Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Captain Baal posted:

It's the battle music from Raidou 1, yeah. All of the costumes have battle music from their respective game attached to them.

Can't wait to be a cool-rear end thief while Mass Destruction plays in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are there different outfits you can wear built into the game or is DLC the only way to change them?

Edit: And a quick gameplay question for those who played it, without getting into spoilers, do I need to brush up on my esoteric tidbits like knowing why ancient Egyptians wore make-up or when soccer became part of the Olympics or other weird poo poo like that to raise my stats like in 4?

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 21, 2017

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Are there different outfits you can wear built into the game or is DLC the only way to change them?

There were free ones in the JP release. Christmas set, Butler, and all the regular clothes the characters wear outside of dungeons I believe.

There's a feature in the game where you can look up what everyone else picked as an answer for the school problems so you don't even have to leave the game to cheat

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Can't wait to be a cool-rear end thief while Mass Destruction plays in the background

I've found a fatal contradiction in your plans: you cannot wear the P3 costumes and be cool

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
It's me, I'm the problem, I'm the guy that's gonna buy all of these

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jimbot posted:

Edit: And a quick gameplay question for those who played it, without getting into spoilers, do I need to brush up on my esoteric tidbits like knowing why ancient Egyptians wore make-up or when soccer became part of the Olympics or other weird poo poo like that to raise my stats like in 4?

You don't get any of the outfits in the game, they are all DLC. Some were free and some came with the special edition pre-order, that's all the DLC I got in my JP Version because I didn't need to spend even more money.

Yes, there is a bunch of silly esoteric stuff in this game you will not know and need to answer in class to raise your expression and knowledge, enjoy that happening to you again.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The music is attached to the outfits, you cannot be in your thief clothes and have mass destruction, I'm sorry to say.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Think of it this way if you don't buy ME:A you can afford all the P5 DLC and still have a better time :v:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Wait we're not getting the If… costume set?! That sucks. Karukosaka's uniforms are snazzy as gently caress, and the remixed track they used is really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNag9_NO1CQ

I guess I'll just settle for P2 & Catherine.

Neeksy fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 22, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbf this is announced dlc, they could very well drop the rest of it down the road, but who knows.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yeah there could be more coming so many months away its not worth mentioning now.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

The music is attached to the outfits, you cannot be in your thief clothes and have mass destruction, I'm sorry to say.

That kinda sucks, but I can sorta understand why.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Gonna buy the Raidou costume set and pretend I'm playing a Raidou game where he accidently gets teleported into the future.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Gonna buy the Raidou costume set and pretend I'm playing a Raidou game where he accidently gets teleported into the future.

just name your character Raidou the XVII or something and wear it

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

In my head Raidou XIV is Naoto's off-screen grandfather.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

In my head Raidou XIV is Naoto's off-screen grandfather.

That'd make her background interesting.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

arent the raidou games a movie series in persona though? or did i make that up

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im only going to buy the persona 1 and 2 dlc outfits and hopefully the if... outfits. i won't buy the SMT IV and Raidou ones cause I'm an idiot who hasn't played them yet

I'm a bit bummed about them stretching the DLC releases out tho, cause like, i know my blistering dumbass is gonna tear through this game and what am i gonna do, replay the 90 hour jrg again for the swimsuit dlc???

maybe

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

arent the raidou games a movie series in persona though? or did i make that up

In English, they bring up Raidou with a series of some sorts. In Japanese, it's supposed to be a ref to a big-time fictional detective whose name escapes me at the moment.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
wasnt expecting to pay for dlc only persona

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I forgot to mention you get victory results music depending on the costumes you're wearing as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbiiOvhewOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOpVAoSGTSk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OyLKBc3QVg

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
holy poo poo I didn't even think about the Persona 1 DLC giving me Lone Prayer for every fight

GOTY

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I wonder which song the Catherine outfits get

Really want to stomp shadows while revolutionary etude blasts

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Catherine theme you get is the Obelisk stage theme iirc, it's not a great choice tbh, but it's a good song

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

boy are my arms tired posted:

I wonder which song the Catherine outfits get

Really want to stomp shadows while revolutionary etude blasts

The important point is that Morganna gets to dress as a sheep.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Sheep-cat, the most majestic of felines

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jimbot posted:

It's me. I'm the rear end in a top hat who's part of the problem and getting the Persona 4 pack. You can all blame me for this terrible nickle and dime poo poo.

it's ok, I'm also a monster who's gonna get 3 and 4 almost instantly.

Moltrey posted:

holy poo poo I didn't even think about the Persona 1 DLC giving me Lone Prayer for every fight

GOTY

gently caress and 1

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The fact that I have to wait a month for the Raidou battle theme is the worst.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A Bystander posted:

In English, they bring up Raidou with a series of some sorts. In Japanese, it's supposed to be a ref to a big-time fictional detective whose name escapes me at the moment.
Probably Kogoro Akechi. He's basically the japanese Sherlock Holmes - detective from a bunch of short stories from the 1920s-1960s, tons of movies and such based on the character.

That said, Raidou being referenced as a movie doesn't preclude him from being a real person in the setting, either. It could just be a movie based on a historical detective.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

Probably Kogoro Akechi. He's basically the japanese Sherlock Holmes - detective from a bunch of short stories from the 1920s-1960s, tons of movies and such based on the character.

That said, Raidou being referenced as a movie doesn't preclude him from being a real person in the setting, either. It could just be a movie based on a historical detective.

Yeah, I like thinking his games really happened and the Japanese government was all "Well, no one needs to know about the world almost going to hell twice, so let's turn this guy's story into movies and hope that works." It's more fun for me that way.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, I always figured it was a cover-up, revealing him to the public as a fictionalized hero in order to discredit anybody trying to look into him for real.

"Guys! I was doing some research, and I found out Raidou Kuzunoha fought Rasputin in the 1920s!"

"Yeah man, I love that movie!"

"No I mean for real!"

"Dude what? Are you okay?"

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Naoto is a detective who comes from a family of detectives and she wears a cool hat, she's definitely a Raidou

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Captain Baal posted:

The Catherine theme you get is the Obelisk stage theme iirc, it's not a great choice tbh, but it's a good song

Obelisk is where you fight dumuzid, right? That's revolutionary etude iirc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boy are my arms tired posted:

Obelisk is where you fight dumuzid, right? That's revolutionary etude iirc

No, Obelisk is one of the Babel stages. It's completely separate, Dumuzid is fought in Empireo.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Captain Baal posted:

No, Obelisk is one of the Babel stages. It's completely separate, Dumuzid is fought in Empireo.

d i s s a p o i n t i n g

still gonna buy it tho

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Maybe a bit bizarre as a question but the map in the OP intrigued me. Will we actually see the landmarks/icons on the map for each district? Like will we visit the Tokyo Skytree in Asakusa? Or the Tokyo tower?

That said, will we spend a lot of time in Asakusa?

I really liked Asakusa during my trip to Tokyo, that's all. :v:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wish they went with Smt IV Apocalypse for the dlc because that way everyone has a distinct costume.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Captain Baal posted:

Why does this bad game keep getting worse

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Deltasquid posted:

Maybe a bit bizarre as a question but the map in the OP intrigued me. Will we actually see the landmarks/icons on the map for each district? Like will we visit the Tokyo Skytree in Asakusa? Or the Tokyo tower?

That said, will we spend a lot of time in Asakusa?

I really liked Asakusa during my trip to Tokyo, that's all. :v:

Did you ever play Nocturne? Asakusa is one of the main locations.
Like most places in Nocturne it has a cool atmosphere but not much fidelity to the real place.

Is there a convenient list of pictures of all the DLC costumes? I saw it in the thread a long time ago.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

what if I have people in different costumes? like Morgana in the Raidou set, Anne in the P4 set, etc. Will it randomize the music or will I only get the additional music if everyone is in the matching costume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It'll play all tracks at once in a cacophony of dread which will end it all.

Beware