Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like our flag but it is a bit sad that it's advertising an animal that was completely eradicated from the state. :(

Apparently there are nine H-Marts in CA but they're all in socal. We have 99 Ranch which is quite good but it runs to the discount side of things, it'd be cool to find a place with better blocked sushi-grade fish for cheap. The best around here is Tokyo Fish Market but it's a pain in the rear end to drive to Berkeley and it's not cheap, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:smith:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

I like our flag but it is a bit sad that it's advertising an animal that was completely eradicated from the state. :(

Apparently there are nine H-Marts in CA but they're all in socal. We have 99 Ranch which is quite good but it runs to the discount side of things, it'd be cool to find a place with better blocked sushi-grade fish for cheap. The best around here is Tokyo Fish Market but it's a pain in the rear end to drive to Berkeley and it's not cheap, either.

Theres an H Mart in Cupertino :confused:

And I thought I read about one in San Jose but now I'm not seeing it online.

I'm walking distance from a Mitsuwa though and my wife and I sometimes go get slabs of sushi grade fish.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Leperflesh posted:

At least it's image is immortalized in a bitchin' flag :ca:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Theres an H Mart in Cupertino :confused:

And I thought I read about one in San Jose but now I'm not seeing it online.

I'm walking distance from a Mitsuwa though and my wife and I sometimes go get slabs of sushi grade fish.

I dunno man
http://nj.hmart.com/stores/

Just going by what their own website says.

Oh also
http://nj.hmart.com/our-story/grand-opening-hmart-san-jose-ca/

So I guess the san jose one just opened five days ago and they forgot to update the locations page?

e2. Oh yeah in addition to 99 ranch we also have a Seafood City which is meh unless you specifically want filipino but they have a decent pho place there and a Goldilocks which has really good take-away.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 21, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
There's an H Mart not too far from where I live and it makes the entire parking lot smell like fish

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

There's an H Mart not too far from where I live and it makes the entire parking lot smell like fish

Delicious, delicious fish that you will never eat.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Man, now I want to check out an H-Mart.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Benny the Snake posted:

At least it's image is immortalized in a bitchin' flag :ca:

That flag like much of the south immortalizes a failed rebellion/country.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Did they just farm out the flag design to Mrs. Smith's 1st grade class or something?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Flags that matter to me:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
You really like them flags with horizontal stripes and thing in the middle huh

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a coincidence!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Flags should not have text and a third-grader should be able to draw them. California fails on both counts. New Mexico's is the best. Ohio's is the worst for getting too cute.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Shangri-Law School posted:

Flags should not have text and a third-grader should be able to draw them. California fails on both counts. New Mexico's is the best. Ohio's is the worst for getting too cute.

Checks out.

Excited to reach the #flagchat stage of the offseason already. Usually there's a few more months of barbecue arguments first.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chicken thighs are the ultimate cut of poultry. I never eat chicken breasts, unless maybe if its part of a delicious fried chicken meal

Leanness = bad when it comes to beef?? Well tell that to the glorious Flank Steak, the best cut of beef

Fish is not really that great of a food, unless its been fried or made into a hearty stew. I don't really enjoy eating fillets of fish, maybe a nice salmon once in a while

Non-fish seafood (clams, oysters, shrimp, lobster eel and sea urchin) is much, much better than fish

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chicken thighs are the ultimate cut of poultry. I never eat chicken breasts, unless maybe if its part of a delicious fried chicken meal

I'm using chicken breasts tonight for homemade Tikka masala. I'm also making cardamom lassi.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Turkmenistan has the best flag, if you really want to tie a room together.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Chichevache posted:

I'm using chicken breasts tonight for homemade Tikka masala. I'm also making cardamom lassi.

cardamom is a top 10 spice

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

cardamom is a top 10 spice

:agreed:

I'm mad at myself for not having experienced Indian drinks earlier in life. Cocktails with yogurt and shitloads of spice are amazing. Put saffron and paprika in everything forever, please.

Also my mom got me some bad rear end truffle salt for Christmas and let me tell you what it does to garlic fries: it makes them really loving good.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Some of the best spices:

Cumin - the ultimate spice for meat. Put this on all your meats
Ground coriander - flavorful and subtle!
Salt - the classic spice

The worst spices:

Garlic powder - This adds no flavor to anything ever
Turmeric - this may be the main spice of my people but gently caress if you get it on any of your clothing

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm thinking about getting a convertible standing desk for work

I can't deal with sitting all day anymore and I feel like a standing desk fits with the 30 year old deadlifting IT guy mystique

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I can't deal with sitting all day anymore and I feel like a standing desk fits with the 30 year old deadlifting IT guy mystique

I've been considering one for myself as well. I say go for it. A lot of my professors used them and they raved about it.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Shangri-Law School posted:

Also why the Texas flag owns, a sad omission from flag chat in this thread. It's p known world wide.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Neil Armbong posted:

Also why the Texas flag owns, a sad omission from flag chat in this thread. It's p known world wide.

That's the Chilean flag

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Fish is not really that great of a food, unless its been fried or made into a hearty stew. I don't really enjoy eating fillets of fish, maybe a nice salmon once in a while

Non-fish seafood (clams, oysters, shrimp, lobster eel and sea urchin) is much, much better than fish

Concur

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Fish is not really that great of a food,

Ross, get off your alt-account.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Salmon and Tuna are the only good fish, there I said it

Shellfish own

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
One of these days I'm going to deep fry a whole fish

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Fresh Tuna is indeed the best fish.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I love eating raw salmon

Where can I find sashimi grade raw salmon without going to an h mart

Please feet my addiction

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
2 friends every iron-pounding muscle addict needs: a butcher and a fishmonger

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Blitz7x posted:

I love eating raw salmon

Where can I find sashimi grade raw salmon without going to an h mart

Please feet my addiction
Rex? Is that you?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Ehud posted:

Do it. Standing desks are great. It really reduced my backpain at work since I used to sit basically 8 hours a day. It also made me more productive and less tired at the end of the day.

Standing is awesome.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm not actually all that fond of salmon weirdly enough. I can somewhat enjoy it in little bits but a whole salmon steak is gross

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Cooked salmon is gross. Raw salmon is amazing

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bad Moon posted:

I'm not actually all that fond of salmon weirdly enough. I can somewhat enjoy it in little bits but a whole salmon steak is gross
Same. I eat a lot of Tilapia, Cod, Flounder, and the like, but dont like Salmon or shellfish (other than Oysters) much.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A good fresh fried flounder is amazing.

Not the poo poo you get at like a calabash restaurant but at like a backyard fish fry.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I think fish tacos are the best crustaceans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I once treated myself to $110 worth of sushi omakase-style for my birthday. I ate geoduck for the first time too.The restaurant owner was a former apprentice of Jiro.

• Locked thread