Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Trump learned some poo poo he wasn't prepared to hear and now he wants to get off this rock

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
man of orange wants to go to orange planet mars

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

call me david duchovny

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Honky Dong Country posted:

I think it'd be cool if trump threads got gassed.

No way. Nothing but quality substantial debate going on in here.They should change the thread title back to the original name though.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Honky Dong Country posted:

I think it'd be cool if trump got gassed.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
so apparently one of the biggest banks in europe was a corespondent bank for another bank in moldova that laundered russian money, and because this huge bank also once lent money to trump, don is hosed now

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

so apparently one of the biggest banks in europe was a corespondent bank for another bank in moldova that laundered russian money, and because this huge bank also once lent money to trump, don is hosed now

that one's new to me

the one I had heard about was this one, where it turns out trump tower WAS being wiretapped! because the FBI was investigating a russian money laundering/gambling ring operating out of trump tower, ahahah

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

World War Mammories posted:

that one's new to me

the one I had heard about was this one, where it turns out trump tower WAS being wiretapped! because the FBI was investigating a russian money laundering/gambling ring operating out of trump tower, ahahah

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/21/deutsche-bank-that-lent-300m-to-trump-linked-to-russian-money-laundering-scam

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

that one's new to me

this is how the nsa catches everyone in the dragnet: watching targets and oops every computer connected to that target

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
"Gee, D&D, whaddya wanna do tonight?"

"The same thing we do every night, C-SPAM: Find a way Trump is hosed!"

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

that one's new to me

These are both interesting articles. Break out the forks cause this Presi-don't Trump guy is cooked.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ooh, that's pretty good. what a nice nightcap. visions of piss will take me to dreamland, a place where things matter

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Who will come out worse as a result of this Russia investigation?

What Obama Supporters want:
Trump found guilty of Treason. He is impeached and he and his family serve the rest of their lives in a hard labor camp. Obama is reinstated as president for life.

What Trump Supporters want:
Nothing is found on Trump. But it is revealed that Obama illegally wiretapped Trump, that he Illegally gave the CIA Orwellian NSA powers just so that he could get as much dirt on Trump as possible, that he is a pedophile, and it's finally revealed that he was born in Kenya. Obama goes to prison, but Trump gets off scot free.

What will probably happen:
Trump is found guilty under the Logan Act and he is fined $100. No dirt is found on Obama. Trump keeps the Orwellian surveillance state he inherited from Obama. Life moves on.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 22, 2017

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i've compared this whole thing to a roadrunner cartoon once before but it's just so apt

a tremendous explosion rocks the landscape, flames and smoke fill the horizon as far as the eye can see, everyone thinks that this is it, this is it, the long journey is finally over

then suddenly trump appears behind you and yells "BIGLY" and scurries away cheerfully, and you're back to square one

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Prorat posted:

Trump made democrats hate Russia, love the CIA, and now he makes them hate NASA.
A year from now the left will be voting against abortion and gay rights.

ok

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Prorat posted:

Trump made democrats hate Russia, love the CIA, and now he makes them hate NASA.
A year from now the left will be voting against abortion and gay rights.
Could see this happen lol

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A fine contribution to this thread. Have you subconsciously chosen your pro-life charity yet?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
so why do so many centrists wildly exaggerate trumps awfulness when the truth about him is so bad already?

e.g. two people who hate Hitler:
"Hitler sucks, am i right?"
"yeah, i mean, he killed 40 million jews"
"uh, well, it was actually closer to 6 million, but i agree th-"
"what was that? wow you sure love Hitler huh"

it seems needlessly alienating (which could be hillarys campaign slogan lol)

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

i wish we could sustain a "lol deutsche bank's hosed" thread but the everyone prefers the low brow comedy of trump to the true and eternal lols of the worst bank in the world.

at some point, the box opens and we find out if trump is hosed or not hosed. the deutsche thread would never end since deutsche exists in a permanent supposition of hosed/not-hosed since it's like their trying to fail and having to fight the combined efforts of the eu, the us government, and every financial regulator to do so

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
question for resident trumpsters ITT

what are ur thoughts on the science of climate change

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Homestar Runner posted:

This isn't the thread for that, this is current event thread about what Trump does and doesn't do and if he is hosed or not.

Thanks for not causing a distracting that will last 5 pages and go absolutely no where and not solve anything. TIA.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Zo posted:

so why do so many centrists wildly exaggerate trumps awfulness when the truth about him is so bad already?

e.g. two people who hate Hitler:
"Hitler sucks, am i right?"
"yeah, i mean, he killed 40 million jews"
"uh, well, it was actually closer to 6 million, but i agree th-"
"what was that? wow you sure love Hitler huh"

it seems needlessly alienating (which could be hillarys campaign slogan lol)

reminds me of the old Tim Buckley mock threads

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

im just askin questions, like DJT twitter styles

k so about that climate change science. thoughts?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Homestar Runner posted:

im just askin questions, like DJT twitter styles

k so about that climate change science. thoughts?

Pokemon Go away.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Homestar Runner posted:

It's real, past the point of no return, and the most any possible administration could do would just shift the timeline be a couple years. billions are probably going to die.

the unraveling of global trade or preemptive mass death are the best possible mitigation strategies and brutal xenophobia the best survival technique once it hits. Trump is the only responsible choice for the environmentalist or person concerned about societal collapse

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
derrrrrrrrrrrrrr if trump likes it , libtards gonna hate it derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-things a grown man who wears a red hat thinks

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I know it was 100 pages ago but I'm shocked and appalled by this

a bone to pick posted:

Where you trying to make a point here or just show everyone how chromosomally challenged you are?

um check your privilege much captain trisomy? not everyone has the luxury of an extra chromosome.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lifeboat ethics situations work out best the earlier you realize what's up. gotta start chucking people overboard and kicking them away as soon as possible. you wait too long and you all go under or they get you first

America is ideally suited to survive the coming catastrophe and its our duty to civilization to brutally merk other people in the name of our own survival. every act of compassion for others, every starving mouth fed, every person lifted out of poverty every refugee welcomed, every war averted is an act of violence against our species. the cleanest energy is a nuclear blast

TRUMP!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
The free media was supposed to be our first defense, and Trump is bringing them down one by one because they all have been co-opted and haven't been free for a long time now. When he says things like "I'm wiretapped!" and then when questioned about his sources he goes "Well, it's Fox News. I heard it on Fox News" implying they would have no reason to lie, then people actually spend time researching what the media has been feeding them for however long. That is his goal. The left won't believe a Republican President telling them that their sources of information are garbage, even though it should be very obvious by now vis a vis Russian hacks, pee tapes, non stop smoking guns every day (of course there is smoke when a vast majority of the media, which happens to be owned by like 5 people ;) claims to have a smoking gun in every morning article). He is bringing down the right leaning media that reports with garbage sources, innuendoes, and vague conspiracy theories. It happens on both sides, but nobody on the actual left will ever listen to him so he know his targets. But they might once all this bullshit with Russia, pisstapes, and whatever else they try to sell people come out as the complete and utter bullshit stories they are.

He's a very smart man. Hopefully people will listen to what he is saying

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 22, 2017

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
lmao at all of u

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

The free media was supposed to be our first defense, and Trump is bringing them down one by one because they all have been co-opted and haven't been free for a long time now. When he says things like "I'm wiretapped!" and then when questioned about his sources he goes "Well, it's Fox News. I heard it on Fox News" implying they would have no reason to lie, then people actually spend time researching what the media has been feeding them for however long. That is his goal. The left won't believe a Republican President telling them that their sources of information are garbage, even though it should be very obvious by now vis a vis Russian hacks, pee tapes, non stop smoking guns every day (of course there is smoke when a vast majority of the media, which happens to be owned by like 5 people ;) claims to have a smoking gun in every morning article). He is bringing down the right leaning media that reports with garbage sources, innuendoes, and vague conspiracy theories. It happens on both sides, but nobody on the actual left will ever listen to him so he know his targets. But they might once all this bullshit with Russia, pisstapes, and whatever else they try to sell people come out as the complete and utter bullshit stories they are.

He's a very smart man.

I found it , I find the last man alive who believes Trump is playing 11th dimensional chess instead of just being a fat orange man verging on senility.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Piss de Bundy posted:

I found it , I find the last man alive who believes Trump is playing 11th dimensional chess instead of just being a fat orange man verging on senility.

I'm wealthy and I want poor people to murder themselves over the limited resources in the world. But, for my own personal sociopathic enjoyment, I want them to realize why they are doing it while they do it because apparently they can't help themselves :)

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 22, 2017

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

I'm wealthy and I want poor people to murder themselves over the limited resources in the world. But, for my own personal sociopathic enjoyment, I want them to realize why they are doing it while they do it because apparently they can't help themselves :)

you're don jr? or ivanka? or are you barron

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Piss de Bundy posted:

you're don jr? or ivanka? or are you barron

The American Revolution was funded by wealthy individuals. The same has been true of many movements for freedom in history. You can’t fight the American elite without serious firepower. They will outspend you and destroy you by any and all means. What ever stupid thing it is you are doing with your life, that is what you should focus on instead :) Trump will make America Great Again, and probably Mars as well. You just have to get over it and accept you were and still are wrong.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

The American Revolution was funded by wealthy individuals. The same has been true of many movements for freedom in history. You can’t fight the American elite without serious firepower. They will outspend you and destroy you by any and all means. What ever stupid thing it is you are doing with your life, that is what you should focus on instead :) Trump will make America Great Again, and probably Mars as well. You just have to get over it and accept you were and still are wrong.

are you saying words or is this just some dumb metal gear solid bullshit

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
You've literally been brainwashed via the media and have a cult like mindset

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

You've literally been brainwashed via the media and have a cult like mindset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo