Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Gloryhold It! posted:

Spousal abuse and retaliation : "loving awesome" - you

ya don't gotta bite at every fake as gently caress post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Zelder posted:

ya don't gotta bite at every fake as gently caress post

It's better to take them at face value, otherwise this thread would be nothing but people screaming fake

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Gloryhold It! posted:

It's better to take them at face value, otherwise this thread would be nothing but people screaming fake

Every story is taken as legit but do not extend that courtesy to posters my friend!

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Zelder posted:

Every story is taken as legit but do not extend that courtesy to posters my friend!

Alright, I don't believe you are real. :cheers:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Gloryhold It! posted:

Alright, I don't believe you are real. :cheers:

real eyes realize real lies

follow the money

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
once you guys are done licking each others nipples can we get some content in this mo fukka?

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Zelder posted:

real eyes realize real lies

follow the money

How can the lies be real if our eyes aren't real?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Incoherence posted:

I never trust people who are mean drunks.

That's a level beyond just "mean drunk", though.

When I lived in the dorms in college there was this shy, mousy, kind of cute girl named Alex. She was really sweet and always just kind of around. One day me and my buddy were getting high in my car in the parking lot and she just entered the car without saying anything, scared the gently caress out of us. She was hammered drunk and to-wit nothing goes into a big 20-minute rant about how rape is "almost always" the girls fault, that girls get drunk and dress like sluts and are just totally asking for it. Then she just got out of the car and left.

I'd always see her around after that and be like, what the gently caress.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

My [19M] GF [18F] of three months literally never uses the bathroom

quote:

Guys. Okay so this is going to be the weirdest thing I've ever posted on reddit so I'm making a throwaway in case she sees this. But I've been dating this girl for like three months now and I have NEVER seen her pee and it's freaking me out. We spend full days together, sometimes 12 hours, and never once have I seen this girl go to the bathroom, and I know because we literally don't leave each other's sides!

One time we went on a little day trip which was a two hour drive there, we spent about six hours there, and two hour drive back and never once did she pee while we were there or ever ask me to pull over on the way back?? And she hasn't spent the night so idk about that one yet.

I read somewhere that sometimes people will outright refuse to use the bathroom around their new significant other and idk if that's the case here but I'm wondering if I should bring this up to her bc I don't want her to think she should be embarrassed about using the bathroom around me, ya know?!?! But surely she'd have to at some point use the bathroom while we're together, no??

I'm not really concerned about our relationship, I'm more concerned about her health and making sure she's comfortable around me. Is there anything I can say or do to make her more comfortable with me? Or maybe my girlfriend is magic or something.

Edit: forgot to mention that I do use the bathroom while we're together!!
tl;dr my girlfriend literally never pees and it's weirding me out

"You should pee around me"

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
tickle her pink in the shower and when she releases on your leg you will know you have truly soul-bonded

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

It's only a matter of time until he finds the bottles.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

When I lived in the dorms in college there was this shy, mousy, kind of cute girl named Alex. She was really sweet and always just kind of around. One day me and my buddy were getting high in my car in the parking lot and she just entered the car without saying anything, scared the gently caress out of us. She was hammered drunk and to-wit nothing goes into a big 20-minute rant about how rape is "almost always" the girls fault, that girls get drunk and dress like sluts and are just totally asking for it. Then she just got out of the car and left.

I think 'oblivious goons being hit on' stories were like thirty pages back we're on to never peeing

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Spatial posted:

It's only a matter of time until he finds the bottles.

We now measure mental illness via ounces of piss. How many gallons of crazy is she?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Fiance [31 m] and I [31 f] are viscous to each other when drinking, but wonderful when sober. Together for 3 years.

sometimes people post stories to r/relationships and what they need to do is obvious cause they're clearly not actually looking for advice, and sometimes... could you really not work out the solution yourself, here?

My friends who are still drinking heavily in their late 30s/early 40s are all real mean drunks at this point. It's not really about having the good time and they know it deep down.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think she might have been looking to get hosed.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think she might have been looking to get hosed.

I can't imagine what the pillow talk would be like

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

p rude posted:

I can't imagine what the pillow talk would be like

Hair curling

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Camel woman is probably peeing when her BF takes a pee break and is faster at it than he is. Or does he also never pee?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Das Boo posted:

Camel woman is probably peeing when her BF takes a pee break and is faster at it than he is. Or does he also never pee?
"The carpet behind my sofa is damp and smells like ammonia. What could be leaking reddit?"

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I think 'oblivious goons being hit on' stories were like thirty pages back we're on to never peeing

To be fair that is the clumsiest goddamn way to hit on a dude maybe ever, I'm assuming the average guy's dick shrivels up the minute he hears the word "rape"

relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4hNaFkbZYU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

you run a real risk when you try the "women are lying whores about rape" pick up lines, but drat, when it works, it works

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

My [35m]Husband has been cheating on me[25F] habitually in furry chatrooms

quote:

We have been together for four years, married 3. He works from home and has always been fairly secretive with his work pc. I have been understanding, as I think privacy is important, and want him to feel comfortable in our relationship.

Recently, when my pc crashed, I had to use his periodically. Not for anything important, just to have access to a pc. He set up an alt account, and has been very careful about signing out when he isn't on.

He had a slip up recently, and didn't sign out. I didn't even realize initially, just started to type into the top bar, and was surprised after the first few letters when a chat site popped up. To be honest, I didn't think people still used those. I clicked the link, and found myself in a furry wonderland. Links to chats, costumes, cam girls. Looking through his history, I saw lots of visits to sites that cater to furry interests. He had never broached this interest with me, aside from buying me animal hats for winter wear. After a little more snooping, I found a folder full of girls in furry costumes.

I confronted him about it that night, and he confessed to carrying on sexually with girls online, but that since it was all roleplay, that he hadn't actually been unfaithful. He said he does feel that it isn't right, and has tried to stop, but feels unfulfilled otherwise.

I have no interest in delving into furry culture. I don't really find the idea of mimicking pretend animals to be anything remotely nearing a turn on. Also, now I feel like I can't be comfortable in my animal hats which I love.

tl;dr husband having online furry affairs. Is this really cheating? I'm really confused by this.

It was the part I bolded that got to me. I imagined her wearing a fur hat while he just stares wide eyed at her.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 21, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

My [35m]Husband has been cheating on me[25F] habitually in furry chatrooms

It was the part I bolded that got to me. I imagined her wearing a fur hat while he just stares wide eyed at her.

Even better -- he bought her the animal hats! Dude knew what he was doing, and what he was doing was jacking off.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Even better -- he bought her the animal hats! Dude knew what he was doing, and what he was doing was jacking off.

Bolded. I don't know how I missed that but oh god

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Barudak posted:

Im just lobbing it out here but given this guy's lineage he may not be very far from exposing his own murder plots against himself.

I think I've found his real name:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Today's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z49bfaXGX78

My (28f) maid of honor(30f) dumped me as a friend and dropped out of my wedding, 5 days before.

quote:

So, pretty much as the title says, happened this morning. I'm getting married Saturday, and my maid of (dis)honor sent me a long text telling me she's feeling not appreciated and over our 7 year friendship. I'm also almost 4 months pregnant, so even though I'm normally sensitive about these things, I'm EXTRA sensitive right now. What hurts the most is she's also been addicted to cocaine for some time now...something I have been in denial over I suppose. I thought maybe it was just something she did sometimes, and who am I to judge. I've now learned it's much more serious than that. I'm incredibly hurt by my "friend"...but also pretty intensely angry on her timing and method of dumping me. I know our friendship is over, but what do I do from here?

Tl;dr; maid of honor dropped out of wedding 5 days prior, feeling pretty hurt and angry over whole thing

Edit: thank you everyone for the honest advice. I have taken the day to think about it, and I think it's best to just drop it and move forward with my amazing new family. Maybe I posted this because I needed a little validation that she's being hurtful and vindictive. I need to put on my big girl panties and accept this friendship is over. Thank you again!

I [27/m] just found out that ALL of my girlfriend’s [25/f] close friends regularly do cocaine. I don’t approve of that lifestyle, and it scares me that she’s around it all the time.

quote:

After 5 months of dating, my girlfriend took me to her hometown for the first time yesterday. We went to a grad party for one of her friends, where I began meeting a bunch of close friends she’s known since grade school.

We all have a couple drinks and I’m standing next to my girlfriend who’s talking to one of her friends about a party she threw a couple weeks before I met her. She tells this girl that after years of saying no to cocaine and molly when her friends offered, she finally gave in that night and did both while also drinking and smoking weed. She then went on to say she did cocaine and molly again last week while out drinking with these same friends.

Now she has told me that she used to smoke weed every day in college, but aside from that, she’s never mentioned anything about ever doing hard drugs, so I’m kind of slack-jawed at this point. But, instead of making a scene in front of her friends, I decide to bite my tongue until we left.

We get in the car and I tell her that I’m upset specifically about the fact that she did cocaine, and that it scared me how she didn’t think it was a big deal to drop that knowledge on me the way she did. She got defensive, said I was closed-minded about drugs and that the small amount she did was not that bad. She then said if I was forcing her to pick between me or her friends (I wasn’t) she would pick them because they’re family.

Despite her parents divorcing at a young age and growing up in an area where drug use is common, she’s very well educated, has a great job and is one of the few in her group of friends who is doing really well for herself. I believe her when she said she’ll never do it again, and I don’t expect her to stop hanging out with the people she’s known her whole life, but am I crazy for having concerns about her being around that lifestyle and the dangers that come with it?

I trust my girlfriend, and I guess it all boils down to what she does and not her friends, but I don’t want people like her friends in my life. I’m at a loss for how I should approach this situation.

TL:DR: After 5 months of dating, my girlfriend sprung on me that she did coke a couple times recently, and that all of her ~15 friends do it regularly. She said she’d never do it again, which I believe, but says she’s never going to stop hanging out with them. I'm scared for her safety and don't like her dismissive opinions on drug use and that lifestyle.

My friends and gf [24-25 M/F] getting more into drugs, not sure how to respond

quote:

This post is about drugs (specifically cocaine) and how to respond to its affect on my relationships.

Apologies if its a bit jumbled, I have a lot of thoughts on this and they're not fully ordered yet. Have edited a bit to help.

So in the last few months my social circles have been getting more into drugs. Last year I would occasionally use weed, mdma and ketamine some of them would use more often, some none at all. Once or twice some of my friends took cocaine, which for some reason provokes a really strong negative and emotional reaction from me. I hate the culture of it - slimy rich kids trying to look exclusive, the cost, and the mere act of snorting a powder. I've seen my friends have bad comedowns from it. The moreishness of it makes me uncomfortable - the high is short lived so when you've bought an amount you tend to finish it. I think its particularly dangerous in how its not confined to a night out or a big concert - it can be taken during the day or at night, at home or out. Aside from all of this, ethically its production is really disastrous for South American countries - e.g. Colombia has been ravaged by cocaine- fuelled civil wars.

I have never tried it myself (because of all these reasons), but I've spoken to enough friends who have to get what I think is a fair picture of what its like - the addictiveness and the culture specifically. I probably would really enjoy the high, but that's besides the point.

The issue is that recently my friends and SO have become more interested in taking cocaine (and other drugs). We talk about it more at dinner. It's more of a group focus, and its making me very uncomfortable. When my friends smoke more weed than I'm happy with for myself, I find it easy to stop but to still be sociable and chat with them. Its different for me with cocaine - I can't just sit and chat with them while they're railing lines, I feel too uncomfortable and excluded. The topic of cocaine evokes such a strong negative feeling in me that it really sets me on edge. I'm not really sure why I have such a hard distinction between cocaine and mdma. I believe that the strength of my opinion is irrational

The problem is this: I find that I'm excluding myself emotionally from my friends and SO by this strong aversion to coke - I shut down when they talk about it, and I become paranoid that my SO is taking it if she's out. The strong emotional response is harming my relationships, because I'm isolating myself. I also feel like I can't talk to any of them about it, because that will isolate me more - its one thing for me to isolate myself in my own mind, but I think it would be worse if they all knew how uncomfortable I was: I would feel more excluded if they were aware. Particularly with regards to my SO, I don't want to say anything because then it comes across like I'm trying to control her actions, which is the last thing I want to do. I don't want her to feel like being with me means she can't take part in certain activities with her friends which she might want to. I also feel scared that if I tell her I feel uncomfortable when she does cocaine and she keeps doing it that I'll feel worse about it, like she's choosing the drug over me.

It seems like theres this big stigma in my mind over cocaine (compared to other drugs that I'm willing to do), and its causing this negative emotional response in me (feeling paranoid, depressed about my friendships and relationship, generally affecting my mood and concentration). This is harming my relationships with those around me who take cocaine.

The thought has occurred to me that maybe I should try it once, to remove some of the stigma and hopefully I'll be more accepting of their choices afterwards. I don't want their personal choices to drive a wedge between me and them. I should stress that their behaviour is not excessive or dangerous, it is very much occasional use. The wedge is of my own creation - the possibility of them using is enough to unsettle me, their actual use is fully within reason - and this is why I've put given this post the 'personal' tag.

tl;dr: I want to be okay with my friends and gf taking cocaine as its their choice, but I have this strong and probably irrational opinion against it. How should I move forward?

My [27M] roommates [26M & 25M] are storing money and large amounts of cocaine in their closet, and I don't know what to do.

quote:

My roommate [m26], lets call him shawn, has recently been getting chummy with our neighbor/coke dealer, lets call him Paul, i.e. watching netflix, playing ps4 and generally chilling out with him on a regular basis, whatever no big deal. Guy is generally cool, although he speaks primarily spanish, so my rapport with him is limited. I've bought from him a few times before, and have had it fronted when i didn't want to take a trip to the atm....but i digress.

Recently, my other roommate [m25] 'Jake' told me there was something cool he wanted to show me in his and Shawn's room. (they split the master bedroom, and delegate days/times when each can have partners or private time for themselves). So intrigued, I follow him to their bedroom and am greeted by a safe, about the size of microwave hidden under some clothes in their closet. "whoa, wats that" were the first words out of my mouth. Jake tells me that Shawn is doing a favor for Paul because his 'aunt is in jail, and police have confiscated her legal documents, and she asked Paul to look after her safe containing important info for her pending case, and Paul doesnt feel comfortable keeping it in his house, because of the cops keeping an eye on his aunts family members.' I was literally taken aback by the amount of bullshit being shoved in my face, and the next sentence i uttered was: 'You know theres fuckin drugs in there'.

This was followed by a whole bunch of passive aggressive, pussy footing around why Shawn thought this was a good idea, and why its just a favor for a neighbor, and its a temporary situation, etc. I finally got Jake to concede that this was at the very least a shady situation, and we agreed a conversation with shawn was in order.

so fast foward a few days, a conversation has not been had yet due to our different shifts n schedules. I am sitting in the living room by myself, when all of a sudden i hear the key enter our front door swing open with none other than Paul sauntering in with a huge grin on his face, he greets himself in his broken english, and with wide eyes and broken spanish i ask him what is going on. 'Nothin much, mang' he says as he walks into my apt and goes into my roommates room, and shuts the door behind him. He comes out a little later, and makes some awkward conversation before he takes off, leaving me speechless. about an hour later Shawn gets back from work, and i immediately ask him how Paul has a key to our apt. He just....laughs...and says 'I left mine for him this morning, How else is he gonna get to his safe'? I really wanted to scream in this grown mans face, and slap him. what a hosed up thing to decide without consulting his roommates? But i didnt say anything....he began making his dinner, and i went to my bedroom...fuming.

A few texts with Jake, and Jake is seemingly concerned. Jake comes by later in the night, and we have a discussion.... that basically involved EVENTUALLY having Paul remove his safe, and no longer offering our home as a stor-it unit for him, let alone giving him a key to the apt. I was not satisfied, but i was told that I was overreacting. Jake's GF is there, and seemed to emphatize with Paul and his poor aunt, who she 'thinks is a great person, whos just had a hard time'. FINE, whatever. I go to bed that night hoping my argument: holding a drug dealers safe in our house is dangerous and stupid' just may sink in a little more...

And it didn't, over the past few days i have been noticing...'curious items in our kitchen.... a gallon size bottle of nail polisher atop the fridge, big tubs of weight loss powder under the sink....a wierd stale 'aspiriny' smell.

Then this saturday I awoke to a sound, like the sound you hear when someone is flouring chicken in a bag. just a furious amount of shaking going on for 9am in the morning... so i walk out into the kitchen and see Paul in his boxers shaking the biggest bag of cocaine I have ever seen in my life. 'Que Onda, haha' he said as he looked over to greet me. the Microwave was running too, doing some part of the cocaine cutting process as well I assumed. Before I could say anything, Pauls girlfriend swings the front door to the apt open and starts arguing with him at full volume in spanish.

I sheepishly close my bedroom door, and text jake and shawn. 'WTF, THIS poo poo IS GOING TO FAR, THIS IS FUCKIN ILLEGAL AS gently caress' but in a much more passive agressive way. I basically got the response that I was being a baby, and overreacting. Paul made another unexpected appearance sunday night as well, going into my roommates room and coming back out with a small bag of cocaine that he promptly placed into his crotch area, before telling me to have a good one, and that hed see me later( in spanish)

Another conversation with my roommates and they still concede 'this needs to end soon.' but not telling me when. Shawn even telling me that Paul had been asking if shawn 'knew anyone that is down to sell for him'. When i told him he was alluding to one of us, he just laughed but not before remarking how 'good the pay would be'.

sorry for rambling reddit, I don't know what to do. I know 90% of this situation can be solved with me growing some balls and laying down some ultimatums, but i dont know how to properly apply my balls to this situation. Any thoughts??

EDIT: thanks for the replies everyone...i am gathering that the concensus would be for me to bail out as quickly as possible, (and honestly, given how unperturbed my roommates are to the whole situation i am giving it serious thought...) but the question is HOW? i feel like such a poo poo for leaving my roommates without rent/utilities...

EDIT 2: WOW reddit. I was so full of myself, worried about how my roommates would react, and what a jerk I would potentially be if I just bailed out like goose from top gun, but you all are right.... I called my parents and let them know the situation, n if I could move back in for a bit.. (btw, their reaction was similar to the responses I got here. basically: GTFO NOW.) So I am quietly getting my poo poo together and prepping for as uneventful an egress as possible... Thanks again for slapping some sense in to me everyone....

tl;dr: Roommate has been gradually allowing our neighbor to do more and more illegal activities in our apt. I don't know how to man up and confront the situation

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Haifisch posted:

My [27M] roommates [26M & 25M] are storing money and large amounts of cocaine in their closet, and I don't know what to do.

I think the answer to this one is "cocaine".

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Haifisch posted:

Teach the neighbor how to make crack to increase profits, start slinging crack

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Goddamn, I would have been out of there the same night they showed me the loving safe.

"So yeah, our drug dealer friend is being actively watched by the police so we decided to store all his drugs in our house."

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Haifisch posted:

I love that the dude's roommate thinks it's a fine idea to keep his dealers stash in their apartment since the cops are ALL OVER the last place the guy kept it

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Dad cray, so wat

I just received this email from my dad. Relationships

quote:

194 points 53 comments submitted 7 months ago by Incy-wincy-spider to r/relationships

All my children, brothers, and sister,

Please can you just give me a break!

Please be very clear, Liza and I do not have any relationship problems. I love her with all my heart. I always have, and I always will. I am now going to celebrate my first year of marriage to her. And I know she feels the same way too.

Although we are content in our relationship, I wish it had been a happier year without the struggles and challenges that you all have continually made us face. What I want you all to be clear about is that the problems we have experienced over the past year are entirely due to your behaviours, made all the worse by your continual refusal to change to my new life.This change does not mean I love you less. In fact, Liza is always telling me to spend more time with you to nurture better relationships, but your unwillingness and refusal to co-operate with the new boundaries has meant we have spent the past year in turmoil instead.

I cannot be embarrassed or hurt by these behaviours any more nor any longer. Please know I, not my marriage, am at breaking point. I have desperately tried to please you all, to the point of faltering in my commitment to Liza. Please stop continually challenging the boundaries of my marriage. Children, please chill and know that I will always love and be there for you. There is no need for tantrums, testing, huffing, sulking, rudeness, dishonesty, ignoring, boycotting, insulting, and generally trying to force what pleases you.

Please understand my future is with Liza. I am a married man. It is from this position that you now always find me, no matter where in world I am or you are, no matter what time it is. I will not abandon the promises I made to her in front of you all last year. So when you call me, need me, I will be there for you but please bear in mind there is another person to consider, just as she considers me.

So children, grow up! Stop hurting me, stop embarrassing me, stop ruining the best thing that has happened to me. Do you all realise what it has been like for me to be on the receiving end of continuous disrespect and undermining of my relationship from all of you children in one way or another, ever since you were introduced to Liza? It has been, without exaggeration, a case of death by a thousand blows. I cannot live on a daily basis not knowing what manipulative behaviours to expect next. You cannot justify your poor actions by hiding behind the misconception that you are not the cause of the reactions and behaviours of others. You reap what you sow; take responsibility for it.

This marriage is real, so from this point forwards children I expect you all to behave with respect, grace and dignity at all times. Stop letting yourselves down and be who you have been brought up to be. And stop hiding in the very unhealthy collective ‘we’. I love you all so much for the amazing, breathtaking individuals that you are. That will never stop. I want you to be seen for who you individually are, and I want to be proud of who you individually are.

Everyone, we have a long future together. I look forward to you all joining me in living as one loving family together and that includes my wife and her children. We are one family, so don’t tell me to put my family first and at the same time expect me to leave her or hers behind.

Children, I am asking for these things of you, please respect me, respect the boundaries of my marriage, but most of all behave as though you respect yourself. Brothers and sister, am asking one thing of you, help my children through your example.

Love you all so much ... always your loving Dad, always your loving Brother.

X
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just to provide some basic information: He has four sons and three daughters, two brothers and one sister.

You don't have to take my word for it, but all of us have just been getting on with our own adult lives and have not interfered in his relationship (which is around 18 months old). For years since his first divorce he has been telling his family that women have been leaving him because of us (his children).

Edit: Thank you for all the replies. It is helping us process this. I am just going to "change the names", as much good as that will do.

tl;dr: Dad sent an email to me, all my siblings and his brothers and sister that is completely out of touch with reality. He has spent his life blaming all of his failed relationships on us and it is really damaging to us.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
One more for the reverse ~~~story as old as time~~~ file:

Me [25 M] with my wife [33 F] of 4 years, think I might be in an abusive relationship and need advice. NSFWRelationships

quote:

NSFW 49 points 39 comments submitted 1 year ago by throwaway121732 to r/relationships
Hello,

I'm looking for somewhere to vent after having an argument with my wife earlier today. Well, mostly just me getting yelled at. Earlier today my wife was trying to find something so I offered to help her. I began looking for what it was that she was trying to find. She started yelling at me telling me that I was looking for it all wrong and just making a mess of things, that I was useless and she'd be better off without my help. So naturally I stopped, I backed away to stay out of her way. She then started yelling at me about how if she was with a real man, like any one of her exes, they would have found it by now. And she wouldn't be upset. So I started to look for it again. The yelling continued at this point, back to how she shouldn't bother to ask me to help her with anything since I'm completely useless, (Sorry it gets a little graphic here) that I should take my two inch d*** and go find a man to f*** since obviously that's where I belong since I'm a little f***** and don't belong with a woman.

At this point I just started laughing. I couldn't help myself... which made her a bit more mad. At the time I was bent over a pile of stuff by the wall rummaging through it. She came up behind me and kicked me lightly so I fell off balance and hit my head on the wall. I stood up and turned to face her and just saw her huffing and puffing in frustration but I just kept on laughing. I couldn't help myself...

She started crying then and told me I was mentally abusing her and deserved that. She went to the bedroom crying and chainsmoking, was on her phone texting or something. I felt really bad at this point. I shouldn't have laughed at her, so I kept looking for thing. Eventually she realized that when she went home to visit her mom a couple of months ago she left it there. So she finished getting ready and I took her off to meet with her friends a couple hours late. I went back home still upset about things. I saw that she posted on FB about what had happened. And all her friends posting about what an a****** I am... which made me a bit more upset. So I started texting her about being upset about things. After a couple of hours texting back and forth, with me saying why I was upset, her telling me I'm ruining her day like always, me telling her I'm thinking of leaving, her telling me that she loves me and doesn't want that to happen. I told her I wanted us to go to couples therapy to work through our issues.

I know this seems a little one sided. So to balance it out I'll let you know about things that she is right about and does get understandably upset about. I constantly forget things, like, if she asks me (very nicely) to get her a glass of water or something. I'll get up go to the kitchen, take out a cup, put a straw in it, take the brita out the fridge and fill it up, refill the brita and put it away, head back to the living room and forget the cup of water completely. I think I may have adult ADHD and am starting to see someone to get a handle on that. Also, she is frustrated because I have delayed ejaculation and feels that I don't really desire her sexually because of it. I do of course, it just takes me awhile to finish and she's usually sore and tired by that point, so sex is also a major thing she's upset about with me.

Sorry that was quite a bit. I would really appreciate any advice you could offer.

tl;dr: Think I am in an abusive relationship and need advice about what to do. And just needed to vent a bit.

Hm yes I forget to get her glass of water so I deffo deserve to be called a tiny-dicked human being and kicked into a wall hmmmm quite appropriate, verily

Also I last a long time in bed and that's somehow a bad thing hmmmmmmmm yes quite a lady that one, what a catch

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Bubblyblubber posted:

Dad cray, so wat

I just received this email from my dad. Relationships

idgi

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

First part is the dad's letter, text bellow the line is the background/actual poster's words.

I just like dad's writing style, reminded of those Roamin' Dad front page posts.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Bubblyblubber posted:

First part is the dad's letter, text bellow the line is the background/actual poster's words.

I just like dad's writing style, reminded of those Roamin' Dad front page posts.

I like his writing style too, but I do wonder what the poster is trying to achieve by posting it on reddit. "Dad says we're interfering with his relationship, but we're not!" - well, ok then.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
"Don't hit your brother's soft spot honey, you're gonna set him off"

My step sister [16F] hit the back of my head while I have a concussion (PCS) I [16M] Threatened her. How or should I apologise Non-Romantic

quote:

240 points 92 comments submitted 10 months ago by Aswerdfg to r/relationships

I just woke up and I feel awful betrayed and I am in pain. I am also sorry for poor spelling, I am tired and dyslexic so not a good combo.

I have had two previous concussions, football related. They were pretty bad ones and I recently suffered my third. I tripped over a pair of my sisters shoes and fell down the stairs. I don't remember falling down the stairs and I don't remember being at the hospital.

My head one week later is still throbbing, and I still feel dizzy. The doctor said it could last a while, I have post something. It is a very bad concussion. Needless to say I will no longer be playing football or any contact sports. I will be taking up baseball or track.

My concussion is so bad that any loud noise is extremely painful for me. I have PCS, which means the symptoms stick around for a long time.

My step sister when she got home, slapped the back of my head as a "joke" and I it hurt. My loving head is already hurting and she comes behind me and slaps me. My mom saw this and " said don't do that".

But the moment I said " do that again, I loving dare you I don't care if your a girl. Hit me again and see what happens"

My mom lost her temper at me and yelled at me, and she grounded me for 5 weeks. I am to and I quote " never put my hands on a woman, no matter what they do"

I need to apologise but should I, she hit me while I have PCS. If so how do I apologise

tl;dr: Sister hit the back of my head while I have a concussion (pcs). How or should I apologise

I love teenagers-being-lovely stories, the fact that there's actual brain damage in this one is just icing on the poo poo cake.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

pidan posted:

I like his writing style too, but I do wonder what the poster is trying to achieve by posting it on reddit. "Dad says we're interfering with his relationship, but we're not!" - well, ok then.
He's looking for someone to tell him it's okay to respond with "Dad you're a piece of poo poo and I don't love you, don't try to contact me again."

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lol your mom doesn't even have your back when you're severely concussed

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Bubblyblubber posted:

"Don't hit your brother's soft spot honey, you're gonna set him off"

My step sister [16F] hit the back of my head while I have a concussion (PCS) I [16M] Threatened her. How or should I apologise Non-Romantic

I love teenagers-being-lovely stories, the fact that there's actual brain damage in this one is just icing on the poo poo cake.

Yeah pretty sure he was justified, and if she did it again a sibling on sibling rear end whoopin' would be the appropriate response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Irritability? After a head injury?? Why I never