Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
wehn mrbtongue resurects all u scrubs defending this game will realise the arrogance of ur words, furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

trash person posted:

I sure as poo poo hope this sells well enough to get a sequel.

Who the gently caress am I kidding it'll get a sequel regardless, name has too much recognition

I think you might be surprised. Mac Walters might finally have succeeded in his deep cover mission to kill Mass Effect dead.

He was shocked to see it survive the bullet he put in the back of its skull with the ME3 ending, but like the pro he is, he doesn't leave a hit unfinished.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
is ryders dialogue as hilariously mismatched as the sole survivor's

i remember in diamond city the dialogue wheel said "that isn't baseball" but then natenora calls the guy a dumbass motherfucker when you click it

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I'm about 12 hours into not playing Mass Effect: Andromeda and it's been pretty fun so far.

:same:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

RatHat posted:

How exactly how Power Recharge scale to power cooldowns? You can get 110% for Biotic Charge just from the upgrade tree so it can't be 1:1.

Purely guessing but I assume that it just allows you to cast that many more biotic charges in the same period? So 100% power recharge would mean a 50% lower cooldown.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CottonWolf posted:

I think you might be surprised. Mac Walters might finally have succeeded in his deep cover mission to kill Mass Effect dead.

He was shocked to see it survive the bullet he put in the back of its skull with the ME3 ending, but like the pro he is, he doesn't leave a hit unfinished.

Mass Effect: Andromeda was all one long con designed to make us all better appreciate the thought-provoking storyline of ME3.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

JawKnee posted:

they aren't the same?

Candy floss is what your mom's underwear are made of when she's working.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Sounds sticky

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Number Ten Cocks posted:

the other doctors will be shocked I'm sure

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
should have made a shepard clone or ~~~~ alternate space timeline string theory~~~~, so far Ryder is underwhelming as a protagonist and the dialogue system is somehow a major step back from the Paragon/Renegade system

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

JawKnee posted:

this game sounds like the equivalent of a constant diet of candy floss

According to this thread, yes. Keep in mind, it looks like the majority of the people posting here haven't actually played it themselves, so at this point MEA to this thread is like some kind of mythological hydra or something, when it was really just an iguana a thousand pages ago.

The game to them is just to shitpost, so godspeed I guess. I'd recommend Nier instead, and I heard botw is good, but if shitposting is your need then who are we to stop you?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
"not being able to control my AI players every single movement is absolutely ridiculous and I'm real mad" exclaims insufferable guy who wants to micromanage everything

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

exquisite tea posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda was all one long con designed to make us all better appreciate the thought-provoking storyline of ME3.

It worked.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The casual leather jacket is pretty sweet lookin.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I'm about 12 hours into not playing Mass Effect: Andromeda and it's been pretty fun so far.

please dont post in this thread unless you own the game and are playing it

TIA

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

"not being able to control my AI players every single movement is absolutely ridiculous and I'm real mad" exclaims insufferable guy who wants to micromanage everything

lol

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

How are the graphics?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Now that I have Origin Access I played DA2 but didn't get more than a few hours in because the endless filler running around and combat encounters got unbearable. Now I'm playing Aragami which is pretty cool but difficult, you really have to stay out of sight.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Gyshall posted:

should have made a shepard clone or ~~~~ alternate space timeline string theory~~~~, so far Ryder is underwhelming as a protagonist and the dialogue system is somehow a major step back from the Paragon/Renegade system

It would be shameless pandering but man I'd get hyped as gently caress if the first trailer for Andromeda had Shepard in it and I'd probably buy it.
Of all the good things I have heard about the game, Ryder hasn't been mentioned a single time.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just got up to the point where you get all the characters for your party and so far I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It scratches that itch Bioware games do for me so I'm getting what I want out of it. I really enjoy dashing and running around. There are two things that could be a major improvement for me at least.

1) Be able to skip the animation when you go to a new planet.

2) Play more music. Barely any music plays and what I've heard I've enjoyed like the combat stuff when you come across some Kett. But the Tempest and Nexus are barren as is driving around.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Since I can't play until tomorrow my most urgent need is more information on these silly Apex HQ modifiers on my Strike Teams. At the rate I'm going I'll be able to earn 1.5 gold box rewards per day one month from now if I play with my phone ten times a day until then. Plus lots of bronze and some silver trash.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

SubponticatePoster posted:

How are the graphics?

I can definitely understand people's gripes with the character creator, after playing around with some modifiers in the mirror for 30 minutes I still couldn't make myself look like anything other than a poorly animated, pasty loser.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I can definitely understand people's gripes with the character creator, after playing around with some modifiers in the mirror for 30 minutes I still couldn't make myself look like anything other than a poorly animated, pasty loser.

Turn on your monitor. (Had to)

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

According to this thread, yes. Keep in mind, it looks like the majority of the people posting here haven't actually played it themselves, so at this point MEA to this thread is like some kind of mythological hydra or something, when it was really just an iguana a thousand pages ago.

The game to them is just to shitpost, so godspeed I guess. I'd recommend Nier instead, and I heard botw is good, but if shitposting is your need then who are we to stop you?

nah, that opinion is based on the reviews I've read or watched - most common theme is 'world looks pretty and well designed, characters are not up to scratch and neither is the plot'

yeah, where would RPG players get that idea from

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

exquisite tea posted:

How much awkward sex have you had.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

Aw, that's a shame. Maybe try adding some lipstick and blush? Or just wait for those stem cell mods to come out.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeah because stripping things present since the first loving game in the series is totally cool.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

my favorite :argh: SJWS!!!!!!!!!! :argh: complaint ive seen so far is "SJW agenda, why would you send a TRANS on a COLONY MISSION because they CAN'T BREED!!!!!!!!!"

in a game setting with asari

Also in vitro fertilization doesn't exist in the future, or cloning, or surrogates or just other people having kids while you help feed and tend to them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Turn on your monitor. (Had to)

Or did I miss the joke :[

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
so who the voice actor from the originl series that giant bomb said was coming back 4 this mass effect game?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Rookersh posted:

Bioware doesn't exist anymore.

DA:O was a surprise success that took 6ish years to make and almost everyone working at Bioware to put out the door. EA had no faith in it, and suddenly it was one of their top selling franchises. So they did what EA does to highly successful franchises, and asked Bioware to make another one. Except for this new one, they wanted it started and finished in under a year, as they had a dream of an annual RPG franchise. Mind you that's hard enough to pull off for FPS games which are relatively simple to make with multiple teams. Bioware was expected to put together a full length AAA RPG in 6-7 months while also putting out the last of the DA:O DLC.

This killed the company. Huge swathes of people up and quit. They couldn't handle the stress. They couldn't handle what they were expected to do. Every single major program director and creative lead left the company during this year period where they were developing DA2. Go look at LinkedIn profiles for the major people that worked on DA:O, and more then half of them suddenly leave Bioware in 2010. The combat director quit and wasn't replaced for months, so they had no real lead directing what the combat should have been during that period. Major story beats and combat ideas got forced into the game in the final months of 2010 not because they were good, but because the game needed to ship in a few months and it needed to get out the door. To help the DA team actually finish DA2 in a somewhat annual fashion, they drew most of the ME2 team off ME, throwing them into this grinder as well.

By the time DA2 launched, around half if not more of the original "Bioware" was gone. Go through the credits of DA:O, ME1, or ME2 and start LinkedIning people, none of them work for Bioware anymore. Most left between 2010 and 2012.

It's been a pretty steady drain since then. Compare the credits list of Inquisition to the credits list of DA:O or DA2. It's almost an entirely new team, and it's a team that Bioware specifically hired to replace the losses from DA2. It's why so many styles have changed since then, why the gameplay changed so steadily, and why they chose to try so many new things. Because Inquisition wasn't made by the DA:O team trying their hand at open world game design. It was maybe 1/6th of the guys that even touched DA:O/DA2 suddenly getting an influx of new blood, most of it Bioware fans finally getting a chance to work for the company they loved, that had great new ideas for what they wanted out of future Bioware games.

It's the same for the ME team. The brain drain has been bad, and the development of Andromeda has apparently picked off massive chunks of the team. The lead writer of the group was the lead writer for Halo 4, and he apparently clashed with a lot of the senior writers/main writers of previous ME games. A whole bunch of goon favorite ME writers have quit the company, and on various development forums have mentioned it was due to creative differences with the former lead writer. Gameplay leads have been leaving the ME/Bioware teams at a pretty steady pace since the game was developed as well. The story had to be picked up mid completion as the lead writer got forced out/quit and replaced, which likely doesn't mean great things for the narrative ( which we are also seeing here. ). Andromeda has currently had the great slow drip of Bioware talent since the dark days of 2010 when DA2 "killed" the company. They've been forced to cycle talent multiple times during the development of Andromeda, not just in management ( which has seen multiple complete turnovers ), but also among the rank and file people working on the game.

This isn't to say Andromeda can't be great, or that it won't live up to the hype. I'm personally hoping it does because I need something to play right now. But if it's good, it'll be good on it's own merits and it's own merits alone, rather then because "it's a Bioware game, I like Bioware!". Because Bioware doesn't exist anymore, it's a completely new entity and needs to be treated as such. People really need to be viewing this as "EA'S NEW ACQUISITION, BIOWARE VICTORY'S FIRST RPG. HOPE IT'S GOOD." rather then "Bioware always makes quality. I know what I'll get here.". As it is right now, EA is propping up Bioware's corpse with a new studio and hoping people don't notice while they keep using it as their RPG house.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

so who the voice actor from the originl series that giant bomb said was coming back 4 this mass effect game?
Avina

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Even though the usual suspects point at this for being like half true and half conjecture/completely wrong, the half that is true is still pretty bad :c

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Cock sucking devs put goodies outside of the maps and you can get to them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Number Ten Cocks posted:

How much awkward sex have you had.

My wife sent me on a loyalty to buy groceries before I get home. I think I'm gonna need to complete that if I want any shot at advancing this romance tonight.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

JawKnee posted:

nah, that opinion is based on the reviews I've read or watched - most common theme is 'world looks pretty and well designed, characters are not up to scratch and neither is the plot'

My dude, my only point is that the circlejerking in this thread makes people truly believe that this game is Hitler in video game form. Whether the game is good or not is a side issue when it comes to this thread.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My dude, my only point is that the circlejerking in this thread makes people truly believe that this game is Hitler in video game form. Whether the game is good or not is a side issue when it comes to this thread.

you and the other retard cam are the only ones circle jerking around here, pal

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Mass Effect Andromeda killed my fish

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

you and the other retard cam are the only ones circle jerking around here, pal

I'm still willing to stop posting if you do, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

this is extremely my poo poo

well, okay