Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

You spelled it wrong though, it's supposed to be unpronounceable but you said יוהו which is like yoohoo or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
To the people talking about Goten/Trunks, pretty sure they're kept young looking because they just have no desire to advance their characters/plot into adulthood, and we already had future Trunks so it makes it extra pointless to flesh out another adult Trunks. Goten would just be Gohan 2 in personality probably.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Akumos posted:

To the people talking about Goten/Trunks, pretty sure they're kept young looking because they just have no desire to advance their characters/plot into adulthood, and we already had future Trunks so it makes it extra pointless to flesh out another adult Trunks. Goten would just be Gohan 2 in personality probably.

I think Goten could grow up pretty different from Gohan, since he will (might?) have a fightman father growing into adulthood, Gohan grew up with Chichi and books from age 12. And Trunks could be interesting since he should be different to Future Trunks, he grew up pretty content , admittedly with a weird family dynamic, is mostly confident and carefree, pretty far removed from his counterpart, so I think it could be interesting to see who he grows up into, assuming they don't forget he's a different character to the time traveler *cough*GT*cough*.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What's more embarrassing for Toppo? Being fought to a standstill by an Evil man or being fought to a standstill by a man who sounds like granny nagging grandpa when he's throwing punches (Goku's throwing punches, not grandpa)?

This whole thing has been Goku's plan to get Vegeta to ascend to the next level of Super Saiyan fury.

Nice baby you've got there. Be a shame if something happened to it (and everything else).

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah if this isn't some ploy on Goku's part to make sure everyone fights as hard as they can, I will be somewhat surprised.

Honestly this is all Chi-Chi's fault; forcing a man-child to do boring work instead of punching things, he's bound to start itching for real fights.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol that the main antagonists in this tournament are the Justice Force

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think Goten could grow up pretty different from Gohan, since he will (might?) have a fightman father growing into adulthood, Gohan grew up with Chichi and books from age 12. And Trunks could be interesting since he should be different to Future Trunks, he grew up pretty content , admittedly with a weird family dynamic, is mostly confident and carefree, pretty far removed from his counterpart, so I think it could be interesting to see who he grows up into, assuming they don't forget he's a different character to the time traveler *cough*GT*cough*.

trunks seems like a pretty happy kid so yeah no way he ends up like future trunks

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

tbp posted:

trunks seems like a pretty happy kid so yeah no way he ends up like future trunks

Also the purple/blue hair thing, no idea whats going on there.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Future Trunks's hair became blue because the hosed up future was giving him the blues

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Imagine how much cooler the Goku Black arc would have been if Future Trunks and Mai had to stay in the main timeline after there's got destroyed instead of Whis pulling a magic timeline out of his rear end

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DrPaper posted:

Imagine how much cooler the Goku Black arc would have been if Future Trunks and Mai had to stay in the main timeline after there's got destroyed instead of Whis pulling a magic timeline out of his rear end

When we next see Trunks all of the people in his new rear end-pull timeline will be dead. This is the way of Trunks.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DrPaper posted:

yeah i dont get why they did that. i guess cuz realistically future trunks would have to eventually end up at ssg level and they didnt want that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't get​why they destroyed the universe at all.

Just let them kill the dude.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
As far as I'm concerned the future they went to was their own timeline that was right before Zeno destroyed it with Zamasu just gone, and no one can tell me otherwise.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rodyle posted:

I don't get​why they destroyed the universe at all.

Just let them kill the dude.

To set up that "Zeno can and will destroy the universe" is a thing and not a theoretical and to introduce the second Zeno who will probably play into the plot.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

DrPaper posted:

Well they needed a way to keep Xenoverse canon while leaving the cooler Super Trunks around. Still think the 'other Trunks" got booted to Time Patrol by the Surpeme Kai of Time and Whis to get rid of him from that timeline so Super Trunks can live his life.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

To set up that "Zeno can and will destroy the universe" is a thing and not a theoretical and to introduce the second Zeno who will probably play into the plot.

The Zenos will fight and it will be both the best and worst fight of the series.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

sassassin posted:

The Zenos will fight and it will be both the best and worst fight of the series.

Galaxy imploding neverending windmill punch
Infinitely eradicating hyper space kicks

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Gurren Lagann was so good, look at that animation

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think it's real hosed up and racist that all the Supreme Kais are just one race. like the Gods of Destruction are some cats, a clown, a robot, Aris, and a pink elephant, where's the diversity Kai huh?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

the real reason is cuz toriyama never thought of this poo poo beforehand then when he decided to expand the god characters he realized he wanted to do more designs. the in universe reason is that the kais are all grown on trees but gods of destruction are appointed from mortals, apparently

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

tbp posted:

the real reason is cuz toriyama never thought of this poo poo beforehand then when he decided to expand the god characters he realized he wanted to do more designs. the in universe reason is that the kais are all grown on trees but gods of destruction are appointed from mortals, apparently

This whole tournament is just Goku's job application for god of destruction. You can destroy a couple planets? Try wiping out 7 universes in under an hour.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

That's not what the God of Destruction's job is.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Aurora posted:

No, but if Zeno is hiring someone to keep lazy fuckers like Beerus in line then it's a pretty good start.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

The God of Destruction has no actual job description, its pretty vague what the actual duties of any of these celestial people are.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The Kais are apparently Gods of Creation and we haven't seen them create poo poo. Hell, Supreme Kai didn't even know Beerus existed until Old Kai told him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

The Kais are apparently Gods of Creation and we haven't seen them create poo poo. Hell, Supreme Kai didn't even know Beerus existed until Old Kai told him.

Supreme Kai created a cube of metal once.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

The God of Destruction has no actual job description, its pretty vague what the actual duties of any of these celestial people are.

Momomo posted:

To be fair, we've really only seen that gods of the second worst universe in action for most of the story. Maybe the gods of the better universes are more on the ball.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Momomo posted:

I think it's been pretty firmly established that the only thing keeping U7 from being the worst of the lot is U9's genuine corruption, thanks to the fact that they're all stupid lazy idiots with most of the competent ones dead with the equivalent of a shitpants 11 year old nerd in charge with the help of a geriatric and a gluttonous killslob of a Destroyer.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

To be fair, we've really only seen that gods of the second worst universe in action for most of the story. Maybe the gods of the better universes are more on the ball.

No wonder King Yemma is always pissed off, he is the only competent bureaucrat in the entire organization.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Momomo posted:

As far as I'm concerned the future they went to was their own timeline that was right before Zeno destroyed it with Zamasu just gone, and no one can tell me otherwise.

It's actually still the same timeline with everything destroyed and Whis was just lying so the Future Characters would go away and never come back because there was only enough fuel for one trip.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Gowasu outright points out that the Kaioshins should do nothing but wait and see, and he ends up pushing his student to become a multiversal murderer and godslayer. The U6 Gods include an arrogant poo poo of a Kaioshin and Beerus, but even more childish and slightly better of a person.

I think the Gods are just awful in general.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Blaze Dragon posted:

Gowasu outright points out that the Kaioshins should do nothing but wait and see, and he ends up pushing his student to become a multiversal murderer and godslayer. The U6 Gods include an arrogant poo poo of a Kaioshin and Beerus, but even more childish and slightly better of a person.

I think the Gods are just awful in general.

Champa is childish when it comes to Beerus we haven't seen how the U6 kai's act yet or how Champa does his job clearly better since their rating is higher. You have to remember Beerus does things like letting Frieza do his job because he's too lazy to do it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
It's likely Vados making sure he does what he does. She might fail at getting him on a proper diet but he can at least destroy stuff

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, U6 has a higher rating but it might not be ALL that high. Maybe they have it by a decimal because at least their Freeza pretended to be nice.

I also think God of Destruction position was sorta explained with the mortal level. They're supposed to cull "bad" worlds or at least bad influences - see those guys over there that can only fight? Blow 'em up. Ah, there's this pink prick wrecking poo poo up, better DELETE him. As for the Kaioshins, that's a bit more vague. Are they popping out new planets on the regular? Are they just supposed to watch over life and page their GoD (dumb acronym) if they see terrible poo poo happening? Maybe they actually HAVE to interfere and foster good things in the world and Gowasu was just poo poo at his job? Who knows? I don't, and neither does Toriyama or his team! :v:

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Dias posted:

I mean, U6 has a higher rating but it might not be ALL that high. Maybe they have it by a decimal because at least their Freeza pretended to be nice.

I also think God of Destruction position was sorta explained with the mortal level. They're supposed to cull "bad" worlds or at least bad influences - see those guys over there that can only fight? Blow 'em up. Ah, there's this pink prick wrecking poo poo up, better DELETE him. As for the Kaioshins, that's a bit more vague. Are they popping out new planets on the regular? Are they just supposed to watch over life and page their GoD (dumb acronym) if they see terrible poo poo happening? Maybe they actually HAVE to interfere and foster good things in the world and Gowasu was just poo poo at his job? Who knows? I don't, and neither does Toriyama or his team! :v:

Judging by how Beerus criticized Shin? They should take an active role in the guidance of the worlds in their universes (or at least in the bureaucracy, Shin didn't even try to assist or advise King Kai on anything, for example.)

And yeah, Gowasu wasn't particularly good at his job either. We had a direct example of that in his idea of a remedy for Zamasu's anti-Ningenism.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Gowasu is the guy who landed a cushy job at a tech firm and gets to watch GodTube all day

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
You think that's an alien that just happens to look like a clown? Or is he an actual clown? Is that make up and a fake nose?

So far he doesn't seem to act clownish. I'm leaning towards it being a coincidence that his race resembles clowns from universe 7 earth

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Flippinlikebirds posted:

You think that's an alien that just happens to look like a clown? Or is he an actual clown? Is that make up and a fake nose?

So far he doesn't seem to act clownish. I'm leaning towards it being a coincidence that his race resembles clowns from universe 7 earth

In his universe, Clowns are SYMBOLS OF JUSTICE. Humble fools who take it upon themselves to prank evil into submission and protect the children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Dias posted:

I think of Kaioshins as the 'gardeners' of their universe. They plant seeds (create planets and life), mow/water the lawn (foster growth in mortals and civilization), and design/arrange everything according to their preference (encourage advancement of certain aspects). I guess the GoD's job in this analogy is to remove weeds and wilting/dead plants so they don't make the entire garden look worse, and to make space for new flowers.

• Locked thread