Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm not going to play joke mode quickplay just to practice the easy poo poo tank hero they put into the game. People don't seem to realize there's very little learning curve on the vast majority of heroes. PTR exists I waited for this poo poo to be out of ptr now I get to wait even more because whiny dumb shits (who will no matter what) will complain? Lovely. Can't wait for "mains" to complain when I have 0 hours and pick her in competitive should be fun.

lmao why do you post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Just quote it at the top of every page so I can laugh at it every time I think about overwatch.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm not going to play joke mode quickplay just to practice the easy poo poo tank hero they put into the game. People don't seem to realize there's very little learning curve on the vast majority of heroes. PTR exists I waited for this poo poo to be out of ptr now I get to wait even more because whiny dumb shits (who will no matter what) will complain? Lovely. Can't wait for "mains" to complain when I have 0 hours and pick her in competitive should be fun.

Why are you in such a rush to prove that you earned that red text.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Whenever I'm in comp I make sure to shoutout good plays to try to improve the mood of the team. "Good hold/push", "good mercy", "good rein" etc.

But you'd be surprised (or maybe not) at how little any positive feedback does the moment one person decides to be a salt pile. Just one bad apple blaming others in chat always brings the whole team down, like a grim prophecy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

played last night and every game my team just completely hosed up the opposing Orisa lol. being such a huge target with 400 health seems to be a detriment. I didn't realize how much less power the shield was either until we ripped through it constantly. I played her once and had fun though--fun to spam all her poo poo at once though if you don't have awareness of what's going on, you're not going to be helpful with the juggernaut/shield combo. I loved using the graviton ball to pull snipers out of corners.

at the very least since Orisa has so much utility coming out the rear end she won't be completely worthless like Ana or even Sombra was for people picking them when they first came out. I loving hated when people slampicked them and proceeded to do gently caress-all

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I've had some good dive comp style teams with Sombra. The speed of her ult charge means you can really often chain together both points on 2CP by bumrushing the first and moving straight onto the second with an EMP. Or she can just be good at cracking a point somewhat reliably against a team that just sticks together behind their shields.

Obviously it doesn't take a genius to point out that Sombra seems really weak in most areas. She's more a support than a DPS. But there's no doubt that EMP is one of the strongest ultimates in the game when combined with teamwork for taking points. Maybe even the strongest. Graviton is amazing, but it's slower to charge and against good players it's tough to catch lots of players sticking too close together.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Against good players is when you'll see the most players sticking together.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Sade posted:

Against good players is when you'll see the most players sticking together.

Catching three or more people in a Graviton is either in combination with some other ult or just poor positioning from the other team. That or an unavoidable choke point.

You can't expect frequent 5-6 man gravs at high ranks because people space out enough to avoid it.

Range on EMP means you get all 6 pretty regularly.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Thank you, Blizzard, for releasing Orisa. As a Junk main, corraling red team into her little shield pen makes for delicious multi kills, served flaming hot! :brrring:

(PS why no comp Orisa? :confused:)

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

(PS why no comp Orisa? :confused:)

PTR doesn't give enough data on the balance of a hero. Delaying a hero from Comp for a week might mellow out the people who just wanted to slampick her off the bat by giving them an opportunity to just play and play against her on live for a bit.

Comedy reply: She's going to be nerfed/buffed before next week.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I've been getting some strange lag spikes lately on PC. I took a video of it (using the Xbox DVR, which is normally disabled): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5itzpSOcVQ

Anyone seen this before and know how to fix it? I've seen a couple things online about it but nothing has helped.
edit: Nevermind, solution was to disable WMM support on my router, which was buried somewhere I wasn't expecting.

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 22, 2017

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Last night was amazing and murdering the gently caress out of Orisa as Pharah is my favorite thing now.

She's so loving huge you can hardly miss her, her barrier is nigh useless against Pharah since she can angle her shots behind the shield, if she uses Fortify or starts shooting you she's even easier to nail because of how slow she is, and her projectiles are slow enough that it's actually quite easy to dodge them.

I had one round where I focused their Orisa almost exclusively and had something like 72% direct hits with the rockets, it was glorious.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Random tech q: my overwatch tabs out continually when fullscreened - it's like clicking anywhere on the menu causes focus to switch to the desktop instead. Has anyone experienced this? Unfortunately while borderless fixes this it also makes the mouse realllly floaty.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Orisa usually folds like paper to Reinhardt, but if they make the mistake of charging you with Fortify off cool down, magic happens :allears:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I haven't had much chance to play her yet, but Orisa strikes me as a tank who doesn't actually want to get shot at a bunch. Protecting her team more with her shield, consistent covering fire, and crowd control.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Orisa sounds like she should be working at an airport, not as a member of this elite world police or whatever they are.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Santheb posted:

Orisa sounds like she should be working at an airport, not as a member of this elite world police or whatever they are.

That would fit considering the robots she was made from were destroyed at the airport.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man months and months ago back in this game infancy, someone suggested running the riptire into the wall so it stops making noises and waiting a few seconds and then driving it out to blow people up. It makes people think the tire got destroyed. It's now months and months later, I'm nearly 300 hours into the game, and this tactic STILL WORKS. It also is good for when there's a Zarya because they'll hear it and put their bubbles up immediately, and this allows that bubble time to go away before the tire comes for them.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
it's almost like there's a correlation between playing 300 hours of junkrat and getting matched with bads

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it's almost like there's a correlation between playing 300 hours of junkrat and getting matched with bads

Excuse me only 105 of those hours are Junkrat thank you very much

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

blizzards solution to overwatch becoming stale boring poo poo where tanks soak up 1000s of points of damage with shields and healing was to add a tank that takes less damage and has a shield

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

They could just make a hero that specifically fucks up shields in some way but oh wait she's Sombra

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

tote up a bags posted:

blizzards solution to overwatch becoming stale boring poo poo where tanks soak up 1000s of points of damage with shields and healing was to add a tank that takes less damage and has a shield

and let's not forget, an ult that encourages you to bunch up in a small, stationary area

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Doesn't Junkrat do extra damage vs shields?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Warbird posted:

Doesn't Junkrat do extra damage vs shields?

No, no hero has that. He just has a moderately high-DPS weapon that's (over)balanced by inaccuracy, and shields are very easy to hit.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

tote up a bags posted:

:yeah:

but, also, die stoats

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

No, no hero has that. He just has a moderately high-DPS weapon that's (over)balanced by inaccuracy, and shields are very easy to hit.

I'm kinda surprised we don't have a dedicated anti shield hero yet

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

I'm kinda surprised we don't have a dedicated anti shield hero yet

Bastion is supposed to fill that role in theory and in reality it's kind of what Soldier: 76 and Roadhog do.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the year is 2050. sombra has permanent map vision she grants to her team, she's invulnerable while invisible, and emp charges instantly.

unfortunately ana darts now do 500 hps over 20 seconds to make up for no longer damaging enemy heroes

also sombra's gun now makes this noise for as long as its firing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LukyMYp2noo

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

tote up a bags posted:

Well so far everybody seems to be saying that she's actually really easy to kill, so.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

and let's not forget, an ult that encourages you to bunch up in a small, stationary area

The reach on the drum's beams actually seems pretty generous tbh.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
blizzard is daft since bastion synergies with shield users a great deal. and he's not really that good against them as opposed to people not using shields; they're actually super useful to have when facing a bastion with support.

the real counter ought to be junkrat or pharah since they can hit from odd angles and they punish people all grouped together with splash damage (at least, theoretical splash damage), but then ana throws a grenade down or lucio AMPS IT UP and then nothing actually gets to happen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's nine months after release and people are already saying "Stale Boring poo poo". Maybe your attention span is too overstimulated.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Maple Leaf pointed out that Sombra's EMP actually turns Orisa's ultimate against her own team, claiming it for your team. As if Orisa didn't have enough trouble surviving, her ultimate can turn against her too. Sombra's EMP ultimate should turn more of their owners' ultimates against their team.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Olive Branch posted:

Maple Leaf pointed out that Sombra's EMP actually turns Orisa's ultimate against her own team, claiming it for your team. As if Orisa didn't have enough trouble surviving, her ultimate can turn against her too. Sombra's EMP ultimate should turn more of their owners' ultimates against their team.

Are you sure about that? All I've seen suggests that getting hacked/EMP'd turns it off, not that it swaps its loyalty around.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I played Sombra for the first time today and she's actually really good. Her gun isn't as bad as people make it out to be, the damage is good with constant headshots (which is pretty easy given how fast it fires and how close to your enemies you typically are).

The only issue I particularly have is that while her EMP is nice, she's only good at shutting down pushes when it comes around and not much else. The entire time I felt I would have more impact if I was just shredding people as Soldier 76 instead of fiddling around with my hack-tele-invis-decloak-shoot-recall-repeat routine. It's a lot of work to play Sombra that isn't as much reward as you'd expect for it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's nine months after release and people are already saying "Stale Boring poo poo". Maybe your attention span is too overstimulated.

Long ago in a distant land,
Jeff, the wrestling master of balance, claimed time to kill was good.
But, a foolish Reddit community wielding wood league opinions stepped forth to ask for Ana buffs.
Before the meta could settle if Ana was balanced, Jeff tore open a portal of healing buffs, and flung the players into tank meta.
Now the fools seek to nerf her grenade, and undo the future that is... ANA!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Theta Zero posted:

The only issue I particularly have is that while her EMP is nice, she's only good at shutting down pushes when it comes around and not much else.

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but if you're saying that EMP is really only good at shutting down an attacking team's push that isn't really true, it's a fantastic initiation ult as well.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kai Tave posted:

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but if you're saying that EMP is really only good at shutting down an attacking team's push that isn't really true, it's a fantastic initiation ult as well.

That too.

The best way I can describe her is like she's the assault version of Mercy: a walking ult dispenser that isn't really great at anything else compared to other characters.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Here's a question: what do you do as Orisa when you get cornered by a Genji and don't have teammates nearby? My aim isn't great but it's not terrible, but I have a ridiculously hard time hitting him since he's jumping all over the place and Orisa's gun feels so sluggish to hit something. It feels ridiculous to be a tank and not be able to squish him. The most I can do is gravity ball him somewhere and land a couple hits that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Theta Zero posted:

That too.

The best way I can describe her is like she's the assault version of Mercy: a walking ult dispenser that isn't really great at anything else compared to other characters.

To an extent yeah, a lot of Sombra's usefulness is bound up in her ult. I do notice that Codey basically spends half of every game doing everything he can to hack the enemy Reinhardt it works for him more often than not, because if you can bring down an enemy tank's abilities (especially Rein but the other tanks are good targets as well) then it gives your own team a pretty big advantage either pushing or defending.