Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

aperion posted:

so his jersey hasn't arrived yet?

That's him in his safe space after international women's day

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Anyone get the new Mass Effect yet?

Edit: Oops that was me thinking this was the Chat thread and trying to change the subject!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

aperion posted:

so his jersey hasn't arrived yet?

Hopefully it arrives and it turns out to be one of the cheap knockoff kind like he gave to his first child

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/844265404499447808

Just wasn't healing.

Played with it almost all of last year.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
According to the Panthers it happened at San Diego

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Seems a little late in the offseason to go through that. What's the recovery time like?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/844267367236616192

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

According to the Panthers it happened at San Diego

They're lying.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Did they know? Why did he keep playing at the end of a lame duck season? Were they not aware of the injury extent or hoping they could avoid surgery?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Volkerball posted:

I'm gonna pour a piss and codeine cocktail on jamarcus's.

Don't waste good syrup playboy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So apparently the jersey stealer also stole a jersey from Kurt Warner and then later had it signed by him.

Lol I want a movie made about this guy.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Funny how noted rapists Jamesis Winston and Ben Rothelisberger are still starting in the NFL, but Colin Kaepernick can't find a job because he didn't stand for the national anthem.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He also stood after he realized he was being cut

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

DariusLikewise posted:

Funny how noted rapists Jamesis Winston and Ben Rothelisberger are still starting in the NFL, but Colin Kaepernick can't find a job because he didn't stand for the national anthem.

Kaepernick is poo poo but yanno, ~muh narratives~

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Amy Pole Her posted:

He also stood after he realized he was being cut

Didn't he opt out of his contract?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

a patagonian cavy posted:

Didn't he opt out of his contract?

If you saw Mike loving Glennon get 15 million wouldn't you?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

warcrimes posted:

Kaepernick is poo poo but yanno, ~muh narratives~

In a world where EJ Manuel, Josh McCown and Geno Smith can get jobs, that's no excuse.
-

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

swickles posted:

If you saw Mike loving Glennon get 15 million wouldn't you?

Kaepernick opted out a few days before Glennon got signed, but I agree. I'm surprised we haven't heard more about offers he's getting since he's the most successful FA QB this offseason by a lot

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Cash Monet posted:

Pull up, thread.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

In a world where EJ Manuel, Josh McCown and Geno Smith can get jobs, that's no excuse.
-

Cutler still doesn't have a team either. I think part of the issue is probably that those guys are all bad enough that you can bring them in and know they're going to be backups or stopgaps at best, but if you bring in Cutler or Kaep they put you in a situation where they're good enough to start but you'd still want someone better, and they'd make it harder to get that person. Also, they may just expect more money.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Whoops way off my bad

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Kaep went 16/4 last year and had the highest drop rate from his receivers while playing with a complete dumpster fire of a team. If he went to a team like the Texans or even Rams where there is a good defense and some decent offensive weapons, he would probably be closer to his Super Bowl year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kaep has a lot of drops because he rifles every ball at 110 mph whether the receiver is 50 yards away or 5.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

big money big clit posted:

Kaep has a lot of drops because he rifles every ball at 110 mph whether the receiver is 50 yards away or 5.

also he was throwing to players employed by the 49ers in TYOOL 2016

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
4 hours too long for a 60 minute game? Better not touch those commercial breaks.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Azhais posted:

Really it was whoever came up with the brilliant campaign strategy of making "Anyone who votes for Trump is a racist rear end in a top hat!" their one and only talking point

By electing a racist rear end in a top hat they really showed us!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Speaking of noted piece of poo poo Colin Kaepernick, he helped get a plane to Somalia to get food and water there a few days ago and donated $50k to Meals on Wheels today

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Speaking of noted piece of poo poo Colin Kaepernick, he helped get a plane to Somalia to get food and water there a few days ago and donated $50k to Meals on Wheels today

Just more attention seeking behavior from a noted primadonna.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

swickles posted:

Kaep went 16/4 last year and had the highest drop rate from his receivers while playing with a complete dumpster fire of a team. If he went to a team like the Texans or even Rams where there is a good defense and some decent offensive weapons, he would probably be closer to his Super Bowl year.

lol no. That 16/4 might be the most deceiving stat ever. He's an option QB in a league where that doesn't work anymore(helloooooo RG3) who can't make reads, holds the ball all day and has zero touch. He's been waiting for a starter offer, not back up/ stop gap money.

I'm not saying his politics haven't hurt him- he won't be starting for the Jets or backing up Cam Newton anytime soon but it's a bit overblown.

e:

Spoeank posted:

and with that said, he's a super cool dude

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sounds like his receivers should learn to catch imo.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Sounds like his receivers should learn to catch imo.

Remember when Randy Moss tried to catch a pass from Kaepernick and ended up with a dislocated finger?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

warcrimes posted:

lol no. That 16/4 might be the most deceiving stat ever. He's an option QB in a league where that doesn't work anymore(helloooooo RG3) who can't make reads,

hellooooooooo hot takes from 2013

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Remember when Randy Moss tried to catch a pass from Kaepernick and ended up with a dislocated finger?

Torry Holt would tell Randy to man up.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

warcrimes posted:

I'm not saying his politics haven't hurt him- he won't be starting for the Jets or backing up Cam Newton anytime soon but it's a bit overblown.

There was an article a couple of days ago that quoted a league exec that said teams won't sign Kaep because "they hate him" for the protests or they don't personally care about the protests but don't want to deal with A DISTRACTION so they won't sign him

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

warcrimes posted:

lol no. That 16/4 might be the most deceiving stat ever. He's an option QB in a league where that doesn't work anymore(helloooooo RG3) who can't make reads, holds the ball all day and has zero touch. He's been waiting for a starter offer, not back up/ stop gap money.

e:

and with that said, he's a super cool dude

Rg3 didn't fail because his system doesn't work he failed because his knee got destroyed making it impossible for him to do his system.

Kap can still contribute but you do have to build with him in mind which is daunting but for lovely teams it's worth a shot.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

Rg3 didn't fail because his system doesn't work he failed because his knee got destroyed making it impossible for him to do his system.

His system was basically to get hit in awkward ways by huge as gently caress dudes while being like 119 pounds p much all the time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CharlestheHammer posted:

More than this he just became a headcase later on. Insert that picture of 5 receivers being open here and imagine rookie RG3 not throwing to one of the deep guys.

Whether that's his dad's fault, or Snyder, or Shanahan after he started his campaign against RG3, or whatever I have no clue.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's not their fault they aren't the total package QB like the dreamy Russell Wilson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Kaep needs some magic bubble water

• Locked thread