Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hey, these tips really helped. I got him my next try.

How many weapons can Emil sell? I've been able to stop him with weapons once, and he had two bracers.

Just those 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Vermain posted:

You get that as a wearable costume upon finishing route C.

Oh that's good to hear. Thank you.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Snak posted:

Pro tip: do not fall down in between the buildings.

Not specific to races:
Will someone please convince me that just sprinting is as fast or faster than spamming evade/dash? Because I know it probably is, but I have a problem not constant tapping right trigger when I want to get somewhere faster. Even though it's probably making me slower overall. The *woosh* makes it sound faster...

It's actually impossible to complete the third race if you spam dash because it's so much slower than sprinting, you're actually so loving fast it's unbelievable. If you really want to, create an imaginary 100 meter dash somewhere in the world between two landscape markers and time yourself running between them, I think you'll be legitimately surprised how much faster sprinting actually is.

I also had one of my chip loadouts entirely set aside for max movespeed, item drops, and passive healing

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Big library when heading towards the Forest Kingdom, Original Nier spoilers: that the place where Kainé got turned to stone?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fat Samurai posted:

Big library when heading towards the Forest Kingdom, Original Nier spoilers: that the place where Kainé got turned to stone?

That's what I was thinking, but i don't think so because emil's quest conclusion shows that The shopping center area is built right over kaine's house, meaning the forest is where the aerie used to be.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'm in the machine village having just got the alert about the goliath in the city ruins but for the life of me I can't find where to go to open the shortcut.

edit: And right after posting that, I find it...

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 21, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Hexenritter posted:

I'm in the machine village having just got the alert about the goliath in the city ruins but for the life of me I can't find where to go to open the shortcut.

That's not the shortcut. Go back the way you first entered the village from. There is a path that curves, while the path going back to the amusment park (that you came on) goes straight. Take the curved path to open a shortcut back to City Ruins.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I forget, when in Route A does the conversation with 60 happen when she cries because the girl she liked rejected her?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

There's a sidequest on the map that looks to be far down underground, and I'm not sure how to get to it. If you look at the map straight down it's around the forest kingdom. Anyone know what sidequest I mean?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Terper posted:

I forget, when in Route A does the conversation with 60 happen when she cries because the girl she liked rejected her?

Right after you accept the quest from Pascal to deliver the fuel filter and leave his village.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

There's a sidequest on the map that looks to be far down underground, and I'm not sure how to get to it. If you look at the map straight down it's around the forest kingdom. Anyone know what sidequest I mean?

There is a path down to that one. Head through the forest towards the dot and look for something you might be able to descend. You could probably just pod hover down there, too. I think the enemies are about level 30 or so.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You jump off a cliff and fly to it. I just said gently caress it at some point and did it from the forest center.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have a bunch of gameplay related questions I'm hoping someone could give me answers for.

What exactly does lvl 4 Engine Blade do besides making your dodge all funky?

What's the point of A2's Berserker Mode?
Can you counter Berserker Mode health drain with Offense Heal?
Does her dodge/dash do anything special besides looking cool?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

I have a bunch of gameplay related questions I'm hoping someone could give me answers for.

Berserker Mode is real good when you shove on some Offense Heal and Deadly Heal chips, yeah. The dodge apparently does damage when she glows red while in Berserker mode.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jack Trades posted:

Yeah to the offense heal, deadly heal is also good, since the point is to make you a killing machine it is just introduced with the worst boss.

Edit: beaten, but I need to test it out on one of those big guys I bet they would go down real fast.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 21, 2017

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Interesting looking at the trophies and the percentage of people who have completed certain sections.

49% Have finished Route A
33% Have finished Route B.
25% Have finished Route C.

Here's the real interesting one though.

Only 18% Have finished Route C and D.

Considering all you have to do after finishing Route C or D is just go to chapter select and jump to the final choice, strange that so many people chose not to see the other end

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

theblackw0lf posted:

Considering all you have to do after finishing Route C or D is just go to chapter select and jump to the final choice, strange that so many people chose not to see the other end

I think it's because the game doesn't explicitly point you in that direction. I suspect most people will view it as a Kaidan/Ashley scenario from Mass Effect where you make a single choice and that's that.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Trophies seem really bugged in this game, though. I completed all endings but I'm still missing trophies like "clear the forest area". The trophy for finishing the desert only popped in my second play through, and a ton of other ones are missing.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

So is it possible for you to just not get a bite when fishing? It never happened before, but I just hit the forest zone and I've been sitting here for a good 5 minutes now. Not that it's much of a burden with the nice music and all, but I keep expecting the game to fake me out.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Rangpur posted:

So is it possible for you to just not get a bite when fishing? It never happened before, but I just hit the forest zone and I've been sitting here for a good 5 minutes now. Not that it's much of a burden with the nice music and all, but I keep expecting the game to fake me out.

I think so. Usually if it takes too long I just pull it out and try again. Sometimes a fish bites without pulling it in, too.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rangpur posted:

Sometimes it bugs out and you have to reel in without a catch. That's happened to me a few times. Sometimes there was even a fish on the hook.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

A pair of lovely cheap OHK deaths to that pit full of fuckers in the desert earlier cost me the only autoheal I've found so far along with a bunch of other good chips. Blarg.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?

Jack Trades posted:

The visual effects are it. The sword, and the blue warpy effects, are both used by the warpy protagonist of Final Fantasy XV. It's just a cross-over homage thingy.

Hit harder while berserk.

Yes you can. When many enemies are around, you'll get better returns out of 'deadly heal' though. Overall it seems like berserk mode is great against hordes but bad against bosses, because most of them have attack patterns where you'll need to be dodging instead of whacking, and your anger will only hurt you there. I was a little disappointed with it - there wasn't a horde of robots I couldn't just as well eviscerate in normal mode by the time A2's chapter came around.

I think you'd be better off slotting a +6 weapon attack chip and staying calm, instead of slotting a big +heal chip and going berserk.

StringOfLetters fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 21, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there a specific spot I need to fish for the pod?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there a specific spot I need to fish for the pod?

The ocean. Just keep fishing until you reel it in.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there any way to quickly change between 2B and 9S while going back to earlier parts of the game with chapter select? I know you can pick one of them before diving into the chapter, but once you are in can you switch? I ask only because there are things I see I want to hack, and having to remember where they are and get them later as 9S would be a bit of a pain.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
New interview with Yoko Taro

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/2..._medium=twitter

I found his reasons why he has multiple endings intriuging.

quote:

Why have multiple endings to your games?

The real reason behind having multiple endings is, when the entire game playthrough is too short, a lot of people would be disappointed. So, the multiple endings are meant to supplement that. Given that we’re restricted in terms of our funding and budget, it’s kind of a way to save costs by using the same stages and characters, but having a slightly repetitive nature by having you play through similar areas several times, but experience several kinds of endings through that method.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I'm just at the beginning of the game and trying my best to avoid spoilers for once, but will paths to the different endings be fairly obvious or are some of them a puzzle?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

I'm just at the beginning of the game and trying my best to avoid spoilers for once, but will paths to the different endings be fairly obvious or are some of them a puzzle?

Each route, except for the final one, is gotten to simply by continuing from the save you made at the end of the previous route.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Paths = playthroughs, don't worry about it.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Speaking of routes I just got the :coolfish: ending.

It is very fortunate I've gotten obsessive about saving every time I use a Transport. :v:

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Rangpur posted:

Speaking of routes I just got the :coolfish: ending.

It is very fortunate I've gotten obsessive about saving every time I use a Transport. :v:

This is the only ending I've got :I

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

So the best weapon is the Emil Heads, right? They talk when you use them, it's so great

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Fredrik1 posted:

This is the only ending I've got :I
Good news! There's another one you can get nearly as easily! Try removing your OS Chip.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay, enough people have been asking about a combat basics video that I got temped to make one, and did. It's strictly alright and I'm not amazing at the game or anything, but it covers the basics of determining what equipping a weapon in your light/heavy slot will determine, the different forms of combos, air juggling (something I feel like basically no one knows about), perfect dodging and the finishing moves, countering, and then a couple of very general combat tips. Also, I recorded this as a direct broadcast for the PS4 so there's a little bit of skipping in the beginning and then also at a very inconvenient time like halfway through, but oh well I tried. Here it is, please flame the poo poo out of me.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Just deleted Pascal's memory, and Christ this game is depressing.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ah so the differences are mostly exaggerated.

I don't think I was exaggerating. Like I said, the differences aren't totally derailing or anything (certainly not petition worthy, lol). Just, applied to the dialogue all throughout the game, it subtly but noticeably changes the tone of some characters compared to the original Japanese. 9S in particular comes off as jerkier imo.

Speaking of Sartre Jean-Paul, I wonder how Beauvoir would feel about her name being attached to a narcissistic robot so obsessed with abstract beauty standards she'll turn into a cannibal in order to attract a disinterested boor of a man. "Becomes a woman" indeed.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

New interview with Yoko Taro

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/2..._medium=twitter

I found his reasons why he has multiple endings intriuging.

Yoko Taro posted:

A lot of my titles are a lit bit, not unbalanced, but a little bit off. I believe that the people who have accepted my works are, similarly, a little bit off. But, that kind of life, or way of living, and understanding, we don’t want people to discard that and dismiss it. I believe that we are all the same race, and I don’t want people to dismiss that and be accepting, moreso, of all that material that could be considered ‘off’ or a little bit out of the norm.

:agreed:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Is there a dedicated PC thread or is it alright to ask about technical questions here? I get weird stutters during cutscenes and was wondering if there was a way to fix that. Same with the random frame drops and fps issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

"if you like my games you're probably mentally ill" - Yoko Taro, having just another day on the PR trail