Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Just put Oliver in the suit to really give a wtf moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
It's Barry's son, Barry Junior. But who is his mother????

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Shut up about all this stuff that doesn't matter and watch Barry and Kara sing about what great (non-sexual) friends they are!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Wow that looks bad.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

nine-gear crow posted:

Shut up about all this stuff that doesn't matter and watch Barry and Kara sing about what great (non-sexual) friends they are!

AHH that was legitimately kind of funny. I think the musical episode could either be some kind of weird pandering crappy annoying bullshit or a really cool way to move the story along with humor, like Buffy or Dr. Horrible. I don't think that I could even put a number on the total nights that one or another song from Dr. Horrible has gotten stuck in my head out of NOWHERE, and I couldn't fall asleep for a bit. Like, I hadn't watched it in years.. and all of a sudden my brain was going "everything you eeeverrr.." and I couldn't figure out what the hell it was from and those 3 words were all that I was getting. RARRRHH :lol:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
They couldn't even be bothered to have him tap at super speed?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

nooneofconsequence posted:

Wow that looks bad.

OOps well I guess liking that preview is not universal. I don't know if I'd like it if I wasn't completely in like with Barry :/

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Liberalisim is some bullshit and the whole goddamn CW needs to get off the political dick.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

R-Type posted:

Liberalisim is some bullshit and the whole goddamn CW needs to get off the political dick.

Actually it's a welcome change from the horrors of reality, an escape, if you will

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

pee out my butt posted:

They couldn't even be bothered to have him tap at super speed?

They don't have their super powers in Music Meister world, and I am Very Upset about it :mad:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

It felt like the Speed Force was laying a serious guilt trip on Barry over Eddie's death. I mean, Barry's done a lot of terrible poo poo but he didn't create Reverse Flash or actively make him hate him and want to murder him as a child or whatever.

But yeah that episode was kind of bad. The relationship drama turned up to 11, some of the Speed Force stuff making very little sense and people just generally acting dumb. I wish they'd written an actual reason for Jessie having to face off against Savitar (like he came to retrieve the piece of the suit or something. ANYTHING would have been better.) because as it stood I was basically just screaming at her for being stupid throughout the fight.

I like the characters but the writing just feels so lazy sometimes.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

But yeah that episode was kind of bad. The relationship drama turned up to 11, some of the Speed Force stuff making very little sense

I feel like they either need to treat the speedforce as as force of nature or if it's going to decide people's fate be clear on how and why it does the things it does. As it stands its a bit of both which comes of REALLY unfair to Barry. Like Peter Parker levels of unfair. YOU let a bad guy get access to your magical bullshit and it seems like you could of prevented that. Don't let Barry take the fall for your lax enforcement of speed force rules.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I mean, Barry's done a lot of terrible poo poo but he didn't create Reverse Flash or actively make him hate him and want to murder him as a child or whatever.

Not yet - think he had some actual beef with future Flash, though?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Avalerion posted:

Not yet - think he had some actual beef with future Flash, though?
Yeah, but that was presumably in terms of "You've foiled me too many times, FLASH!" There was never any mention of Barry actually doing anything to him personally, as far as I remember. Eobard's just a dick (albeit a glorious one).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sure, keep in mind that the reason Reverse-Flash became the Flash's greatest enemy was that he travelled through time and learned that he was the Flash's greatest enemy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

R-Type posted:

Agreed, I'm tired of liberalism in the CW DC shows. I want Arrow to go back to murdering the rich

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Guy Goodbody posted:

Agreed, I'm tired of liberalism in the CW DC shows. I want Arrow to go back to murdering the rich

I'd think murdering the rich is as far Left as you can get.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Burning_Monk posted:

I'd think murdering the rich is as far Left as you can get.

Exactly, it's not Liberalism.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Things keep going the way they are and we're all gonna be murdering the rich.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Rhyno posted:

Things keep going the way they are and we're all gonna be murdering the rich.

But enough about Jed York :v:

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I just want Patty to come back. :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, keep in mind that the reason Reverse-Flash became the Flash's greatest enemy was that he travelled through time and learned that he was the Flash's greatest enemy.

Yeah. Eobard may be ridiculously smart but he's also completely unhinged from the above. He's just very quiet about it instead of chewing scenery.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is it too late to recast the Music Meister with the real life musical villain, Ryan Murphy

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Argue posted:

Is it too late to recast the Music Meister with the real life musical villain, Ryan Murphy

"American Archer Story"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just spent a long weekend with my parents and then drove for about 4 hours. Is it safe to assume that my decompression time does not need to include watching yesterday's Supergirl to be ready for tonight?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Similar to the Supergirl portion of the crossover earlier in the year there was about 45 seconds at the end leading into tonight's episode. Music Man zaps in, mesmerizes Kara somehow, opens a portal and jumps away. Kara wakes up to someone shoving her on a stage to sing. She walks up to a mic. To be continued on Flash. Cut to credits.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tree Dude posted:

Similar to the Supergirl portion of the crossover earlier in the year there was about 45 seconds at the end leading into tonight's episode. Music Man zaps in, mesmerizes Kara somehow, opens a portal and jumps away. Kara wakes up to someone shoving her on a stage to sing. She walks up to a mic. To be continued on Flash. Cut to credits.

Figured that, just wanted to check. Thanks.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

At least this time they didn't pretend it's a multi-night crossover event that starts this Monday on The CW's Supergirl!

It's just on the Flash nerds. Deal with it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

did Wally get a haircut in the speed force?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well this is delightful, though I do wish Cisco, Winn and the others were in character.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Oh boy, Joe villian song?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Goddamnit, Dig really needed to be there for the J'onn reveal.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I absolutely need this soundtrack yesterday.

e: Dads.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I do like that ditched what would of been the normal conceit of the episode of Barry and Kara not knowing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Good lord, the poo poo eating grin on Barry's face in the background

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow, Barrowman, Jesse L. Martin, and Victor Garber all singing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They lied to them in song!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

howe_sam posted:

To be fair, their song wasn't as honest as The Pina Colada song. Nobody can hide their emotions while singing that.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

I hate that.

Also, this episode was the have their Broadway trained actors sing. This is not a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh is this Rachel Bloom's song? It is!

• Locked thread