Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Almond Cat is going to be a set people complain about most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

80s James Hetfield posted:

[[New Set]] is going to be a set people complain about most likely.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Best Plains is from Odyssey:

All the Onslaught ones are great too, most have little huts on them. Onslaught lands and foil lands are great.

drat, this is a dope rear end Plain

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

this guy gets it

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Buyout of Pain's Reward from SoK happening. Guess it's an interesting card that could be used in death's shadow decks.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Buyout of Pain's Reward from SoK happening. Guess it's an interesting card that could be used in death's shadow decks.

I feel like there are better options, painful truths for one. Pain's Reward is just a low supply card with cool art.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sickening posted:

I feel like there are better options, painful truths for one. Pain's Reward is just a low supply card with cool art.

Honestly Death's Shadow wants that card the most in the late game and if you've reached that point your opponent almost certainly has more life left than you do.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

mcmagic posted:

Cool mechanic but it was a bad card and it looked bad.

The more I look at it, I think it's really just the post-M15 style bevelling on the borders that makes it look so bad.

Also I kind of wish the bottom half was flipped 180 degrees, because I normally put my library and graveyard to my left with the top of the cards facing right.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Almond Cat is going to be a set people complain about most likely.

I think the only person in this thread who actually likes Magic is actually mcmagic.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
How do people track when buyouts are happening is there some kind of public tcg list you can click on where it tells you the top 10 cards sold for the day?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

TheKingofSprings posted:

Honestly Death's Shadow wants that card the most in the late game and if you've reached that point your opponent almost certainly has more life left than you do.

This.

I used pains reward in my mono black demon edh deck and I routinely bid into the double digits just because it is on theme but I'm under no illusions that the play is anything but on point for flavor (same goes for promise of power)

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

How do people track when buyouts are happening is there some kind of public tcg list you can click on where it tells you the top 10 cards sold for the day?

http://www.mtgstocks.com/interests

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

I see them just from browsing around, group chat saying something, or this thread. Saw that last one on Facebook.

I always forget to look at this. Now I know that the power artifact I paid $20 cash for last year for an edh deck is $55 low on tcgplayer. Neat!

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 21, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I think the only person in this thread who actually likes Magic is actually mcmagic.

I like Magic but want to drown everyone that plays it in a lake. I hope I'm the first one to go

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Depends on the day.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

I like Magic a lot. Possibly my favorite game. But that's also why I don't post in here that often.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Best Plains is from Odyssey:

All the Onslaught ones are great too, most have little huts on them. Onslaught lands and foil lands are great.

OK so this one's great and all but

and then also

Mirage has the best basics in general actually.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

sit on my Facebook posted:

OK so this one's great and all but

and then also

Mirage has the best basics in general actually.

This. The Mirage basic lands were gorgeous.

Though I have a soft spot for some of the Ice Age Lands, like Wanerstrand's mountains and Maddocks' snow-covered island
E:
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=2764
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=184813

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I like Magic but a large part of that is probably due to not playing it that often. I went to two FNMs in a row this month and it felt real weird. And with any luck I'll be going to a third next week! And yet I still insist on building a half-dozen different decks for one format :shepface:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Are you at least pushing some kind of fake format nobody will ever play?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I definitely have some nostalgia for the Ice Age basics.
This Swamp is a classic:

And for some reason the plains, but none of the others, were a split tableau:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Entropic posted:

I definitely have some nostalgia for the Ice Age basics.
This Swamp is a classic:

It was basically the artist's preference on how they wanted to do their lands.

I'm not a fan of the Swamps/Plains/Forests from IA, though

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Siivola posted:

Standard Silverblack for life.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Siivola posted:

Remember when we talked about Frontier for like maybe 8 days and there was daily articles on CFB?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Jy5xx7JBQ

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Remember when we talked about Frontier for like maybe 8 days and there was daily articles on CFB?
Nope, that was before my time. I've seen some posts tho.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Someone trade me a Misty and a Tarn for a Tarmogoyf.

Thanks.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Entropic posted:

Polyptych is probably the word, even though that illustration was probably all one whole piece.

I already have a stack of this edition of Swamp, but I should get the matching Island when I can finally put together Modern Faeries.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

A popular Mtg finance podcast had that card as a pick a week or so ago. Usually their picks correlate to buyouts if they are for EDH / older sets / low stock.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dehtraen posted:

A popular Mtg finance podcast had that card as a pick a week or so ago. Usually their picks correlate to buyouts if they are for EDH / older sets / low stock.

But why?

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

The mana source put out a B/W deck tech that uses it a couple days ago I think?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Because they had a bunch they couldn't move?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Ghetto Guru swamp 4life

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
lmao
https://twitter.com/MagicOnline/status/844275648742940672

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
"Due to an issue". Never change, modo.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I read this as "tomorrow commons will not be pauper legal" and figured today must be the 31st.

This is so much funnier.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I like the implied resignation that they won't figure out how to fix it for another month (unless monthly updates around the 20th are a normal thing)

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Some people are addicted to the idea of treating magic the gathering like a stock market and making money off it. Far too few people ever do it consistently and so few of those actually do it to a point where the time investment is worth more than minimum wage.

Basically, "Nerd Dreams".

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

I'm sorry, it takes four goddamn weeks for the fix? You have to be making GBS threads me. Those cards are already in the program! You can make them legal in the format already even if they're programmed as commons and uncommons, as Gleemox has taught me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Hellsau posted:

I'm sorry, it takes four goddamn weeks for the fix? You have to be making GBS threads me. Those cards are already in the program! You can make them legal in the format already even if they're programmed as commons and uncommons, as Gleemox has taught me.

What if cards have to be programmed for not only each printing, but for each format? :vince:

• Locked thread