Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
no crosshair is bad imo

use this one for your videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDoj6wnb_Io

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Phosphene posted:

There is a lot of dead space i really should have cleaned up. I just wasn't sure how to manage the change from place to place without just showing them running there. The third person/following camera thing is probably what i should have done.

Remember, not everything needs to be 1:1. The beauty of editing is you can use a cut to condense the time spent on things like getting from place to place while still maintaining continuity and not confusing the viewer. They won't notice that it should take x seconds to run from site to holding an angle in graveyard bit you showed it in y seconds. In a video like you're trying to do, dead space is really killer in terms of keeping a viewers attention.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I still want a loving arctic avenger model wtfgaben

stump collector
May 28, 2007
same here

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Veng...rds=corsair+k65

this is a good deal, today only

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

A TURGID FATSO posted:

The one by Hard Clan was the best.

I'm pretty sure one or several of the guys got caught wallhacking down the line lol.

I used to have several gigabytes of frag vids set to Linkin Park and Evanescense in the early 2000s. It was extremely ftw

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

new map... good...?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Looke posted:

new map... good...?

it's beautiful.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

canoshiz posted:

I'm pretty sure one or several of the guys got caught wallhacking down the line lol.

I used to have several gigabytes of frag vids set to Linkin Park and Evanescense in the early 2000s. It was extremely ftw

I don't care. That video is the perfect encapsulation of the early-to-mid '00s. Music has stagnated since then and nothing good will ever be created again.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/qtOdYQqTwoU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
it's happening again, dude

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
And dignitas is back again, with a lineup of pita, maikelele, fox, jkaem and rubino

http://team-dignitas.net/articles/news/Team-Dignitas/11007/team-dignitas-announces-2017-csgo-lineup

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
poor rubino

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I do like the teams frag video though. I know someone was making a frag video and looking for feed back. This one has the some of the same music/frag mash up. But strays away from that when it doesn't seems to work. This still allows for them to convey what's going on in the game without sacrificing the entertainment or story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwF2hemn9Pg

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

sterster posted:

I do like the teams frag video though. I know someone was making a frag video and looking for feed back. This one has the some of the same music/frag mash up. But strays away from that when it doesn't seems to work. This still allows for them to convey what's going on in the game without sacrificing the entertainment or story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwF2hemn9Pg

it's so much easier to make a pro frag video because splicing in the calls from the stream is just like adding instant hype and you don't even have to do anything

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

real dilemma posted:

it's so much easier to make a pro frag video because splicing in the calls from the stream is just like adding instant hype and you don't even have to do anything

But the whole video doesn't include calls from the game. Specifically I think the 1st frag clip from this video does a good job of matching music to the frags. Soo... yeah I think my feedback still stands as a way to create a good flow for the video. None of what I was saying about his video was that it didnt' have enough MLG Mt.Dew and airhorns.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

sterster posted:

But the whole video doesn't include calls from the game. Specifically I think the 1st frag clip from this video does a good job of matching music to the frags. Soo... yeah I think my feedback still stands as a way to create a good flow for the video. None of what I was saying about his video was that it didnt' have enough MLG Mt.Dew and airhorns.

You're kinda putting words in my mouth there, I was just making a general comment about making CS videos that had nothing to do with any feedback you were giving...and again this is just another attempt to be constructive about what it is I think this video does well compared to the other one we were discussing...

Really, if you strip the audio commentary, this video essentially IS that goon video, it's just executed better and more professionally with MUCH higher-level play (obviously, as it was made by professionals as opposed to people playing on a goon server). TBH I'd go so far as to say phosphene's video had better third-person camera shots than this one did. What makes it so much more watchable is 1) the hype commentary, as I said; 2) effects that for the most part enhance rather than distract from kills, and 3) it's much tighter: almost no dead space of people running somewhere or holding an angle (and when that's not the case, the presence of the announcers saves it), yet it has probably about the same amount of actual content

Also, just a guess but I think the reason there was no commentary on the pita clips was because the editor either couldn't find recorded commentary for at least one of those games, or if it existed then it wasn't very good, not because it flowed better. Think about it, if you were making a dignitas roster hype video pita is NOT player you would choose to highlight first. To your point some of the kills did match decently with the music in that first clip but I don't think it really makes or breaks the video and my hunch is they would have rather just used commentary for all 5 players.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

NiP looking vintage right now. :swoon:

GTR almost 30 bombed. Almost double the score of teammates.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 21, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Famethrowa posted:

NiP looking vintage right now. :swoon:

GTR almost 30 bombed. Almost double the score of teammates.

Welp, looks like I'm going to get yelled at by our sec team for streaming today, want to see NiP on fire.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

well, hiko's officially done standing in for Optic. Wonder where he's going to end up

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

MF_James posted:

Welp, looks like I'm going to get yelled at by our sec team for streaming today, want to see NiP on fire.

lmao I say that, then NiP allows an 11 round comeback

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Famethrowa posted:

Then draken pushes a molly, AWPs flusha, and they get the win. I like that guy.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fauxshiz posted:

Then draken pushes a molly, AWPs flusha, and they get the win. I like that guy.

He's like stewie with an awp. I like him too :shobon:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

TheFlyingLlama posted:

well, hiko's officially done standing in for Optic. Wonder where he's going to end up

hopefully the garbage.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Hiko is the most overrated "underrated" player in the scene. I've been saying he's mediocre while thooorin and NA have been sucking his dick.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Wait G2 is 1-9 in EPL online part. :captainpop:

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Smol posted:

Wait G2 is 1-9 in EPL online part. :captainpop:

Yeah, and even when they manage to make a scoreline look close the games themselves aren't competitive at all. I was so ready to love that team, but christ. How can so much be talent be so impotent?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
At least they qualified to Starseries. If nothing else, they should be a team that will perform better on LAN.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Phosphene posted:

Hiko is the most overrated "underrated" player in the scene. I've been saying he's mediocre while thooorin and NA have been sucking his dick.

i dont think thoooooooooooooorin cares for him either

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

stump collector posted:

Hiko confirmed for best CS:GO Pro then.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fauxshiz posted:

Yeah, and even when they manage to make a scoreline look close the games themselves aren't competitive at all. I was so ready to love that team, but christ. How can so much be talent be so impotent?

So the "let's listen to reddit and throw every great player in one team" strategy tends to not work? Hmmm

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

stump collector posted:

Back when he did some NA dream team theorycrafting like a year ago, Hiko was the first person he wanted on that team. Thorin is fairweather as hell from what I can tell. Except for device, he has a huge boner for device

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
face it dot com dot mp4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSEC-2v8MTw

stump collector
May 28, 2007
How many match fixers do you know, refu and swift??

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Only one, and I will throw for skins any day

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

I know! They looked really good on what I saw from T side and their first few rounds as CT looked good, but they just couldn't hold a site after that.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGJwCbc2p8I

finished my first open season above .500

i suck slightly less now???

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Pimp out of Liquid, Liquid still dumpster squad

Stan killing NACS, I support that

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Faceit or ESEA for soloQ EU?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Faceit or ESEA for soloQ EU?

Probably faceit in EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
How on earth did we end up with the rank names? Eg supreme master first class or legendary eagle just seem really bizarre.