Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
If you're going to whale, please record it and put it on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/zoDefMq24OE

Tldr: someone spent 1400$ for Dark Fina

Palleon fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Tengames posted:

Its even more hilarious as people have been hyping this guy for half a year now, talking about saving for him specifically.

Spend tickets on whomever you want to, it doesnt always have to be the most sensible or practical option.

Things change.

Orlandu is coming super late compared to JP, and Tidus/Rikku are apparently soon (assuming Gumi doesn't push them back too), and both of those are very, very good.

We've gotten a bunch of global exclusive units that JP didn't, that shifts the power scale.

Even before all that, there were people saying that Orlandu was overkill, his banner was lovely and you should never chase a 5*.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I agree with the previous posters. The meta is different. Cid is good, but not the game breaking unit that he was in JP.
Chase if you want, but accept in your heart that you aren't getting poo poo.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Friday is going to be great.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Palleon posted:

If you're going to whale, please record it and put it on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/zoDefMq24OE

Tldr: someone spent 1400$ for Dark Fina

That video just reinforces how badly the gacha change was needed, and that it's still not enough.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

That video just reinforces how badly the gacha change was needed, and that it's still not enough.

Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKA8LPnehn4

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Cartoon Man posted:

Make a plan or a budget and by god stick with it. No rage pulls. If you plan to do one or two 11 pulls be mentally prepared to accept that every unit will turn up Bedile before you click that button. I'd recommend not pulling at all but we are irrational goons, and I'm budgeting two 11 pulls myself. Join us on discord on Friday and share your misery with the rest of us.*

*excludes Fenrir, cause lol you already know what his Friday 1/2 pull is gonna be

I only ever rage pullrd for Yun because I really dig rooster iconography so a rooster warrior was something I couldn't pass up. I don't do 11 pulls otherwise. Either I get the big ticket guy or I don't, c'est la vie. Eventually I stumble into a Gilgamesh or the like. Which is coo

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Peachfart posted:

I agree with the previous posters. The meta is different. Cid is good, but not the game breaking unit that he was in JP.

Don't worry, I know my pull luck is poo poo. If after all my half pulls and... probably twenty tickets I end up with the banner 4* I'll consider it a good pull. It can't be worse than when it took me from July to the FF3 banner in November to pull my first base 4* character and it was Rosa. Hell I chased the Sprite from the SoM banner because I love SoM and after ~20 pulls I came up dry.

To be fair, it hasn't been all bad. My only rainbow was Noctis and not some 3* base poo poo and I've pulled three Zidanes. I still don't think I'll get Orlandu though

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Honestly I just want some FFT bonus units. Do I 11 pull or use some tickets? I only have 4000 Lapis to my 35+ tickets.
I'm thinking save the 11 pull for the Tidus+Rikku banner and get that guaranteed 4 star.

Also, what units came with Eileen in her JP banner?

Mostly right now I'm horribly dreading Easter. When is that in the US, cause we have like 3 different versions where I live.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Scrublord Prime posted:

Don't worry, I know my pull luck is poo poo. If after all my half pulls and... probably twenty tickets I end up with the banner 4* I'll consider it a good pull. It can't be worse than when it took me from July to the FF3 banner in November to pull my first base 4* character and it was Rosa. Hell I chased the Sprite from the SoM banner because I love SoM and after ~20 pulls I came up dry.

To be fair, it hasn't been all bad. My only rainbow was Noctis and not some 3* base poo poo and I've pulled three Zidanes. I still don't think I'll get Orlandu though

There was a SoM event? drat it, I'm unhappy I wasn't playing during that time, SoM is one of my favorite games ever.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Peachfart posted:

Cid's showing up late but he's still a unit that's so powerful Gumi started giving some bosses/trials holy resist to try and stop him from breaking everything.

His enhancements aren't amazing, but it still takes Holy Explosion from 200% to 260% attack. On a skill with 50% def ignore and 50% holy resist reduction. And Black Lion Emblem's enhancement includes +20%hp and +40% ATK when equipped with Sword & +40% ATK when equipped with Katana in addition to the immunity and 40% atk with a greatsword buff. So basically everyone who was already using Excalibur and the Genji Blade (or any Katana) on Orlandu got an extra 70ish atk added to his already obscene amounts of attack.

The most Gumi thing they could possibly do is have a GE unit in the post-FFT event that makes Orlandu immediately obsolete.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They came close with Olive.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Can you imagine if they could bring in the FFT Calculator in all its broken glory? There'd never be a need for any other unit.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I am considering not even attempting this King Mog event. I got swindled by the PC Noctis banner and used all my tickets, and the recent TMR Moogle debacle has solidified I will spend 0 money on this game.

Of course all that hinges on whether my friend units stay in the capacity to assist the Ifrit Raid. I would rather just use 15 energy a shot to do EXP, instead of grinding Mog. Exploration is tough for me to do during the day at work and I can set up I round and tap repeat while talking about work to customers without anyone having a clue.

Don't get me wrong, the 6* mats and cactaurs would be nice...but I'll have to see.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

I am considering not even attempting this King Mog event. I got swindled by the PC Noctis banner and used all my tickets, and the recent TMR Moogle debacle has solidified I will spend 0 money on this game.

Of course all that hinges on whether my friend units stay in the capacity to assist the Ifrit Raid. I would rather just use 15 energy a shot to do EXP, instead of grinding Mog. Exploration is tough for me to do during the day at work and I can set up I round and tap repeat while talking about work to customers without anyone having a clue.

Don't get me wrong, the 6* mats and cactaurs would be nice...but I'll have to see.

If you are strictly F2P, re-roll a new account till you get Orlandu, then go hog wild. Lots of Reddit people plan to do just that, it really shouldn't take more than a couple months to get a core endgame team reformed with Orlandu as the anchor.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I am totally not interested in that...

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

They came close with Olive.

Completely different archetype though.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cartoon Man posted:

If you are strictly F2P, re-roll a new account till you get Orlandu, then go hog wild. Lots of Reddit people plan to do just that, it really shouldn't take more than a couple months to get a core endgame team reformed with Orlandu as the anchor.

That sounds like the most tedious and painful thing ever.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
So double gilgamesh chaining with tri-attack is pretty cool.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

That sounds like the most tedious and painful thing ever.

I'd imagine anyone doing this is using the reroll macro on multiple Nox instances.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

On a reroll are you rebooting your phone or literally wiping it each and every time?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

You use Nox / the other android emulator to do it. If the roll sucks you wipe the emulator, not your phone. Once you get a good start you link it to a facebook account and then you access it on your phone to get your good starter roll.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Who's the JP character that you get after spending like 275$? IIRC, it was someone that came after onion knight and was super strong.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Tipme posted:

Who's the JP character that you get after spending like 275$? IIRC, it was someone that came after onion knight and was super strong.

Lorraine

It's closer to $400-$450 USD.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

On a reroll are you rebooting your phone or literally wiping it each and every time?

If your account is already linked to Facebook you just log out and the game will start over from the beginning. You run through the tutorial and then use the starting lapis and summon tickets. If it's not a good roll log back in with Facebook to reload your old account and then log back out to start over. Once you get a good roll make a dummy Facebook account to link it to so it'll be saved. It takes ~5 minutes to do each time. I haven't tried using an emulator with a macro yet so I can't say how it compares speedwise. It's hella mind numbing though.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Do people really think orlandu is gonna break the game values that bad? Because that sounds like a sure fire way to turn a bunch of players off.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Do people really think orlandu is gonna break the game values that bad? Because that sounds like a sure fire way to turn a bunch of players off.

It's not Orlandu that's going to shift the meta, it's just chaining in general and the access to it. Up to this point we've had a few decent chainers but we're now on the cusp of next-level chainers who bring damage, consistency, and ease of use to a much higher plateau than we had before.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Would there even be a point to multiple accounts? I suppose you could have them friend each other and then have access to mondo units. Too bad Nox v of FFBE crashes too much for me to use it as much as I'd want to

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It looks like someone's found a use for Shadow...

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I think I posted this before but keep in mind that Agrias 6* is basically Orlandu-lite. With enhancements she actually rates pretty high on JP. I have one, hoping to pull another (assuming no Orlandu) to chain with.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

hamsystem posted:

I think I posted this before but keep in mind that Agrias 6* is basically Orlandu-lite. With enhancements she actually rates pretty high on JP. I have one, hoping to pull another (assuming no Orlandu) to chain with.

So if I have two I should not fuse them for faster tming

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Guys. For real. Put a jeweled ring or ribbon on your share unit unless it's someone like olive with innate paralysis immunity. It's paramount for this event.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So if I have two I should not fuse them for faster tming

You should definitely keep two Agrias unless you're really confident that you get another one.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Fenrir posted:

Guys. For real. Put a jeweled ring or ribbon on your share unit unless it's someone like olive with innate paralysis immunity. It's paramount for this event.

They probably need it for Cecil/Rain/other support. Getting a DD paralyzed won't induce a wipe like getting your tank paralyzed. I mean, I agree with you, but it really depends on each person's situation on whether they can get away with it or not.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
https://youtu.be/fQ8_fMMn1p4

I was trying to find a decent video to give people an idea of what Orlandu chains look like.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
And here's what a REAL Chizuru chain looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOE47cOgyLE

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

To take on Gilgamesh is Ling's raise all dance useful or does it leave people too weak?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

To take on Gilgamesh is Ling's raise all dance useful or does it leave people too weak?

Depends on if you have a couple curajas to follow it up.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
How do I get the materials to awaken prince cup noodles to 6*? Even if I somehow managed to get enough Ifrit points to get all the awakening materials available I will still be short on Calamity Gems. And that is assuming I can get enough points for the prismatic horns, which I have serious doubts on. Are the 6* awakening mats only from events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

How do I get the materials to awaken prince cup noodles to 6*? Even if I somehow managed to get enough Ifrit points to get all the awakening materials available I will still be short on Calamity Gems. And that is assuming I can get enough points for the prismatic horns, which I have serious doubts on. Are the 6* awakening mats only from events?

Run the new tactics event starting Friday and buy what you need from King Mog.

• Locked thread