Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Man, Tommy's ranger history video doesn't even mention Trey was the gold ranger before and after Jason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This DinoThunder clip show went from feel good to a salt pit as soon as Justin appeared.

Edit: Also it's weird to hear Tommy narrate events he wasn't a part of, as he tells the story of Leo doing something far more awesome than anything he's ever done.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 22, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Tommy you probably could have cut the recap after you, y'know, stopped being a Ranger.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Justin_Brett posted:

Tommy you probably could have cut the recap after you, y'know, stopped being a Ranger.

That would defeat the point of the entire episode and make it a pretty terrible tribute.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Craptacular! posted:

What's the deal with the meme about "guess I better use grow / grow is useless but I haven't used it for a while" in chat?
Just some meta joking about how terrible and useless that part of the fight is.

Also we're just about halfway done with the seasons at this point, right?
Jesus whatever comes after this and SPD are honestly a blur. At some point they just say gently caress It we're keeping the same name and just adding SUPER to the title

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
GREEN -> WHITE -> RED -> BLACK ... I'M JUST HAPPY TOMMY'S BACK

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
[Kira concert]
"C O N F U S I O N was better"

Edit: One persistent DinoThunder rumor that was never put to rest is that Zeltrax, the murdering suit of life support armor, carrying a person from Tommy's past who is pissed that Tommy hosed him over and left him to die on the island, was originally supposed to be Billy. Its hard to miss after many episodes of Tommy going "who ARE you?" and Zeltrax going "you know drat well who I am", the mystery ends with a completely new character the audience has never met, who on several levels just screams 'Billy Placeholder Character'.

Anyway, since somebody had earlier mentioned that Tommy is almost a villain in this show, and how he's responsible for everything that went wrong, I just thought I'd reminisce about that little detail.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 22, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That was just speculation. Zeltrax was never meant to be anything other than what he was. He was never Goldar, Billy, Jason, or whomever. Doug Sloan has said as much over the years.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Just some meta joking about how terrible and useless that part of the fight is.

Also we're just about halfway done with the seasons at this point, right?
Jesus whatever comes after this and SPD are honestly a blur. At some point they just say gently caress It we're keeping the same name and just adding SUPER to the title

In regards to seasons, Dino Thunder is now the start of the back half. In regards to episodes, that point was somewhere in Ninja Storm or Wild Force (around episode 410 or so).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Did I miss the Abaranger episode?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Funky Valentine posted:

Did I miss the Abaranger episode?

We got four more episodes, then the Abaranger episode.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The most unrealistic thing in the show is in the abaranger episode, when the three of them are watching the TV, Ethan leaves for whatever which leaves a big gap on the couch between Connor and Kira, and he a teenage boy watching TV late at night alone with a cute teenage girl makes no attempt to scoot in next to her.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Why the hell would Tommy and Mercer create a dinosaur that could mind control people?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That way he could never be mind controlled by evil again, because his good dinosaur would mind control him to be good. Or imagine if they could have just mind controlled Master Vile with their good dinosaur.

I think this was the plot of that Disney movie the Good Dinosaur.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Tommy has Flashman documents in the trash pile. Old Sentai is trash

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Also worth noting; next up is the Abaranger thing.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

jivjov posted:

Also worth noting; next up is the Abaranger thing.

I'm on time! :woop::woop::woop:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Cernunnos posted:

I'm on time! :woop::woop::woop:

Starting now if you're not already tuned it

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

jivjov posted:

Starting now if you're not already tuned it

I'm sad I'm at work lol. I love how butthurt Conner gets in this. "NO! We're NOT THIS DUMB :qq:"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

love that fuckin abaranger op

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Brother Entropy posted:

love that fuckin abaranger op

I tried to get the chat to spam the Abaranger OP instead of the Dino Thunder one...but nobody took the bait :(

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5mFaax3zy8

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MorphinTime Abareta kazu dake tsuyoku nareru MorphinTime Abareta kazu dake yasashisa wo shiru MorphinTime

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Even Japanese Tommy is AFK

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this got me thinking about how american sentai fans must've reacted to this episode when this aired(probably joylessly) and then that got me thinking how dreadful the fansub scene must've been back in the early '00s, i don't think even tv-nihon was a thing yet

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Oh god Connor being butthurt is hilarious.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Greedy American baseball player.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The most bizarre part to me is that it's essentially the episode, just dubbed and Americanized. That's it. No plot changes, maybe some cut scenes that are inconsequential, but otherwise, it's the whole episode.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Brother Entropy posted:

this got me thinking about how american sentai fans must've reacted to this episode when this aired(probably joylessly) and then that got me thinking how dreadful the fansub scene must've been back in the early '00s, i don't think even tv-nihon was a thing yet

I posted that I liked the episode on one toku board and was immediately banned.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They should show this to Trent.

"Wait, did I just loving die?"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

The most bizarre part to me is that it's essentially the episode, just dubbed and Americanized. That's it. No plot changes, maybe some cut scenes that are inconsequential, but otherwise, it's the whole episode.

this way they can't be accused of making the episode more ridiculous than it actually was

parallelodad posted:

I posted that I liked the episode on one toku board and was immediately banned.

lmbo yeah that's about what i was expecting

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I think Lost and Found in Translation would have been better received if they had just omitted the "What would Japan know about Power Rangers?" line. That one in particular stands out to me above even Connor being salty about Sentai

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i appreciate that they followed up the abaranger episode with a loving weird one of their one

e: uh so was jdf busy during shooting or was there a contract dispute or something because i haven't seen an episode with his face in it since i woke up

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 22, 2017

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
He wanted to fly back to the US to visit family so they did this. Once they eventually get him out of it he's stuck being invisible for a while after that.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Geddy Krueger posted:

He wanted to fly back to the US to visit family so they did this. Once they eventually get him out of it he's stuck being invisible for a while after that.

Man that must have been a sweet contract. A whole season where they only use your voice and you get to go off and do whatever while also being the main pull for the series.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Man that must have been a sweet contract. A whole season where they only use your voice and you get to go off and do whatever while also being the main pull for the series.

He would later repay this by poo poo talking Disney and saying they added nothing of worth to the franchise.

This was around the time he was jockeying to come back in Megaforce and they weren't sending invitations to Disney season actors.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

He would later repay this by poo poo talking Disney and saying they added nothing of worth to the franchise.

This was around the time he was jockeying to come back in Megaforce and they weren't sending invitations to Disney season actors.

Here's hoping that the 25th or 30th Season/Anniversary isn't such a complete shitshow like Megaforce.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder if they'll make it to 1000 EPs. It would be about nine or ten more seasons given their current 20 EPs a season.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

parallelodad posted:

I wonder if they'll make it to 1000 EPs. It would be about nine or ten more seasons given their current 20 EPs a season.

If the sentai keeps going, I can't imagine Power Rangers will go anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

jivjov posted:

If the sentai keeps going, I can't imagine Power Rangers will go anywhere.

Yeah but once Nickelodeon gets tired of it where will it go? Kids networks seem to cancel shows, even successful well liked ones, to make room for new ones on a whim.