeback.”

jfc.

Also assuming a 50% markup on the whiskey, and that all the bottles sell, that is just shy of $10k donated, top-notch.