Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Pissflaps posted:

This is hosed up.

Terrorism is pretty hosed up in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seaside Loafer posted:

Slightly less worse than being all the other brown foreigns as a macro group, your basic nazi oval office hates ireland in general enough already so not much of a shift and no reason to put 'Muslims attack UK, must kill them all' all over the moron press.

I'm not super sure that putting "Recolonize Ireland" on there would be an enormous improvement.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Pissflaps posted:

This is hosed up.
Alright if I replace that with 'I hope its any group instead of Muslim terrorists' would it make sense? And yes it is hosed up.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
Was May in Parliament at the time? I bet the nutjob had grand designs of fighting his way into the building to get at the Prime Minister or someone else high ranking.

Rakosi fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 22, 2017

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Seaside Loafer posted:

Alright if I replace that with 'I hope its any group instead of Muslim terrorists' would it make sense? And yes it is hosed up.

stop digging your hole

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
loving hell do you think she was knocked in the thames?

"A female member of the public was recovered alive from the water, but with serious injuries. She has been brought ashore and is undergoing urgent medical treatment. The working assumption is that she fell or jumped from the bridge."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jippa posted:

"A female member of the public was recovered alive from the water, but with serious injuries. She has been brought ashore and is undergoing urgent medical treatment. The working assumption is that she fell or jumped from the bridge."

I would guess jumped out of the way if she's still alive, I can't imagine being hit by a car and surviving the fall into the river.

Either way I'd say she's got a weird kind of luck.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Jippa posted:

Gonna need a lot of antibiotics to treat those wounds. Does the country have enough?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

i would have thought jumped into the river to avoid the car coming at her

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Seaside Loafer posted:

loving great, thats that then innit, mega double down on all the everyone who isnt a british bulldog rhetoric forever. I actually hope they were the IRA

I've been worried about something like this since Trump was elected, I thought it would happen in America though, not here...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jippa posted:

i think the fall into water alone would gently caress you up depending on the height

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
She probably jumped down to the river to avoid the car and broke a few bones on landing.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Rakosi posted:

Gonna need a lot of antibiotics to treat those wounds. Does the country have enough?
yes

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The Thames is pretty shallow along the edges particularly when the tide is as it is at the moment. You get a few jumpers a year who all end up with broken bones and the like.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/BBCDomC/status/844598840221163521

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
fucks sake.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

French Prime Minister has confirmed that French students were amongst those injured in the attack.

Unclear as to their ages (there were earlier reports they were children), but some small sliver of comfort at least in fact there were no fatalities amongst them.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Edit: sorry, awful app error.

Pissflaps fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 22, 2017

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Tigey posted:

French Prime Minister has confirmed that French students were amongst those injured in the attack.

Unclear as to their ages (there were earlier reports they were children), but some small sliver of comfort at least in fact there were no fatalities amongst them.

Hopefully it doesn't help Le Pen too much, although I guess it's pretty unlikely to affect the election

The suspect appears Middle-Eastern/Asian and it's a one year anniversary of the Brussels bombings (going by the gibbis thread so take it with a pinch of salt maybe)

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 22, 2017

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Tigey posted:

They'd be 15 to 18 years old (high school students).

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

not sure children getting hurt is funny 'flaps, but there we go

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

One of the three stabbed coppers is dead now, apparently.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Seaside Loafer posted:

At present, it looks like a Daesh-inspired attack. Ramming civilians with motor vehicles is their recommended DIY atrocity.

It would be far, far worse if it was specifically the IRA rather than any other group (but it's near-certain to be an Islamist, because of the nature of the attack) because it would totally wreck the vulnerable, painstakingly-assembled, expensively-maintained situation that currently passes for peace in NI and is already under economic threat from the fallout of Brexit.

So I have to assume anyone who says ‘rather the IRA than an Daesh-addled nutjob’ can’t actually remember the Troubles. I was only a child while most of it was going on (not when Omagh happened, though), but it really was the most loving awful time, and the UK could all too easily slip right back there.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

who carries out a terror attack in suede loafers?

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Man I didn't get Tipping Point, The Chase OR Pointless because apparently it's vitally important to have constant live coverage of "Yep, nothing's happening. Still nothing's happening. Nope, no new developments. Scenes from London here, where it all happened hours ago and is now finished. Eyewitness testimony from a guy who didn't see anything there, as yet more nothing continues to unfold".

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Better photo of the suspect.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Disgusting Coward posted:

Man I didn't get Tipping Point, The Chase OR Pointless because apparently it's vitally important to have constant live coverage of "Yep, nothing's happening. Still nothing's happening. Nope, no new developments. Scenes from London here, where it all happened hours ago and is now finished. Eyewitness testimony from a guy who didn't see anything there, as yet more nothing continues to unfold".

Journos interviewing each other now in the absence of anything new to report.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Private Speech posted:

Better photo of the suspect.

Oh joy he's black and/or of Middle Eastern decent :smithicide:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

biglads posted:

Journos interviewing each other now in the absence of anything new to report.

Oh the plus side I've yet to hear anyone apart from Twitter dickheads making any actual accusations about motivations of the attackers, so that's a bit good.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I dunno what rail it is that does the bit near London, just that it seems like all the southern operators seem to be in the poo poo.

East coast generally works albeit costing far too much.

You would probably take Cross Country from somewhere like Paddington along the WCML.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JFairfax posted:

Obviously not a career terrorist, just a casual.

You'd think that keeping everything normal other than a scrolling "here's how to be safe and here's how to check if your relatives are safe" thing would be important.

I guess that goes against the culture of fear and sensationalism.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

feedmegin posted:

You would probably take Cross Country from somewhere like Paddington along the WCML.

Really? Huh, I figured most of the major north/south traffic went on the ECML.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

JFairfax posted:

Those are desert boots

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

I imagine the Beeb in particular would be terrified that any break in constant coverage would be an excuse for the Daily Mail/Murdoch press to start screaming about them ignoring a terrorist attack, disrespecting the victims etc. etc.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

4 dead, 20+ injured from police statement. Seems like there were coppers on the bridge which is why it started there.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Really? Huh, I figured most of the major north/south traffic went on the ECML.

You could do either, but you wouldn't go from Paddington, you'd go from Euston or King's Cross.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Random Integer posted:

I imagine the Beeb in particular would be terrified that any break in constant coverage would be an excuse for the Daily Mail/Murdoch press to start screaming about them ignoring a terrorist attack, disrespecting the victims etc. etc.
While hunting for the best photos of victims to plaster across the front page.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the quicker the UK pulls up the drawbridge, fills in the tunnel and gets out of europe the better

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

JFairfax posted:

the quicker the UK pulls up the drawbridge, fills in the tunnel and gets out of europe the better

We'll still take ferries out to the rest of the world (not planes though lol) and post on the internet, there's no protecting the rest of world from us that easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
My condolences to the families of the 4 victims and the wounded.

Unfortunately rear end in a top hat alt-right politicians are going to use this to destroy the lives of thousands. Looking forward to much more stringent immigration controls that will help prevent absolutely nothing.

• Locked thread