Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://twitter.com/SupergirlStaff/status/844349028607320065

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The lip syncing is pretty drat obvious

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
you'd think it'd be better, what with Grant being a glee alumnus.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Okay, my sister's pet theory about HR just took a hell of a hit.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They said the soundtrack was available to purchase, but I can't for the life of me find it. Anyone find it on Amazon?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Gotta say wasn't a big fan of this episode. For a hyped "musical" I think there were only a total of 4 songs. And I would have liked the Barry-Iris serenade at the end more if it wasn't for the two episodes of melodrama that preceded it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah needed less running around and more singing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The cast is a bunch of song and dance pros, but the crew isn't and that was kiiiiind of obvious. Still, enjoyable as all get out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Now I just want some sort of Crazy Ex Girlfriend crossover.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I would be ok with Music Meister showing up once a season to clear up dumb plot point / drama with the power of song.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Maxwell Lord posted:

Now I just want some sort of Crazy Ex Girlfriend crossover.
Honestly I'd love to see Rachel Bloom have a guest role on one of these shows. She'd play a really fun villain I bet.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That was a real poo poo musical episode :(

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I liked it, personally.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
My God Winn has some serious loving pipes.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I wish they would've made an actual Music Meister episode instead of having Darren Criss as Q.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Counterpoint: This way, Meister might come back.

(He won't, but still)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I ran the Season 1 CXG Best Song thing, so I made one for this month of Superhero Songs.

https://goo.gl/forms/9I0I9W5zlfdGiXkS2

Also: we now know that Cisco is on team hard g. The proper pronunciation. It's not jif.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

The episode had its charm with the singing and plot, but it wasn't up to the expectations I had hoped for when they hyped it up. I thought we'd see more Music Meister than what we did get. And I didn't quite get the two Dads thing with Joe and Stein unless they were hinted at being a gangster couple? It threw me off a bit.

The ending did make me roll my eyes at the sappiness. It was just too much.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I love their solution to the weather issue. "It's actually snowing in Vancouver for the first time in 10 years and the city's shut down? gently caress it, film in the snow!"

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Coyote Ugly posted:

The ending did make me roll my eyes at the sappiness. It was just too much.

It wouldn't be a musical otherwise.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

lotus circle posted:

Gotta say wasn't a big fan of this episode. For a hyped "musical" I think there were only a total of 4 songs. And I would have liked the Barry-Iris serenade at the end more if it wasn't for the two episodes of melodrama that preceded it.

Moon River, Put a Little Love in Your Heart, *30 minutes dead air*...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Coyote Ugly posted:

The episode had its charm with the singing and plot, but it wasn't up to the expectations I had hoped for when they hyped it up. I thought we'd see more Music Meister than what we did get. And I didn't quite get the two Dads thing with Joe and Stein unless they were hinted at being a gangster couple? It threw me off a bit.

Yea they were gay

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So.... if the whole point of the thing for them to realize their love for each other, what was the whole point of the leeching of powers and attacking the bank?

It was a really flimsy 'B' story.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

It was no Buffy but there are a lot of really good voices on these combined three superhero shows and I enjoyed the hell out of every cheesy moment. They should have committed to original songs. If you're gonna do it go all the way. Superfriends was cute as hell.

Also seconding the 'godDAMN, Wynn!' Pipes for days outta nowhere!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

bull3964 posted:

So.... if the whole point of the thing for them to realize their love for each other, what was the whole point of the leeching of powers and attacking the bank?

It was a really flimsy 'B' story.

It gave Wally his confidence back? I guess?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I........ guess?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
HOW DID YOU GET OUT OF THAT CELL!?!?

But seriously, that was a pretty interesting crossover/Musical episode. Completely forgot about the parallel between Kara/Mon-El and Barry/Iris breakup, that was the entire plot of the Musical basically. Wasn't expecting any Legends of Tomorrow characters to be in the Musical though, that was fun.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Music miester was interesting and I hope we see him again, and get some backstory about what he actually is. The episode kinda hints towards him being some multiversal god or higher power of some kind.

The songs were good, other than 'superfriends' (which I believe is the only original song) - I particularly liked the one Barry sang to iris at the end, that's how he should have proposed the first time. But 4 songs does not make a musical. There wasn't nearly as much singing (particularly from Barry and Kara) as there should have been, and they should have hired some writers with more experience with musicals. As a hyped up 'musical episode' it was disappointing.

I also hated that they chose to do the dream sequence to insert the songs rather than put the effort of coming up with plot relevant songs - buffy did it much better, despite really only having two cast members with real singing experience.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Senerio posted:

I ran the Season 1 CXG Best Song thing, so I made one for this month of Superhero Songs.

https://goo.gl/forms/9I0I9W5zlfdGiXkS2

Also: we now know that Cisco is on team hard g. The proper pronunciation. It's not jif.
I appreciate you including Day-O.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

The songs were good, other than 'superfriends' (which I believe is the only original song) - I particularly liked the one Barry sang to iris at the end, that's how he should have proposed the first time.

I also hated that they chose to do the dream sequence to insert the songs rather than put the effort of coming up with plot relevant songs - buffy did it much better, despite really only having two cast members with real singing experience.

The song Barry sang at the end was also an original, written by people who worked on La La Land. And if it makes a different there were five songs: Moon River, Put a Little Love in Your Heart, the one from Guys and Dolls, Superfriends and Runnin' Home to You.

I also didn't like the dream sequence as an idea, but the cast hammed it up so much (especially Patten and Jordan) that it was easy to roll with.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The ADR with Barry's song at the end was really really bad. The sound mix was completely and totally devoid of any sense of being IN the scene. Terrible sound mixing that takes you right out of the moment, kind of ruined any emotional impact.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What the heck is the point of making Music Meister a pan-dimensional Puck-ish being of unknown power, if all he does is gives people musical dreams instead of actually reshaping reality into a musical?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well that was an episode of a thing. :xd:

I wish they had leaned even further into the silliness and camp of the situation, and more characters seriously needed to sing more...but I got a big kick out of it anyway. Funniest thing I've seen in a long while.

And gently caress it, I loved that Super Friends song.

e: And okay, y'know, I'm just gonna say it...my thirst for Grant Gustin had reached an all-time low in recent times due to how little I enjoy Barry Allen as a character, but seeing that last song just completely reminded me why and how much I used to want to tap that like a faucet.

:v:

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 22, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the heck is the point of making Music Meister a pan-dimensional Puck-ish being of unknown power, if all he does is gives people musical dreams instead of actually reshaping reality into a musical?

Yeah, Darren Criss wasn't really playing the Music Meister, he was playing a less funny Mxyzptlk. It was still a pretty decent episode all told, and a nice little way to wrap up two shows worth of bullshit relationship drama all at once. I just wish we got to see more of the B-teams interacting.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

nine-gear crow posted:

a nice little way to wrap up two shows worth of bullshit relationship drama all at once

I think you got this backwards. I'm pretty drat sure the bullshit relationship drama in these cases was created to serve as a vehicle for this episode.

Barry and Kara acted irrationally, even for their own characters, to bail on their relationships prior to this episode.

Something else that strikes me as hilarious. Both of these characters face death on a near weekly basis, needing to be supported by their SO while recovering and that's not enough. However, if it's in a dream musical that probably wouldn't have REALLY killed them anyways, it heals all emotional wounds.

Savitar beating the poo poo out of Barry? "Iris, I think we better break up." Get's shot in a dreamland and is awakened with a kiss? "HOLY poo poo WE REALLY NEED TO GET MARRIED."

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I was really expecting Music Meister to reveal he was Mxyzptlk.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
While I dislike musical episodes and am glad this was only inflicted on one of the four arrowverse shows, I do enjoy everyone getting mad that this music meister wasn't their dream Brave and the Bold version.

My name is Space Crabs and I'm the most Heartless rear end in a top hat Alive.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So w/r/t that future headline "Music Meister gets six figure book deal", I guess the operative question now is "what does god need with a book deal?" :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

So w/r/t that future headline "Music Meister gets six figure book deal", I guess the operative question now is "what does god need with a book deal?" :confused:

Did you see last season of Supernatural?

• Locked thread