Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I was surprised to find that the university signed off on my proposal to start a Student Veterans' Association and have agreed to fund it, once I submit a constitution and bylaws.

Does anyone know about this stuff?

My knowledge so far consists of mess meetings, the shitstorm of the Firearms Association, and The Wire

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Frosted Flake posted:

I was surprised to find that the university signed off on my proposal to start a Student Veterans' Association and have agreed to fund it, once I submit a constitution and bylaws.

Does anyone know about this stuff?

My knowledge so far consists of mess meetings, the shitstorm of the Firearms Association, and The Wire

Talk to any Frat, club, etc that is recognized by the school and ask if you can see their poo poo, and just use it as template

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Hey duders,

I'm putting together a pass-down document from my class to the next class of vets in my program and I was wondering if anyone here had any inputs from their own experiences. I'm in a grad business program, but some experiences transcend schools/programs. I'd also be more than willing to supply a completed document to anyone that wants it (assuming I get enough to make it worthwhile).

Any thoughts?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Boon posted:

Hey duders,

I'm putting together a pass-down document from my class to the next class of vets in my program and I was wondering if anyone here had any inputs from their own experiences. I'm in a grad business program, but some experiences transcend schools/programs. I'd also be more than willing to supply a completed document to anyone that wants it (assuming I get enough to make it worthwhile).

Any thoughts?

I like the idea - it would've been nice if I had something like that when I started up college again back in 2005 - but what kind of inputs are you looking for? Admin pointers like not trusting the GI Bill to pay you on time? General stuff about how much you'll hate your classmates? Tips about not being the creepy guy at the party?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

3Romeo posted:

I like the idea - it would've been nice if I had something like that when I started up college again back in 2005 - but what kind of inputs are you looking for? Admin pointers like not trusting the GI Bill to pay you on time? General stuff about how much you'll hate your classmates? Tips about not being the creepy guy at the party?

How to get invited to parties?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I need tips on what badges to buy to put on my assault bag to get the MOST hillbilly pussy

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
i went to school with a guy in my guard unit, he wore a pt shirt with dog tags out pretty much every day. he was a 5 year pfc.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Boon posted:

Hey duders,

Any thoughts?

Are you going to charge them to access it, or was business school a complete waste of time?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Are you going to charge them to access it, or was business school a complete waste of time?

The implied cost is that they are still idiots for like math. NERDS

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I talked to my professor regarding the one group project where peer evals could cost me my Summa Cum Laude honor.

The dude is so loving chill, it blew my mind once again. He essentially said "Listen, I know how you work from last semester, and I saw that 80% of the mid-term group submission is your writing, so if the rest of the project is garbage, I'll grade you exclusively on the work you did and ignore the peer eval. I'll talk to the class about potential bad-faith evals like that tomorrow."

So I'm now gonna finish my poo poo by Sunday, and then just smugly play super-loving-clueless and innocent while the rest of my group continues on down on their Kruger-Dunning Spiral and giggles about giving me a lovely eval.

Talked to our outgoing no-fucks-given dean today regarding commencement etiquette, and he went "wear everything you can in a huge dumb heap, just make sure my honors society is on top" , and since I might get reimbursed for all commencement-related apparel, I'm thinking about going full retard and buying every single dumb item of honors bling that I'm eligible for, so I can walk around jingling like a rainbow-leper in two months.

:lol: @ graduation clownshows in this country

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Jingle you beautiful loving unicorn.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I talked to my professor regarding the one group project where peer evals could cost me my Summa Cum Laude honor.

The dude is so loving chill, it blew my mind once again. He essentially said "Listen, I know how you work from last semester, and I saw that 80% of the mid-term group submission is your writing, so if the rest of the project is garbage, I'll grade you exclusively on the work you did and ignore the peer eval. I'll talk to the class about potential bad-faith evals like that tomorrow."

So I'm now gonna finish my poo poo by Sunday, and then just smugly play super-loving-clueless and innocent while the rest of my group continues on down on their Kruger-Dunning Spiral and giggles about giving me a lovely eval.

Talked to our outgoing no-fucks-given dean today regarding commencement etiquette, and he went "wear everything you can in a huge dumb heap, just make sure my honors society is on top" , and since I might get reimbursed for all commencement-related apparel, I'm thinking about going full retard and buying every single dumb item of honors bling that I'm eligible for, so I can walk around jingling like a rainbow-leper in two months.

:lol: @ graduation clownshows in this country

Very nice.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

the only honors society I'm in outside of the main school "honors program" just buys us a little colored rope or something, like the infantry.

e: but good on you for getting yours. Group projects are horrible and I'm glad your professor knows what's up.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Wear every loving ribbon you can like some banana republic military dictator

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm gonna try to shoot for a bit of an Idi Amin-meets-soviet-bemedalled-general flair.

And then maybe indoor-shades for the Gaddafi-swag.

I just realized that - including the latin honors - I can wear four loving medals. This is gonna look exquisitely ridiculous.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm gonna try to shoot for a bit of an Idi Amin-meets-soviet-bemedalled-general flair.

And then maybe indoor-shades for the Gaddafi-swag.

I just realized that - including the latin honors - I can wear four loving medals. This is gonna look exquisitely ridiculous.

You NEED to be flanked by your Korean roommates if you pull the Gaddafi look

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gonna need sunglasses and some gold braid on your mortarboard.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
and the biggest, shiniest handgun you can get

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
And an enormous cigar that puts Castro's dingle dangle to shame.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Calculus makes me want to die.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Commoners posted:

The secret to calculus is making yourself forget EVERYTHING you know about math aside from the deductive reasoning aspects and then memorizing the different rules.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I am already functionally illiterate when it comes to math, so I don't even have to forget anything!

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Commoners posted:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Commoners posted:

I am already functionally illiterate when it comes to math, so I don't even have to forget anything!

This. Basic math is fine. I'll even fanagle my way around excel formulas. Everything else is stupid because I don't understand it. I don't want to understand it either. Just like you don't want to know about the Johari window in communications or why your resolution is the way it is on YouTube videos.

I'll leave that poo poo for people that can do math. I need flexibility and don't abide well by solid rules mathematics typically applies.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Booblord Zagats posted:

Talk to any Frat, club, etc that is recognized by the school and ask if you can see their poo poo, and just use it as template

Thanks. Did that this week. They seem pretty standard.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Soulex posted:

This. Basic math is fine. I'll even fanagle my way around excel formulas. Everything else is stupid because I don't understand it. I don't want to understand it either. Just like you don't want to know about the Johari window in communications or why your resolution is the way it is on YouTube videos.

I'll leave that poo poo for people that can do math. I need flexibility and don't abide well by solid rules mathematics typically applies.

The secret to math is that a computer already does it better. Doing math without a computer is like trying to write a novel on stone tablets.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Frosted Flake posted:

Thanks. Did that this week. They seem pretty standard.

The laziest solution is often the best

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Chill professor update:

He prefaced his talk by saying "this isn't necessarily specifically addressed at this section", and then went on to point out that he would consider coordinated or unduly awarded peer evaluations an act of academic dishonesty. There were a whole bunch of quickly-exchanged glances around the room, but my group mates barely even registered the speech.

Kruger Dunning is a hell of an effect.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm switching my degree to communications. I'm actually kinda stoked on it over visual arts. Plus it's handier.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
My undergrad was an art degree. I don't regret it but it didn't exactly open up my world to job opportunities.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

My undergrad was an art degree. I don't regret it but it didn't exactly open up my world to job opportunities.

Yeah. I thought VocRehab was carte Blanche but it isn't so I'm definitely having to switch.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Have a brief look at what two graduating marketing majors believe is sufficient effort and contribution to their capstone project (a strategic marketing plan).

quote:

Our two merchandise items that we want to really focus on are a Hydroflask and Fanny Packs. Both of these fit OCWC brand. We will leverage the social media platforms to promote the HydroFlask & Fanny Packs. In deliverable 6 we discuss a drawing for a free Fanny Pack by utilizing Instagram which in turn gets the word out about AZ Gives Day, OCWC and promotes the merchandise.

As previously stated in deliverable 2, we gave the suggestion of creating a sponsorship with Hydro Flask. They have sponsored XYZ. The company is all about giving back to causes that are near and dear to their heart. Hydro Flask has a new giving program called Parks for All. We know this would be a positive impact for x
“With our new giving program, Parks for All, we’re focusing our efforts on one overarching goal: supporting the development and maintenance of public green spaces everywhere to enable people to live healthier, happier, and more fulfilled lives. This extends to parks of all kinds and sizes, in the U.S. and beyond.” (Hydro Flask)

They also donate to nature causes. We chose Hydro Flask because they are the fastest growing hydration company in the United States. Which means two things for x. They have money to help support, and this is a very popular product that many consumers want. Hydro’s market placement is in the Outdoor arena, Natural Food, Coffee and Beer channels. Since we want start with Arizona College students (deliverable 6). We feel the Hydro is the perfect fit for both parties involved, x and Arizona College Students. Hydros also promote using a reusable bottle instead of carrying plastic water bottles to the creek or in nature and just leaving it in nature.

Pictured above is an example of what the Hydro Flask could look like. We chose this very colorful design because it shows the beauty of Arizona, specifically x. We chose the colorful photo catches people’s eyes and promotes the thought process that Arizona is beautiful state and we need to take action to keep it that way.

Our second and final merchandise piece is a Fanny Pack. We know the Fanny Pack is a great way to have a bag to carry snacks in, but also they can put the trash back in the pack and carry it back out. Fanny packs are trendy with college students which are our initial target market; therefore, we feel like this will be a perfect match.
x can create any type of merchandise that is requested including fanny packs. (see Deliverable 6 for pricing)

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
It's fine. Once automation takes all the jobs we'll be forced to implement basic income anyways.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What ducking college student wears fanny packs?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
What veteran says ducking?

:haw:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Autocorrect. It's something I'm usually too lazy/stoned/ignorant/whatever to change it.

I legit met the vet who said 'cheese and rice.' Dude was weird.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Was he a medically retired Mormon from Montana?

His favorite "profanity" was "dirty sow." He also referred to hired help as "Tobies" and legit did not know what that meant.

Actually a really good dude, just way funny for reasons beyond his own comprehension.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 28, 2017

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Naked Bear posted:

He also referred to hired help as "Tobies" and legit did not know what that meant.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
We had a kind of slow Asian dude in one of my units that all the black guys called Toby and I'm pretty sure I was the only non-black person who got the reference or it would have been stopped, but I was a grossly irresponsible NCO and let it slide because I thought it was funny.