Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The shield had 800 HP.

Hard pls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The shield had 800 HP. You had to kill 16 operators with bodyshots to chew through both of them.

I only ever saw it break ONCE before the nerf, and that was only on an already damaged shield, using the SMG-11. I didn't even know it COULD break.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

:lol: when cav vaulted down into the claymore

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Didn't he only have one shield when it was hundreds of hp? I didn't play then mind you

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Didn't he only have one shield when it was hundreds of hp? I didn't play then mind you

Yup, no replacements but he never needed one.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Am I the only one who sees the new operator guy on the main screen's hand clipping right through an oxygen tank on his chest?

Its there constantly, every time I boot up the game, and it really bugs me. Like holy poo poo Ubisoft fix your loving menu :v:

Its one thing to have some clipping error in an animation that sometimes gets played, but having it zoomed in right there on the title screen just seems extremely slapdash.

Also, I'm new to this thing. When abouts is the next update scheduled to drop?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jehde posted:

Reminder that Blackbeard's shield used to have 300 hp or something insane. And that semi-automatic shotguns used to be best at long range OHKs.

The Glaz buff is super dumb and unnecessary, like the whole Pulse buff situation, but it's not the worst thing they've put out.

You could also flank Blackbeard

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Right, my bad. He didn't get second shield until the nerf during mid-season Skull Rain patch.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Basticle posted:

You could also flank Blackbeard

And you can't Glaz?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Give him Blackbeard's ADS speed. Being able to see through smoke might just be too good to live.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 21, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Neckbeard's original design that got changed (based on feedback via testing from Serenity and company) was the shield didn't break at all, if I remember right.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jehde posted:

And you can't Glaz?

Uh not when he's sniping outside :confused:

Certain spawns on velvet coastline in particular are rage inducing with glaz

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Basticle posted:

:psyduck:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Basticle posted:

Certain spawns on velvet coastline in particular are rage inducing with glaz

Sounds like you need to CASTLE UP

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

You guys know glaz can destroy castle walls with his gun right? I don't understand what's so complicated about this

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Neckbeard's original design that got changed (based on feedback via testing from Serenity and company) was the shield didn't break at all, if I remember right.

If getting hit totally hosed up his aim like it probably should then that might have been okay because he couldn't duel people then

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Castle barricades are destroyed by Glaz's rifle after a handful of shots.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I think it's 11 to be precise. He spawns with hum something like 24 bullets?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Its hard to flank people when going outside means your position gets revealed :v:

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hard posted:

That'd be an issue for glaz if there weren't already a myriad of gadgets on his team that make castle utterly pointless.

Castle is baaaaaaaaaaad.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Hard posted:

It's 5 since last patch or the one before I think.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

you can actually blast giant loving kill holes in those metal windows with glaz in only like 2 shots if you're lucky.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Its hard to flank people when going outside means your position gets revealed :v:

You guys realize Glaz can be used indoors and Blackbeard can be used outdoors as well, right?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jehde posted:

You guys realize Glaz can be used indoors and Blackbeard can be used outdoors as well, right?

Yeah and Blackbeard can't see thermal vision people through smoke and tiny holes with a huge scope. Stop being dumb.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Basticle posted:

Yeah and Blackbeard can't see thermal vision people through smoke and tiny holes with a huge scope. Stop being dumb.

You were arguing that Glaz is the most frustrating part of this game since launch, when there was a time when Blackbeard could park himself on a window and have 800 hp to protect his head.

I can't even.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

It's almost as if everyone that posts in this thread is bad at this game (except Para and Hard) and has no idea what they're talking about

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Basticle posted:

Jehde posted:

You guys realize Glaz can be used indoors as well, right?

What the gently caress kinda moving the goalposts bullshit is this Jehde :colbert:

Like no poo poo he can be used inside, but that wasn't the point we were just talking about.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Jesus Christ.

Basticle argued that current Glaz is worse than old Blackbeard. He argued that you can just flank Blackbeard. You can out flank Blackbeard if he's inside, if he's outside he is much harder to flank. His argument that you can't out flank Glaz is because he's outside.

How is this so difficult to understand.

Ironically Glaz's buff seems to mostly help when he's pushing the objective, inside.

ten_twentyfour posted:

It's almost as if everyone that posts in this thread is bad at this game (except Para and Hard) and has no idea what they're talking about

I'll fully admit that I am bad at video games but this sort of mental gymnastics is just mind boggling.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 21, 2017

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
My experience with new glaz is that he just makes you play safer. I think I've only been killed by him twice so far. Just lay low and make him come to you. Business as usual. That said, I haven't had one try the smoke strat on me yet and I suspect that is indeed bullshit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
People in this thread are so dense they're in fact made of new undiscovered transuranic elements.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Space T Rex posted:

My experience with new glaz is that he just makes you play safer.

yeah, well here's mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_7y2z8cWc

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Basticle posted:

You guys know glaz can destroy castle walls with his gun right? I don't understand what's so complicated about this

Just put em up, badman.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

ten_twentyfour posted:

Hard is bad though.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Seems like a big buff to Kapkan to have his laser be invisible now :thumbsup:

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing Ubi of making this a feature.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wooper posted:

Seems like a big buff to Kapkan to have his laser be invisible now :thumbsup:

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing Ubi of making this a feature.

Are you sure you're not just colorblind? We constantly make fun of someone in our group for his debilitating colorblindness that renders the lasers invisible to him. We're very compassionate.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Day time outside doors make the laser insanely hard to see because lighting in this game

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm not colorblind but I get tunnel vision scanning for enemies and walk into Kapkan traps all the drat time.

*edit* I back into them even more often.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

why do you hate fun

Alright, easy there killers. I'll make sure to check myself before I poke fun at something on this dead comedy forum.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 22, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_VGWg_j1YE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Basticle posted:

I'm not colorblind but I get tunnel vision scanning for enemies and walk into Kapkan traps all the drat time.

*edit* I back into them even more often.

I can spot kapkan traps almost all the time, but loving Frost traps may as well be invisible.

• Locked thread