Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

80s James Hetfield posted:

I could be wrong but I'm not sure that the Hoog has even won anything on the SCG tour.

I know he has top 8's but I don't think he's ever won an Open or an Invi

He is going to continue to stretch these open top8's for the rest of his life. Its his only claim to fame and nobody else is going to push harder. He completely lacks any shame or self awareness.

I actually did enjoy his paper streams for a little bit but they just got too cringy. He has to be the hardest person to be friends with.

http://i.imgur.com/TVIe9Bf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gX5xPZD.jpg

People are dumb with money.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
To be fair, Bob said in that comment chain that in retrospect he probably shouldn't have kept using his top.

Jeff is a dumbass though, plenty of real pros have spoken out against angle-shooting.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Context?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ShaneB posted:

Context?

classic smart money magic game, FLIP IT & RIP IT.

Please do not start a discussion about FLIP IT & RIP IT.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ShaneB posted:

Context?

Apparently the first one is goyfs from the wash. Player bought cards and then put them in his pocket for some crazy reason.

Second is the typical ripping up expensive magic cards thing.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I'd play those goyfs at a store level event just to tilt people

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

ShaneB posted:

I'd play those goyfs at a store level event just to tilt people

I play white border 8th edition lands at FNM and weekend store events and at least get one comment a week from someone about "why would you even use these"

best island/plains and i'll knife fight anyone who disagrees

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

Apparently the first one is goyfs from the wash. Player bought cards and then put them in his pocket for some crazy reason.

Second is the typical ripping up expensive magic cards thing.

What a weird coincidence, I just woke up this morning to this memory from three years ago on my Facebook:

Someone dropped them in the snow, and then someone else found them when it melted.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I play white border 8th edition lands at FNM and weekend store events and at least get one comment a week from someone about "why would you even use these"

White border makes them easier to find when fetching :v: Also I have that Island in my Mill deck except it's foil so it has a black border :evilbuddy:

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah that's the Plains I use, white bordered too, objectively the best

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Well it appears the prices that were falling fast last week recovered a little bit over the weekend. Goyf is almost back to 90 bucks with lily and others taking a small jump. I don't expect it to last but it is interesting to say the least. I would think that supply would outpace demand in the next few weeks allowing stuff to drop again.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

Well it appears the prices that were falling fast last week recovered a little bit over the weekend. Goyf is almost back to 90 bucks with lily and others taking a small jump. I don't expect it to last but it is interesting to say the least. I would think that supply would outpace demand in the next few weeks allowing stuff to drop again.

The demand has been crazy high and I overestimated how long a dip would last on the mythics. Facebook groups are almost entirely buying posts with few sellers.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Everyone wants their playsets now. I'm mildly concerned I've already missed bottom on Liliana but I'm going to wait a month and cross my fingers.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

People were buying, because TCG was doing a 3% kickback until yesterday. Prices should be dropping normally now.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I play this island too, but it's in Russian so it's black bordered. My plains are also 9th but they're the ones that look like a field of wheat.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
There's only one best Plains, and it's Shards of Alara Chippy Plains.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Entropic posted:

https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/img/9203137fe8a56196e6127d5fcd06afc9/cards/Portal_Second_Age/plains2.jpg

Portal Second Age laughs at your dumb alara plains.

So WOTC website change went into today as far as DCI goes.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/keep-your-dciwizards-account-date-2017-03-21

I will be surprised if something doesn't gently caress up.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Huh. http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/commander-2015/grasp-of-fate

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sickening posted:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/keep-your-dciwizards-account-date-2017-03-21

Almost no one at the LGS I go to will have done anything or even knows their DCI #. I wonder how much of a mess FNM will be this week. Are they going to just create new accounts for everyone or?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Entropic posted:

Correct. Esper lands are the best.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

lol

EDH actually causes cards to spike?

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Sickening posted:

https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/img/9203137fe8a56196e6127d5fcd06afc9/cards/Portal_Second_Age/plains2.jpg

Portal Second Age laughs at your dumb alara plains.

They shards of alara plains is so much nicer than the garbage you linked.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Entropic posted:

lol

Nah that's just a card that's only available in one edh precon so it's really vulnerable to buyouts. There's not really much demand for it.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

What in the world

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I have that Esper Swamp (phone posting but you know the one) in foil, it is v pretty.

Entropic posted:

lol

I mean there's precedent for new cards from EDH sets to be expensive because they see Legacy play (TNN, Containment Priest), and a number of cards are expensive solely because of EDH play (OG Avacyn), but this one I don't get. It's a multi-target O-Ring without the abusable wording?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Step 2: ????

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

C-Euro posted:

I have that Esper Swamp (phone posting but you know the one) in foil, it is v pretty.

Same. It's my favorite swamp. My favorite forest is the ONS one that was also in 9th and mountains who cares? White bordered Arabian Nights.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

C-Euro posted:

I mean there's precedent for new cards from EDH sets to be expensive because they see Legacy play (TNN, Containment Priest), and a number of cards are expensive solely because of EDH play (OG Avacyn), but this one I don't get. It's a multi-target O-Ring without the abusable wording?

I mean EDH is pretty popular and it was only printed once two years ago in a smaller print-run, higher-cost product so I could see it I guess

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

little munchkin posted:

To be fair, Bob said in that comment chain that in retrospect he probably shouldn't have kept using his top.

That's the second or third time he's had qualms in the comments section of his articles. Maybe consider not pursuing questionable lines before committing them.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 21, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If you think that card magically sold out from all major retailers and spiked to 10x its price based on natural demand, I've got a Bridge from Below to sell you.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Rinkles posted:

That's the second or third time he's had qualms in the comments section of his articles. Maybe consider not pursuing questionable lines before committing them.

"Gosh, gee, golly, I sure did mess up by continually making rookie mistakes in my favor despite the fact that I'm high-level tournament player. Then I continued to exploit the fruits of my mistakes, what a boneheaded move huh? Sorry that made you so upset at little old me."

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

little munchkin posted:

Jeff is a dumbass though, plenty of real pros have spoken out against angle-shooting.

Look in retrospect I probably should have conceded after "forgetting" my Pact trigger, and yeah maybe putting it on the stack three turns later when I now have the mana to pay for it is kind of scummy but

https://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/images/island-337-foil-p10913-145728_medium.jpg

http://static.starcitygames.com/sales/cardscans/MTG/8ED/en/foil/Plains334.jpg

That's a really nice Plains, thanks for pointing it out. Also are we just hotlinking now?

Urza's basics are the best because they tell you what they do. Tempest Mountains are better that Urza's Mountains though.

Toshimo posted:

If you think that card magically sold out from all major retailers and spiked to 10x its price based on natural demand, I've got a Bridge from Below to sell you.

stop trying to buyout bridge from below

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Best Plains is from Odyssey:

All the Onslaught ones are great too, most have little huts on them. Onslaught lands and foil lands are great.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
So are we just not talking about the potentially leaked Amonkhet split card that surfaced and hasn't been proven fake yet?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It was talked about and then promptly forgotten because it's not that interesting of a card, and the gimmick doesn't mean much until we see where else they go with it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
when are amonkhet previews supposed to start

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

The Shortest Path posted:

It was talked about and then promptly forgotten because it's not that interesting of a card, and the gimmick doesn't mean much until we see where else they go with it.

fair enough, guess I missed it. The split flashback mechanic is interesting to me--it's def powerful enough to have an impact on constructed play--but yeah, the card itself was p blah

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

dragon enthusiast posted:

when are amonkhet previews supposed to start

I believe in 2 weeks.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Best Plains is from Odyssey:

All the Onslaught ones are great too, most have little huts on them. Onslaught lands and foil lands are great.

That is a cool plains!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheChirurgeon posted:

So are we just not talking about the potentially leaked Amonkhet split card that surfaced and hasn't been proven fake yet?

Cool mechanic but it was a bad card and it looked bad.

• Locked thread