Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

All I can suggest is restarting your computer and reinstalling your browser. I used to have a problem where I'd only get the home button but none of the other options on people's channels.

That's what I did, I even clean up my history and cleared all cookies. Still can't view the videos without a site redirect. Oh well, I might as well get with the times and use Chrome instead of Firefox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Decided I'm gonna give this thread a break for the week so that I can build back up our backlog and get the rest of Breath of the Wild out of my system because trying to concentrate while it's around is not helping. I will of course record more RF4 footage this week though, and updates will resume as normal next Monday.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Finished Breath of the Wild's story yesterday. Viewers almost unanimously supported an LP of it when I streamed it last week, so that'll also happen in the near future. In the meantime, we got ghosts, spiders and puppets.

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
My bachelorette vote goes to Amber because I want it to be as awkward as possible for everybody involved.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'd suggest Margaret because bards are cool, but you can't tie down a Banjo Elf, so let's go with Forte, since knights are also cool.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Out of the bunch, I'd vote Forte for being kinda adorable.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Forte because she's handy with a sword yet still as mentioned adorable.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
First off: To the surprise of nobody who's read my character notes thus far, my bachelorette vote is for Forte. Now then, video stuff...

Just for the record, Illuminata's voiced line near the start of the first video of the update (when she's overreacting about the flowers) is "CURSES!" I wonder why the elves in the last couple games're so hammy (I mean, even Margaret has her moments)... Anyway, regarding the event's ending: I'll admit Illuminata overreacted to what Amber did, and I can understand that incident making people dislike her, but since I don't like Amber it doesn't have as much of an effect on me. At least I find Illuminata's day-to-day quotes entertaining (and, as has been previously mentioned, audiences tend to find an entertaining character endearing, hence my opinion that she'd make a better bachelorette than Amber).

I'm pretty sure your attempts to make shirts failed because you were using a Fur-type item when the recipe calls for either Cloth or Skin; generally speaking, you can tell if what you're putting in is an invalid recipe because it only costs 10 RP per try then.

Look on the bright side: Pico may be another annoying little kid kind of character, but at least they're not trying to sell her as a love interest; instead, she's half of a continuous "boke and tsukkomi routine" as I think it's referred to (specifically, she's the former, with Dolce as her "straight man"). Think of her as "neighbor's bratty younger sister" if it helps.

Personally, I was even more cowardly than you guys, starting with the second dungeon; I let my monsters do the fighting (I mentioned before how ridiculously powerful two copies of Ambrosia get, didn't I?). That said, my weapon of choice is the knives, too, though I make a point of practicing everything since skill levels = stats.

That giant ghost might be a pretty good pet, but you'll never convince me to bench my tamed bosses- they wreck EVERYTHING, with the possible exception of other bosses. That said, I might be convinced to trade an Ambrosia for a Marionetta...

If I had to do that Guardian thing... I'd probably wanna be some sort of golem, actually. First choice would be a dragon, but there's not much chance of that happening, right? ...You know what, split the difference: DRAGON GOLEM! Best of both worlds! This makes the "what kind of monster would you want to be?" question one for the thread, too, I realize, but I am unrepentant.

And there's something up with Doug; what it is exactly will become clear later.

Now then, my bachelorette notes' last hurrah! Dolce's pretty good (don't like her as much as Forte, though), but Pico can be insufferable at times... and unfortunately they're a package deal.

I'd like to recommend against voting for dating Dolce for this LP, since there's another LP for RF4 on these forums which is pursuing her (don't have the link, though).

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Goddamn Skippy, I had no idea you Canadians were so willing to beat someone for stealing a flower. That's pretty hardcore man.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Her crime was not to steal a flower

It was to be a loving egregious example of fey anime girl. If she'd started singing I would have bitten through my own femur in rage.

dragonx86
Jan 22, 2009

Skippy Granola posted:

Her crime was not to steal a flower

It was to be a loving egregious example of fey anime girl. If she'd started singing I would have bitten through my own femur in rage.

While that would be hilarious, going to have to vote for Forte

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Forte has been the most useful to you so far. Clearly she is already into Pubert!

Pico also has a weird thing that all of her words are in quotations while no one else is. Does this mean that she's the real doll and is being controlled by something else!?
Perhaps the lingering spirit of red-ink diary writer!?
Perhaps another dragon!!?

WILL WE EVER FIND OUT!?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Shorter part as Summer draws to a close and I put my rewards from playing online to good use.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The only vote worth making for Pubert is Forte.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013
I vote for Forte too. She is the only possibility for me.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Introducing the fine line between sexy and silly.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I'm honestly surprised Harvest Moon doesn't give your character the option to marry either gender like in Stardew Valley.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 18, 2017

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Chimera-gui posted:

I'm honestly surprised Harvest Moon doesn't give your character the option to marry either gender like in Stardew Valley.

Eh, there are some bits in the series that makes you wonder, but it was a different time back then.

The closest they got I think was in the Japanese version of DS Cute, where a female farmer could marry any bachelorette, but instead of a wedding you get a 'Best Friends' Ceremony. People attend and the mayor officiates the ceremony, and everything. Take that for what you will.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Honestly, I think the answer is "Japanese developer". XSeed, at least, have said they want same sex marriage.

Of course, I'd be nervous unless it was like Stardew Valley where you can marry any of the singles. Fire Emblem has made me not convinced a Japanese developer could write a gay option well. Not to mention that the one gay HM/SoS character is a walking stereotype, even if he is otherwise a good character.

Sientara
May 27, 2012

Don't forget the Schrodinger's gender candidate that they have in the newest one.

Also voting for Forte. The one I'd be most likely to marry myself.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Sientara posted:

Don't forget the Schrodinger's gender candidate that they have in the newest one.

Trio of Towns is not the first time they have done this; remember Jamie from Magical Melody? (I wouldn't blame you if you don't; it IS over a decade old by now, and the Gamecube apparently wasn't very popular.)

That said, I've seen some of Inari's events on Youtube, and if I wasn't determined to pursue them before (I got a copy a couple weeks ago, but am waiting for XSEED to release the DLC to play beyond the first season) then the events would've convinced me to do so. I mean, I almost felt like Skippy meeting the various "smallfriends" (as he puts it) when watching them!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Skippy meeting new smallfriends is the best part of this LP tbh.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

I think Ambrosia fell on hard times.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Behind the scenes: This was in the middle of a literal weekend of nothing but bad Skippy Granola puns.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Behind the scenes: This was in the middle of a literal weekend of nothing but bad Skippy Granola puns.

Hopefully that explains, if not excuses, my rambling idiot commentary.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
I find it funny that Pubert was paralyzed for the entirety of that dramatic confrontation with Doug.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I always thought that sweet potatoes and yams were different plants.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

I always thought that sweet potatoes and yams were different plants.

Sweet potatoes and yams are different plants, they just get confused a lot because they look pretty much indentical. I think they taste pretty similar too, so they possibly get used interchangably, a bit like pumpkin and butternut.

Also I haven't gotten around to voting for Pubert's lady love, so I'm gonna go with Dolce because it's me, I am the one who loves the dumb spooky girl animes. It's pretty obvious Forte is gonna win though, which is probably for the best.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Pretty sure Pico was just giggling just before you said you had no idea what she said (during Dolce's meeting speech).

Personally, I keep my Lumber/Stone Box outside; it reduces clutter a bit to keep at least a few things in your yard.

I bet Dylas didn't actually use a fishing rod to catch those fish; he just hit the water with some lightning and scooped up the dead fish afterwards :mmmhmm:. ...Actually, in all seriousness, maybe THAT'S his secret... well, either that or he's the only guy who remembers to actually use bait. I like the lightning idea better, though.

I can tell you exactly why Orcs have Glue! They use it to keep their Shoulder Pieces on. (This may, in fact, be the actual, in-universe reason they have glue.) Also, the new monster I've been considering taming 4 of is the Killer Ant; you'd be surprised how useful their farm item is for crafting.

Paralysis doesn't bother me any; I always spam the R-dash no matter what, and paralysis doesn't seem to change it any.

Hey Doug, if Venti's so evil, what the hell is she trying to accomplish? I mean, world domination's kind of out, because she kind of already rules Selphia and doesn't really do anything with it.

Also, I've thought of a suggestion for a monster name: Tame a Chipsqueek, and name it Skippy.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

CptWedgie posted:

Tame a Chipsqueek, and name it Skipsqueek.

Ftfy

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
In the other games, find the most adorably happy puppy and name it Skippy

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Miz Kriss posted:

In the other games, find the most adorably happy puppy and name it Skippy

If he was a small dog he'd be Yippy Granola.

If he was into dogs he'd be Yif

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

THIS IS A GAME FOR CHILDREN :argh:

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Skippy would probably explode if he found out anyone named a puppy after him.

We need to find the cutest, fluffiest, derpiest animal in the game and name it in his honor.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Suppose I'm a little tardy, but I'll throw my vote in for Forte as well.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
You're only too late when you try to vote after the final results are announced. I mean, yeah, Forte's already winning by a landslide, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't vote; one vote for someone else could inspire more (which is as much an argument for "keep those Forte votes coming!" as it is an argument for "don't be afraid to vote for someone else!").

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Summer begins! Do I suck at fishing, or do the fish just suck at getting caught?

I won't make a Skippy pun in the next Animal Parade video. But only because I had the title set weeks ago.

And yeah, it's pretty clearly Forte at this point, so I'm gonna go ahead and call her there. Action girlfriend!

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
If I were any good at video editing I would make a supercut of Skippy reactions to animals.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Hey, someone started a Rune Factory 3 LP, and this thread's mentioned there (along with the other LP pursuing Dolce I mentioned earlier)! Just don't mention any details from the latter here, okay?

Anyway, for the latest update: 24 fish is pretty ridiculous, but somewhat believable (assuming he baited his hook and nobody else did, in which case why the hell are you even catching anything?). 208cm fish, on the other hand... what the hell is he catching, sharks?! That's bigger than he is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Here's how I won the fishing festival: you can spread bait on all the docks before the festival begins. The bait lasts all day and still works during the festival, so you can get your bite rate or size up.

• Locked thread