Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Kheldarn posted:

It's like he left before he finished his training.

That's not the case. Unless the series has changed that, he had to earn the right to leave. Fighting a robot man in Kun'Lun. Hell, the Iron Fist was the very last thing they could attempt to teach him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mover posted:

ey yo nick got that michael jackson disease, that's rough my man

they had to make him white so Asros would stop constantly spouting racial slurs

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
It's nice to see Infinity 1.1 has all the same problems people were complaining about when the preview post went up, multiplied by the fact that the cost of some of the new things is absurd (24 points to get 4% damage to weakened is obnoxiously close to just boosting the attribute for 4% damage unconditionally, plus the deflect boosts). Also, the proc damage based on attributes is apparently utterly garbage. And there's still masteries that raise crit chance on ult/sig, in a game where multiple characters auto-crit/brute on ult/sig.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I'm so glad i had one kung fu sequence left in my entire account.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

AzraelNewtype posted:

It's nice to see Infinity 1.1 has all the same problems people were complaining about when the preview post went up, multiplied by the fact that the cost of some of the new things is absurd (24 points to get 4% damage to weakened is obnoxiously close to just boosting the attribute for 4% damage unconditionally, plus the deflect boosts). Also, the proc damage based on attributes is apparently utterly garbage. And there's still masteries that raise crit chance on ult/sig, in a game where multiple characters auto-crit/brute on ult/sig.

What are the problems?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

malhavok posted:

What are the problems?
Well, the old problems (from the preview post thread) were:
- Spirit cost reduction is a lot harder to come by (it was nonexistent in the first iteration of 1.1, now it's a bonus off of, what, Mind?)
- flat +Spirit dead (this one got fixed iirc?)
- semi-typed damage (+Area/+Movement) gone, which among other things was another round of Juggernaut-especially-hard-with-no-compensation nerf
- bonuses to your ult/its cooldown reduction are garbage with no actual impact
- stat-based procs are useless filler at best, trap-stat at worst
- lots of the incentives aren't worth it unless you were already going to dump 150+ into that category anyway, and even then are more a minor bonus than an actual incentive; Taskmaster will probably be the only character who ever bothers to try to hit all of them, because it's a free +6 all on top of the +stats he's going to buy.

But the really big ones that should've died after the preview post and deserve to be mentioned a thousand times were:
- anything ult-related
- the procs

as stated.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 21, 2017

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Damnit i needed that spirit cost reduction to get Iron Fists sig down to 20s.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Basically a perfect world for Spirit in Marvel Heroes is 1 of 2 options:
- Spirit Cost reduction makes it easier to do stupid gimmicks + breaks open absolutely stupid builds for some characters sometimes, and is easily accessible to everyone
- Spirit Cost reduction is no longer necessary because everyone's kits have sufficient tools, by being one of:
--- A wax-wane system like BlackBolt
----A build-burst like Juggernaut
----A steady throughput system like Silver Surfer
----Ammo done well (Punisher / Star-Lord and not the TC build of Nick Fury)
----A kit where you want to use Basics for some reason beyond 'are free' like a Combo Point builder/finisher system
----A kit where a certain talent loadout obviates Spirit for using the right sort of rotation/setup (Nightcrawler)

But that'll require redoing a decent number of more characters' kits. Also Taskmaster shouldn't be required to take the Iron Fist talent to not feel like piss and rear end.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

- Spirit cost reduction is a lot harder to come by (it was nonexistent in the first iteration of 1.1, now it's a bonus off of, what, Mind?)
- flat +Spirit dead (this one got fixed iirc?)
- semi-typed damage (+Area/+Movement) gone, which among other things was another round of Juggernaut-especially-hard-with-no-compensation nerf
- bonuses to your ult/its cooldown reduction are garbage with no actual impact
- stat-based procs are useless filler at best, trap-stat at worst
- lots of the incentives aren't worth it unless you were already going to dump 150+ into that category anyway, and even then are more a minor bonus than an actual incentive; Taskmaster will probably be the only character who ever bothers to try to hit all of them, because it's a free +6 all on top of the +stats he's going to buy.

But the really big ones that should've died after the preview post and deserve to be mentioned a thousand times were:
- anything ult-related
- the procs

as stated.

This all sounds wrong. Did you actually read the patch notes?

Everyone is going to be speccing 150 points or more in Mind because it has: Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and Max Spirit. That gets you free life-on-crit, 10% cost reduction, and +1 to all attributes.

Same thing for Power because it's Brut Chance and Brut Damage, and Speed because of Atk+Movespd.

Space, Soul, and Reality are more niche, but if you have a secondary attribute there, you'll definitely sink 150 points and score the bonuses.

So, for most heroes, the worst case is that they go from -18.8% reduction to -10.3%, which is supposed to be getting helped along eventually by itemization.

As far as the damage goes, it's probably not that big a deal since people are going to be able to more directly invest in appropriate stats without the Round Robin.

Overall, it's a much better system, even if it needs a few tweaks.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Everyone is going to be speccing 150 points or more in Mind because it has: Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and Max Spirit. That gets you free life-on-crit, 10% cost reduction, and +1 to all attributes.

But before you could get 18.8% and i absolutely needed it.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ncsoft just wanted to remind you all, go gently caress yourselves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra7O7LqNh5w

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Percelus posted:

ncsoft just wanted to remind you all, go gently caress yourselves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra7O7LqNh5w

Wikipedia posted:

Master X Master (MXM) is an upcoming multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA)
I don't think they're in any place to do that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Toshimo posted:

Same thing for Power because it's Brut Chance and Brut Damage, and Speed because of Atk+Movespd.
These are actually not that good though, unless they've been individually rebalanced on the TC.

Magneto has auto-crits for most of his stuff, so Brut Chance is good but even then it's currently 150 points for 5% - at my gear level that's ~550 Brutal Strike Rating. That's an amount I can find on a single piece of gear, unlike 6 more Intelligence. The vast majority of people aren't going to be at a gear level where this node offers more brutal strike than they could get in a gear slot. The brut damage is good because it's, again, more than you could get in a single slot - even with a dedicated Doomsaw - but it's still a very niche stat unless you're at a high gear level or playing someone who autocrits enough that you have a good true brutal chance across all your attacks.

Move speed is a stat that does nothing but convince you it's important. You have a travel button and in combat you're going to dash. The only place it makes a non-psychological difference is going between the stash and the crafter. Attack speed is a node that hits the diminishing returns on that stat all by itself - the value of it becomes marginal very quickly due to the ubiquity of attack speed stats on uniques (something that will change, but not now) and the harsh curve past 20%.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

they needed to kill CoX for hit gaem wildstar but do not worry, statesman is in a dotalike

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
People who played City of Heroes are barely above those that play Future Fight.

In fact they're worse because they keep trying to kickstart their own silly little reimaginations of the game which all fail. Rather hilariously.

Kelp's still not leader right?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Toshimo posted:

I understand that your Thing in this thread is knee-jerk defenses of everything they do for this game, but you missed the first part of the post where I said

quote:

And the only things I stated about What Actually Happened, And/Or Would Be Insane Not To Happen, are that:
- % Spirit reduction sounded like it's getting worse in Infinity 1.1, which it is,
- that +Spirit is there even though it wasn't in the initial preview (so a positive change!)
- and that the ult modifiers and procs are garbage, which they are.

I understand that, having taken a tone with you, you're probably going to autistically screech about my post history ITT, in which case, may I provide you with the guides I've written as to how to play characters in this game, in positive tones:
here
supplemental
here
here
here
here
here

And contrast that to those that you've provided:
:happened:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Also, I'm not sure losing 47% of the currently available spirit reduction is something you can just shrug at and assume items that they've just kicked further down the road (Nick Fury has uniques up when Bolt was supposed to be the last before they had Omega ready) are going to fix their problems. There's a bunch of characters who use cost reduction for things other than flat cost reduction, all of whom are taking it on the chin here (one of whom was just clobbered last week).

Oh, also they cut the max move speed bonus in half, for people who were into that, and in so doing raised the cost for attack speed for the more sensible people who realized the thing Ghostlight said even as of the current system (attack speed is way more important than the other things in that gem if you aren't using the speed attribute (mostly), but that's not a high bar to clear). Now the characters who have channeled attacks that scale with attack speed will be able to spend more points to get the same effect, but walk 25% faster in the raft until you ding 10 and never walk long distances again. And, honestly, less that even since at that level of spending you're getting the fourth dash charge and medkit refresh.

I still find it just as weird that they decided to eschew all "niche" nodes per gem at the very same time they made it so you're not punished by them. As long as you can spend 150 points for something of marginal value on a gem, the mastery system and lack of round robin alone would have been an improvement. Without having points trapped on a gem that has the niche nodes, you just spend elsewhere and encourage actual build diversity across heroes, rather than merely encouraging that every hero spend diversely (in roughly the same pattern, only deviating for whichever of their archetype attributes are more important to push hard).

edit:

Oh, and also Taskmaster. Taskmaster is now left in the dust right after Lozareth managed to get him competitive, because without round robin you can straight up compare flat point costs for attributes. He's getting an extra percent per +1 All Mastery, but for the price of actually incrementing all six by one (or one by six if you want to just stack Int) he gets 9% while everyone else gets 24% for the same price. Not even a hint that they've realized this is an even bigger problem now than it used to be (the gimmick was never very good).

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 21, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Giedroyc posted:

People who played City of Heroes are barely above those that play Future Fight.

In fact they're worse because they keep trying to kickstart their own silly little reimaginations of the game which all fail. Rather hilariously.

Kelp's still not leader right?

youre banned from my spiritual successor to city of heroes, titled Heroes of the City, and you will never get to meet the very original main character Captain USA and do tasks for him

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

malhavok posted:

I'm so glad i had one kung fu sequence left in my entire account.

That's one more than Iron Fist has

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Undocumented change on TC: characters whose offensive trait grants +25% critical hit damage have had that reduced to +15%.

I'm not sure that amounts to much in practice, but still. :gaz:

Edit: so apparently +X% critical damage bonuses now affect brutal damage as well, which I guess makes this OK after all? And maybe even the Hawkeye/Mr Fantastic synergies too. :iiam:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 22, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah the reason they changed Tasky's trait from 3% per to 1.5% per was because of round robin and lil' babies whining about how it advantaged him in the long run (lol as if it mattered given his trash tier status)

so now that round robin is gone it's time to Make Taskmaster Average Again!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the most baffling thing about nick fury is he just summons generic SHIELD agents instead of any of the unique SHIELD agents that have models and names and animations already right there for him to use

why did they think that was a good idea

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Blockhouse posted:

the most baffling thing about nick fury is he just summons generic SHIELD agents instead of any of the unique SHIELD agents that have models and names and animations already right there for him to use

why did they think that was a good idea
Same reason Luke Cage can't have all four summons out at the same time due to its making combat more of a mess visually, and yet as recently as Black Bolt they've come up with powers that poo poo out obnoxiously opaque VFX.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MMAgCh posted:

Same reason Luke Cage can't have all four summons out at the same time due to its making combat more of a mess visually, and yet as recently as Black Bolt they've come up with powers that poo poo out obnoxiously opaque VFX.

I really don't think it's more of a visual mess to replace a SHIELDman summon with SHIELDman in derby hat summon or SHIELDwoman in white outfit summon

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Blockhouse posted:

I really don't think it's more of a visual mess to replace a SHIELDman summon with SHIELDman in derby hat summon or SHIELDwoman in white outfit summon
"Because it's :gaz: and their decision-making process can be rather suspect at times" is what I was going for. Sorry! :shobon:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh my bad in that case yeah probably

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Oh hey, this is nice, welcome, and fixes a longstanding thing that caused a lot of confusion

Psilocke posted:

No it was not deemed too strong. We forgot to post patch notes that Critical Damage Percent now affects both Critical Damage and Brutal Damage (previously it did not affect Brutal Damage)

It now functions the same as Critical Damage Rating.

TL;DR
Before:
10% Critical Damage = 10% more damage with Critical Hits only
After:
10% Critical Damage = 10% more damage with Critical Hits AND Brutal Strikes

This was a stealth buff. Boo ya.

So crit damage % is a decent stat that doesn't get any weaker due to brutal strike chance.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

"Because it's :gaz: and their decision-making process can be rather suspect at times" is what I was going for. Sorry! :shobon:

How dare you
*unsheathes katana to defend Gaz-senpai's honor*

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Grinning Goblin posted:

Oh hey, this is nice, welcome, and fixes a longstanding thing that caused a lot of confusion

So crit damage % is a decent stat that doesn't get any weaker due to brutal strike chance.
Good change.

poo poo change management.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nick Fury is an ammo-based character who needs a tier 5 talent to have any kind of ammo replenishment outside of his natural one, and it's tied to his 30s sig. You cannot use any ammo abilities while his ammo replenishes. Ammo replenishes at the fixed rate of 15% per second once it is emptied.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

Nick Fury is an ammo-based character who needs a tier 5 talent to have any kind of ammo replenishment outside of his natural one, and it's tied to his 30s sig. You cannot use any ammo abilities while his ammo replenishes. Ammo replenishes at the fixed rate of 15% per second once it is emptied.

Yea I have no idea how that made it past the design process. Obviously Punisher has rapid reload, Rocket has his reload on an 8 second cooldown and Blade has a ton of melee / cooldown abilities he can use while his ammo reloads(or take the talent that makes your sig refill ammo).

Fury gets to sit there doing nothing or lol slot a basic to use. :gaz:

e: guess they listened to basically every post in the feedback thread

quote:

Upcoming Changes so far:

Lola on Loan now has a short animation and is targetable in any direction around Nick Fury.

Nick Fury now has a reload, "Fresh Clips." This allows him to actively reload and has a shorter cooldown if used below 25% ammo.

Auto-reload removed from talent Blitz.

Tumble speed increased significantly.

Fixed bug where you could repeatedly call in Redwing by button mashing.

Dum Dum Dugan is now the first Shield Agent you can make a part of your fireteam.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 22, 2017

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
How has nobody posted COSTUME WARS yet???

quote:

It's time to Vote for the Next Marvel Heroes 2016 Costume(s)!

It's clear that you guys want to see more costumes for your favorite heroes! We have compiled a list of costumes that was suggested by YOU that could be our next costumes in-game.

Note that some costumes would fall under the "Enhanced" category which would take longer for our team to make. Some might even fall outside of the current scope of the team and could come much later.

Voting will last until April 10th, 2017! Dates may change

VOTE HERE!
Click this link to Vote!

Note that the listing is in no particular order.

Look below to see how each costume looks like in the comics...

X-MEN

Jean Grey Red X-Factor
Emma Frost
Emma Frost Dark X-men
Juggernaut No Helmet
Storm X-treme
Magneto Age of Apocalypse
Magneto All New All Different
X-23 New X-Men
Scarlet Witch Disassembled
Gambit the Collector
Gambit Age of Apocalypse
Deadpool Maid
Wolverine Age of Apocalypse
Wolverine Daken
Wolverine Sabretooth
Cyclops Dark Phoenix
Colossus
Beast Dark
Beast Dark Vortex

AVENGERS

Bucky Captain America
Hawkeye Ultimate
Iron Man Superior
Spider-Man 2099
Spider-Punk
Captain Marvel Noh-Varr
Hulk – Red Hulk
War Machine Iron Man 2

OTHERS

Moon Knight
Squirrel Girl Old Lady
Loki First Movie
Taskmaster Planet Hulk
Nova Richard Rider
Doctor Strange Clea
Doctor Strange The Ancient One
Doctor Doom House of M
Angela Gwengela
Angela Vote Loki

Depending on the work-load of our team, the amount of costumes we make from this list may vary. We might do a final vote with the Top 5 depending on the results.

Thanks again and we can't wait to see the results!

Images linked in the thread https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/317674/costume-wars-2017-voting-ends-4-10/p1

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kainser posted:

Images linked in the thread https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/317674/costume-wars-2017-voting-ends-4-10/p1

Deadpool maid better win

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I did my part and voted for cross dressing and weird old people. Disappointed by the Magneto options though.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

The most impressive thing about this list is how lackluster all the choices are.

VV I'd vote for that over anything else they put up. VV

nostrata fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 22, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4142703#Comment_4142703

I put in an extra costume that I hope will do well

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Fat Rouge is the reigning champ, if anyone deserves it, it's her.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Kainser posted:

Why is Storm X-treme white?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I am so down for Old Lady Squirrel Girl in lieu of no Golden Oldie.

Also boxers Moon Knight for lack of briefs Dr. Strange.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 22, 2017