Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Lollerich posted:

Am I right to assume that you are supposed to somehow activate more monoliths so you can eliminate those level 3 hazards on Eos? How? I don't see where or how I could do that...
after you finish the quest that terraforms the planet, leave eos then come back. the level 3 hazards in the north west will be gone and you are free to explore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

DO IT TO IT posted:

The trick to DA:I was to never do that requisition poo poo. It wasn't even necessary.

God I remember getting in a vicious completionist cycle trying to get all the glowing quest markers off the map but as soon as you do a requisition another immediately presents itself so you can't win.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
driving my truck around the snow planet and drifting on the ice is a pretty good time

there's some good truck banter going on too

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

cams posted:

i like the filler content. i like the combat. i like the atmosphere and environments, i like hanging out in that world.

i probably did at least 70% of the game's content on 3 or 4 different characters. it is why i am very happy about mass effect andromeda, because it is my favorite kind of video game.

I really wish I was this easily amused

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

14 hours in and I still like the game, maybe the ending ruins the whole game retroactively?

The worst:
- Addison (tired face lady). She's, funny enough, disliked by most characters, maybe her tired face annoys them. She has the worst face animation in the game, which is weird considering you're supposed to interact with her multiple times.
- Sudoku in space. I'm hoping for a hack ME2 style that solves the minigame the second I open it.
- Planet scanning. It's slow and it doesn't need to be, the flying around is not pre-rendered (you can actually fly out of the ship if you use Ansel) so I'm hoping there's a variable somewhere that can allow you to fly faster. And the amount of resources it gives you is not that good anyway.
- Inventory and research. THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS HIDDEN AWAY IN MULTIPLE FOLDERS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO RESEARCH, WHAT TO BUY, WHAT TO SELL, ARGH.
- Auto-cover: Maybe this one is my fault as the only other "cover" shooter I have played to completion is Mass Effect 2 and 3, but I liked having to press a button to get into and out of cover.

The good:
- The environments are really good.
- The combat. Who needs to cover when you can jump in the air, charge into the nearest enemy and then pull a couple more into the air and then run away by biotically tele-transporting?
- Ryder. I like that they are completely different from Shepard. They are rookies and everyone knows this and everyone gives them poo poo because of it. It's a chance for telling another kind of story.
- Planet exploring. I think I explored everything in Eos before even meeting PB. The Keet respawn after a while so it was fun to destroy them when I had to go past them again.
- The crew. They are not as terrible as this thread led me to believe.

The :shrug:
Everything else

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

marshmallow creep posted:

God I remember getting in a vicious completionist cycle trying to get all the glowing quest markers off the map but as soon as you do a requisition another immediately presents itself so you can't win.

I think most of them eventually run out but that was definitely the most pointless task in a game full of huge pointless tasks. Besides maybe the wine bottles.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
So how does this compare to Fallout 4 in terms of quality?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

marshmallow creep posted:

protip: if you just never talk to the requisition officers, they never give you any requisitions and you don't have annoying quests that aren't getting done. if you finish one you can get away before they give you another one.

i also have a desire to do all quests, so i had to figure out a solution to that fast

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

So what was the big dumb twist that Rookersh was talking about?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

I think most of them eventually run out but that was definitely the most pointless task in a game full of huge pointless tasks. Besides maybe the wine bottles.
Bottles and mosaics are definitely just collect for collection's sake but I didn't mind them. The funniest part of bottles is you can start getting them while still in Haven and then you find them in the basement at Skyhold, so someone had enough time and foresight to grab your booze collection while under attack from an army and an archdemon thing.

Too bad you couldn't drink them ME2/3 style.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Plavski posted:

thanks to this thread i just bought nier. gonna be back in here when this game hits sales tho as for all the hate, i still love me some mass effect. enjoy the game people. see u on the other side

Sup nier buddy

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Decius posted:

That doesn't change that the number (80 million) is simply wrong and gets quoted again and again, regardless what living costs are whereever. Most US developers also outsource a ton of stuff to China or Eastern Europe or India, making this table of yours (why San Diego? Bioware is in Canada) even less relevant.

I'm just getting started on 400 more posts in this thread, but Witcher 3 had a production budget of ~40 (36) million USD, and an advertising budget of the remainder up to 81 million dollars. Witcher 3 cost 81 million, advertising included, but had abuot a $40 million production budget. So that's why you see that 80 million number floating aroudn all the time.

quote:

The game took approximately 3.5 years to develop, and was created by a team of 240 mostly Polish in-house developers along with about 1,200 more contractors around the world for a total of 1,500. The team localized the game for 15 different languages, with seven of them being fully voiced, employing 500 different voice actors. The launch of the game has 40 different local marketing campaigns.

quote:

Now CD Projekt has revealed some interesting numbers behind the making of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in its summary of the first half of 2015, including that it cost a whopping $81 million to make.

That figure includes not just the development budget, but also an extensive promotional push that included 40 "fine-tuned" campaigns in "every key market" as well as a simultaneous global campaign, a combined effort that CEO Adam Kiciński said was "a daunting task." A few other interesting figures he cited: CD Projekt's internal development team was made up of more than 240 people representing 18 nationalities, while around 1500 people were involved in the development and launch of the game globally. The Witcher 3 was published in 15 different languages, seven of them fully dubbed, which required 500 voice actors in total.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Zzulu posted:

videogames is real life
-forums poster civilized fishbot

accurate

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I don't want to buy this until it's cheaper but I'm really curious what species made the cut into Andromeda. What aliens do we get to adventure with again? Are there elcor, the best aliens?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

quote:

Go through the credits of DA:O, ME1, or ME2 and start LinkedIning people
Haha

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 
Just got to first planet... why is there blue beam shooting into the sky again? Didn't I close it already in DA:I? Seriously, when will RPGs stop doing this poo poo...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I got sucked into the multiplayer for many hours, so I still haven't done more than the intro mission, but I'm really glad I went in with low expectations because so far it's fantastic. Got into a couple laggy matches and the loading times for MP still suck but unlocked a Revenant which is surprisingly decent and a Widow which is, well, a Widow.

Really want to unlock more classes though, the base ones are all pretty flawed. Human Engineer is generally really useful though so I'm just going with that and not paying much attention to the Turret skill.

I burned a Respec card hoping that, like in ME3, you could take the "free" point from one skill and just not get that skill entirely but it looks like that's not an option this time, really sucks because if the Turret struggles to be useful on Bronze I shudder to think of how it is on Gold.

I feel like I can solo Bronze already and Silver isn't that hard.

OK Goons see you later gonna go play more noted great game Andromeda

so long and thanks for all the .gifs

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I'm glad this thread exists to absorb all the worst posting and thereby shield the rest of Games

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

can't believe there are people breaking group think here. this game is bad!!!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Slim Killington posted:

The Vetra romance scene feels a lot more like classic ME than the others. That said it also has the least amount of actual content, but the character interactions are at least human instead of weird BioWare "how do people work" poo poo.

edit: Probably because there's no actual plan for how Turians and humans could mate, or what Turians look like without clothes on, so they have no other option

Let us hop the modders can provide us with nude Turians

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Glad Microsoft is apparently burning to the ground right now and I can't use their services to play a multiplayer match while my baby naps on my one day off.

gently caress.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I want there to be a scene where a Turian lays eggs on the ground for Ryder to fertilize w her seed

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
24th century romance

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Phi230 posted:

I want there to be a scene where a Turian lays eggs on the ground for Ryder to fertilize w her seed

I don't think they could handle the liquid physics and animation.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Phi230 posted:

24th century romance

:rolleyes: Ugh, millenials.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

and it seems they cant render eggs

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Norns posted:

this, they couldnt even show baby krogan eggs static in a box.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Now if you actually do this is there ever a point when you feel like what you're doing is kinda creepy? I'm assuming you've already gotten over the big hill of 'why the gently caress am I even doing this' but what about the rest of it?

Phi230 posted:

It would have to be HIS seed, thank you. She would need unnatural SCIENCE to do that. :biotruths:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

How did we lose the technology between Adaptive All Wheel drive between now and 800 years in the future? It really seems like they just want you to slide backwards down a few hills just to make the game take longer and hit that 60 hours that Mass Effects traditionally deliver.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

gmq posted:

You need to level up the Nexus by setting up the outpost in Eos. Then go talk to Addison and she'll explain everything. You're kinda screwed if you haven't finished that mission yet though, but meanwhile selling the salvage should free up your inventory.

Apparently it goes to 65 with one pod...lmao

crank that poo poo to 200 imo

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

How did we lose the technology between Adaptive All Wheel drive between now and 800 years in the future? It really seems like they just want you to slide backwards down a few hills just to make the game take longer and hit that 60 hours that Mass Effects traditionally deliver.

I think it's so that you really appreciate it when you upgrade the Nomad, still feels pretty dumb though.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The same way in Battletech that you can have a waking death robot with lasers and a fusion reactor but missle guidance systems? Get the gently caress outta here.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

okay just so I understand but the guy who spent 400 hours in a single player game is the one who is saying all gamers are bad right

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Are there any new races besides the Good Squid Boys, the Evil Reptile Men, and the Precursor Robots from Bungie's Hit FPS Halo?

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Zelder posted:

okay just so I understand but the guy who spent 400 hours in a single player game is the one who is saying all gamers are bad right

Well I mean who would know that better than him?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Mimir posted:

Are there any new races besides the Good Squid Boys, the Evil Reptile Men, and the Precursor Robots from Bungie's Hit FPS Halo?

um yeah theres a space monkey too (pre-order special edition only)

e; also some like, dog lizard things

Moola fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 21, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

like I just really want to make sure that the guy who tags all his posts with euthanize all gamers also spent over two weeks playing DA: I

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Guys worried about renegade prompts, Paragon/Renegade system may be gone but "renegade" rear end in a top hat prompts are still in.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Zelder posted:

The calls for euthanasia were a cry for help.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Guys worried about renegade prompts, Paragon/Renegade system may be gone but "renegade" rear end in a top hat prompts are still in.

Example?

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Stop arguing and tell me about the ayys