Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What about tan Saber, who is my precious daughter I must protect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rune Factory 4 Saber is the best imo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper posted:

Rune Factory 4 Saber is the best imo

Give me a rune factory 4 anime, and also a rune factory 3 anime, and also rune factory 5, and also a rune factory game but with fate characters

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

red saber best saber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drU0JAnfnzM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyxME9uC_Sc

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
are Maid Saber and Bridal Saber distinct Sabers, or are they just one of the other Sabers wearing a different outfit?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

are Maid Saber and Bridal Saber distinct Sabers, or are they just one of the other Sabers wearing a different outfit?

maid saber is saber alter in a maid outfit, bride saber is nero in a bride outfit

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nero needs a plumber Saber outfit, to keep with her theme.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm a Saber too.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I agree, Plummer's Crack Saber is best Saber :mrgw:

But for real, this video is funny, it reminds me of the one Turning Girls ep with the frog idol doing a livestream.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

What about tan Saber, who is my precious daughter I must protect?

Where is this tan Saber you speak of.

Just asking for my best friend.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My best friend is myself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In the hit videogame Fate/Extella

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ooooooh, right, I vaguely recall someone telling me about that. My best friend thanks you.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Lucy, I think we can go ahead and still use last season's Natsume thread, if you wouldn't mind linking it in the OP. I'll go ahead and update its OP soon.

Also, it deserves sirens.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm watching that Red Saber vid, and she seems very good. Her voice seemed familiar - maybe Kero from CCS, I thought, though w/o her usual kansaiben - so I looked it up, and lol it's Sakura.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Just how many Sabers are there total now?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So many that I really can't say-ber.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sindai posted:

Just how many Sabers are there total now?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
most of those aren't slight variations on the same character so do they even count?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
why is attila a saber and not a rider

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
For the same reason that Florence Nightingale is a Berserker.

:japan:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Largepotato posted:

For the same reason that Florence Nightingale is a Berserker.

:japan:

you can't see it, but i'm frowning very hard at this post

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

How difficult is Fate to get into

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd like to believe it's not, but the product has also gotten exponentially more complicated since I became a fan to the point where I just kind of zone out when people talk about the various spinoffs.

The original Fate/stay night VN (specifically the 2012 Realta Nua version, with individual installs for each route) remains a very solid fantasy/action/adventure story with some zany twists and memorable characters. Certainly comes with some caveats or parts that aren't as good as others, but as a self-contained story it works far better than any other individual entry in the franchise. It has a heart to it that I don't feel has been replicated in any of the spinoffs or sequels/prequels. If you can make it through that, you'll be kind of set because then you can seek or whatever else in the Fate/ series piques your interest.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Now that two of the three routes of the original VN have been adapted into anime, with the third on the way, you shouldn't have too bad a time. There's a lot of material, but a lot of them are in alternate universes, so it's not like a massive ball of continuity.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Don't watch the 2006 DEEN anime. Please. I'd rather someone just skip the franchise altogether than go down that rabbit hole.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fate route's not really that important anyway if you're aware of the concept of the franchise. I'm just saying we're getting close to a point where people won't haaave to read a shittily translated VN for 24 hours.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Just skip the franchise, it's not really worth your time.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Waffleman_ posted:

Fate route's not really that important anyway if you're aware of the concept of the franchise. I'm just saying we're getting close to a point where people won't haaave to read a shittily translated VN for 24 hours.
The new TL patch that came out a couple of years ago for the PC re-releases is pretty decent. In my re-read I noticed at least one "Itadakimasu" which made my eye involuntarily twitch but it otherwise seemed fine

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Fate/zero anime is a pretty good look into the franchise that doesn't involve Nasu's spectacularly turgid, repetitive prose, so that might be worth a shot.

There's a lot of cool poo poo in Fate, but a great deal of it is buried under endless :words:.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Going with Fate/Zero first unfortunately results in a lot of incongruity with tone and character arcs when going back to FSN. You can technically do it and won't be lost, but it absolutely comes with its own host of caveats. It works best as a follow up to Heaven's Feel, at least.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

how to get into Fate:
- read the VN

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just play the vn, it's cool

and nasu is a way better writer than urobuchi

source: ive read like ten paragraphs from each of them in japanese

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

If you want to find out how Fate is watching a part of it not written by nasu is not going to help you figure that out at all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dryzen posted:

If you want to find out how Fate is watching a part of it not written by nasu is not going to help you figure that out at all

the thing that completely goes against all the themes of the actual core of the franchise and is terribly written, is definitely the best entry point to the series, instead of the thing that came first, is a pretty decent and enjoyable read, and actually communicates what the franchise is about very clearly

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Fangz posted:

Just skip the franchise, it's not really worth your time.

Alternatively, Fate is really cool

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Erg posted:

Alternatively, Fate is really cool

There are cooler things that waste less of your time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fangz posted:

There are cooler things that waste less of your time.
if you think something is cool, it isn't wasting your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe the person asking about Fate's barrier to entry has an interest in experiencing it, and would appreciate advice along those lines.

• Locked thread