Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If NASA's research gets mired down in bullshit (I kinda doubt it will tbh, this is a ton of posturing imo) then other agencies around the world will pick up the slack I think.

Cali is already making noise about launching our own satellites up if they won't let NASA do it for example.

e: or like

http://fortune.com/2017/03/20/satellites-bill-gates-buffett-omidyar/

The can of worms has long since been opened, they're not gonna be able to stop climate research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

essentially, we're still all going to watch civilization as we know it shrivel in our twilight years, but we'll also still be able to measure exactly how bad we're hosed

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
p much

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
why the gently caress are the people who where hyping the concert jungle as the best thing ever and that those living with more than 5 trees around you are loving knuckle dragging dumb-os pretending like they give two shits about the environment?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

USSAr posted:

why the gently caress are the people who where hyping the concert jungle as the best thing ever and that those living with more than 5 trees around you are loving knuckle dragging dumb-os pretending like they give two shits about the environment?

Living in a centralized area to minimize damage to the environment=bad

also having lived among those knuckle dragging dumbos who had regular complaints of "why can't I start fires in my own yard" "why can't I just dump this oil down the drain" "why does big brother government not let me collect my own rainwater" "and the DNR are fascist pigs", so no I don't think they are environmentally conscious in the slightest.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
"gently caress that I'm going to water my (very small) lawn whenever I want"

- California guy

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I mean, I don't pay attention to your opinion, because it's exceedingly dumb, but I'm assuming your mad because you really like drinking poo poo in your water?

I have a Berkey water filter so I'm good. I like how you only give a poo poo about the environment when the issue can be used as ammunition against a president that's not on your team. Under who's presidency did the Flint water crisis and Colorado river spill happen? Where the was the EPA? Oh yeah but it's somehow The other teams fault. About 50 pages ago I made the argument that the EPA has become a politically motivated corrupt organization who stated goal of protecting the environment has fallen by the wayside and gave examples to state my case. You and the rest of the progressive JV squad had no answers then and you still don't. Either party will gladly gently caress the environment if it's worth their while and won't lose them to many of their constituents.
I just pretend to be dumb on this thread for fun and lols. I like to gently caress with the REAL lovely posters regardless of political belief. You really are a stupid hysterical fear mongerer useful idiot chump and it's not an act. Worst of all you're not funny. You wanna go throw batteries at Tim Allen with me later? Lol.

Please feel free to respond with one of your standard responses like lol you dumb, you mad?, lol conservative tears, (Even though I'm not a conservative.) or didn't read lol because you are uncreative as well. Byeeeee!
Ps. I really want one of those idiot sandwich avatars and my birthday is coming up.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Krustic posted:

I have a Berkey water filter so I'm good. I like how you only give a poo poo about the environment when the issue can be used as ammunition against a president that's not on your team. Under who's presidency did the Flint water crisis and Colorado river spill happen? Where the was the EPA? Oh yeah but it's somehow The other teams fault. About 50 pages ago I made the argument that the EPA has become a politically motivated corrupt organization who stated goal of protecting the environment has fallen by the wayside and gave examples to state my case. You and the rest of the progressive JV squad had no answers then and you still don't. Either party will gladly gently caress the environment if it's worth their while and won't lose them to many of their constituents.
I just pretend to be dumb on this thread for fun and lols. I like to gently caress with the REAL lovely posters regardless of political belief. You really are a stupid hysterical fear mongerer useful idiot chump and it's not an act. Worst of all you're not funny. You wanna go throw batteries at Tim Allen with me later? Lol.

Please feel free to respond with one of your standard responses like lol you dumb, you mad?, lol conservative tears, (Even though I'm not a conservative.) or didn't read lol because you are uncreative as well. Byeeeee!
Ps. I really want one of those idiot sandwich avatars and my birthday is coming up.

Mmm yes this is why we should defund and destroy the EPA, gently caress any pretense of helping the environment at all, Flint proved it, we should never regulate anything ever and sometimes things happen.

Also you don't pretend to be dumb, you are actually dumb, and mad and a conservative. also lol didn't read.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Mmm yes this is why we should defund and destroy the EPA, gently caress any pretense of helping the environment at all, Flint proved it, we should never regulate anything ever and sometimes things happen.

Also you don't pretend to be dumb, you are actually dumb, and mad and a conservative. also lol didn't read.

Heeheeheehee!!!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
if i see you litter i will BUST a NUT i sweaer 2 god

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

USSAr posted:

I don't do the knuckle dragging dumb-os part myself but I do love me some cities, that's true.

yeah the advantage is having a bunch of people in one place. you can fit a whole ton more people in an apartment building than single-family homes occupying the same area of land, just because you're stacking on people on top of people. there are a lot of fuckin people, modern humanity is necessarily going to produce a lot of pollution, and obviously "not using technology" or "voluntary human extinction" are not options, so the best strategy is to have large population centers rather than dispersed smaller towns when practicable. the closer proximity and economies of scale mean you have a much easier time of providing everyone with infrastructure - roads, power lines, whatever. in america a good example is public transportation - you pretty much need a car to function in society if you're part of, I dunno, the 95% of the populace that doesn't live in a few cities.

and of course the beauty of nature is important and I would be unnerved by someone who finds no joy in it. excuse my tedious serious post I guess

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

gas

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

World War Mammories posted:

I don't do the knuckle dragging dumb-os part myself but I do love me some cities, that's true.

yeah the advantage is having a bunch of people in one place. you can fit a whole ton more people in an apartment building than single-family homes occupying the same area of land, just because you're stacking on people on top of people. there are a lot of fuckin people, modern humanity is necessarily going to produce a lot of pollution, and obviously "not using technology" or "voluntary human extinction" are not options, so the best strategy is to have large population centers rather than dispersed smaller towns when practicable. the closer proximity and economies of scale mean you have a much easier time of providing everyone with infrastructure - roads, power lines, whatever. in america a good example is public transportation - you pretty much need a car to function in society if you're part of, I dunno, the 95% of the populace that doesn't live in a few cities.

and of course the beauty of nature is important and I would be unnerved by someone who finds no joy in it. excuse my tedious serious post I guess

it loving sucks to have the entire country housed in ugly apartment blocks and the UK somehow manages to have an OK environment despite most people living in houses while russia and greece suck balls and most of them live in flats

so yeah this is dumb

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it loving sucks to have the entire country housed in ugly apartment blocks and the UK somehow manages to have an OK environment despite most people living in houses while russia and greece suck balls and most of them live in flats

so yeah this is dumb

Aestheticss is a really dumb thing to base policy on

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Aestheticss is a really dumb thing to base policy on

im glad you will never be anywhere near any major decision making tbh

i hope they banish you to a lovely eastern european apartment block you miserable idget

Bulgogi Hoagie fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 22, 2017

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

im glad you will never be anywhere near any major decision making tbh

"People shouldn't live in effective housing, we need to ensure endless suburban sprawl with unsustainable infrastructure "

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mordor She Wrote posted:

"People shouldn't live in effective housing, we need to ensure endless suburban sprawl with unsustainable infrastructure "

please tell me how the UK is unsustainable

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

UK might not be, but a quick google on the subject says home ownership is falling rapidly in the U.K. And endless suburban sprawl is a problem in the US from pretty much every stand point. With the population increases we will have instead of encouraging people to move out into suburban sprawl, which would require more land development, cars, infrastructure, the reality is building commie blocks in existing cities is a much more efficient method of housing.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mordor She Wrote posted:

UK might not be, but a quick google on the subject says home ownership is falling rapidly in the U.K. And endless suburban sprawl is a problem in the US from pretty much every stand point. With the population increases we will have instead of encouraging people to move out into suburban sprawl, which would require more land development, cars, infrastructure, the reality is building commie blocks in existing cities is a much more efficient method of housing.

home ownership doesn't matter people still rent houses in the vast majority of cases

you can be the first to go live in your lovely commie block then, because guess what the people who prefer houses will sure as poo poo not follow you there

christ you really have no idea of the experience of an entire country living, growing up and dying in decrepit apartment blocks do you lmao

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

home ownership doesn't matter people still rent houses in the vast majority of cases

you can be the first to go live in your lovely commie block then, because guess what the people who prefer houses will sure as poo poo not follow you there

christ you really have no idea of the experience of an entire country living, growing up and dying in decrepit apartment blocks do you lmao

So endless waste and environmental damage and economic and logistical issues caused by trying to endlessly build houses is preferable? Because they look "nicer"

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
*looks at gang-infested helltower where the balconies are covered in chainlink fence to keep people from getting thrown to their death every day* HMMMMMMM how efficient

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

When the next ice age hits, it will be frozen in a glacier.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mordor She Wrote posted:

So endless waste and environmental damage and economic and logistical issues caused by trying to endlessly build houses is preferable? Because they look "nicer"

http://eprints.uwe.ac.uk/10555/2/melia-barton-parkhurst_The_Paradox_of_Intensification.pdf

urban sprawl is a contentious non issue that does not actually produce unsolvable problems dude, it's certainly not the doom and gloom you make it out to be because your broken commie brain wants to turn everything good into kruschovkas based on inconclusive studies

somehow the UK manages fine and vast parts of continental europe too, being excellent places to live despite "endless waste and environmental damage, economic and logistical issues" lol

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

city living doesn't imply soviet era apartment blocks, for goodness' sake. I was thinking of places like London and Paris and other european cities like you mention when I wrote that - I mean, they have apartment buildings in europe too, you know. they don't have to be ten stories high, even two stories is twice as efficient as a single home

I won't pretend to know how to solve city living's problems that certainly exist but for god's sake I'm not a tankie

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

city living doesn't imply soviet era apartment blocks, for goodness' sake. I was thinking of places like London and Paris and other european cities like you mention when I wrote that - I mean, they have apartment buildings in europe too, you know. they don't have to be ten stories high, even two stories is twice as efficient as a single home

that's cool but murder just readily admit he is willing to plop down concrete boxes and ban detached housing pretty much for no good reason and also seems to think houses are apocalyptic or something, and i think any reasonable person can agree that's some deranged lunacy

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

I won't pretend to know how to solve city living's problems that certainly exist but for god's sake I'm not a tankie

Why do you want such horrible communist things such as cities and two story apartments, I can only be happy if I tie my financial future to a house 2 hours away from any economic centers, schools, and requiring more cars because public transportation is communism.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Why do you want such horrible communist things such as cities and two story apartments, I can only be happy if I tie my financial future to a house 2 hours away from any economic centers, schools, and requiring more cars because public transportation is communism.

if your opinions were half as good as the poster you've quoted you wouldn't get shat on constantly for being retarded, but alas

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

if your opinions were half as good as the poster you've quoted you wouldn't get shat on constantly for being retarded, but alas

Getting called retarded by the denizens of the retarded Trump supporter thread isn't much of a condemnation

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
the solution, obviously, is megacity 1 except every megablock is a Trump Tower

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Getting called retarded by the denizens of the retarded Trump supporter thread isn't much of a condemnation

:ok:

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

http://eprints.uwe.ac.uk/10555/2/melia-barton-parkhurst_The_Paradox_of_Intensification.pdf

urban sprawl is a contentious non issue that does not actually produce unsolvable problems dude, it's certainly not the doom and gloom you make it out to be because your broken commie brain wants to turn everything good into kruschovkas based on inconclusive studies

somehow the UK manages fine and vast parts of continental europe too, being excellent places to live despite "endless waste and environmental damage, economic and logistical issues" lol

I would just leave this person alone. He/she/whatever is a close minded naive brainwashed ideologue who has decided that they're always right no matter what and the answer to every single problem is more government communism and bureaucracy and you're an alt right redneck idiot if you disagree. This dipshit had the nerve to tell me I'm a conservative and I've never voted republican in my life. I hate it when these progressive psudo commies get lumped in with liberals but this is what our school systems pump out now. This person is either a 16 year old or hopelessly stupid. Either way I just wouldn't pay attention to their idiot fear mongering posts and pray nobody with his mental fortitude ever gets into a position of power.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

the solution, obviously, is megacity 1 except every megablock is a Trump Tower

i can only accept this if they give out sweet fuckin drugs like in the movie

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Krustic posted:

I would just leave this person alone. He/she/whatever is a close minded naive brainwashed ideologue who has decided that they're always right no matter what and the answer to every single problem is more government communism and bureaucracy and you're an alt right redneck idiot if you disagree. This dipshit had the nerve to tell me I'm a conservative and I've never voted republican in my life. I hate it when these progressive psudo commies get lumped in with liberals but this is what our school systems pump out now. This person is either a 16 year old or hopelessly stupid. Either way I just wouldn't pay attention to their idiot fear mongering posts and pray nobody with his mental fortitude ever gets into a position of power.

Nice melt down, I could post links to a multitude of sources about issues related to suburban sprawl but that would require you being able to read and parse actual information.

Also just because you never voted Republican (more likely never actually voted) doesn't mean you're not an alt right conservative redneck moron, which you've spent you're entire posting career demonstrating.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Trump made democrats hate Russia, love the CIA, and now he makes them hate NASA.
A year from now the left will be voting against abortion and gay rights.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Nice melt down, I could post links to a multitude of sources about issues related to suburban sprawl but that would require you being able to read and parse actual information.

Also just because you never voted Republican (more likely never actually voted) doesn't mean you're not an alt right conservative redneck moron, which you've spent you're entire posting career demonstrating.

that's rich coming from a person who can't read and parse the posts they're replying to

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Didn't read. LOL

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Krustic posted:

Can't read. LOL

Ftfy

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I think it'd be cool if trump threads got gassed.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Honky Dong Country posted:

I think it'd be cool if trump threads got gassed.

Their needs to be at least one Trump thread to talk about and make fun of current events. Or just a political one so I can post this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwaiyjh1dGk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/davidakin/status/844292942068109312

this banner is very confused

• Locked thread