Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Remember that Artie is only 49.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Jeeeeesus Artie.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Just like James Gandofini who was late 30s when Sopranos started but always looked 50+. Both big cocaine users and overweight.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Last Chance posted:

Jeeeeesus Artie.

It would help if he didn't look like Zombie Kinison. Is Artie losing his hair? You'd think he has enough people in his life that could direct him to a barber or something, the hat isn't helping with the 'homeless and piss-stained' look.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

some guy on the bus posted:

Just like James Gandofini who was late 30s when Sopranos started but always looked 50+. Both big cocaine users and overweight.

Even 4 hours after his death, James Gandolfini looked like a young Leonardo Dicaprio compared to disheveled Grandma Caprio there

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

some guy on the bus posted:

Was Gandolfini really into coke like that? drat

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The news report mentioned coke, right? Is Artie back on that too? Is he speedballing? He ain't gonna last much longer if he is doing that.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Every time Artie fucks up the media should call Brad Garrett so he can goof on Artie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2XwWghIWII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DKuJdILeFI

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

JB50 posted:

Yes. Holy poo poo thats a good comment:

Beth's Felon Dad | 35 Minutes Ago
Artie should come rehab in Pittsburgh so I can make bogus claims on his health insurance to buy my learning disabled daughter more hats.

This would have been perfect if they hadn't misspelled cats at the end.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
What happened to Artie? I missed it Robin.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Was Gandolfini really into coke like that? drat

coke, booze, and food (sound familiar?). The night of his death he was at dinner with his son and a rum and coke with two extra shots of Bacardi on the side.

The cast of the Sopranos used to throw huge parties that got pretty out of control. Edie Falco, who is a recovering addict, said that she only went once for about 10 minutes and it was all too much for her. Plus the amount of food on that show. Nearly every scene has someone eating pasta of a sandwich. There are also lots of scene with Tony eating ice cream right out of the carton or making these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x70dYtTJXt4&t=13s

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Former Human posted:

Every time Artie fucks up the media should call Brad Garrett so he can goof on Artie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2XwWghIWII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DKuJdILeFI

God I love that interview. He basically tells Robin to stop talking any time she opens her mouth.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bonzo posted:

Oh that is dire

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

Artie Lange as Grandpa Al Lewis (on drugs)

:eyepop:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

God I love that interview. He basically tells Robin to stop talking any time she opens her mouth.

Brad Garrett was the biggest canyon between expectation and reality. Greatest out-of-nowhere funny guest ever.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

coke, booze, and food (sound familiar?). The night of his death he was at dinner with his son and a rum and coke with two extra shots of Bacardi on the side.

The cast of the Sopranos used to throw huge parties that got pretty out of control. Edie Falco, who is a recovering addict, said that she only went once for about 10 minutes and it was all too much for her. Plus the amount of food on that show. Nearly every scene has someone eating pasta of a sandwich. There are also lots of scene with Tony eating ice cream right out of the carton or making these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x70dYtTJXt4&t=13s

And yet, James never once nodded off while shooting. I'd be interested to read more about that, where did you see that Edie Falco interview/whatever? (Sopranos seems even cooler now. I can't order a Jersey Mike's sub now without calculating how much gabbagool will be on it.)

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
There was a episode in the Sopranos where Chris screams at Tony "The way you eat, you're gonna have a heart attack by the time you're 50!"

He was off by one year. James died of heart attack at 51.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

And yet, James never once nodded off while shooting. I'd be interested to read more about that, where did you see that Edie Falco interview/whatever? (Sopranos seems even cooler now. I can't order a Jersey Mike's sub now without calculating how much gabbagool will be on it.)

http://nymag.com/arts/tv/profiles/29992/ on page two

quote:

This cast in particular, they really love to hang out and party. They make it look like fun. And it was fun for me! They spend a lot more time without me than with me, by my own choice—I’m always invited, and I’m always there for two minutes and I leave, because I can’t live in that world anymore. It’s too dangerous.”

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

This is some weekend at bernies poo poo. Artie looks like a corpse

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

40 minutes of Baba Booey songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNv6sRXUhY4

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

If this clip isn't in there delete the video

BA BA
BA BA BOOEY
BA BA
BA BA BOOEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUblxmhkNuA

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 20, 2017

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

prefect posted:

Brad Garrett was the biggest canyon between expectation and reality. Greatest out-of-nowhere funny guest ever.

Brad Garrett owns, was shocked he was such a good guest. Too bad he can't get on a funny show. :(

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

an adult beverage posted:

Brad Garrett owns, was shocked he was such a good guest. Too bad he can't get on a funny show. :(

He is SO freaking funny. He comes on in early Jan 2007 and everything he says is hilarious. He even picks on Howard for his appearance.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Evil Agita posted:

This is some weekend at bernies poo poo. Artie looks like a corpse

Artie's on the Steve Bannon 'I'm slowly rotting away like something out of Return of the Living Dead' Diet. Look at his complexion, it's downright hideous.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Artie's on the Steve Bannon 'I'm slowly rotting away like something out of Return of the Living Dead' Diet. Look at his complexion, it's downright hideous.

It's a terrific look for a comedy show, I would think. If he plays an Artie-style character, he'd be perfect.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I wonder if the hookers charge more since he looks like that?

Edit: who wants a new av?

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 20, 2017

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Typical coke sore on the front of his nose there.
I really dont care if he does drugs, but the coke thing surprised me.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
reading the articles about it, it sounds like he got busted from some random rear end in a top hat trying to break into his car, which is total bullshit. poor artie :(

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I really dont care if he does drugs, but the coke thing surprised me.

Why?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is a coke sore.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

I guess if he was speed balling then it makes sense...but to me, coke is such a social drug that it just doesnt seem like the type of thing Artie would get back into.
Heroin and any other opioid based drug make more sense to me...
I know he was always proud of his "last time I did coke" date, but Artie is a liar...so who knows.

Coke sore? Just a red blotch or bump or something on the end of the nose you get from irritating it with doing tons of blow and always rubbing and blowing your nose etc...

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mimesweeper posted:

reading the articles about it, it sounds like he got busted from some random rear end in a top hat trying to break into his car, which is total bullshit. poor artie :(

I read it as someone saw Artie, who looks like he's homeless, was trying to get into his car and someone called the cops.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Mimesweeper posted:

No, no...it was HIM trying to get into his car and he was so high he couldn't do it. Someone saw it and assumed what any normal person would - a homeless man was trying to break into a car.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

No, no...it was HIM trying to get into his car and he was so high he couldn't do it. Someone saw it and assumed what any normal person would - a homeless man trying to break into a car.

That sounds like a pretty bullshit thing to arrest somebody for. Although I suppose you could claim you were trying to prevent DUI.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

prefect posted:

That sounds like a pretty bullshit thing to arrest somebody for. Although I suppose you could claim you were trying to prevent DUI.

It also sounds like there was some sort of probable cause in plain view. Drugs or works or something. They were probably running plates when Artie stumbled back to his car to retrieve the stuff...and he just admitted it was his car.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

No, no...it was HIM trying to get into his car and he was so high he couldn't do it. Someone saw it and assumed what any normal person would - a homeless man was trying to break into a car.

Alas, for the lack of one trip to the barber, another book was written.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I bet Artie went to his dealer, snorted some on the drive back home and forgot that he left his stash in the car.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

prefect posted:

He lives in luxury apartments in Hoboken, the same ones Eli Manning lived in until he moved to Summit - I would imagine the cops are quick to put an end to any shenanigans there. And for all we know, dumb Artie had the stuff out in the open in his car.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Alas, for the lack of one trip to the barber, another book was written.

:lol:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

He lives in luxury apartments in Hoboken, the same ones Eli Manning lived in until he moved to Summit - I would imagine the cops are quick to put an end to any shenanigans there. And for all we know, dumb Artie had the stuff out in the open in his car.

"Hey, that looks like a poor person trying to get into a car! Take him down!" :cop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

prefect posted:

"Hey, that looks like a poor person trying to get into a car! Take him down!" :cop:

Hey he's lucky he's white otherwise the cops would've just shot him