Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

I'd add Ashoka to Cantina credits. Above average ship, and she's among the cheapest/fastest paths to five 7* Jedi which is a big deal. Also lol hoth rebel what?

Good call. Yeah, I can probably take off Scout, he used to be a great 5th Rebel for taking down the Emperor, but I think his time is done.

Space Crabs posted:

With the recent changes I'm curious what the pros think I should do in the future.

Wiggs/Chaze are definitely in your best interest, Lando is decent in that squad, but as you move up higher in Arena he'll be less useful. RG is pretty decent in there, but I think Boba is the best 5th in that group.
Cantina: Yup, definitely 7* Wedge.
Cantina credits: Boba.
Guild: Rex > Maul > JE
Squad: If you aren't clearing Credit Heists, 88. If you are, probably Sid.
GW: That's probably smart, Teebo will also help quite a bit in Rancor/AAT P1.
Fleet: Yup, that sounds smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Space Crabs posted:

With the recent changes I'm curious what the pros think I should do in the future.

I whale'd it up a little to boost my level up quickly and get a baby Chaze going but have since stopped once I hit the longer stretches where money required becomes exponentially more for less gains.

https://swgoh.gg/u/shabadadeepoo/collection/

Regular Energy - Currently gearing out Wiggs/Chaze/Lando and my main focus characters rather than grinding shards. I do the Royal Guard hardmode for my daily activity though.
Cantina Energy - I'm currently pushing straight for 7* Wedge then moving to the mod farming everyone detailed
Cantina Credits - I haven't decided between QGJ or Fives. I have more of a Jedi team going than a Clone Team right now and need to know which direction to proceed. I did waste some credits on getting Ashoka since I needed her ship starred up for ship arena.
Guild Credits - I got most of Jawa Engineer before switching to Rex then Darth Maul. I've got Rex at 60/80, JE at 60/80 and Maul is lagging behind but what I'm focusing on right now for his dark side ship.
Squad Arena Store - I pushed Ackbar before I joined the guild and can 5* him, but after getting enough shards to 7* STH I don't know if I should be pushing Leia or IG-88, or hell Savage and Sidious since I'm pushing Maul and already have Sidious at 4 stars.
Galactic War- After getting Lumi and Biggs to 7* I've been completely focusing on Dark Side ships or grabbing up Biggs X-Wing blueprints anytime I see them as he is a ridiculous tank keeping me in the top 10-15 on my shard in ships
Fleet Store - I've been grabbing any Vader/Scimitar/Slave 1 shards that appear but spending the rest on the occasional Wedge shards or Sun Fac's ship. I'll be grabbing Chirrut now that he appears there and I won't have to pay like $200 to 7* him.

Major adjustments in strategy i should make or anything?

Having a 5* Baze/4* Chirrut makes all the rebels outside of Wiggs/Lando less of a priority for you. You'll still use them for various raid comps/events, but Chaze/Wiggs/Lando is your arena team for the foreseeable future.

E: gently caress, I forgot about Boba. Get Boba, then get QGJ. He's an end game jedi and has plenty of value in TM reduction comps.
Get Teebo/Phasma for the same reason.
Mal's order is accurate for the fleet shipments, although I'd throw Vader shards in there too since he's a pain to get shards for otherwise. I wouldn't keep spending fleet credits on Wedge since you have another way to get him (although I can see it being tempting when you're close to 7*).

Personally I spend the minimum energy on hard nodes (currently JKA), and the rest on gear.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone suggests Teebo but I loving hate ewoks :colbert:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Space Crabs posted:

I'll cut you

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm getting waxed in arena and flight arena because I'm severely undermodded (among other reasons). Should I just grind out a whole bunch of high level health mods and slap them on my characters until I can finally build out the right combination of teams for mod challenges? This would mean taking a break from grinding out TFP or other node-based characters that I need for mod challenges, is why I'm at an impasse.

I can currently do health, crit chance, and tenacity mod challenges on the 5* level.

https://swgoh.gg/u/tadashisa/collection/

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

That's fine, if you're working on Vader, Teebo is eventually less worth it (although he still posts some of the highest scores in P1 HAAT that I've seen (he beats out all but the best Aayla Jedi comps -- e.g. G11 god mods).

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fishtobaskets posted:

I'll cut you

Hey you play your way I'll play mine but I'll not have any dirty tree midgets stinking up the place.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

I'm getting waxed in arena and flight arena because I'm severely undermodded (among other reasons). Should I just grind out a whole bunch of high level health mods and slap them on my characters until I can finally build out the right combination of teams for mod challenges? This would mean taking a break from grinding out TFP or other node-based characters that I need for mod challenges, is why I'm at an impasse.

I can currently do health, crit chance, and tenacity mod challenges on the 5* level.

https://swgoh.gg/u/tadashisa/collection/

Mod farming seems best handled in stages.
Stage 1: 3* the health mod challenge and put 5* health mods on everybody.
Stage 2: slowly replace health with CC on your attackers once you get that one 3* (should be pretty quickly since STH/Lando/Boba are early priorities)
Stage 3: if you have good jedi, 3* the defense challenge. This unlocks 5* mods in the mod shop and you can start hand picking those when a good one shows up
Stage 4: gradually fill in the other gaps in the recommended mod setups as you find them in shop and put together empire, first order, resistance, and jawa teams.

Trying to be super efficient about it and holding off farming until you can get the perfect mod for a given character just doesn't seem feasible in a practical sense. All those teams take a LONG time to farm/gear. You need something that works day-to-day in the meantime.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe I sound harsh but when Endor sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending Ewoks that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with them. They’re bringing gourd instruments, they’re bringing make shift weaponry, they’re insurgents, and some, I assume, are good people.

Jawas? Jawas are a good industrious people.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Change to this:

Easiest Jedi for Yoda event: Lumi (GW), JC (Cantina Battles/Hard), Mace Windu(Arena), QGJ (Cantina), Barriss (Cantina Battles, Hard)

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Space Crabs posted:

Maybe I sound harsh but when Endor sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending Ewoks that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with them. They’re bringing gourd instruments, they’re bringing make shift weaponry, they’re insurgents, and some, I assume, are good people.

Jawas? Jawas are a good industrious people.

gently caress. This is funny poo poo

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

Change to this:

Easiest Jedi for Yoda event: Lumi (GW), JC (Cantina Battles/Hard), Mace Windu(Arena), QGJ (Cantina), Barriss (Cantina Battles, Hard)

Ashoka is Cantina money and easier than either. (And arguably better for Yoda!)

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Ashoka was my first 7*, she is really easy and very useful. Mace you'll need leveled up a little for the ship events but isn't useful much besides that, espeically later in the game.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Except you're already spending Cantina monies on QGJ, who is better. In the time it takes to farm one hero from Cantina credits, you can farm about two from Cantina battles.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

Ahsoka in Cantina... in competition with QGJ... is easier to get than the one Jedi worth having from the Arena shop?

Look, I'm not arguing that Ahsoka is worth having, she is, but cantina shop is the longest shop grind in this game and she's competing with a lot of worthwhile toons.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 22, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

quote:

Ahsoka

Why, yes, she is fully maxed out and yes, I might have a crush on her :v:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Isn't she a teenager?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

General Probe posted:

Isn't she a teenager?

She's old enough to fight and kill grown men, right? Aliens are different I suppose.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
IGD question: What phase of tank raid should we be focusing on after phase 2 droids? I'm trying to plan ahead regarding what guys I need to level.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

IGD question: What phase of tank raid should we be focusing on after phase 2 droids? I'm trying to plan ahead regarding what guys I need to level.

P3 is the hardest phase, and there's no silver bullet. Chirpatine can break a million, but if you're just building that squad, expect more like 500-700k. This means you're looking at 15-20 guys to have that squad. If you don't have Chirpatine put together, you can farm OB and Ugnaught -- super high dodge.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I love my dead gay Mace. He was my first chromium pack 4* from launch and I always held out on the notion they'd buff him up. Years later... He drives a ship?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

I love my dead gay Mace. He was my first chromium pack 4* from launch and I always held out on the notion they'd buff him up. Years later... He drives a ship?

Mace has been 0 damage sacrificed to the Rancor countless times

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Malgrin posted:

P3 is the hardest phase, and there's no silver bullet. Chirpatine can break a million, but if you're just building that squad, expect more like 500-700k. This means you're looking at 15-20 guys to have that squad. If you don't have Chirpatine put together, you can farm OB and Ugnaught -- super high dodge.

I thought p2 was supposed to be hardest. Any suggestions on how to mod droid team for p2?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

UmOk posted:

I thought p2 was supposed to be hardest. Any suggestions on how to mod droid team for p2?

Your droids need crit chance so you get the TM from your HK47 lead. Then sprinkle in crit damage so you put up big numbers. Jawas call an assist when they attack so maybe any leftover speed your arena team isn't using?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Dely Apple posted:

He's been buffed twice and after all that, still :mediocre: They should have just given him that Shatterpoint ability he has in the Challenge, since instakill skills are in the game now anyway

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

P2 was on equal footing with P3, but there are several comps that work for it, which made it a lot easier. P3 there are a handful of comps that work and they all require niche heroes (like Chirpa or Ugnaught).

However, that is no longer the case. There's now a Zader comp that just destroys P2. You should still work towards droids, but if you're planning to do Zader, the core of the comp consists of Zader, Sidious, and Boba. Tusken Shaman and Phasma are the best to fill in this comp, but you have a lot of options for how to run this. I did Zader, Boba, Phasma, Rex, Sid. The problem with this is the lack of healing, but most everyone has some decent life steal and can make it through, especially with Rex removing dots/adding tenacity up. It took me a couple tries, but I hit 750k with a G8 Sid. I'll be trying it tomorrow with a G9 Sid. I still need to get Vader to G11, and I'm considering taking Phasma there too, but they both need really dumb gear to get there. Sid needs boatloads of syringes before I can take him to G10, so I'm looking at maybe another 2 weeks before he's there.

I now try to run two comps in P2 (Droids), unless I don't have enough time (we blow through P2 pretty quickly), so to set that up, you have a couple of options. The first is to try to take down the Tank Gun before dying. The second is to throw extra bodies at the tank until the gun fires. This gives you a bit of a disadvantage because the main gun/turrets get some TM, but you can still have a pretty successful run, especially if you can get some damage in before dying (or if you start with Tank gun down).

I usually equip JE, Nebit, and HK with a speed set if I'm min/maxing mods. Secondary CC for HK, and whatever has speed for JE, whatever has health/prot for Nebit. Speed is good on him because of his big assist call, and he calls an assist on every attack, but you'll occasionally taunt with him too so you'll want him to soak up some damage too. I run CD/CC on 88 and 86, with either CC or CD on the triangle. You could also run 3x CC with CC triangle and it really wouldn't be bad. You can also run lots of CC/CD on HK, I just like to have him faster because his AOE is effectively on a 2-turn cooldown -- he almost always gets an extra turn after using it. Run Speed Arrows on everyone, CD/CC triangle, mostly prot/health on bottom, but I'll usually run potency on JE/HK mostly because I have good potency primary speed secondary mods, but also because you want their debuffs to stick to increase 88's damage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

General Probe posted:

Isn't she a teenager?

She's all grown up now

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
You should all join our discord, we now have all the functionality of an SA thread...that is to say, we have SA smilies working.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 23, 2017

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Am I allowed to invite non-goons as long as they're cool? I play in a guild with some real life friends and I'm sure they'd appreciate shooting the poo poo.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cidrick posted:

Am I allowed to invite non-goons as long as they're cool? I play in a guild with some real life friends and I'm sure they'd appreciate shooting the poo poo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:golfclap:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cidrick posted:

This is a channel I made for goons, and I'd like to keep it as goony as possible.

A few of your real-life friends are alright, I guess, but don't go overboard and invite the entire guild into the channel.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Chilichimp posted:

This is a channel I made for goons, and I'd like to keep it as goony as possible.

A few of your real-life friends are alright, I guess, but don't go overboard and invite the entire guild into the channel.

Fair enough!

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
They can steal our raid planning, they can steal our pvp tactics, but if they steal Meme Bot there's gonna be trouble.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Tell your friends to drop :tenbux: it's a better value than anything in this game

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

Tell your friends to drop :tenbux: it's a better value than anything in this game

They don't technically count as a friend until they do this.

batwang
May 15, 2002

I call on Cardassians everywhere to rise up. Rise up and join me, I need you to be my army. If we stand together, nothing, can oppose us. Freedom is ours, for the taking!

UmOk posted:

Mace has been 0 damage sacrificed to the Rancor countless times

The other day I almost threw some training droids at him to level him up for ships but realized that he would no longer be able to suffer the horrible fate of getting his face smashed in buy pig-guys every raid and decided against it.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

batwang posted:

The other day I almost threw some training droids at him to level him up for ships but realized that he would no longer be able to suffer the horrible fate of getting his face smashed in buy pig-guys every raid and decided against it.

I use luke for this. If CG wants to make poo poo characters, I will throw poo poo characters at the raid.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

batwang posted:

This is the best use for Magmatrooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I use Poe. He goes in and taunts and then gets what he deserves for taunting.