Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

this in of itself is lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Wow, Trump used the same bank that people who did illegal stuff at used. Also bad people lived in one of his many buildings.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it's not like it's hard to own the gently caress out of people like me, so it's extra funny when someone like prorat owns himself

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Also bad people lived in one of his many buildings.

c'mon it's kinda funny that russians were laundering money there

I'm not saying it's his fault or anything I'm just saying that's kinda funny

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
My downstairs neighbor could be a serial killer for all I know, they're a little too quiet down there

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My downstairs neighbor could be a serial killer for all I know, they're a little too quiet down there

you aren't the "billionaire" owner of the building with your name plastered all over it, you aren't president of the united states, and your team doesn't keep getting implicated in russian criminal schemes, so

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

World War Mammories posted:

dude nunes himself in that article says it looked like incidental collection in which the trump team communicated with the actual targets of the surveillance. and it turns out the targets of said surveillance were a russian money laundering ring operating out of a trump tower penthouse suite three floors below trump's. so uh

Don't be dumb they were using this method to listen in on Trump and using this money laundering ring as an excuse.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

oh ok

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

after all, who doesn't live in their own personal building and ends up with a couple russian money laundering rings operating out of them, that's just everyday american life

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

you aren't the "billionaire" owner of the building with your name plastered all over it, you aren't president of the united states, and your team doesn't keep getting implicated in russian criminal schemes, so

i think we disagree on what the word "implication" means

after all, who doesn't live in their own personal building and ends up with a couple russian money laundering rings operating out of them, that's just everyday american life

I think If i had my own building with dozens of floors and sold space to anyone with money then yes I could probably have this happen to me as I'm not an omniscient being that knows what happens in every square inch of my retail properties.

Call me crazy though. This is obviously Vladimir Putin operating out of New York. The puppet strings run right up outside the building everyone JUST LOOK

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 22, 2017

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Irrational, like 3rd world failed states like Mexico to have it as part of "their national identity" to escape Mexico lol

News here bud it's not our loving problem Mexico sucks a fat one and it's not our job to dictate Mexican policy, just our job to keep illegals the gently caress out of our country and this causes a conniption fit among liberals because laws existing long before trump was president are now enforced and the ultra wealthy may have more problems exploiting a vulnerable underclass but as usual the solution here to liberals is to scream racist at people not lockstep thinking correctly and then as Mordor does, unironically wishing genocide and death upon everyone who didn't vote for Hillary lmao

I forgot it's your goal to man the wall and shoot the Mexican hordes for "their own good"

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
what's the rent like at trump tower anyway

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

http://www.401northwabashcondos.com/trump-tower-chicago-rentals.php

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

yuge!

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Don't even think about it unless you're operating a Russian money laundering scheme. Very pricey.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
3 bedroom in downtown Chicago is 16K a month. That's not terrible

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Trump wasn't being wiretapped wrt his election or anything involving Obama or anything else so even if in the pursuit of gathering intel on this money laundering ring they got some incidental communication (which is like, "Hey how are you doing" in the elevator) it has no relevance to anything Trump was talking about whatsoever in his allegations against Obama.

The FBI director James Comey, who kicked HRC in the shins a week before election day, came out and said "we weren't wiretapping Trump and there is no basis at all for that accusation" :shrug:

Is he biased now when the facts don't go Trumps way but before he wasn't biased when it was tilting against HRC?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Did everyone forget the NSA has us all wiretapped all the time or does that not count

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The man has 10 sky scrapers with his name on it and a dozen other buildings. All kinds of poo poo could happen.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

they got some incidental communication (which is like, "Hey how are you doing" in the elevator)

Prove it.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
HAH the US government spying on a citizen!?! That's preposterous! How could you even levy a charge like that!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Space Crabs posted:

i think we disagree on what the word "implication" means

I think If i had my own building with dozens of floors and sold space to anyone with money then yes I could probably have this happen to me as I'm not an omniscient being that knows what happens in every square inch of my retail properties.

Call me crazy though. This is obviously Vladimir Putin operating out of New York. The puppet strings run right up outside the building everyone JUST LOOK

then please enlighten me about its meaning, because I use it to describe things like campaign manager paul manafort being connected to a putin-allied russian billionaire to promote pro-russian interests throughout eastern europe and things like that. is that not being implicated?

i can quote my logic from other older posts I've made if you're curious, because I'm pretty tired of "rich people attempt to circumvent law to make fuckloads of money" being painted as "JAMES BOND DONALD TRUMP DR NO," but I assume that would just be tedious

Prorat posted:

Prove it.

literally the article you linked says that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Prove it.

you want me to prove what the word incidental means???

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

HAH the US government spying on a citizen!?! That's preposterous! How could you even levy a charge like that!

Dude there's a difference between "everyone is passively spied on" and "Obama wiretapped me specifically in order to sabotage me."

That's like an actual criminal accusation you can't just toss out on Twitter as the POTUS and think people are just gonna forget about it 'cuz lol

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

then please enlighten me about its meaning, because I use it to describe things like campaign manager paul manafort being connected to a putin-allied russian billionaire to promote pro-russian interests throughout eastern europe and things like that. is that not being implicated?

i can quote my logic from other older posts I've made if you're curious, because I'm pretty tired of "rich people attempt to circumvent law to make fuckloads of money" being painted as "JAMES BOND DONALD TRUMP DR NO," but I assume that would just be tedious

literally the article you linked says that

I'm no lawyer but I believe implicated means there is enough evidence of a crime to bring forth charges and you are implicated when you are charged. That hasn't happened in this case. I'm not sure if lobbying for a foreign Goverment is even illegal but it certainly doesn't look good. Edit- it isn't.
Jeez it's super boring at work today.

Krustic fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 22, 2017

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

you want me to prove what the word incidental means???

Incidental - liable to happen as a consequence of (an activity).

Prove that it was just hello on an elevator. It was most likely they were tapping every phone in that building. Not that the NSA isn't already doing that anyway.

You are dumb if you don't think they were passing it along to Obama.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Incidental - liable to happen as a consequence of (an activity).

Prove that it was just hello on an elevator. It was most likely they were tapping every phone in that building. Not that the NSA isn't already doing that anyway.

bro that was an example you loving moron I don't know what the actual content is but I assume that since James Comey hosed HRC he isn't some super pro Obama dick sucker and since he is now saying "that's total bullshit" I'm inclined to buy it in the absence of anything legitimate from the White House.

quote:

lol for what reason

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Dude there's a difference between "everyone is passively spied on" and "Obama wiretapped me specifically in order to sabotage me."

That's like an actual criminal accusation you can't just toss out on Twitter as the POTUS and think people are just gonna forget about it 'cuz lol

So we're all spied on all the time and then we're suppose to just believe intelligence agencies when they're like "no, we didn't do that"

Ok, so now I'm trusting government intelligence and Ronald McDonald news or else I'm stupid

Call my cynical but, ya know, I just don't trust them fellers

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So we're all spied on all the time and then we're suppose to just believe intelligence agencies when they're like "no, we didn't do that"

Ok, so now I'm trusting government intelligence and Ronald McDonald news or else I'm stupid

idk what to tell you dude. Again there's a difference between the NSA gathering metadata that they can maybe analyze later if the need arises and "The president ordered me specifically to be wiretapped in violation of my 4th amendment rights in order to sabotage a political opponent during an election."

If you think those are just the same then there's not much point in continuing to argue about it :shrug:

Trump should be able to come up with some actual piece of evidence if this was truth.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

idk what to tell you dude. Again there's a difference between the NSA gathering metadata that they can maybe analyze later if the need arises and "The president ordered me specifically to be wiretapped in violation of my 4th amendment rights in order to sabotage a political opponent during an election."

If you think those are just the same then there's not much point in continuing to argue about it :shrug:

Trump should be able to come up with some actual piece of evidence if this was truth.

I should believe the denials of people doing illegal things. Got it. Thanks

Way to take the side of the government that's spying on you lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Like dude do you realize what you're doing even lol?

Trump asserts X.

Intelligence agencies deny X.

In the name of cynicism, you say the intelligence agencies are full of poo poo and we shouldn't believe them... but why are we just taking Trump at his word then???

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Way to take the side of the government that's spying on you lol

bro TRUMP IS THE GOVERNMENT NOW

Like... HE WON lol. He's IN OFFICE. HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF. Why is everyone acting like he's some outsider who still being ganked on by some shadow deep state when the loving guy hasn't even made his appointments yet??????

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Like dude do you realize what you're doing even lol?

Trump asserts X.

Intelligence agencies deny X.

In the name of cynicism, you say the intelligence agencies are full of poo poo and we shouldn't believe them... but why are we just taking Trump at his word then???

Do you realize that you're defending the CIA and FBI lol

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Krustic posted:

I'm no lawyer but I believe implicated means there is enough evidence of a crime to bring forth charges and you are implicated when you are charged. That hasn't happened in this case. I'm not sure if lobbying for a foreign Goverment is even illegal but it certainly doesn't look good.
Jeez it's super boring at work today.

oh, really? hum, my mistake. I guess the proper phrasing is "person of interest"?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Do you realize that you're defending the CIA and FBI lol

Do you realize that you're accepting at face value the word of the president and yet saying that the CIA/FBI aren't to be trusted bc they are government?

Why is Trump's assertion something that is to be believed until proven false but everything else is false until proven true?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I forgot it's your goal to man the wall and shoot the Mexican hordes for "their own good"

No so we're clear I don't give a gently caress, it's not America's problem! Like do you show this same level of Incredible caremad about oppressed Cambodians or the plight of non-Han Chinese? I'm not saying don't have basic human compassion here but where the gently caress do you draw the line? It clearly isn't "our sovereign country is racist for having borders"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You can't just take what the president says at face value while at the same time going "I'm just too cynical to believe the FBI/CIA when they say anything they have to prove it."

i mean ffs dude

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

like... that's TRUMP lol

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Do you realize that you're accepting at face value the word of the president and yet saying that the CIA/FBI aren't to be trusted bc they are government?

Why is Trump's assertion something that is to be believed until proven false but everything else is false until proven true?

Because he's a new employee, not an entrenched political player?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Because he's a new employee, not an entrenched political player?

lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
when ever i hear stuff about trump being wire tapped and spied on by obama it just makes me think/reminds me that he is a shady dude with shady friends and acquaintances and should probably be under a lot more scrutiny all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

You can't just take what the president says at face value while at the same time going "I'm just too cynical to believe the FBI/CIA when they say anything they have to prove it."

i mean ffs dude

like... that's TRUMP lol

Because even before Trump was saying poo poo like this I believed it? What the gently caress are you smoking

• Locked thread