Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZearothK posted:

Weapons are now associated with multiple perks, so Support applies his bonuses and gains experience with the Medic Shotgun, for example.

Ah ok, that I knew about. I read it as multiple perk lines or something :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Stanley Pain posted:

Ah ok, that I knew about. I read it as multiple perk lines or something :shobon:

Well there is that sort of. Every 5 levels you get to choose from 2 different perks that are unique for each class. So you can build your character certain ways. Moreover, you can switch your choices at will.

EDIT: For instance, you can see the choices for Beserker here: https://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Berserker_(Killing_Floor_2)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Overwined posted:

Well there is that sort of. Every 5 levels you get to choose from 2 different perks that are unique for each class. So you can build your character certain ways. Moreover, you can switch your choices at will.

EDIT: For instance, you can see the choices for Beserker here: https://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Berserker_(Killing_Floor_2)

I thought they had added more than that. Like I said I misread the post quite badly ;)

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
They posted another WWAUT, basically just confirming two new (unknown) weapons are incoming and KF-Nuked being official now.

If you haven't played Nuked before, it's a fantastic map with (obviously) nukes going off in the distance which makes the landscape windy, orange, and very exciting. It's fun.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

It's baaa-aaack...

It's ba--what the hell is this?

Oh.

Oooh...

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh yessssssssssssssssss :shlick:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
:fap:

I cannot wait. I kinda hope they spring a new character on us as well.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skoll posted:

:fap:

I cannot wait. I kinda hope they spring a new character on us as well.

Just give me Mrs. Foster or Ash please.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Yeah, they're really lacking on female characters. I guess that is what you can expect now that they're trying to make whole characters instead of simply skins. I hope they say drat the lore and add the KF1 trader as a playable character, especially if they added voice interactions with her arguing with the trader terminals over prices.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Least KF 2 shipped with a playable female character. 1 didn't have one for yeeeaaarrrssss.

I kinda hope they put both traders in though.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Please bring back the DAR :mitt:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I hope that gun shoots a million bullets with both commando ammo capacity skills. I love how the SCAR-H goes from 20 shots to 50 with them on.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Chicken Suit is the only character that matters.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Chachi posted:

Please bring back the DAR :mitt:

Not emptyquoting

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
KF 2 is probably going to have less characters than 1 since it seems like so much more work to do them.

I do kind of miss rolling around as the Grim Reaper with a tommy gun though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Skoll posted:

KF 2 is probably going to have less characters than 1 since it seems like so much more work to do them.

I do kind of miss rolling around as the Grim Reaper with a tommy gun though.

That would probably be one of the easiest to bring back, same with the robot and Chickenator

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
LMGs were always sorely lacking. Some sort of light heavy class would be awesome!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I wouldn't mind having the heavy from TF2 with his thick russian accent arguing with someone "weldin' this doah".

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Guillermus posted:

I wouldn't mind having the heavy from TF2 with his thick russian accent arguing with someone "weldin' this doah".

Would be nice if we got KF2 versions of all 9 TF2 classes(and maybe Ms Pauling, Saxton Hale, Merasmus, and Heavy's sister as well)

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
March 20th for the new goodies. Also a new comic.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They need to sel that Scully as a plushy.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Theta Zero posted:

March 20th for the new goodies. Also a new comic.

So weren't we supposed to be getting new stuff today?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

drrockso20 posted:

So weren't we supposed to be getting new stuff today?

Well, it's still the 20th in some places. I guess. I don't know, that's just what the dev post said.

SynchronizedCocks
Aug 22, 2004

If a zombie has wooden flooring... does they put it down themselves, or pay someone else to do it?
What does more damage when fighting a FP - shooting the head or the glowing thing in its chest? And if you do it with the MW gun does it make a difference?

Also if we're bringing back old characters then Hungover Santa for me please. I wanna see those piss stains in HD.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

SynchronizedCocks posted:

What does more damage when fighting a FP - shooting the head or the glowing thing in its chest? And if you do it with the MW gun does it make a difference?

Also if we're bringing back old characters then Hungover Santa for me please. I wanna see those piss stains in HD.

Both the head and glowing chest do the same amount of damage. However, the head has a separate health bar from the body and will lead to decapitation, letting you kill the Fleshpound sooner. This is usually pretty rare, though. If you're playing Sharpshooter, you don't get damage bonuses for shooting the chest.

The microwave gun is affected by critical hitboxes but in general you should aim at the ground in front of the enemy's feet instead of directly at them for the afterburn damage.

SynchronizedCocks
Aug 22, 2004

If a zombie has wooden flooring... does they put it down themselves, or pay someone else to do it?
Thanks. I've been playing KF2 for a couple months now and haven't figured out many tactics yet, other than Scrakes and FPs seem to rage a lot quicker than they used to.

Does anyone else find the general pattern of play is team finds a place to camp until things go to hell? Actually thinking about it was more or less the same in the previous game. I don't mind generally but it gets ridiculous at times. Like everyone piled into one corner of a hallway round after round holding onto those few square feet for dear life ridiculous. This is on suicidal so maybe HOE requires a different approach, but no one seems to take the time to make a good kite these days. Maybe because the maps seem smaller (to me at least).

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Thanks. I've been playing KF2 for a couple months now and haven't figured out many tactics yet, other than Scrakes and FPs seem to rage a lot quicker than they used to.

Does anyone else find the general pattern of play is team finds a place to camp until things go to hell? Actually thinking about it was more or less the same in the previous game. I don't mind generally but it gets ridiculous at times. Like everyone piled into one corner of a hallway round after round holding onto those few square feet for dear life ridiculous. This is on suicidal so maybe HOE requires a different approach, but no one seems to take the time to make a good kite these days. Maybe because the maps seem smaller (to me at least).

One of the funnest games I've had was a Suicidal with 6 25 SWATs and we just sandpapered literally everything down. Didn't camp a single wave, just ran around Evac Point as a unit.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

If you're not playing in a group that's sort of bound to happen- if there's even one person in the game who isn't communicating and playing as a team, moving means leaving at least one person behind means at least one dead person not pulling their weight means losing games. Camping a good room is an easy tactic, but not really the best one.

Skrake and Fleshie rages are tied to difficulty level, i.e. on normal Skrakes have to lose 75% of their health iirc before they rage, whereas Suicidal it's 25% or something thereabouts.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Just like any team based game, when there's one idiot who decides to run off on their own, it can mess everything up for the entire team. Drives me insane. We're all working together, then bozo is halfway across the map getting obliterated

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I read that the update is during the week of the 20th. I was confused and disappointed too that it wasn't on the 20th.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
KF 2 update just got pushed out. It's 1.1gb.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
LMG loving oowwwnnnsss

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Skoll posted:

LMG loving oowwwnnnsss

What class uses it

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

alg posted:

What class uses it

Commando.

The firebug flareguns with zed time infinite ammo are glorious.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm really liking the descent and I was not expecting the LMG to shoot so fast.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I can't join any multiplayer servers on The Descent, gives me an error about being unable to download mall_assets. My buddy is having the same problem, but we can both play it solo offline just fine.

The LMG is fun but it doesn't feel like it really plays to Commando's strengths. It would be a much better weapon for 1100 instead of 1500. It is entertaining though.

Nuked is great, had a lot of fun on it.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Laputanmachine posted:

Commando.

The firebug flareguns with zed time infinite ammo are glorious.

Two firebugs dual wielding flareguns in Zed time is a sight to behold for sure. EVERYTHING IS DEAD AND ON FIRE AND EXPLODING AND IT'S AWESOME untill the big guys roll in cause that this does not have the big damage. But 2 of them are a nice sidearm to the Microwave for sure.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

aniviron posted:

I can't join any multiplayer servers on The Descent, gives me an error about being unable to download mall_assets. My buddy is having the same problem, but we can both play it solo offline just fine.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/661307019741125880

e: actually I guess that suggested fix is for issues starting the game, not about the mall assets thing

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I liked Descent, plays exactly like I expected it to, with a variety of arenas until the final round. It is a bit annoying that when fighting the Patriarch he retreats to a part of the map inacessible to players in order to heal, but we still capped his fleeing rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
*tries to rebind toggle/hold ironsights*

*game hard locks*

*tries to access controls again*

*game hard locks*

Yep. That's the quality Tripwire programming I've been missing.