Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

haljordan posted:

If Tillerson didn't want the loving job why did he accept? It's not like he was forced into it, just say no ya dipshit

maybe he's a spineless and/or greedy little bitch. ah yes, the perfect type of person to lead the united states diplomacy efforts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

thathonkey posted:

maybe he's a spineless and/or greedy little bitch. ah yes, the perfect type of person to lead the united states diplomacy efforts

Considering he ran Exxon Mobil I'm gonna go with the latter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/tommyxtopher/st...%3D2582%23pti27

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hey that sounds just like obummercare

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mattis-defense-hill-republicans-obama-236329

“He certainly has got a tough job, but it sometimes feels like he forgets that we won the election."

Ell oh ell.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He's obviously being all humble-brag about how he didn't really want the job and he was going to retire but his duty to his country or whatever. He isn't actually literally saying he doesn't want to be the SecState.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i really hope mad dog mattis, possibly one of the only qualified trump appointees, doesnt resign.

a loving marine is the sole moderating voice of reason in the face of the GOP defense spending circus. jus lol.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

He's obviously being all humble-brag about how he didn't really want the job and he was going to retire but his duty to his country or whatever. He isn't actually literally saying he doesn't want to be the SecState.

maybe, but it seems like trump basically ignores him and the guy had to stay at a sanitarium for his first overseas trip so he might regret it a little

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Kyle_Feldscher/...r%3D2584%23pti2

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Inept posted:

Tillerson lols

“My wife told me I’m supposed to do this.”

"I was supposed to retire in March, this month. I was going to go to the ranch to be with my grandkids," Tillerson added.

“I didn’t want this job. I didn’t seek this job.”

http://ijr.com/2017/03/814687-trumps-diplomat/

lmao Trump badgered Tillerson into taking the head job in the department he would then loving slash, just like he badgered that one guy at an official WH briefing into talking about Trump's hole in one story.

On another note, politics is going to be loving boring as hell post-Trump. Nothing will ever compare to the literal daily lols I'm getting out of this. It just doesn't let up. This lollercoaster just never slows down!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Keep in mind Trump probably only nominated Mattis because he had a cool nickname

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Inept posted:

Tillerson lols

"I was supposed to retire in March, this month. I was going to go to the ranch to be with my grandkids," Tillerson added.

Lol that Tillerson's wife hates him so much that, when he told her he would be retiring and they could spend more time together, she said "take a job that will keep you away from me 24/7 for the next 4-8 years and which you have a high chance of being assassinated"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Inept posted:

Tillerson lols

this is a beautiful lol

lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
he got cucked lol

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

LOL!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Well Trump does spend a lot of time riding escalators....

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mattis-defense-hill-republicans-obama-236329

“He certainly has got a tough job, but it sometimes feels like he forgets that we won the election."

Ell oh ell.

"“We’ve waited eight years for this, to be able to fill these posts with Republicans,” said another top GOP Hill staffer. “We know Trump isn’t part of the establishment and that it’s going to be a bit different, but it should go without saying that a Republican administration is expected to staff federal agencies with Republicans.”"

Lmao! Drain the swamp!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

haljordan posted:

Keep in mind Trump probably only nominated Mattis because he had a cool nickname

it feels like this is from years ago

loving lol let's all laugh at how possibly the sanest person in the admin was chosen entirely because of his nickname "mad dog"

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

thathonkey posted:

hey that sounds just like obummercare

When people start losing the ability to choose their doctor/start losing coverage, it'll be blamed on Obamacare again anyway. Who the gently caress chooses their doctor? Just pick the closest person to your home with the most white Anglo-Saxon sounding name like everyone else.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
he is literally the sanest and most qualified cabinet appointee

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Inept posted:

Tillerson lols

:stare:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Aaaand the UK parliament building is under attack. How long until trump lols at them for denying the wiretapping

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
they shouldve had a bigly successful travel ban

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
He hasn't tweeted about it yet. Did Fox not pick it up this morning?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hell yeah this is going to own

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/st...r%3D2589%23pti9

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Predicting Legendary Trump Twitter Meltdown when this fails to pass

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Not that it takes fuckin' Nostradamus to predict that, lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he'll tweet a picture of his updated enemies list

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That tweet causes me to make the same face as the chick in your av.

(lol)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

thathonkey posted:

i really hope mad dog mattis, possibly one of the only qualified trump appointees, doesnt resign.

a loving marine is the sole moderating voice of reason in the face of the GOP defense spending circus. jus lol.

:lol:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Apparently the most influential donor to Trump's campaign, and primary funder of Breitbart, is an autistic 60 year old computer scientist who believes that radiation has magical healing powers, that climate change is good for the world, and is paying for scientific research into unraveling the hidden secrets of 12,000 bottles of human urine.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i can't tell if thats a joke lol

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/stat...%3D2590%23pti10

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jel Shaker posted:

I'm getting the impression that trump is only able to play one dimensional chess

You think Trump can move in two opposing directions? Nah. More like 1/2 dimensional chess. With a single pawn.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
Guys I know this is kinda ridic so you have to trust that I'm not fakeposting, but I just lol'd because, get this, trump is my president, and maybe yours too, if you're american, whether we like it or not! Lol! poo poo is crazy

turn off the TV posted:

Apparently the most influential donor to Trump's campaign, and primary funder of Breitbart, is an autistic 60 year old computer scientist who believes that radiation has magical healing powers, that climate change is good for the world, and is paying for scientific research into unraveling the hidden secrets of 12,000 bottles of human urine.

Nice humblebrag dude

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

The Children of the Atom await the Great Divide when Atom shall make the world glow with His divine light.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Play posted:

You think Trump can move in two opposing directions? Nah. More like 1/2 dimensional chess. With a single pawn.

it's 0-dimensional. the chess board nor its pieces exist.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

TotalLossBrain posted:

He hasn't tweeted about it yet. Did Fox not pick it up this morning?

Nah it happened really recently, didn't make Fox and Friends in the morning I'm guessing

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Play posted:

He's playing chutes and ladders.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

turn off the TV posted:

I thought Steve Jobs died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Play posted:

Nah it happened really recently, didn't make Fox and Friends in the morning I'm guessing

poo poo so we'll have to wait till tomorrow morning for the tweet.