Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

Ah, that was me.

I had known of Umbert prior to posting here, but he was hard to post on the regular since he didn't post daily to the site.

This is, presumably, the last strip. It's dated 2016, so I assume this was last year's March and his illness put an end to Umbert.

if you're feeling bad about his death, then remember that he was an rear end in a top hat whose life's work was a lovely newspaper wannabe comic that endeavored to strip rights from women.
Also he was a big Playstation fanboy.

He hated gay people, natch.

He was even against frozen embryos, allowing otherwise infertile people the ability to have children.

A good right-wing soldier, he regurgitated the typical talking points.

Seriously: gently caress this guy.

He also did political cartoons for a local paper at one point, but they seem to have been lost to the ages. But there's your obit megapost for Gary Cangemi. He was a fucker who made the world a slightly worse place, and I'm glad he's dead.

I can excuse the outfits and such, but one of these unborn babbies is floating on ice in an ocean. Please explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

TheBigAristotle posted:

I can excuse the outfits and such, but one of these unborn babbies is floating on ice in an ocean. Please explain

He's a cryopreserved embryo, which is why he lacks an umbilical cord and always cries about never having a chance to be born.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Americans are really fuckin creepy about fetuses. Didn't the SA front page do a thing on memorial websites for miscarriages?

Anyway y'all are weird people and should smarten up.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say chill 'em all!

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I think Ramirez is acknowledging that. Both boats are headed over the waterfall. He's just trying to zing Democrats by saying, "You can't criticize Republicans when your plan is also made of carbon!"

If you manage to decipher the crosshatching, the GOP smashed their boat against a rock to keep from going over the waterfall.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Skippy Granola posted:

Americans are really fuckin creepy about fetuses. Didn't the SA front page do a thing on memorial websites for miscarriages?

The abortion thing is symbolic of all the central cultural conflicts in America. It isn't going anywhere.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 22, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Internet Webguy posted:

Didn't see this one posted yet.

Oh my god the Onion always delivers

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on triggering article 50 – Theresa May will trigger article 50, the formal mechanism for starting negotiations for Britain to leave the European Union, on Wednesday 29 March, the prime minister’s spokesman has confirmed" After Thelwell.

Telegraph:

Labour: Tom Watson attacks Momentum-Unite 'secret plan'

Independent:

Times:

Guardian Sport:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Skippy Granola posted:

"Your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded".

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Lets see,
Chuck Berry - Elvis Presley - Jimi Hendrix - Pete Townshend - ... Michael Angelo Batio?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah I can't place the last one, maybe Prince?

If it isn't, it *should* be Prince.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah I can't place the last one, maybe Prince?

If it isn't, it *should* be Prince.

According to a post Stiglich made on Facebook (incidentally holy hell is his website ugly) it's Eddie Van Halen.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah it pretty much had to be EVH, he's the next super high profile guitarist in the line.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Good lord do UK cartoonists love the "prominent politician is about to proudly walk off a cliff" trope. I think it's in there at least once in every UK comic post.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Skippy Granola posted:

It's not just fetuses, either. I work for a company that engraves 2D and 3D images from photos inside blocks of glass. For several years we had a contract with WalMart, where customers would bring the photo of what they wanted engraved and send it through the kiosk at WalMart. We got many pictures of stillborn and SIDS babies. Some were particularly nasty, like they'd been keeping the body around for the better part of a week before taking the picture. This was something they wanted to display on their coffee table, and they almost always came from the South. I guess that's a thing there? Anyway, we finally had to add "the deceased" to the posted list of inappropriate things to send us, alongside "nudity", "drugs", etc.

Vib Rib posted:

Good lord do UK cartoonists love the "prominent politician is about to proudly walk off a cliff" trope. I think it's in there at least once in every UK comic post.

In this country, we drive off the cliff, leftwards and oblivious to our fate as we sail into the wild blue DEBT.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Yep, Americans are really weird about it. I worked for a major printing company and they would get stillborn babies/ultrasounds printed on literally everything.

Syfe fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 22, 2017

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Cool Johnny Hart tribute.

I'm not used to Glenn McCoy being offensive only in his blandness.

Good Ol' Chip Bok posted:

Hillary lost the election to Trump. It could be that she was a weak establishment candidate while Trump tapped into a deep vein of voter anger and resentment.

Or it could be that Russians stole the election.

FBI Director Comey told the House Intelligence Committee that the latter explanation is under federal investigation. But he offered no evidence of Russian collusion with the Trump campaign to rig the election. And Director of National intelligence Clapper has also said there is no evidence.

Comey also found no evidence to support President Trump’s early morning tweet that Obama wiretapped Trump tower.

CNN reports that there’s only one known crime in this caper. Someone in the government unmasked Michael Flynn’s name as a result of the intercepted phone calls of Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

While Comey was willing to discuss the FBI investigation of the Trump campaign he was unwilling to say if the Flynn leak was under investigation. That did not please Trey Gowdy.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Now there's a GOPephant that you only need one look at to know that the "The Art of Whatever Works" is bound in human skin.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

duodenum posted:

Lets see,
Chuck Berry - Elvis Presley - Jimi Hendrix - Pete Townshend

So they're in the wrong order, then. The Who predate Hendrix.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

https://twitter.com/AnnTelnaes/status/844354965703413761

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SomeMathGuy posted:

According to a post Stiglich made on Facebook (incidentally holy hell is his website ugly) it's Eddie Van Halen.

Laaaaame

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it was Brian May.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Edible Hat posted:

I thought it was Brian May.

I thought it was Slash without a top hat.

I guess we can agree on one thing: it's awful.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

About a month ago there was a political cartoon with some great soviet/big brother/dear leader style posters of Trump - like bold three colour designs.

Does anyone remember who did them/where they are? I think it was Bors or Bennett but can't find them.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

I'm not used to Glenn McCoy being offensive only in his blandness.

Who's the guy holding Chuck Berry's guitar? THIS IS WHY WE NEED LABELS, PEOPLE

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Spoeank posted:

I thought it was Slash without a top hat.

I guess we can agree on one thing: it's awful.

Counterpoint: Van Halen rules

e

https://youtu.be/7t2cCsiPaUA

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 22, 2017

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_IYe5JTZ4

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

David Pope, on the Adani coal mine and our dying reefs and planet:

David Rowe, on SECTION 18C:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Brace yourselves folks, the duck's goin' full antisemite

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Somfin posted:

Brace yourselves folks, the duck's goin' full antisemite
Going? He's had the stereotype since the conception of the comic.

Speaking of which, when did he get hired back to doing news? I thought him being shitcanned was a story arc (or as close as he comes to one) awhile ago.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

World Famous W posted:

Speaking of which, when did he get hired back to doing news? I thought him being shitcanned was a story arc (or as close as he comes to one) awhile ago.

People bring this up now and again and the definitive answer is this: Tinsley stopped giving a gently caress years ago and is just coasting on wingnut welfare and 'fair and balanced' comics sections in papers. I defy anyone to find the strip where Mallard gets his job back.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

World Famous W posted:

No, I mean this is the first time in a very loving long time he's brought up "Mr. Noseworthy" by name. And expected people to know he meant Mallard's jewish boss.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:

David Rowe, on SECTION 18C:

Great expressions there but why does Turnbull have a bag full of dirt?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sardine Wit posted:

dirt? :shepface:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Sardine Wit posted:

Uhhhhh

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
:itwaspoo:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
All you people who don't get the mud/poo poo joke just cited please read the previous incarnations of this thread until you do. As further penance, I expect a 2000 word essay (or paper or whatever you yanks call 'em) on weather vanes.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Starshark posted:

I defy anyone to find the strip where Mallard gets his job back.

It doesn't exist, because Tinsley never bothered to draw it. Instead, he did four strips of people talking about how it should happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

• Locked thread