Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Kis that why orlandu is so exciting? Because he's 6* with a full break?

Nah, he's stupid strong. His main damage move puts a -50% holy debuff on the target and hits for a ton of holy damage. If you have 2 or an Agrias, who also has the same move, they can chain for millions of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
At this point my main concern from the ifrit event is that I won't get enough hide of the guardians to make both armor and weapon for y'shotla. I finally got my 5th today, which is enough for the armor, but I need a bunch more.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I think you still need a holy elemental weapon like Excalibur or the event sword to make it work out. Which is hardly a problem.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Updated the OP with the latest Altema rankings. Athough these are somewhat less useful as our meta is quite different and we have a lot of Global exclusive characters they don't, it's still helpful to see who's going to be useful in 8-10 months. Also keeping in mind that we don't know when enhancements are going to come out in Global; I'd expect in June as the Global release anniversary hits.

Physical attacker
1. Aileen (July 15th) (Global expected release: April 2017)
2. Orlandu
3. Onion Knight (December 1st 2016)
4. Tidus (September 23rd)
5. Dark Veritas (November 11th)

Magic Attacker
1. Dark Fina
2. Esper Terra (September 2nd)
3. Swimsuit Fina (August 24th)
4. William (February 3rd 2017)
5. Ace

Healing
1. Ayaka (January 11th, 2017)
2. Tilith
3. Rem (July 21st)
4. Aria (December 1st)
5. Hunter Fina (December 22nd 2016)

Support
1. Rikku (September 23rd)
2. Roy (February 2017)
3. Ramza
4. Crowe (January 1st 2017)
5. Marie

Tank
1. Wilhelm (August 1st)
2. Liquid Metal Slime (July 8th)
3. WoL (released, 6* on July 15th)
4. Gladios (Febryary 18th 2017)
5. Charlotte

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 21, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP FFRK just got a new event, and it's.... Final Fantasy 14. Raid event vs Titan. 8 million health on ELT. Once he hits 60%, you have 4 turns to break his heart (1.3 million heath) or it's a wipe. True to form, he uses Landslide to knock characters out of battle, same as Typhon's Sneeze mechanic. Aileen and Veritas of the Earth are the MVPs here, as Titan is weak to Aileen's Stone Killer trait (as if she wasn't already the strongest phys attacker in the game) and Veritas of the Earth is able stack earth resist and has 100% provoke to make sure he's the first to get knocked out. Granite Gaol petrification is also a problem, so characters naturally immune that can also AoE cleanse petrify (Ayaka, Ling, etc.) are quite valuable, assuming you don't have/don't want to use the correct accessories to counter it. Lasting long enough against Titan ELT to get a summon off then winning (or escaping) gets you an accessory with +30 spirit, +30% earth resist and immunity to petrification, which will work well on characters like Tilith or Y'shtola.

The event raid gacha is more or less the same as what we have now, with the addition of Yda and Palalymo. Rewards top out at 3.75 million points, though ELT should be a bit more accessible due to power creep. Y'shtola only costs 598k next time around. 710k is where the 10% Trust Moogle is at, with everything above that being stat pots.

Yda: 4* base, 6* max. More or less Xiao/Gouken, with the FF14 monk ability combo rotation. Materia: +15% ATK & chance to inflict Stop with attacks
Papalymo: 4* base, 6* max. More or less the Emperor, with the FF14 Astral Fire/Umbral Ice mechanic. Dualcast, Firaga/Thundaga/Blizzaga/Flare. Materia: MAG+20%, HP+10%
Minfilia, Thancred and Y'shtola return.

It's reasonable to assume anyone killing Titan enough to hit max points will be able to make 1-2 copies of Yda/Papalymo's TMRs. And 10 more of Thancred's TMR.

------------------------------------

As for the Tactics banner... we know what Orlandeau is. Soleil is basically a more flexible Dangerous Arianna, trading the damage spells for better buffs and a handful of status effects (blind/confuse/etc). Her dances only last 1 turn, so you don't lose control of the character. Her awakening will boost the songs up to AoE Minfilia status eventually, but until then, there's always Minfilia.

Note that the current Player's Choice banner disappears when this one goes live, so make your choice: A bunch of good TMR/Awakening units + chance at Noctis/Gilgamesh now, or chance at Orlandeau and a bunch of middling units with okay TMRs later.

Expected ExviusWiki ratings for new 6*s are Orlandeau 13.5 and Soleil 10-10.5.

Varance fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 21, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is Thancred still 5* on JP?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

HGH posted:

Is Thancred still 5* on JP?

Yes, he's still the trash unit. It makes sense, given his recent plotline in 14.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'd love to try another 11 pull on the players choice to try and get Greg, but I will probably have to save it for T.G. Cid.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm hyped for Orlandu, but not for another king mog event so close to the last Type Zero event :negative:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A preemptive "I'm so sorry" for anyone who pulls a rainbow next banner only to have it turn into Queen or something.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mad Fnorder posted:

And now that everyone went fishing for Noctis, Orlandeau's up next. Womp womp womp.

Still sitting on 106 tickets and 15k lapis after throwing away a bunch of both chasing Noctis (and getting Queen #2 :argh:) while knowing full well that Gumi would bring this rear end in a top hat right after the player's whalebait banner.

I'm still not going to get him, or probably any 5* base, on his banner so it doesn't matter. :smith:

Dana Crysalis posted:

That GL-exclusive katana will definitely get my Lightning to Ifrit Immunity, incidentally.
Total: 105% Dodge, 150% Fire Resist

I'll rush that katana and keep lightning up for people who want to cheese ELT every so often.

Do you plan to swap back to Noctis later on? Because I could really use a 100% evasion Noctis to run 5man Gilgamesh in the next week or so since I've been putting it off to try and finish some TMR grind. :shobon:

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Kis that why orlandu is so exciting? Because he's 6* with a full break?

No, it's because of his level 100 skill:
200% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist

...and it chains extremely well. A pair of Orlandus can output more damage than most 6 man parties. That's before getting in to his passive boosts and status immunities. You're going to see whale Orlandu units with 1100-1200+ atk and Orlandu squads blow through trial bosses at breakneck speed.

KDdidit posted:

A preemptive "I'm so sorry" for anyone who pulls a rainbow next banner only to have it turn into Queen or something.

You mean like the dupe I pulled on the player's choice banner? :shepicide:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'll make my 100% evade Noctis the companion unit after I finish these 5000 earth shrine runs and get that katana.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

KDdidit posted:

That'll be me. Always pulling the off banner "trash".

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MrLonghair posted:

I'll make my 100% evade Noctis the companion unit after I finish these 5000 earth shrine runs and get that katana.

Thanks. I still need to get Y'shtola leveled before I make an attempt at Gilgamesh so I probably won't try it until after cactuar dunes and/or harvesting cactuars from the event.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
710k points for a 10% moogle? They're not making it insane to get for a change? What's the catch?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
110 tickets, 50k lapis, and whatever amount of cash ready. The day of reckoning is upon us.

On the upside, Lawrence's TMR is BiS for Olive so that's a nice consolation prize.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Had to craft a couple sets of flame mail but I finally got two runs of ELT done and it looks like smooth sailing on that front from here on out. Basically it hinges on if I have a Noctis ally that's geared for the event to bring along.

God, what a great unit Noctis is, I'm seriously considering dumping my 15k lapis on this banner to try and get him he's just so helpful.

Party:

Rain using Excalipoor. He's there to full break every turn that he doesn't need to Bushido Freedom to clear the fire debuff.
Refia sits there dual casting curaja or full life.
Cecil, BarFira or Curaja, provoke or LB if able.
Lightning. DPS
Olive. DPS
Friend Noctis: Whatever the party needs but usually Warp Break

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Just to rub a bit of salt in the wounds of you people who suck at RNGing, got my 2nd Y'shotla at 484 ifrit coin pulls. Also got everything from this players choice banner except Greg(RIP Greg) in 2 11 pulls and daily half price pulls.

Saying this I know I won't get Orlandu, but I can hope!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I've got four tickets on Friday to burn along with my 1/2 pull. The goal is to get a few bonus units for the event. Then I'll decide if I need to rush the event or if I can enjoy Cactaur weekend, I won't know till I see how bad King Mog is price gouging this time...

If my tickets strike out on Bonus units, I'll do a single 11 pull which should get me something. Then after the 1/2 pulls go away, I'll do a final 11 pull in futility.

I can rage pull a third time if I get Bediled.... :argh:

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I had long ago decided not to chase Orlandeau, so I splurged on two 11-pulls and all my 30-something tickets in an attempt to get my faves Noct and Greg. I got a rainbow! Marie. I can't complain too much, but this is the second time I've failed at whaling for Greg. :negative:

I also managed to pull two Y'shtolas. Is there a reason to keep two if I have DC Refia?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Marie is a great unit for certain boss fights, but her TM rainbow robe is the best in the game for healers and mages.

Keep the second Ysh for her TM.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 21, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
As good as Greg is, I bench him like 90% of the time for Firion. All his killer passives make him pretty drat strong and he has a (I think) better toolkit. Genji glove is still amazing though.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Would I ever need more than one Luka TMR?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Probably not. Heals don't really scale all that well with SPR and mp usually matters less than HP.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
PSA: a limit break, even if the unit is equipped with a holy weapon, will not seal holy on Gilgamesh.

I found out the hard way when I finally got past the 3rd Bushido Freedom with Dana's dodge tank Lightning (who is only vulnerable to Holy), and when she had 0 MP but a full limit I thought why not do a little extra damage. She was then nuked with 3 Excaliburs :smith:

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Are people's raid summons seeing diminishing returns?

:barf:

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 21, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ubiquitus posted:

I still get a good number of Thancreds (3.50 TMs already!) although I haven't been tracking my units:materials ratio closely. I just got enough Guardian Hides to craft Y'shtola's gear today too.

Also the arena seems hosed right now for me, game crashes when moving to the select opponent screen. I'm at 95 wins going for the 100 win trophy right now too, maybe I'll wait until tomorrow before trying to get those last five wins :shepicide:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ubiquitus posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, Minfilia is exactly as rare as Thancred.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ubiquitus posted:

Y'Shtola and 2 Minfilias with my morning Ifrit run(which was actually 10 orbs because my 5th run gave me a rank up and reset my orbs). Along with a pile of Thancreds of course, but hey, now I'm at 2.5 Thancred TMs and they are useful.

Also awakened Chizuru and Exdeath today, so now the only 4* I have left on my team is Cecil, everyone else is 5*(Cup Noodles, Chizuru, Exdeath, Y'shtola).

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of weird pulls, after getting 4 Hide of the Guardians in 4 days, I end up pulling 3 in a 6 pull :spooky:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

KDdidit posted:

Speaking of weird pulls, after getting 4 Hide of the Guardians in 4 days, I end up pulling 3 in a 6 pull :spooky:

Lucky bastard. I'm getting worried I won't be able to make her wand because I don't get gently caress all of those things.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
WELP. I decided to pull on the banner with my only ticket. RAINBOW CRYSTAL :gizz:

Rainbow crystal opens up to reveal Queen :flaccid:

I'm conflicted in my feelings on this. Would have been happier if she showed up during Type-0 Part 2.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kemix posted:

WELP. I decided to pull on the banner with my only ticket. RAINBOW CRYSTAL :gizz:

Rainbow crystal opens up to reveal Queen :flaccid:

I'm conflicted in my feelings on this. Would have been happier if she showed up during Type-0 Part 2.

Put her on your TM farm group and place her in the trophy case. I mean she's really not that bad if you don't have any other good physical DPS, and she does come with Curaja for off heals. And as a bonus you can hit devastate and then go eat dinner or watch Netflix for the next hour.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Has anyone ever tried to use her Berserk? It activates at 3% HP for double damage, it's so stupid.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I feel like Queen is the rainbow Bedile. The instant the Orlandu banner drops there'll be a page of pulls and every rainbow will be a Queen.

HGH posted:

Has anyone ever tried to use her Berserk? It activates at 3% HP for double damage, it's so stupid.

For the months I've played this game I could probably count the number of times I had a character at sub-3% HP but alive on one hand and never on any remotely challenging content. Damage in this game is just so swingy it's amazing somebody thought 3% HP was the amount needed to "balance" berserk.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:stare: HOLY poo poo ITS FINALLY FINISHED :stare:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

How long did it take? :stare:

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Scrublord Prime posted:

For the months I've played this game I could probably count the number of times I had a character at sub-3% HP but alive on one hand and never on any remotely challenging content. Damage in this game is just so swingy it's amazing somebody thought 3% HP was the amount needed to "balance" berserk.

:ssh: It's mainly there to proc off her auto-revive

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

McSpankWich posted:

Oh man the other 3 units are so bad, too. It's beautiful.

+MAG armor would actually be kind of nice for people still using exdeath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Victis posted:

:ssh: It's mainly there to proc off her auto-revive

Oh, well that makes sense! :doh:

• Locked thread