Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been getting the New Teen Titans TPBs they're doing so I won't be getting the omnibuses, but I hope they don't manage to screw up like they did last time.

Not sure which of those appeal to me. I've had Pérez Wonder Woman on pre-order for what feels like forever. I think one I'd kinda like is Aquaman by Peter David. I've read a few issues of that run and liked them well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Scored the WW omni, thanks for sharing!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Rhyno posted:

I loving hate Bleeding Cool but they have all the links in one place

50% off a whole bunch of DC Omnibus HCs! And many of these ain't even out yet!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/02/batch-dc-comics-omnibuses-drop-50-off-amazon/

Saga: Book 2 for $25. :eyepop:

e: And only $8 for shipping to Europe. Score!

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 3, 2017

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

So is the BPRD hardcover line dead? I love the series but they come out at a glacial pace and I don't want to double dip.

Oh and if anyone is interested I have some books up for sale on ebay, including a custom bound Secret Invasion Omnibus signed by Bendis.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sporklift1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HOLY loving GRAPHIC NOVELS BATMAN

LOOK AT THIS FUCKIN LIST

http://collectededitions.blogspot.com.es/2017/03/dc-rebirth-omnibus-expanded-edition.html

DC is doing deluxe hardcovers of the Rebirth books!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Everyone buy that Grayson omnibus.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus

:getin:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Everyone buy that Grayson omnibus.

IM GONNA

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Ooh, Deadman by Kelley Jones, someone at some point recommended that to me. I've never heard of Night Force, but it sounds interesting. American Alien in paperback, I'm looking forward to that. How's that Shazam? I don't think I've heard anyone talk about it. Also, Batman Arkham: Joker's Daughter? Really? A bunch of neat stuff in there to look forward to though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Shazam mini is pretty weak honestly.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

LOOK AT THIS FUCKIN LIST

http://collectededitions.blogspot.com.es/2017/03/dc-rebirth-omnibus-expanded-edition.html

Its Harley Quinns all the way down. I'm also somewhat pessimistic about DC's second attempt at publishing JLI collections.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Rhyno posted:

LOOK AT THIS FUCKIN LIST

Aw man, I literally bought the softcover version of Batman: Hush just last week. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet a full third of those books never happen.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, look, Peter David Aquaman. That would be interesting.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Cactus Jack posted:

What are the chances that this is recolored? And should I try to unload my hardcovers before the bottom drops out on resale?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Rhyno posted:

That Shazam mini is pretty weak honestly.

That's a shame. But then again, if people buy it, they might get the idea to collect The Power of Shazam, so maybe anyways.

Say, Rhyno, if you don't mind me asking, since I assume you'd be in the know, is Azrael volume 2 confirmed cancelled or can I hold out hope it's just been massively delayed?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cactus Jack posted:

:respek:

I assume that WIldcats is Alan Moore? Or Joe Casey, at least?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I assume that WIldcats is Alan Moore? Or Joe Casey, at least?

quote:

Absolute WildC.A.T.S.

19 December $125.00

Industry titan Jim Lee presents ABSOLUTE WILDC.A.T.S., a collection of the greatest WildStorm characters in one giant Absolute Edition!
Covertly fighting evil extraterrestrials, the WILDC.A.T.S. have tirelessly stood as humankind’s last defense. But when the Daemonites initiate a plan that will allow their warships to attack Earth, it appears all hope is lost. Now with Armageddon approaching, it is up to the android Spartan, the hulking Maul, the female assassin Zealot, the mercenary Grifter, the shape shifting Voodoo, the living weapon Warblade and the precognitive Void to stop the invasion and save the world.
ABSOLUTE WILDC.A.T.S collects WILDC.A.T.s #1-13, 31, 50; CYBERFORCE #1-3, WILDC.A.T.s/X-MEN: THE SILVER AGE #1; WILDCATS ADVENTURES #1 and WILDCATS #1, as well as behind-the-scenes sketches, concept designs and variant covers in an oversize slipcase.

edit: There's a Marvel colab included in there. I wonder if reprints of DVvMarv and JLA/Avengers are a possibility now.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 16, 2017

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Alhazred posted:

I'm also somewhat pessimistic about DC's second attempt at publishing JLI collections.

The solicit seems to indicate that it's most, if not all, of the run.

Which makes me double pissed that I spent money on the original hardcovers and trades that never got completed.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Uthor posted:

The solicit seems to indicate that it's most, if not all, of the run.

I'm guessing the plan is to continue on the following JLA run (plus JLE crossovers) till Giffen/DeMattais hopped off for a Vol.2.
And it'll get cancelled.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 17, 2017

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/1231813-dark-horse-reveals-mike-mignolas-hellboy-hell-library-edition

It looks like they are continuing the B.P.R.D. hardcovers. Only took three years...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm guessing the plan is to continue on the following JLA run (plus JLE crossovers) till Giffen/DeMattais hopped off for a Vol.2.
And it'll get cancelled.

This collects JL/JLI/JLA #1-30 and JLE #1-6. That means there's still JLA #31-60 and JLE #7-36, plus JL/JLI/JLA Annuals #1-5, JLE Annuals #1-2, and JL Quarterly #1-3 to squeeze in there. That requires two more Omnibus volumes for sure, which will be approximately the same size. Hopefully they're smart enough to run "The Teasdale Imperative" and "Breakdowns" in order, going back and forth between the two titles, and fit the Annuals and Quarterlies in chronologically.

Bonus points if they include Formerly Known As the Justice League, I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League, the short Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire story from JLA 80-Page Giant #1, and DC Retroactive: The '90s: Justice League.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

sporklift posted:

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/1231813-dark-horse-reveals-mike-mignolas-hellboy-hell-library-edition

It looks like they are continuing the B.P.R.D. hardcovers. Only took three years...

They release these whenever the story arc finishes up. Unfortunately, that took 6 loving years for Hell On Earth.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

sporklift posted:

I wish they'd reprint the Plague of Frogs HCs. They're kind of hard to get in Europe (for a good price). :arghfist::(

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I don't really care for the omnibus format but I'm in for any Justice League volumes as I doubt they are ever going get as far in TPB.

Also in for Hellboy and BPRD, haven't read any Hell on Earth because I've been waiting for the hardcover!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a website out there that will let me pre-order books? I use IST exclusively because I really like their packaging, but their website hasn't been updated since 2001. Amazon will go out of their way to damage books that I order.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

obi_ant posted:

Is there a website out there that will let me pre-order books? I use IST exclusively because I really like their packaging, but their website hasn't been updated since 2001. Amazon will go out of their way to damage books that I order.

http://www.talesofwonder.com and https://www.dcbservice.com/, which are owned by the same people as IST. TOW always has higher prices than IST for some reason. DCBS doesn't carry everything, but their prices are closer to IST from what I've seen. I haven't ordered from either of these, only IST, but I'd imagine their packaging would be similar.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Straight from DC's June solicitations:
http://www.newsarama.com/33652-dc-comics-june-2017-solicitations.html

quote:

JUSTICE LEAGUE BY GIFFEN AND DEMATTEIS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
Written by KEITH GIFFEN and J.M. DeMATTEIS
Art by KEVIN MAGUIRE, KEITH GIFFEN, MIKE McKONE, STEVE LEIALOHA, TY TEMPLETON, ADAM HUGHES, BART SEARS and others
Cover by KEVIN MAGUIRE
The classic 1980s super-team series is collected in a giant Omnibus starring Batman, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Green Lantern Guy Gardner, Ice, Fire and dozens of other colorful heroes! This first volume includes JUSTICE LEAGUE #1-6, JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #7-25, JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #26-46, JUSTICE LEAGUE EUROPE #1-21, SUICIDE SQUAD #13, JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL ANNUAL #1-3, JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA ANNUAL #4, JUSTICE LEAGUE EUROPE ANNUAL #1 and more!
On sale SEPTEMBER 27 • 1,080 pg, FC, $99.99 US

I'm relieved they included the annuals and Suicide Squad #13, but it seems odd to cut it off at Justice League America #46, the first part of a five-part General Glory story.

That means Omnibus Vol. 2 will have Justice League America #47-60 and Annual #5, Justice League Europe #22-36 and Annual #2, Justice League Quarterly #1-3, and possibly Green Lantern #18, a "Breakdowns" crossover issue. It would be asking too much for them to throw in Armageddon 2001 #1-2 to bookend the two related annuals, since #2 followed directly from JL Europe Annual #2, and the whole thing featured Captain Atom so prominently. They might even include the more recent Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire material, which would be nice to see.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

How is 70+ comics only 1080 pages?
It should be even bigger than the Invisibles omni.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

How is 70+ comics only 1080 pages?
It should be even bigger than the Invisibles omni.

I'd say someone messed up and included the contents of volume 2 as well. No way that's one omnibus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey chums, I grabbed some books I already owned so they're up for grabs

Captain America Return of the Winter Soldier HC Omnibus
Captain America The Trial of Captain America HC Omnibus

$40 each shipped in the CONUSA or $75 for both.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty cool omnibus announcement for later this year - Captain America by Mark Waid and Ron Garney.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Pretty cool omnibus announcement for later this year - Captain America by Mark Waid and Ron Garney.

1328 pages. :popeye:

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

You know, I read part of Waid's run in the Epic collection that came out not to long ago and I wasn't that impressed. I really didn't like how he wrote Sharon Carter at all. I like pretty much everything else I've read from him so I was pretty disappointed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TheManWithNoName posted:

You know, I read part of Waid's run in the Epic collection that came out not to long ago and I wasn't that impressed. I really didn't like how he wrote Sharon Carter at all. I like pretty much everything else I've read from him so I was pretty disappointed.

If it wasn't for Waid we would have no Sharon Carter. She was dead for a good decade until he brought her back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So is it going to be like the Jim Lee X-Men omni where they skip a bunch of issues so you can't actually read the book or will every issue of Waid's be printed?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure there's more Marc Silvestri and Whilce Portacio in those Jim Lee X-Men omnis than there is Jim Lee. :v:

I didn't think they were too bad on that front, though. They skipped over the X-Tinction Agenda issues but I think that was about it.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

If it wasn't for Waid we would have no Sharon Carter. She was dead for a good decade until he brought her back.

I realize that but she was SO. MAD. every issue it got annoying. Also the finagling to get Cap and Skull teamed up was a bit much.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TheManWithNoName posted:

I realize that but she was SO. MAD. every issue it got annoying. Also the finagling to get Cap and Skull teamed up was a bit much.

But storywise that made sense. She got burned and everyone thought she was dead. Shield disowned her and it took her a while to realize that cap was unaware of her survival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

So is it going to be like the Jim Lee X-Men omni where they skip a bunch of issues so you can't actually read the book or will every issue of Waid's be printed?

If it's 1328 drat pages, I sort of doubt it