Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
gently caress the furry puns, this woman is awful

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I need that shirt.

Here's my least favorite thing ever. I would rather watch ten zit-popping videos than listen to this waddling, talking embodiment of First World Problems. You've probably seen it before, but I was trying to describe the extent of my impotent rage in another thread and this was the best descriptor I could think of in my DayQuil-addled state:

Woman has huge meltdown over Bath and Body Works Candles and one unfortunate store employee who seemingly did nothing wrong.

I have questions.

Does B&BW even get daily shipments? Most places get 'em weekly or twice a week, I just find out when the next one is.
Also, the manager explained her mistake (and I bet she explained it more thoroughly but this lady had already given into sweet sweet self-righteous anger), she mistook the smaller candles for larger ones. On paper. She didn't see the candles until they came to the store. How hard is that to figure out?

It also sounds like she should have asked about exchanging her PEACH BELLINIS for the smaller candles. I mean, that's what I would do if I loved the scent that friggin' much. This isn't a question.

This isn't a question either. She isn't owed anything. Sometimes people make mistakes, or no one makes a mistake, and it causes an inconvenience. Even a fairly large one, for day to day life, like driving an extra 15 minutes :rolleyes: I run into this kind of thinking all the time, selling stuff online & through apps. If I hosed up, I'm much more willing to work with the person, because I feel bad about loving up. If I didn't make any error, I'm sorry you don't fit into the shorts with the clearly marked tags that have "Runs small, measurements on request" in the listing, but that's not my fault. Even then, if someone is polite and willing to cover return costs, I'll work with them.

But I'm a one-woman show with ratings to worry about, not corporate. If you gently caress up as an employee and all you can do is apologize (I'm pretty sure Jen didn't have the authority to give her free anything, or she would have, if only to shut her up), that's all you can do!

Also if this is the worst thing to happen to this woman lately, I am jealous as hell of her life. Even though she lives in rural Wisconsin.

Munchables posted:

Over 20 thousand subscribers and almost 1.7 million views on that one video :psyduck:

I think most of the views and probably a significant chunk of the subs are horror-views and people subscribing for more horror. That or the woman does giveaways that require subscribing, which is not a sound strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The kind of people to make videos like that and basically live life so entitled and angry DO have far worse things going on in their life so don't envy her!

Also what's wrong with the furry puns, are you pred-judiced?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Gross Dude posted:

I can't tell if this is real or like a satire? She has a lot of videos about boycotting different stores, but if it's satire, it's not very good. Why does this video have a million views? I feel like I'm missing something.

Because there are more people outraged at the existence of SJW's than there are actual SJW's

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A former friend of mine broke up with his fiancée for a whole lot of reasons. They were both not great people but whatever.

He sends her a 15 page letter over text talking about how he deserves so much better than her.

Her response: "K"

He flips his poo poo and sends her another letter, again via text, that was 27 pages long. Again going on about how he was only with her to make her feel better or some dumb nonsense.

He showed me the whole ordeal, assuming I would side with him. I read the entire thing and when I looked up to see his :smug: :smug: :smug: face, I knew I couldn't be associated with him.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
So many pages! He must be very eloquent. He sounds like he has a writer's soul. A girl should be so lucky to land a guy like that :)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

How many pages each of "slut", "whore", "bitch", and "oval office" were there though?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

A former friend of mine broke up with his fiancée for a whole lot of reasons. They were both not great people but whatever.

He sends her a 15 page letter over text talking about how he deserves so much better than her.

Her response: "K"

He flips his poo poo and sends her another letter, again via text, that was 27 pages long. Again going on about how he was only with her to make her feel better or some dumb nonsense.

He showed me the whole ordeal, assuming I would side with him. I read the entire thing and when I looked up to see his :smug: :smug: :smug: face, I knew I couldn't be associated with him.

For a moment I thought you meant 15/27 pages of A4, not pages of texts. Christ, imagine receiving an essay about a breakup.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's exactly what I meant.

Edit: He spent the night writing it out on his computer, sent it to himself via email and copied the letter into a text, twice.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Inzombiac posted:

Edit: He spent the night writing it out on his computer, sent it to himself via email and copied the letter into a text, twice.

I wish a guy was into me so much that he wrote 15 page essays about me :/

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hedrigall posted:

I wish a guy was into me so much that he wrote 15 page essays about me :/

Nooooooo.
He did the same to me when I suggested it was a bad idea to marry a a poly girl when you know you're a serial monogamist.
I got around 12 pages and then he challenged me to a public game of chess.

I kinda wish we were still friends because he's easily the most insane person I've met.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

...did...did he automatically copy it into a text, or did he do it by hand?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Inzombiac posted:

Nooooooo.
He did the same to me when I suggested it was a bad idea to marry a a poly girl when you know you're a serial monogamist.

I kinda wish we were still friends because he's easily the most insane person I've met.

"This game of chess will decide whether I marry poly-Anna, so choose your moves carefully. There are people watching."

Also there is no way that his former fiancee didn't reply with "k" knowing the insane rage writing spree it would send him on.

I can understand spewing out a few angry texts, but writing a 15 page essay, and then copy/pasting it seems like a lot of work, and if it were me, my anger would have run out half way through writing it and so sending it would seem like a waste of time.

Is he the kind of person that takes any and all opportunity to prove how "educated" he is? Also takes any slight, no matter how slight, as a personal attack on how smart and awesome he is? And will never admit he is wrong, even over teh slightest thing forcing tiny arguments to last hours?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Slime posted:

For a moment I thought you meant 15/27 pages of A4, not pages of texts. Christ, imagine receiving an essay about a breakup.

Essay nothing, 27 pages is like a quarter of a PhD thesis

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Essay nothing, 27 pages is like a quarter of a PhD thesis

Imagine his productivity if he got married and then divorced!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BrigadierSensible posted:

"This game of chess will decide whether I marry poly-Anna, so choose your moves carefully. There are people watching."

Also there is no way that his former fiancee didn't reply with "k" knowing the insane rage writing spree it would send him on.

I can understand spewing out a few angry texts, but writing a 15 page essay, and then copy/pasting it seems like a lot of work, and if it were me, my anger would have run out half way through writing it and so sending it would seem like a waste of time.

Is he the kind of person that takes any and all opportunity to prove how "educated" he is? Also takes any slight, no matter how slight, as a personal attack on how smart and awesome he is? And will never admit he is wrong, even over teh slightest thing forcing tiny arguments to last hours?

Yes to everything. A thousand times for the last part. He loves to tell people how he "studied psychology for six years" when he means, "took six years to get his Associates". He will knowingly not correct someone when they say he had a Master's.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Inzombiac posted:

Nooooooo.

How do you not immediately accept that challenge?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

How do you not immediately accept that challenge?

Because it's the one thing he's very good at and would lord it over me publicly.
I beat him once and he refused to play again for seven months.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BrigadierSensible posted:

Should have just responded with a "."

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Inzombiac posted:

Because it's the one thing he's very good at and would lord it over me publicly.

Did he say he let you win?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

AlmightyBob posted:

I much prefer when people call, because if someone drives 30 miles to our store and finds out we don't have what they're looking for they turn into assholes.

I just figure if I drive a half hour and something isn't there, I'm the idiot for not calling to make sure. I would never think to take it out on the staff.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tykables-adult-baby-storefront_us_58d127f7e4b0be71dcf7e9ba?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Adult babbies-- always awkward

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

You should have bought a tiny Bluetooth headset and had a chess master coach you to victory.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Our class final was a group presentation where 1 essay each that we had written into a makeshift magazine related to an overall topic per group. One of the groups was doing sex ad relationships. The first essay had some good points about bdsm and abuse, because it was about 50 shades, but then she said that adult babies are cool and good. The 3rd essay for that group was by a 50 something skinny man with a stick up his rear end talking about "actually, polyamory is" while getting louder and angrier at sporadic points. When he finished he had a smug grin for some reason but idk why.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
How do people with a medical need for adult diapers feel about adult babies? Is there like, animosity there? Or do they have common webforums where they share tips etc

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Boy there are a bunch of weird fetishes people flaunt openly on the internet, aren't there!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Better than popping cats by night :ohdear:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
POP A CAT IN YOUR rear end!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

holy poo poo

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nuebot posted:

Did he say he let you win?

Nope. He would always pivot away from the topic. Subtly bringing it up just to watch him squirm a bit made my day.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Better be a matching Chris Farley one on the other leg.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Even worse, not only do they face ridicule for having desires or inclinations that exist outside of what is considered by mainstream culture to “normal,” there are few places beyond the internet to express their identity, find community or buy goods related to their interests.

I don't care if it makes me a modern day Archie Bunker, I am totally OK with adult babies not having many places to express their identity.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Maybe some people... shouldn't explore their identity? Maybe it's not an identity, just a fetish?

And you know these people want to be a part of the queer community eventually.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Do you not stand tall with your LGBTQABDL brothers and sisters???

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't care if it makes me a modern day Archie Bunker, I am totally OK with adult babies not having many places to express their identity.

Honestly it's just getting annoying when people keep conflating their fetishes with their sexuality.

And it also goes into a much longer rant (that I won't expound upon) about people who identify as a single thing. "I am a Gamer." "I am an ABDL." "I am a Furry." Like get more than one hobby for fucks sake.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
ABDL is an anagram of bald... bald people look like giant babies... holy poo poo i think i'm starting to put something together here :tinfoil:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Well, apparently HuffPo thinks they ARE part of the queer community -- it's posted in their "Queer Voices" section. I find that offensively stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's more stupid than furries wanting to be LBGT folks, but not much.

• Locked thread