Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

There are also a lot of instances of wigs or hats. I'm watching Werewolf now and Crown and Tom are still wearing their "Where Oh Werewolf?" costumes.

The Eddie Nelson one really sticks out to me because it's almost hard not to see Mike's headset. I hope they do a little of that kind of thing in season 11, though. It'd be cool to see Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt deliver riffs for 15 minutes or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Gavok posted:

- Timmy
- Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank
- Pearl
- Gypsy
- Eddie Nelson
- Puppet Mike

What are the episodes?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

What are the episodes?

Eddie is Time Chasers.
Frank and Dr. F riffing is Last of the Wild Horses
Gypsy is on of the Hercules movies
Puppet Mike is Prince of Space.

I'm not up to the Pearl episode yet, but it's definitely in either season 9 or 10.

I could just look them up, I suppose, but it's impressive to me that I remembered 4 out of 6 of them :v:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

What are the episodes?

Timmy - Fire Maidens From Outer Space
The Mads - Last of the Wild Horses
Pearl - Quest of the Delta Knights
Gypsy - Hercules and the Captive Women
Eddie - Time Chasers
Puppet Mike - Prince of Space

:argh:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bicyclops posted:

There are also a lot of instances of wigs or hats. I'm watching Werewolf now and Crown and Tom are still wearing their "Where Oh Werewolf?" costumes.

Plus Crow in his bear form from Jack Frost. I love how he just shows up after a commercial all "Hey, guys! I'm no longer a bear!"

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Let's not forget Toaster Strudel Tom Servo from Devil Doll.

This message board post may help you: http://forrestcrow.proboards.com/thread/21433/episodes-unique-unusual-theater-segments

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Deadly Bees is an underrated smash hit. The movie itself feels like it was two rewrites and and injection of money away from being a halfway decent movie, and something about it being so close, and also being about bees, makes its cheesiness that much more laughable.

e: the bowler cap guy at the end

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 21, 2017

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
if you really want to go all-in on insane bee attack movies, you have to watch the sprawling Irwin Allen disasterpiece The Swarm, which features an all-star cast (including Michael Caine!) and some completely insane setpieces. At one point the bees blow up a nuclear plant (!) and then set all of Houston on fire (!!!).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

The Deadly Bees is an underrated smash hit. The movie itself feels like it was two rewrites and and injection of money away from being a halfway decent movie, and something about it being so close, and also being about bees, makes its cheesiness that much more laughable.

e: the bowler cap guy at the end

A big problem with The Deadly Bees is that the Manfred stuff is done in a completely stupid manner. Like the terrible fake grey hair to make him look older just so they could show a picture of "young" him on a book about bees.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

A big problem with The Deadly Bees is that the Manfred stuff is done in a completely stupid manner. Like the terrible fake grey hair to make him look older just so they could show a picture of "young" him on a book about bees.

The actual bee effects are also pretty laughable, but yeah, Manfred is the major flaw. It almost feels like it would have been a better movie if they'd removed him (and the twist) altogether, as well as the stupid "Why, another letter from the man who says he'll show us all with his bees" opening, and had it be a kind of Daphne DuMaurier story about a collapsing marraige as told through the eyes of the vacationing protagonist, and with deadly bees.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Bicyclops posted:

The actual bee effects are also pretty laughable, but yeah, Manfred is the major flaw. It almost feels like it would have been a better movie if they'd removed him (and the twist) altogether, as well as the stupid "Why, another letter from the man who says he'll show us all with his bees" opening, and had it be a kind of Daphne DuMaurier story about a collapsing marraige as told through the eyes of the vacationing protagonist, and with deadly bees.

I remember hearing that the book the movie was based on had the creepy beekeeper be the actual villain, which helps explain why the twist came completely out of nowhere.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Nobody likes Swamp Diamonds and it's one of my favorites :(

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
One of the greatest moments of my life was when I actually got to take a flight to San Francisco International Airport.

Pro tip: never respond to a TSA guy's questions with 'The answer, my friend, is blow it out your arse.'

He will NOT reply :smug: My airport, my way.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

I like Swamp Diamonds.

Roger Corman films are always fascinating, because they get so close to being decent, you feel that maybe he actually has some talent as a filmmaker, but his priority on churning out his films as cheaply and quickly as possible has always been his fatal flaw.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

HannibalBarca posted:

if you really want to go all-in on insane bee attack movies, you have to watch the sprawling Irwin Allen disasterpiece The Swarm, which features an all-star cast (including Michael Caine!) and some completely insane setpieces. At one point the bees blow up a nuclear plant (!) and then set all of Houston on fire (!!!).

There was another bee movie in the 70s that ended with someone driving a VW Beetle covered with bees into the Astrodome. There, they lowered the temperature low enough to calm the bees down.

Anybody remember this one?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ms Boods posted:

One of the greatest moments of my life was when I actually got to take a flight to San Francisco International Airport.

Pro tip: never respond to a TSA guy's questions with 'The answer, my friend, is blow it out your arse.'

He will NOT reply :smug: My airport, my way.

That's one of my favorites. It was so obviously thrown together either for TV or from TV footage. So many plotlines

Ajax 99
Jul 14, 2006
Kibbles 'n bits? I think not!
Buglord

Mister Kingdom posted:

There was another bee movie in the 70s that ended with someone driving a VW Beetle covered with bees into the Astrodome. There, they lowered the temperature low enough to calm the bees down.

I do, but basically just that part of it. I also recall some of the bees coming in through the car's air vents just as the temperature got low enough.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

PrinceRandom posted:

That's one of my favorites. It was so obviously thrown together either for TV or from TV footage. So many plotlines

Like several other "movies" it was a failed tv pilot.

For a while after they called every propeller plane "Petey" too.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Mister Kingdom posted:

The Savage Bees!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075166/

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fezz posted:

Like several other "movies" it was a failed tv pilot.
Technically, it's not a "failed" pilot because the show actually happened. Yes, it replaced Pernell Roberts with Lloyd Bridges, and yeah it only aired like six episodes, but it still was on the air for a while.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Watching Hercules vs the moon men, and did Joel always have that goatee?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

I remember watching this movie on TV. This and one with giant rabbits... And another with giant ants. I miss those dumb Sci-fi TV movie days.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

2DCAT posted:

I remember watching this movie on TV. This and one with giant rabbits... And another with giant ants. I miss those dumb Sci-fi TV movie days.

Night of the Lepus?!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Paper Kaiju posted:

Roger Corman films are always fascinating, because they get so close to being decent, you feel that maybe he actually has some talent as a filmmaker, but his priority on churning out his films as cheaply and quickly as possible has always been his fatal flaw.

roger corman totally is a decent filmmaker, you're looking at it backwards

he starts with trying to make the cheapest movies possible, the fact that they're then watchable is a testament to his skill

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

It doesn't look familiar, but it's the only giant rabbit movie I can find lol... Then again, it's been about 20 years since I saw it...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Head's up, the latest Rifftrax Kickstarter hit a stretch goal and so they're going to do a new riff of Final Justice.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Head's up, the latest Rifftrax Kickstarter hit a stretch goal and so they're going to do a new riff of Final Justice.

On one hand, that's great and I'm totally going to get that perk. On the other hand, I don't think they'll be able to do anything as hilarious as the end credits remix from the MST3K episode.

"But that's okay 'cause there's potatoes on the siiiide!"

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop: I'll donate to the KS now

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

2DCAT posted:

It doesn't look familiar, but it's the only giant rabbit movie I can find lol... Then again, it's been about 20 years since I saw it...

Food of the Gods (with Marjoe Gortner, who starred in Starcrash with David Hasselhoff, directed by movie-about-giant-things aficionado Bert I Gordon)?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

A little late, but if you haven't seen it I highly recommend watching the Roger Corman documentary Corman's World. It's a fascinating watch, and it really did make me respect him.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

That's the one.

I remember when the Beetle was in the Astrodome, they would show the temperature on the scoreboard.

That's about all I remember.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Jack Gladney posted:

Food of the Gods (with Marjoe Gortner, who starred in Starcrash with David Hasselhoff, directed by movie-about-giant-things aficionado Bert I Gordon)?

I still find it fascinating that the guy who specialized in size-based special effects had the initials B.I.G.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
MST3K on Netflix is A Good Thing. Rewatching Time Chasers, I really like how Pink Shirt basically gave Castleton an out for needing any help.

:aaa: "Wow, a time machine! So you could put a penny into the bank 100 years in the past and in the present you'll be a millionaire!!"
:effort: "Yeah so about that money you need to give me..."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Mister Kingdom posted:

That's the one.

I remember when the Beetle was in the Astrodome, they would show the temperature on the scoreboard.

That's about all I remember.

That's all I remember of it too. :) I recall absolutely nothing about the plot leading up to it. But the bug and the bees in the Superdome seems really memorable for some reason.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

I really like Swamp Diamonds. It's like they took four versions of a character named Trixie from some generic George M. Cohan play and wanted us to consider them all different and also take them completely seriously.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sidehackers is a weird movie with the knock off Charlie Manson hippie motorcycle gang leader.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I feel like I've been waiting forever for the new season to come out! Sadly, I'm going to be even more upset when I binge watch it all in one day. :(

(deep hurting)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Leonard Maltin was a good sport for appearing on the show.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ct0Z2bQndM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wish we got more of a look at it, but neat.