Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Goat Heist's fine- it's just the damage and enemy numbers changes (and the fact that people don't use the car as mobile cover) that make it unreasonable.

This can be said about a lot of maps, frankly.

Hell, I would say that Scarface mansion, as much as I like it, would be way more reasonable under the pre-Housewarming numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I still want my Undertale pack.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

UnknownMercenary posted:

Hell, I would say that Scarface mansion, as much as I like it, would be way more reasonable under the pre-Housewarming numbers.
I think all the maps in the game are more reasonable under the old values, personally

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
understand that this is going to be the 4th female heister for a full valkyrie team:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

gently caress you nerds, a warcraft heist would own. And be an amazing get by overkill, too. Blizz doesn't hand out its IP for crossover stuff willy-nilly. (or at all, right?)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm just going to hope the Flint is the FN-F2000.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chairface posted:

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.

Hold my beer

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Drewjitsu posted:

gently caress you nerds, a warcraft heist would own. And be an amazing get by overkill, too. Blizz doesn't hand out its IP for crossover stuff willy-nilly. (or at all, right?)

Could you imagine just how much exposure a Warcraft crossover would give Payday 2? That isn't something to sneeze at. I also think a Warcraft heist would be badass.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
If there is going to be a Blizzard crossover, it should be Junkrat and Roadhog as heisters. They already robbed a bank in their own universe.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Discendo Vox posted:

I would agree if they had higher or representative participation, but they tend to be poorly attended to; its function is closer to bread and circuses.

I've been trying to tell them that they need to run streams with a proper regular schedule if they want them to actually get a community around it, but it's been falling on deaf ears, which is why we're stuck with the same 100 person turnout every time. I mean, we are busy, which contributes to not running them regularly, but why bother with them when they take up time for no payoff?

Wilko fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 22, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wilko posted:

I've been trying to tell them that they need to run streams with a proper regular schedule if they want them to actually get a community around it, but it's been falling on deaf ears, which is why we're stuck with the same 100 person turnout every time. I mean, we are busy, which contributes to not running them regularly, but why bother with them when they take up time for no payoff?
I want to frame this post.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Please no infinite infamy, that would be stupid as gently caress. Of course, Overkill can be reliably depended upon to come up with something just as silly if not more so.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wastrel_ posted:

Please no infinite infamy, that would be stupid as gently caress. Of course, Overkill can be reliably depended upon to come up with something just as silly if not more so.
Oh lawd no, I'm almost to 25 and wanted to buck to stop there :gonk:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Oh lawd no, I'm almost to 25 and wanted to buck to stop there :gonk:

Once you hit 25, then it's time to start going for 100% achievements.

There is no true escape.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tempest_56 posted:

Once you hit 25, then it's time to start going for 100% achievements.

There is no true escape.
I know :( I just want to be done infamying once I am at 25. Its such a hassle to manage and re-do all my builds every time.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Wilko posted:

Then stop suggesting things to Jules.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Wilko posted:

has the idea of appointing streaming surrogates come up? it's a little hard to swallow sometimes, but i have basically been undertaking this strategy with my own LP channel, slowly transitioning to the point where i simply show up, add my knowledge and expertise, and take the video at the end as my 'payment.' in the ~2.5 months since i started doing it, it has so far doubled my rate of subscriber acquisition and the curve keeps trending upward as i publish more often. treating the surrogates like partners by slapping them with NDAs and such typically works to communicate that this is serious.

instead of the high effort stuff that the team currently does, it may instead be better to simply let 2-3 devs take long a 90 minute staggered lunch once a week to sit on a skype call with the surrogates, shoot the poo poo, and answer questions from people who show up. that way you only lose one man's productivity at any one time, but you can still support a 'normal' ~4 hour stream.

obviously there is the spin-up problem of finding people who will be reliable, entertaining, and not likely to be insanely something-ist on camera, but overkill already has a long list of news surrogates you could start the search with - if nothing else, i'd be extremely surprised if vox could not help assemble a streaming team from his contacts that would be varied, interesting, and reasonably skilled.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

I know :( I just want to be done infamying once I am at 25. Its such a hassle to manage and re-do all my builds every time.

And me, I'm the opposite; I like watching numbers get larger, and kind of fell off the game once I ran out of numbers to make larger, so I'd be okay with Infinite Infamy.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
leaked new enemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrIqfBovvSw

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

clockworkjoe posted:

leaked new enemy

better get out the RPG that shoots drills.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Coolguye posted:

has the idea of appointing streaming surrogates come up? it's a little hard to swallow sometimes, but i have basically been undertaking this strategy with my own LP channel, slowly transitioning to the point where i simply show up, add my knowledge and expertise, and take the video at the end as my 'payment.' in the ~2.5 months since i started doing it, it has so far doubled my rate of subscriber acquisition and the curve keeps trending upward as i publish more often. treating the surrogates like partners by slapping them with NDAs and such typically works to communicate that this is serious.

It lets you drink more, too

Wilko posted:

I mean, to be fair, they're trying to mediate their message through the die-hard streamers/youtubers/clans who will show up no matter the scheduling.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I just connected the dots. It's probably a no-DLC grenade launcher.This fits the stereotype of Goblin weaponry from WoW, and would explain the smaller number of achievements, and is something they've been talking about adding to the game.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

For cops whose country won't give them old tanks and MRAPs but who are still giant cowards who can't face a group of unarmed people without armored vehicles

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

chairface posted:

For cops whose country won't give them old tanks and MRAPs but who are still giant cowards who can't face a group of unarmed people without armored vehicles

Nah, it has a bunch of body cams attached.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Just take infamy up to 30 and let it die there, end on a nice XXX.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Just take infamy up to 30 and let it die there, end on a nice XXX.

9999. Just you watch. There'll be a statue trophy.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

999. Just you watch. There'll be a statue trophy.
Would they just keep giving you more and more experience multipliers?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Would they just keep giving you more and more experience multipliers?

Yes, up to infamy 100. Everything past that is masks, drills, and madness.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes, up to infamy 100. Everything past that is masks, drills, and madness.
They'll be assholes and have like...1 permanent extra skill point every 50 Infamy levels or something equally heinous.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

They'll be assholes and have like...1 permanent extra skill point every 50 Infamy levels or something equally heinous.

Special weapon skins. No, wait, an improvement to the rarity or condition of skin drops.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

The cheat detection system seems to be off - I've played in several games with obvious cheaters (invincible, infinite ammo etc) but were not labeled cheaters.

I also hosted a game where a player got kicked at the last second by throwing too many grenades. He seemed normal, at least to me - went down, ran out of ammo etc. Could the auto cheat kicking system be confused by that skill that lets you regen grenades by picking ammo boxes?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

clockworkjoe posted:

The cheat detection system seems to be off - I've played in several games with obvious cheaters (invincible, infinite ammo etc) but were not labeled cheaters.

I also hosted a game where a player got kicked at the last second by throwing too many grenades. He seemed normal, at least to me - went down, ran out of ammo etc. Could the auto cheat kicking system be confused by that skill that lets you regen grenades by picking ammo boxes?

Earlier today I saw an utterly baffling cheater. Dude was VII-0 or so and had ICTV and 11 first aid kits. Why cheat obviously like that and not cheat your level? If you're going to cheat, why not cheat to have 14 faks instead of 11? :psyduck:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

clockworkjoe posted:

Having played with trainer junk on this game long ago when there was seemingly no anti-cheat, some people just do mundane things with them, I never really went nuts and turned myself invincible or wallhacked or had infinite ammo anything, most of the time I ended up using it to troubleshoot (Proceed to next day) levels getting bugged and stuff really. I haven't bothered getting a new version of any of that ever since, but there's probably a decent enough chunk of people with them that just do things similar to what I did, then there's idiots like the one being described above me.

On rare occasion I would use the functions that made cops split into more on death, then the one that made bomb bags rain down for shits and giggles though.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Found a bug for birth of sky: during the sewer escape, one guy went into custody. He was counting down when we reached the boat. Locke kept telling us to all get into the boat. Invisible wall blocked the tunnel out. Spent 5 minutes clicking cops then someone else went into custody and the scripting moved forward so we could proceed.

BTW if you want to rack up kills, the sewers on birth of sky are great - everyone jumps in from manholes and they're all bunched together. Shotgun builds do very well there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

BTW if you want to rack up kills, the sewers on birth of sky are great - everyone jumps in from manholes and they're all bunched together. Shotgun builds do very well there.

Very interesting- I'll give it a try with my killgrinding build sometime.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

I wound up with 318 kills and 200 were in the last 5 or so minutes. I played on mayhem btw

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The built in cheat detection only detects if you carry more than one bag at once (false positives susceptible to lag), or place too many deployables. It used to flag you for throwing more than 3 grenades in a heist (also gave false positives due to latency) but I'm sure that got removed with the introduction of things like Shurikens. It also functions mainly as an anti-piracy measure: it will flag you as a cheater if you are using a DLC item or character you don't own or host a DLC map you don't own. This applies to weapon skins as well, which again, throws up lots of false positives when Steam services are down, or even if you just switch profiles a bunch. There's no way to detect things like infinite health or ammo; the game doesn't even have a basic check for something like having too many skillpoints - third party mods had to fill the gap.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

9999. Just you watch. There'll be a statue trophy.

Like I said, once you get this trophy & Robbedacop the two statues will be hi-fiving.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

UnknownMercenary posted:

For all the mods to this game that exist, is there something that like, reverts the enemy spawn tables back to the pre-Housewarming state? I'm just thinking that this is a game I spent years and 1000+ hours playing, and now we have new levels and heisters and mod packs that I didn't bother buying at all, let alone on Day 1. In fact, I haven't touched the game in ages since so many of the changes made result not so much in "challenge" but in "tedium." It feels like it's always two Bulldozers, always four Shields. Tazers and Cloakers were annoying, but now you like, rarely ever get hit by them.

The fact that Almir wears a red "Make Payday Great Again" hat while simultaneously stripping out what made it so in favor of stuff that nobody thinks is a good idea except for a vocal minority is becoming more and more apropos.

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Gage Russian Pack announced. Looks like it's all coming out at once this time: http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/russianweaponpack/

I hate to start immediately bitching, but why does every weapon that comes out seem to have only one extra mag for it?