Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

More than this he just became a headcase later on. Insert that picture of 5 receivers being open here and imagine rookie RG3 not throwing to one of the deep guys.

Whether that's his dad's fault, or Snyder, or Shanahan after he started his campaign against RG3, or whatever I have no clue.

He was never the most aware QB but as long as he had his mobility he didn't need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
a lot of people in this thread slandering the excellence that was rookie rg3 and I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Metapod posted:

a lot of people in this thread slandering the excellence that was rookie rg3 and I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT

Nah, that's fair. That first loving game was goddamn amazing.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Kap can still contribute but you do have to build with him in mind

- receivers that can catch
- aaron rogers gay sex tent so he can kneel during the national anthem

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kaepernick just needs a strong O-Line and carte blanche to run when he wants to.

He turned into a football retard when both of these things changed in SF.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
If it is said a team has to have really good WRs and a really good oline, for a QB to suddenly become good, then you don't have much of a QB.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The only quarterback that was good behind a bad o line in the past 15 years was kurt warner

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hifi posted:

The only quarterback that was good behind a bad o line in the past 15 years was kurt warner

Aaron Rodgers

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

pasaluki posted:

If it is said a team has to have really good WRs and a really good oline, for a QB to suddenly become good, then you don't have much of a QB.

The 2016 Niners would be garbo even with Drew Brees.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ehud posted:

There was an article a couple of days ago that quoted a league exec that said teams won't sign Kaep because "they hate him" for the protests or they don't personally care about the protests but don't want to deal with A DISTRACTION so they won't sign him

yeah, I named two. This league has employed multiple DUI homicide dudes, plenty of DV guys and at least one or two suspected murderers, if Kap was good enough he'd have been signed day one. He'll end up a back up somewhere, though.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Rg3 didn't fail because his system doesn't work he failed because his knee got destroyed making it impossible for him to do his system.

Kap can still contribute but you do have to build with him in mind which is daunting but for lovely teams it's worth a shot.

He got destroyed a lot because he's made of glass and not a pocket passer.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Aaron Rodgers

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2010_roster.htm

there's like 10 pro bowl years here between the starters on the o line

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/2008_roster.htm

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/2009_roster.htm

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Theres like 6 pro bowls between those guys and one all pro.

on the other hand Deuce lutui is famous for playing a ukulele in his wikipedia page and thats it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

hifi posted:

Theres like 6 pro bowls between those guys and one all pro.

on the other hand Deuce lutui is famous for playing a ukulele in his wikipedia page and thats it

One good player doesn't make a good offensive line

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Its a start

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Russell Wilson

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Intruder posted:

Russell Wilson

This

But also wasn't Kaep either skying balls and hitting guys in the head on the sideline or throwing balls in the dirt in front of receivers?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

pasaluki posted:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rodgers has had some good o lines, but I still remember how horrible it was his first year or two as a starter. He was a loving wizard for generating offense behind it.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Stafford has been pretty productive behind some pretty lousy O lines. A few years he was leading the league in sacks taken.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What's a good OLine precious?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Q_res posted:

Stafford has been pretty productive behind some pretty lousy O lines. A few years he was leading the league in sacks taken.

I wish he had a good running game. The Lions running game hasn't finished better than 17th since Barry retired. :(

EDIT: And has finished dead last three times.

Shangri-Law School fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 22, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

big money big clit posted:

Remember when Randy Moss tried to catch a pass from Kaepernick and ended up with a dislocated finger?

Remember when Ronnie Lott cut his finger off???

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

pasaluki posted:

The Kirk Cousins Conundrum.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quarterbacks aren't always the best. It's a team effort!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Alaois posted:

Quarterbacks aren't always the best. It's a team effort!
Damnit, came to post this :(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

pasaluki posted:

Sure but does it hurt to have these things for a good QB? Further, Good QBs with bad WRs are a philly tradition and the teams that support their qbs have had more success.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Someone post that gif of Kaep checking to a run at his own one yard line while a receiver is literally jumping up and down trying to get his attention because no one is covering him

e: well here's the video http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000570028/49ers-Colin-Kaepernick-doesn-t-see-open-receiver

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

"He told me that he was not there to work, that he was a fan," Palafox said. "And that he had asked for vacation from work to spend it at Super Bowl week, and he had attended more than 20 of them."

Velazquez and Palafox both said Ortega was carrying a bag containing a past Super Bowl jersey worn by Warner and an Emmitt Smith book. Warner was named MVP at the 2000 Super Bowl.

"He showed me Warner's jersey with his signature and told me a story about how Warner was surprised that he was in possession of the item," Palafox said. "He said he planned to gather interest from Warner to sell him the jersey for $8,000."

Ortega was also seen at Super Bowl auctions during the week of the big game. Mexican media have reported that Ortega's basement was full of NFL and other sports memorabilia.

Dude has probably been stealing merch for decades lol.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Zach Zenner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L44ccxhzWRE

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I thought what made Zach unique was that he wasn't a brother. :confused:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
the fuckboi wrote a letter to the fans

http://epidm.edgesuite.net/CMS/NFL/Harmony/CAMPAIGN_IMAGES/2017/LEGENDS/20170323_LegendsNL_March_P2_1/html/Commissioners_Email.html

quote:

Dear Fans,

Here at the NFL, we have a relentless drive to improve—particularly when it comes to the way fans experience our game.

In order to understand how we might deliver a better and more exciting entertainment experience for you, we embarked on a specific project before the start of the 2016 season to gather feedback about the in-stadium and live NFL game viewing experience.

Consistently, we heard from fans that we can improve in two key areas: the flow and pace of the game, and commercialization and the number of unnecessary disruptions to the game on the field.

Today, I want to tell you about some of the ways we are working to address that.

On the football side, there are a number of changes we are making to the mechanics and rules of the game to maintain excitement and also improve the consistency of our officiating.

For example, next week clubs will vote on a change to centralize replay reviews. Instead of a fixed sideline monitor, we will bring a tablet to the Referee who can review the play in consultation with our officiating headquarters in New York, which has the final decision. This should improve consistency and accuracy of decisions and help speed up the process.

Regarding game timing, we're going to institute a play clock following the extra point when television does not take a break, and we're considering instituting a play clock after a touchdown. We're also going to standardize the starting of the clock after a runner goes out-of-bounds, and standardize halftime lengths in all games, so we return to the action as quickly as possible. Those are just a few of the elements we are working on to improve the pace of our game.

Together with our broadcast partners, we will be working to meaningfully reduce down time and the frequency of commercial breaks in our game. We will also be giving our broadcast partners increased flexibility to avoid untimely breaks in the action. For example, we know how annoying it is when we come back from a commercial break, kick off, and then cut to a commercial again. I hate that too. Our goal is to eliminate it.

We also know that you feel there are too many elements in the broadcast that aren't relevant to the play on the field. With our partners, we will be looking to instead focus on content that is most complementary and compelling to you–whether that is analysis, highlights or stories about our players.

All of these changes are meant to give you more of what you want: a competitive game with fewer interruptions and distractions from the action.

There is much more work to do in the coming seasons as we continue to listen and learn. But these positive changes are intended to create a better experience for you, our fans.

We hope that you will continue to give us feedback on how we can improve.

Thank you for all that you do for our players, our teams and our game.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

the NFL posted:

Instead of a fixed sideline monitor, we will bring a tablet to the Referee who can review the play in consultation with our officiating headquarters in New York, which has the final decision. This should improve consistency and accuracy of decisions and help speed up the process.

Lol, bullshit, just more opportunity to promote whatever tablet pays them the most.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'd rather have the ref gently caress up a call than some shadow government NFL official make the call from some office

What happens when the office gets it wrong? How are they accountable?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DEAR MYSTERY NFL REPLAY OFFICIAL

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Blitz7x posted:

I'd rather have the ref gently caress up a call than some shadow government NFL official make the call from some office

What happens when the office gets it wrong? How are they accountable?

It's been that way in the NHL for a while. There's an office in Toronto with tons of screens. Here's an older article about that setup. http://m.startribune.com/nhl-s-situation-room-doesn-t-miss-anything-anywhere/298086991/

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I always thought the part of the replay that takes the longest is spotting the ball and getting down and distance correct, regardless of the call. Like if its overturned, they have to look where they were at. The only kind of review this would speed up is catch/no-catch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eagerly awaiting for it to break and the refs have to let an obviously hosed call go because the system doesn't work.

Nov 6, 2002

I think a bunch of dudes standing in front of a wall of screens with replays from every angle are better equipped to deal with reviewing plays than one dude in a little booth on the sidelines.

This is the mechanism they use to auto review turnovers and touchdowns and it runs smoothly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

pasaluki posted:

MrLogan posted:

The Kirk Cousins Conundrum.

*Takes a dump on the field in a primetime game*
"Well if he just HAD A RUNNING GAME"

• Locked thread