Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

The title says it all.

Me [42 M] with my Son "roger" [16 M] , has started wearing facepaint anytime he goes out and has started hanging out with a girl that is a bad influence

submitted 2 years ago by Sonisajuggalo

The actual story itself is not nearly as entertaining unfortunately, just your standard teenage NO DAD YOU SHUT UP

For content, here's a tale of a skeevy brother.

My (20 M) brother (18 M) has become obsessed with my fiancee (21 F) of 2 years, caught him stealing dirty pictures of her off of my phone, got worse and worse.

There is an update but it's been deleted if anyone wants to try and dig it up.

From the comments it sounds like the parents ended up pulling the old "well if your brother can't come to the wedding then I guess we won't either" bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

fruit on the bottom posted:

Once when camping and it was a downpour outside and I didn't want any of that at 2 in the loving morning.

unzip flap slightly, stick your pinky out and do your business.

I've also pissed in a bottle, in bumper to bumper traffic, my commute was typically 30-45 minutes, I had been in the car 2 hours and hadn't passed an exit for an hour, the power seats that tilt forward were a godsend for this, and a gatorade bottle with the large top.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

MF_James posted:

I've also pissed in a bottle, in bumper to bumper traffic, my commute was typically 30-45 minutes, I had been in the car 2 hours and hadn't passed an exit for an hour, the power seats that tilt forward were a godsend for this, and a gatorade bottle with the large top.

Just park, get out and pee.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Pvt.Scott posted:

Just park, get out and pee.

While funnier, I don't want to end up as a dot on the sex offender radar because I whipped it out on the highway.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

MF_James posted:

While funnier, I don't want to end up as a dot on the sex offender radar because I whipped it out on the highway.

This doesn't actually happen, sex offenders say they got caught pissing in an alley because they don't want to admit they are child molesters

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

pissing in an alley on an eight-year-old

on the other hand apocalypse traffic might be the one case where the bottle's just pragmatic, cause now if someone cuts you off you've got a grenade

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
It doesn't count when you're drunk and pee somewhere inappropriate. I keep telling myself this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im not exactly well versed on the granularities of sex offender laws, but I think some states specifically call out in their legal codes that urinating in public or similar acts is not enough to put you on the list.

poo poo in Lousiana pissing on a cop in public aka the Whirlybird is just some time in the slammer and one life altering beating.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MF_James posted:

Might be better off sticking your penis out and keeping your hands inside.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Haifisch posted:

My friends and gf [24-25 M/F] getting more into drugs, not sure how to respond

This post is about drugs (specifically cocaine) and how to respond to its affect on my relationships.

Apologies if its a bit jumbled, I have a lot of thoughts on this and they're not fully ordered yet. Have edited a bit to help.

So in the last few months my social circles have been getting more into drugs. Last year I would occasionally use weed, mdma and ketamine some of them would use more often, some none at all. Once or twice some of my friends took cocaine, which for some reason provokes a really strong negative and emotional reaction from me. I hate the culture of it - slimy rich kids trying to look exclusive, the cost, and the mere act of snorting a powder. I've seen my friends have bad comedowns from it. The moreishness of it makes me uncomfortable - the high is short lived so when you've bought an amount you tend to finish it. I think its particularly dangerous in how its not confined to a night out or a big concert - it can be taken during the day or at night, at home or out. Aside from all of this, ethically its production is really disastrous for South American countries - e.g. Colombia has been ravaged by cocaine- fuelled civil wars.

I have never tried it myself (because of all these reasons), but I've spoken to enough friends who have to get what I think is a fair picture of what its like - the addictiveness and the culture specifically. I probably would really enjoy the high, but that's besides the point.

The issue is that recently my friends and SO have become more interested in taking cocaine (and other drugs). We talk about it more at dinner. It's more of a group focus, and its making me very uncomfortable. When my friends smoke more weed than I'm happy with for myself, I find it easy to stop but to still be sociable and chat with them. Its different for me with cocaine - I can't just sit and chat with them while they're railing lines, I feel too uncomfortable and excluded. The topic of cocaine evokes such a strong negative feeling in me that it really sets me on edge. I'm not really sure why I have such a hard distinction between cocaine and mdma. I believe that the strength of my opinion is irrational

The problem is this: I find that I'm excluding myself emotionally from my friends and SO by this strong aversion to coke - I shut down when they talk about it, and I become paranoid that my SO is taking it if she's out. The strong emotional response is harming my relationships, because I'm isolating myself. I also feel like I can't talk to any of them about it, because that will isolate me more - its one thing for me to isolate myself in my own mind, but I think it would be worse if they all knew how uncomfortable I was: I would feel more excluded if they were aware. Particularly with regards to my SO, I don't want to say anything because then it comes across like I'm trying to control her actions, which is the last thing I want to do. I don't want her to feel like being with me means she can't take part in certain activities with her friends which she might want to. I also feel scared that if I tell her I feel uncomfortable when she does cocaine and she keeps doing it that I'll feel worse about it, like she's choosing the drug over me.

It seems like theres this big stigma in my mind over cocaine (compared to other drugs that I'm willing to do), and its causing this negative emotional response in me (feeling paranoid, depressed about my friendships and relationship, generally affecting my mood and concentration). This is harming my relationships with those around me who take cocaine.

The thought has occurred to me that maybe I should try it once, to remove some of the stigma and hopefully I'll be more accepting of their choices afterwards.
I don't want their personal choices to drive a wedge between me and them. I should stress that their behaviour is not excessive or dangerous, it is very much occasional use. The wedge is of my own creation - the possibility of them using is enough to unsettle me, their actual use is fully within reason - and this is why I've put given this post the 'personal' tag.

tl;dr: I want to be okay with my friends and gf taking cocaine as its their choice, but I have this strong and probably irrational opinion against it. How should I move forward?

imo this one was underappreciated. very strong progression from 'here are all of the reasons why doing coke is a bad idea' to 'how do i overcome my reluctance to snort mad lines'

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

It's almost certainly Overwatch

winner winner chicken dinner

"wtf124124 posted:

It's a black zip up hoodie with the overwatch logo on it and it says "overwatch" on the arm.

bonus: what happens when she invites her husband to play?

"wtf124124 posted:

"It's gay" apparently.

I dunno, I've tried. Not his cup of tea.

He trolls me and makes references all the time about it being "high noon", call me a Hanzo main, and will block my path in doorways claiming he's Mei. I find that so funny and cute but then he does this and it ruins it.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

purple death ray posted:

This doesn't actually happen, sex offenders say they got caught pissing in an alley because they don't want to admit they are child molesters

Let me give you some info:

http://www.criminallawyerillinois.com/2011/11/08/illinois-public-indecency-laws-explained/

https://www.chicagocriminallawyer.pro/public-indecency-indecent-exposure.html

So it CAN be, it is up to the officer (and court) discretion. Not saying it WILL happen but it CAN happen.

This also hit somewhat close to home already, my brother was arrested when he was 18 for pissing in an alley behind a dumpster (they also had open cans of beer and poo poo) and they pushed for it to be public indecency which would have resulted in him being a registered sex offender.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

pinky extended is what keeps it classy

PleasingFungus posted:

imo this one was underappreciated. very strong progression from 'here are all of the reasons why doing coke is a bad idea' to 'how do i overcome my reluctance to snort mad lines'

it got a little overshadowed by the world's biggest wiener getting dragged into a supporting role in The Wire, mewling ineffectually all the way

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, hes right, it is pretty gay.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it got a little overshadowed by the world's biggest wiener getting dragged into a supporting role in The Wire, mewling ineffectually all the way

that one was good too. all posts deserve love

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't want to piss on the tent with my micropeen

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

Solid husbanding right there

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

PleasingFungus posted:

this dude knows an awful lot about overwatch considering it's too gay to play

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
oh my god

vasnormandee posted:

Is it possible he dislikes this hoodie in particular because it's for a game he doesn't play or doesn't like? Someone else pointed out this is the one game you play by yourself, so it's something unique to you individually... maybe he has issues with you having your own interest here?

wtf124124 posted:

I believe so. We met on Halo 3 many years ago and I have an infinite amount of Halo shirts and it's never been a problem.

I believe he feels intimidated because I have an extreme love for this game. It doesn't bother me that he doesn't play it. I've tried including him. We play other games together but Overwatch is the first game where I've become extremely skilled at and play competitively.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

he stuck his needler in me

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There it is, he can't handle that a GIRL is better than him at a video game

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

halo 3 is a sexy game imo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i never got how people meet each other through games like that

Like, was he just handling that plasma rifle like a champ and you struck up a flirty conversation in between rounds or what?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Moridin920 posted:

Like, was he just handling that plasma rifle like a champ and you struck up a flirty conversation in between rounds or what?

You send enough girls dick pics over Xbox live, eventually one of them is gonna shrug her shoulders and reply.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
man I guess so lol

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Or, you know, they group up in game, end up chatting, and so on. Like somewhat normal people.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

La Brea Carpet posted:

LOL the dude is doubling down in the comments that there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that the pissing guy is getting any kind of sexual thrill out of this.

Edit to add

Yeah dude is legit taking advantage of a delayed and/or autistic person
Either that or they're both in incredible denial about this:

quote:

v4l_c0d [s] [score hidden] 4 hours ago

Well, I do ask for more, but it's always very subtle and non-sexual. It's pretty much just me encouraging him to do somethin he already intends to do.

And yeah, I did tell him about it before, but not about the peeing. Besides, it was over a year ago. Maybe he thinks I'm not attracted to him anymore.

[–]Godokka [score hidden] 4 hours ago

Idk man..seems kinky. I think he's pretending to be oblivious.

[–]v4l_c0d [S] [score hidden] 4 hours ago

If that's the case, I just hope he opens up to me.

I just think he's more into the feeling of wrongdoing, since he always asks me how I'd punish him for peeing on the floor.

[–]Godokka [score hidden] 3 hours ago

That's kinky as poo poo. Sounds like the whole dom sub thing or that thing where people wear dog muzzles.

[–]v4l_c0d [S] [score hidden] 3 hours ago

Indeed, but if he says it's not sexual, who am I to question it.

quote:

v4l_c0d [S] [score hidden] 4 hours ago

Well, he's always been an exhibitionist in a non-sexual way (as in a nudist, pretty much), so I don't think being naked necessarily means something sexual to him. Since we're both really into being nude, I guess he think I only see it that way too.

He's never shown any signs of being uncomfortable doing that. The last time he sent me a vid, I didn't even ask for it.
Just two bros, really into being nude and swapping pissvids, as bros do.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

purple death ray posted:

You send enough girls dick pics over Xbox live, eventually one of them is gonna shrug her shoulders and reply.

God I'd be terrified by the idea of meeting a girlfriend through an online game. Nothing good can come of that, nothing.

Fullhouse posted:

obviously it depends on where you live but dog-friendly apartments are pretty common around me and I imagine most cities

It actually varies a lot between cities. In Santa Cruz/ the bay area I barely managed to find a place after months of searching, in Las Vegas nearly every apartment complex allows dogs; usually there is a pet deductible that's paid back if there's no damage.

Honestly, I understand being closer to a dog than a person. I've had my dog for 15 years, since I was 13. He went with me to college, he's lived abroad with me, and he's seen probably 15 girlfriends come and go. I wouldn't say I prioritize him over my current gf of two years. At the same time if for some bizarre reason she asked me to choose between them, I'd have to go with the dog out of loyalty.

Yawgmoth posted:

This is my new favorite Chris Farley story.

What's your old favorite Christ Farley story?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Haifisch posted:

Either that or they're both in incredible denial about this:

Just two bros, really into being nude and swapping pissvids, as bros do.

quote:

I just think he's more into the feeling of wrongdoing, since he always asks me how I'd punish him for peeing on the floor.

Hahahaha this line, right above and beneath the lines where he insists that it isn't sexual at all because his friend told him so. Hilarious.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Okay I know calling things fake is lame but "he always asks me how I'd punish him for peeing on the floor" is flying too close to the sun on the fake obliviousness.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Play posted:

What's your old favorite Christ Farley story?

I like the one where he makes enough bread and fish to feed a crowd but eats it all himself while they watch

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Moridin920 posted:

The plasma rifle is a scrub tier weapon in H3.

:goonsay:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whatever those games sucked after they nerfed the pistol because babbies would cry about getting head shotted in blood gulch anyway

H2 was ~okay~ but everything else was kinda just rehashed garbage with some cool single player missions.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I (17m) am a juggalo/ICP fan. My family is not accepting me for who I am.

quote:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hi everyone, I'm John. So my childhood wasn't the best, my parents were both cannabis addicts and alcoholics until I was about twelve. I was taken in by my aunt while they were in rehab and was reluctantly given back to them when I was thirteen. They were clean again, and even though there was a lot of negotiating going on, my parents won the case and got me back. Don't ask how, it seems very strange to me but I've never asked.

I didn't have many friends, or much family that cared apart from that one aunt. The time I was away with her was hell. I changed schools and the little i had left with my parents was officially gone. I was alone and as sad as I'll ever be. At thirteen I still hadn't found ICP, I found them when I was fifteen. Even though I was a troubled child I never resorted to online help or anything I just stayed home like a hermit after school and did absolutely nothing.

My parents changed a lot and I was actually pretty happy with them when I moved back aside from some arguments here and there. I loved them and was happy to be back. I made some friends when I moved back since I also changed schools again. They were great, "normal" people. I still talk to them now and again.

Anyway! The problem: I started becoming heavily involved with ICP and juggalos and became entirely one of them and I couldn't be happier. I love them, every juggalo I meet is like my instant family. I've been to gatherings, and I've never felt more at home.

The problem is my parents aren't accepting of this at all. Despite their rubbish past, they still feel like they have control over me. I told them last year about my obsessions and instantly they stopped talking to me the way they used to. They're much colder now and refuse to treat me like their son. I'm just someone who lives with them now. They've also told my family and friends, and now they're judging me too.

I'm not sure what to do. Every time I talk to them they try to hear me out but it's as if i can't find an excuse that would be good enough. They keep saying it's strange and they care about me and don't want me getting involved with weird people. My father also said, "we've had enough to deal with in our own lives, if you want to go ahead and wreck yours up I'm not getting involved".

Please tell me how to fix this? I want to remain a juggalo, these people are the ones that have helped me more than anyone has. If you need to ask more questions please do so :) thanks in advance guys.

TLDR My family is not accepting of me being a juggalo. I had a very bad childhood as they were both drug addicts and alcoholics. Now that I'm happy and they're clean and I'm back with them they've decided they don't want to get involved with me if I'm a juggalo. What to do?
The cycle of white trash is as tragic as it is predictable.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Lol "cannabis addicts."

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

is something you confess to the judge and express deep and sincere regret over so that you can get your damned kid back (or get you sentenced reduced, get out on parole, etc.)

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

when someone starts out by saying "Long time lurker, first time poster" you immediately know they're a huge goddamn dweeb

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hmm

quote:

Me [33 F] with my husband [30 M] 6.5 years. Guys, my husband shows love with "jokes" that are actually insults; never saying anything actually positive or nice. How can I just understand him and not get down on myself? Does he actually care or am I just naive?Relationships
submitted 15 minutes ago by Texas355

I really think that my husband cares a lot for me. But he was raised to be very non-emotional. He was raised in a family that uses insults to show love. So that's what he does with me. The thing is we're a military family and move a lot. Plus, we live really far away from everyone we know and we have no support system with a few kids. So I'm really alone all the time. He's really the only adult I interact with regularly in a close way. I talk to other moms and stuff like that but don't have super deep convos, hope you know what I mean, those relationships take a while to grow and I just don't have that in my situation.

So, I'm at the point now that I've gone years with no good things said to me about myself and on top of that, he insults me a lot, always "joking". Logically, I get it, that is him showing me he cares right?? I mean, right? I hope so. The insults wouldn't really get to me if there was anything else to counter that. If he would tell me good things.

He is such a loving amazing guy you know? Our family is his main priority, he treats me really well in every other way, we have so much fun together, sex is amazing, I could go on and on. It's just this issue. I know I should be able to get past it but I just get so down on myself. It gets really bad sometimes after he'll say a certain type of "joke" that just really cuts me. I'm getting to this place where I believe his "jokes". I feel utterly worthless.

I have talked about this with him many times but he either gets defensive and we end up fighting and never talking about the actual issue (it's not his job to make me feel good about myself I should be able to do that myself) or he actually listens but doesn't change. I honestly think he just absolutely doesn't know how. I've offered to send him a list of some nice things he could say and he can just choose the ones he feels are true. He thinks it's a horrible idea and refuses to even give it a try. I don't know what else to do.

I guess at this point I'm just looking for a new perspective. I'd love for some guys to help me change the way I think about this whole thing. I know my husband cares, he just doesn't show it in any way. He's SO good at masking everything.

tl;dr: My husband masks all emotions and uses insults as a way to show he cares, as that's how he was raised. I'm starting to believe those things because he never says anything good to me. I think he really does care but I think he just has absolutely NO idea how to say it or show it. I feel like I've tried all I can think of and am now just trying to find a different perspective. I have to find a way to change because I don't think he can/will.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

New perspective: kill this man, eat his bones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
signs

quote:

Me [28 M] with my coworker [23 F] of one year, confusing (possibly romantic?) interactions[new]
submitted 19 minutes ago by instron

The first time I met this girl, after my interview about a year ago, we talked for an hour, then she offered to walk me out and asked me for my number. I was married, so I politely deflected. I got the impression that she was leaving the job soon and didn't expect I would ever interact with her much.

Over the next few months I got divorced, she came back in a different position, and we kept up (what I considered) a consistent, low-grade flirtation. I would always give her a hard time about meaningless things, while also smiling at her a lot and going out of my way to chat with her. She would find excuses to walk or sit with me, and gave me a little trinket while we were drinking at a work party. When I threw myself a birthday party, she went out of her way to attend, and my other guests told me later that the chemistry was obvious. At the same time, though, I casually invited her to hang out with me many times, sometimes one-on-one and sometimes in groups, and she always had an excuse. I took this as a clear sign that she wasn't interested in pursuing anything, so I didn't pursue anything.

A couple of months ago she shyly asked me to go to a concert with her and another coworker, and we had a great time and (I felt like) we really started making a connection. I was about to ask her out the next day, but before I could she told me that she was taking some time off from dating. Then she added, "I'll let you know," which I took as a clear signal that she wasn't interested in pursuing anything then, so I didn't pursue anything.

A month or so later, I was drinking with some coworkers from another team when she wandered in and we invited her to join us. She and I proceeded to give each other shots of rum and have an incredibly intimate conversation, including discussing highly personal details of our sexuality, completely tuning out everyone around us. It was the most intimate moment I'd shared in ages. And then she followed it up with a rant about how she always loses her guy friends when they develop feelings for her. I told her, a little later, that I was confused, that I couldn't tell if she was afraid I was going to ask her out or afraid I wasn't going to ask her out. She said she didn't want me to ask her out, that it would make her uncomfortable. I told her that I couldn't be that close to her without a romantic relationship, that I would still be her friend but would have to maintain that emotional boundary. And when I told her plainly that I liked her, she told me "I'm sorry, I can't" and asked me not to bring it up again.

That's all pretty clear, right? So why am I asking the internet for advice? Because in the subsequent weeks she has continued to show classic flirting behavior toward me, engage me in deep conversations, imply that I remind her of her dad, follow my social media presence obsessively, comment in (complimentary) detail on my posture and even hinted that I should accompany her on a trip she's planning. She asked me to go out for coffee one afternoon and paid for mine, and today I'm pretty sure she was trying to get me to have dinner with her after work. But the thing that confuses me the most is the looks she gives me like she's in love with me.

It has turned out that I like this girl quite a lot, and it's painful to pass up on these obvious invitations. While I fully believe in taking a hint and moving on, which hint am I supposed to take? My best guess is that she's as confused as I am, and twice as conflicted, in which case I should probably leave her alone to let her figure herself out. But if that's so, I still have to figure out how to navigate a friendship and working relationship with her. Does anyone have a better guess or course of action?

tl;dr: I work with a wonderful girl who is sending mixed messages about how she feels about me. How can I maintain a warm working/friend relationship with her while keeping open the possibility of a romantic relationship if and when she's interested?