Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

Same thing happened in the Quartz LP. :cheeky:

time to go back and read that.

PMush Perfect posted:

There's a part of me that wants to rip open this game's code, and try to rearrange the parts into something actually playable, but there's no way that it's worth the effort.

dont do it friend

Scarodactyl posted:

I fixed Baaschaf.

Plus his Alola variant.

Thank you friend, these are both good. OFS please help yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Aesclepia posted:

This thing is adorable and I love it. Little ghost/flask thing? Hell yeah! I'd name mine Marie Curie.

that evo line is the highlight of the sage pokedex imo

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Aesclepia posted:

This thing is adorable and I love it. Little ghost/flask thing? Hell yeah! I'd name mine Marie Curie.

Its evolution method is really neat too. Its second stage has two forms depending on whether it evolves holding a burn heal or an ice heal. The former learns Ice moves, the latter learns Fire moves. You evolve it again by leveling it up while it's holding the opposite of its previous evolution item, at which point it becomes a hulking alchemical monstrosity. :black101:

Noxial:

Fumighast:

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wish Phlask and Peppit were actual Pokemon.

Peppit is :3: incarnate

It's a fire/grass type for those wondering. It's evolutions are Hoppanero and Scovalope.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I love Nobunata's concept. It's a piņata pokemon with Aftermath as its ability. It explodes into candy when it faints :stonklol:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TravelLog posted:

It's a fire/grass type for those wondering. It's evolutions are Hoppanero and Scovalope.
Grass/Fire is a really interesting type, defensively. Lots of x1s, including things you wouldn't expect, and immunity to both burn and sleep. Its only double-resist is Grass, sadly, so it's not a good mix, but it's an interesting one.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Not only that, Nobunata has an original move called Fiesta that sets an entry "hazard". That hazard?

Candy! Whenever a friendly pokemon switches in, they heal from eating the candy.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Clearly we need a concurrent Pokemon Sage game running so's we can compare and laugh.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

TravelLog posted:

Not only that, Nobunata has an original move called Fiesta that sets an entry "hazard". That hazard?

Candy! Whenever a friendly pokemon switches in, they heal from eating the candy.

:allears:

Sadly Sage is only in its demo stages at the moment. It's part of why a lot of the art for the Pokemon seems unfinished.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

YggiDee posted:

Clearly we need a concurrent Pokemon Sage game running so's we can compare and laugh.

Sadly, Sage only has a very short demo out that ends after the 1st gym. Word is that the team hopes to get out another demo in the near future, but even that will only go up to gym #3.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Here's hoping Nintendo doesn't nuke it the moment the full version is released.

Heh, nuke.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Aww dang, I thought it was a full game already. Galaxagos is too great to languish in a demo forever.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

At this point, if I were Nintendo, I would kill Sage by hiring all their staff.

I really like that pinata pokemon.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Tunicate posted:

I'm getting way too nitpicky here, but it feels like a gomamon trace? It's the pose and the weird underdeveloped flipperlimbs that are doing it, I think.

oh thank god it's not just me

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Bloody Pom posted:

Here's hoping Nintendo doesn't nuke it the moment the full version is released.

Heh, nuke.

they will without a doubt, but, since 4chan is kinda where a lot of the stuff for it originated at first i think you won't be lacking any download links for the game.

and yeah, really all anyone knows about sage's development right now is that there's definitely been talk from the devs within the last few months at least, they just want to actually put in a decent amount for the demo before putting out a new version. the twitter account is gone now for some reason, though. and apparently there's a discord? hell if i know. it could potentially just never come out, i guess, but at least i can look at its pokedex and be able to point out why uranium sucks so much.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TravelLog posted:

That whole line is fantastic. :3:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

S-51A is one of Sheldon's Pokemon. The other ones are just wild little S-51 that followed it I guess because it's big and imposing.

Sounds like a cute idea, wild pokermans following a guy in a costume because they think it's a big brother or something.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

I love Nobunata's concept. It's a piņata pokemon with Aftermath as its ability. It explodes into candy when it faints :stonklol:

It's a freaking samurai piņata. :magical:

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

they will without a doubt, but, since 4chan is kinda where a lot of the stuff for it originated at first i think you won't be lacking any download links for the game.

and yeah, really all anyone knows about sage's development right now is that there's definitely been talk from the devs within the last few months at least, they just want to actually put in a decent amount for the demo before putting out a new version. the twitter account is gone now for some reason, though. and apparently there's a discord? hell if i know. it could potentially just never come out, i guess, but at least i can look at its pokedex and be able to point out why uranium sucks so much.

From what I understand they decided to lay as low as possible after the Uranium fiasco went down. Uranium got taken down at least in part because of how much press it got and how vocal the devs were. I mean, look at how many fangames there are for the franchise; they haven't all been taken down (in fact most haven't).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HardDiskD posted:

It's a freaking samurai piņata. :magical:
my only complaint is that it's named nobunata and not nobunada

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That's gotta suck. You take your exams, get certified as a Gym Leader, get all ready to drop some science on wandering fools, and the only place they can assign you is Cultsville?

I'm kind of expecting /r/atheism The Gym, here.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

my only complaint is that it's named nobunata and not nobunada

But that would ruin the naming pun? Nobunaga + pinata.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TravelLog posted:

From what I understand they decided to lay as low as possible after the Uranium fiasco went down. Uranium got taken down at least in part because of how much press it got and how vocal the devs were. I mean, look at how many fangames there are for the franchise; they haven't all been taken down (in fact most haven't).

yea they need to go dark right now and come back in like two months.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

At this point, if I were Nintendo, I would kill Sage by hiring all their staff.

I really like that pinata pokemon.

This would be the honorable way to do things considering their showing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Herr Tog posted:

yea they need to go dark right now and come back in like two months.

I am infinitely amused by the fact that most fan-game creators have yet to learn that if you're making a fan-game, keep quiet about it until you release it.

It's like, the simplest thing in the world. Don't talk about your game until it's out so it can't be killed before it's release. You'd think more people would catch on by now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Grass/Fire is a really interesting type, defensively. Lots of x1s, including things you wouldn't expect, and immunity to both burn and sleep. Its only double-resist is Grass, sadly, so it's not a good mix, but it's an interesting one.

Grass isn't immune to sleep, it's immune to powder moves. That covers a couple of the more common sleep moves but Hypnosis would still work.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dexie posted:

I am infinitely amused by the fact that most fan-game creators have yet to learn that if you're making a fan-game, keep quiet about it until you release it.

It's like, the simplest thing in the world. Don't talk about your game until it's out so it can't be killed before it's release. You'd think more people would catch on by now.

I mean, that's not really necessary for most properties. Just Nintendo ones. Hell, a Castlevania game called the Lecarde Chronicles 2 is even getting endorsement from Konami.

Johnny Joestar posted:

For a Pokemon fan game that is (probably) releasing soon (and looks like it'll be good), I recommend keeping tabs on Pokemon Ethereal Gates. From involved Twitter accounts it seems like they might be hinting at a release soon?

https://twitter.com/EtherealGates/status/843879241330638848

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

I was sold on the pun alone. This is exceptional.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Genocyber posted:

I mean, that's not really necessary for most properties. Just Nintendo ones. Hell, a Castlevania game called the Lecarde Chronicles 2 is even getting endorsement from Konami.

Square-Enix too. They've shut down a number of projects over the years. Konami and Sega are usually pretty good about it though.

Still. It's better to be safe than sorry, you know?

Genocyber posted:

For a Pokemon fan game that is (probably) releasing soon (and looks like it'll be good), I recommend keeping tabs on Pokemon Ethereal Gates. From involved Twitter accounts it seems like they might be hinting at a release soon?

Ethereal Gate's Pokedex is really hit or miss for me, but their spritework is pretty drat good, IMO.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Aesclepia posted:

Scarie Curie.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

EclecticTastes posted:

Scarie Curie.

Scurie.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Dexie posted:

Any sort of game these days, even a fan game, typically needs a team. In order to recruit a team, you need to make some noise and get public support.

Best hope is that halfway through the project you convince the team to convert to non-trademarked art and change the branding.

Reimou
Jan 20, 2015
...I missed this alien pokemon event. Completely. I actually didn't even know it was in the game. Maybe I should have tried going back to this route at some point...

Scarodactyl posted:

I fixed Baaschaf.

Plus his Alola variant.

These are hilarious. What a chill sheep.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Straight White Shark posted:

I remember trying to use Ferrothorn in my black 2 run just because I thought it was cool. It was pretty painful.

nah, Ferrothorn is fun if you play to its strengths. You need one that's slow as it can be, and it needs to have a Rocky Helmet on it, and switch into enemies that like to use physical attacks. It especially likes to play with fast enemies, and Gyro Ball them to death. also fun - have Curse on it. I think mine ran with Gyro Ball/Power Whip/Curse/Payback. It was so different to use compared to how you normally use Pokemon in regular playthroughs, but I had a great time with it. I tried to breed a Ferroseed with Leech Seed first, but it didn't work for whatever reason. Just as well, the CurseBall gimmick was enough. and laughing at any physical attackers that didn't pack a fire move.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dabir posted:

Grass isn't immune to sleep, it's immune to powder moves. That covers a couple of the more common sleep moves but Hypnosis would still work.
Hypnosis has 60% accuracy. The only thing that even remotely makes sense to run it on is Mega-Gengar, which is stuck in Ubers. Admittedly, you're right, it's not pure immunity, but it's de facto immunity.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yawn, then.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Spatula City posted:

nah, Ferrothorn is fun if you play to its strengths. You need one that's slow as it can be, and it needs to have a Rocky Helmet on it, and switch into enemies that like to use physical attacks. It especially likes to play with fast enemies, and Gyro Ball them to death. also fun - have Curse on it. I think mine ran with Gyro Ball/Power Whip/Curse/Payback. It was so different to use compared to how you normally use Pokemon in regular playthroughs, but I had a great time with it. I tried to breed a Ferroseed with Leech Seed first, but it didn't work for whatever reason. Just as well, the CurseBall gimmick was enough. and laughing at any physical attackers that didn't pack a fire move.

I mean yeah it's a good Plan B and it's fun once or twice for the novelty, but you really don't want to spend the whole game killing things the slow way. Also, you wind up suffering a lot more attrition since you're facetanking random encounters instead of preemptively murdering them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

The creator like the evolution lines of "Small cute thing-bigger less cute thing-big badass thing" a whole lot.

so do the official games

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dabir posted:

Yawn, then.

The reason why I have never managed to commit to competitive play for any length of time: Yawn exists.

The reason why I would never get past the first gym here in Uranium: identical.

gently caress Yawn, is what I'm saying.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
My favorite part of mega metalynx is that it's ability is basically just salt in the wound when you compare it to what the fire and water megas get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Straight White Shark posted:

I mean yeah it's a good Plan B and it's fun once or twice for the novelty, but you really don't want to spend the whole game killing things the slow way. Also, you wind up suffering a lot more attrition since you're facetanking random encounters instead of preemptively murdering them.

well, I had a full team of specialized weirdos (all part grass type, it was also a monotype run), and Ferrothorn came to play in the specific situations where it would be most fun. I dunno, if nothing else, the double contact damage from Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet never stopped being hilarious to me. When you've played through a Pokemon game the normal way a gazillion times, trying out gimmicks extends the entertainment value considerably.

• Locked thread