Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

starkebn posted:

because we have to know if you like pink or blue

Wait

I have some pink football jerseys and I like wearing them

But I am married to a woman

Have I accidentally broken the gay marriage embargo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Isn't 'gender X' a legally defined gender in Australia though? And has been for years?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Been able to choose gender x on passports since 2013, I think

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
These loving degenerate law abiders! :argh:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Wait

I have some pink football jerseys and I like wearing them

But I am married to a woman

Have I accidentally broken the gay marriage embargo?

No you are a Tigers fan and hence this sort of disturbed behavior is expected.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
So the dude who got hit by a croc the other day jumping in the creek on a dare

1) Wasn't jumping in because of a dare but instead doing it to impress a woman
2) Wasn't jumping in because the woman wanted him to do it to impress her, instead wanted him to not do it
3) Had this to say afterwrds (final sentence)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

So the dude who got hit by a croc the other day jumping in the creek on a dare

1) Wasn't jumping in because of a dare but instead doing it to impress a woman
2) Wasn't jumping in because the woman wanted him to do it to impress her, instead wanted him to not do it
3) Had this to say afterwrds (final sentence)

"That's not a knife, this is a knife."

*gets pulled underwater by crocodile*

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I await the wailing and gnashing of teeth from Gerry Harvey

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

You Am I posted:

I await the wailing and gnashing of teeth from Gerry Harvey

The registered email address is a Gmail account

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I've thought a lot about which country is more racist, Australia or the UK, but I don't think it can be determined because we're racist in interestingly different ways

edit - Britain's perverse joy in Australian racism also reminds me of this Grundle classic https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jul/08/what-british-jokes-australians-mean

freebooter fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 21, 2017

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tithin posted:

The registered email address is a Gmail account

Ah poop

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
So in addition to the USA banning electronic devices larger than a mobile phone from flying from the Middle East*, we've now got the UK doing the same thing. Take solace in the fact that Dutton is crying into his morning coffee wondering why he never thought of this**

* This only applies to non-USA airlines, so it's more likely just a cartel style ban than just a purely racist one
** Dutton never had an original thought in his life, he just takes the cruelest ideas of others and goes hog wild.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Queensland does something right? What is this world coming to?

The ABC posted:

Lobbyist Catholic priest Paul Kelly has welcomed Queensland Parliament's move to scrap what he called a "homophobic, archaic and outdated law" that allowed gay panic as a partial defence for murder.

Parliament last night passed the Criminal Law Amendment Bill to amend section 304 of the code, removing unwanted sexual advances as a partial defence of provocation for murder.

The law had been a legal loophole allowing murder charges to be downgraded to manslaughter.

"I'm absolutely thrilled that the 290,000 signatures on my change.org petition and support from Queensland Attorney-General Yvette D'Ath led to the axing of this homophobic, archaic and outdated law," Father Kelly said.

"It's been a personal journey and a very emotional journey. I think this is a great victory to have everybody stand equally under the law."

Father Kelly was parish priest at St Mary's Catholic church in the Wide Bay town of Maryborough, where Wayne Robert Ruks, 45, was bashed to death in July 2008.

Jason Pearce, 43, and Richard Meerdink, 46, were jailed in 2010 for manslaughter, after claiming that Mr Ruks had made homosexual advances to Pearce when they were sitting on a bench in the church yard.

Mr Ruks, who had a blood alcohol reading of 0.338, was tackled, kicked and punched for several minutes while he was on the ground, and died from internal bleeding.

Attorney-General Yvette D'Ath said last night's legislative changes were long overdue and addressed an unacceptable inequality.

Queensland and South Australia had been the only states in the country to still allow the gay panic defence.

The LNP supported the amendment bill, with shadow attorney-general Ian Walker agreeing it was important.

Time to lift your game SA, you're meant to be the progressive state or some poo poo.

Bogan King fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 21, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Gender X sounds more exciting than male imo

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

JBP posted:

Gender X sounds more exciting than male imo

I concur.

"Shall I call you 'male' Gender X."
"No! Wolverine"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He's a hunk

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/844298540566269952

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He's not wrong

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

no, he is wrong because the lnp will never win a race to the right against pauline hanson, and even if they could they'd lose all the wet liberals who are only moderately racist as opposed to full on nazis

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/844321561129631744

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Well the 18C boondoggle continues to work as designed. The front pages of the gutter press and the airwaves of the gutter jock were full of racist bleatings to the tune of Bill Leaks Opus No18C. The Arsetralian is trumpeting that Bill Leak's death was what brought about the change. Not that anything has changed yet. I'm not a racist but, gently caress those <insert race of choice>. Multicultural means you are free to put what ever race you want in the <insert race of choice>.

The amount of hate being spewed out over Gillard becoming head of Beyond Blue is mind boggling.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Cartoon posted:

The amount of hate being spewed out over Gillard becoming head of Beyond Blue is mind boggling.

People think she's been hired as a psychologist rather than the chair of a not for profit organisation.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

QUACKTASTIC posted:

He's not wrong

1% is still a chance.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Had to watch Bolt Report last night since I was over at my folks (and I half believe my Dad just watches it when I'm around to wind me up) and in a half hour jerk off session about removing 18C he talked to Henderson about ABC bias and played a 5 second clip of Paul Barry saying "in my opinion, renewable energy is the future".

Paul Barry, in a 5 second clip from his once a week, 15 minute show.

Highlighted by Bolt in his half hour tirade against 18C (nightly) that he was personally convicted under.

ABC BIIIIIIIIIIIIASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Also out of court settlements are now called "hush money" when they want you to think it's bad. It's all so blatantly transparent.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

QUACKTASTIC posted:

He's not wrong

Please describe to me the person who previously voted PHON above ALP above LNP but is swayed by 18C

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Solemn Sloth posted:

Please describe to me the person who previously voted PHON above ALP above LNP but is swayed by 18C

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Solemn Sloth posted:

I have spoken to multiple...
Unions are good
Muslims are bad
Free speech

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It was fun working for a warehousing union for 7 years and watching the gradual slide from simmering racism to outright hatred of Muslims and Africans among members you thought were generally decent people.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Anidav posted:

I have spoken to multiple...
Unions are good
Muslims are bad
Free speech

so phon still has 3/3 while the lnp has 1/3

somehow this does not seem a winning proposition

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PHON hates unions.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BBJoey posted:

so phon still has 3/3 while the lnp has 1/3

somehow this does not seem a winning proposition

They don't need to beat PHON, they need to beat the ALP. I'm still extremely dubious that anyone who has stuck with Labor up to this point is going to be swung by tweaking of 18C.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

PHON hates unions.

Plenty of PHON voters don't know or don't care about that.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Solemn Sloth posted:

Idiots

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I was speaking to voters in Cairns...

Loves Labor
Loves Unions
Hates Muslims
Hates 18C
Loves Coal
Voting PHON

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Reminder: There are large populations of Australians without head injuries who liked Bill Leak.

EDIT:

hooman fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 22, 2017

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hooman posted:

Reminder: There are large populations of Australians without head injuries who liked Bill Leak.

Large populations is stretching it given The Australian has a paid circulation of 3, all of whom are rusted on liberal voters

Unless you mean they're all giant fatties

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

hooman posted:

EDIT:

Haha ah who made this?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

Haha ah who made this?

Found on facebook, on the abhorrent australian memes page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

hooman posted:

Found on facebook, on the abhorrent australian memes page.

Is that the abhorrent "australian memes page" or the "abhorrent australian memes page".

I'm asking for a friend.

• Locked thread